Options

BLM a terrorist organization??

Comments

• Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    I saw a Cleveland Browns running back got into some trouble for posting an image on Instagram of a police officer getting his throat slashed... The NFL may be suspending him for a few games which of course they should...

I would cut him (pun intended) lol
  • Options
    my2hands said:

I saw a Cleveland Browns running back got into some trouble for posting an image on Instagram of a police officer getting his throat slashed... The NFL may be suspending him for a few games which of course they should...

I would cut him (pun intended) lol

I can only imagine what he will say.
    "I didn't mean it really" or "My bad decision doesn't really reflect who I really am" blah, blah,
    shut up.
  • Options
    dignindignin Posts: 9,303
  • Options
    pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,204
    dignin said:
    just as he has the right to protest, people have to right to call him Un-american for disrespecting the Flag if they so choose.

Kaepernick was raised by white parents. doesn't that mean instead of being oppressed he gained because of white privilege?

• Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,556
    edited August 2016
    That is an extreme statement. There isn't a genocide of black people happening.
    I support the underlying purpose of BLM outside of that that kind of rhetoric. I think there is a need for a movement to advance black civil liberties faster and more effectively. The problem with BLM is that no one seems to be bothering to go about the movement in any systematic, well organized way that actually works in the long run. They need a leader. Like a real leader, like the second coming of MLK Jr. kind of leader. The way they going about it now, with no apparent centralized organization or administration or good public representative who understands how PR works, they are just working against themselves. That's sad to see. Maybe they'll pull it together though. Time will tell. No, I don't think it's a terrorist organization, I just think there are too many people who are doing a lot of shit wrong to their own detriment.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    PJPOWERPJPOWER In Yo Face Posts: 6,499
    dignin said:
    Just an uninformed, ignorant American....a line that is getting longer by the day! He can go fuck himself as far as I'm concerned...oh wait, he just did, lol
  • Options
    pjhawks said:

dignin said:
    just as he has the right to protest, people have to right to call him Un-american for disrespecting the Flag if they so choose.

Kaepernick was raised by white parents. doesn't that mean instead of being oppressed he gained because of white privilege?

So he can't protest because his adopted parents are white? I can't see the logic in that.

• Options
    PJPOWER said:

dignin said:
    Just an uninformed, ignorant American....a line that is getting longer by the day! He can go fuck himself as far as I'm concerned...oh wait, he just did, lol
    How is he uninformed or ignorant?
  • Options
    dignin said:

pjhawks said:

dignin said:

So he can't protest because his adopted parents are white? I can't see the logic in that.

i never said he couldn't protest. in this country anyone can peacefully protest all they like. i just questioned whether he was oppressed or if he gained because of white privilege based on being raised by white parents. fair question i think.
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    dignin said:

PJPOWER said:

dignin said:
    Uninformed because he thinks he will still have a football career after this. Ignorant because he does not realize that his method of protesting disrespects the very fabric of what led to him being able to have a football career and a voice to begin with.
    Post edited by PJPOWER on
  • Options
    pjhawks said:

dignin said:

pjhawks said:

dignin said:

i never said he couldn't protest. in this country anyone can peacefully protest all they like. i just questioned whether he was oppressed or if he gained because of white privilege based on being raised by white parents. fair question i think.
    My point is, if he has gained from white privilege or not, how would that matter? Shouldn't take away any of the meaning of his protest. He is protesting in support of others, and he can raise awareness because of his privilege. That is noble.
  • Options
    PJPOWER said:

dignin said:

PJPOWER said:

dignin said:
    Uninformed because he thinks he will still have a football career after this. Ignorant because he does not realize that his method of protesting disrespects the very fabric of what led to him being able to have a football career and a voice to begin with.
    I don't think it is him that is ignorant of American values.
  • Options
    edited August 2016
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    dignin said:

pjhawks said:

dignin said:

pjhawks said:

dignin said:

My point is, if he has gained from white privilege or not, how would that matter? Shouldn't take away any of the meaning of his protest. He is protesting in support of others, and he can raise awareness because of his privilege. That is noble.
    Noble would be him refusing to play or accept his paycheck because playing a game and earning what he earns makes all of his statements about income inequality and fairness seem a bit hypocritical.
    Post edited by PJPOWER on
  • Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,123
    Dude has $61M guaranteed and was gonna be benched in favor of Blaine Gabbert prior of this shamockery.

Dude is a TERRORIST!!! Dude is gonna force the Santa Clara 49ers fans to buy Blaine Gabbert jerseys!!!

JOE MONTANA WEEPS FOR YOU POSERS!!!!
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    PJPOWER said:

dignin said:

pjhawks said:

dignin said:

pjhawks said:

dignin said:

Noble would be him refusing to play or accept his paycheck because playing a game and earning what he earns makes all of his statements about income inequality and fairness seem a bit hypocritical.
    I could not disagree with your view on this more. Using your thinking, philanthropy would literally die. One doesn't have to suffer from the problem to try to help the problem.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:

PJPOWER said:

dignin said:

pjhawks said:

dignin said:

pjhawks said:

dignin said:

I could not disagree with your view on this more. Using your thinking, philanthropy would literally die.
    Must have missed the part where he was being philanthropic. Maybe he is, but ruining your source of income by being an idiot would make philanthropy a little more difficult too...
  • Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,123
    Dude deserves every effi'n nickle he can swindle from the league of disposable heroes.
  • Options
    PJPOWER said:

PJ_Soul said:

PJPOWER said:

dignin said:

pjhawks said:

dignin said:

pjhawks said:

dignin said:

I could not disagree with your view on this more. Using your thinking, philanthropy would literally die.
    Must have missed the part where he was being philanthropic. Maybe he is, but ruining your source of income by being an idiot would make philanthropy a little more difficult too...
    I didn't say he was being philanthropic, but it's the same principle. One needn't experience the problem to see the problem or want to try and fix the problem. That's why we don't all go on hunger strikes before talking about how more people should donate to the food bank.
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:

PJPOWER said:

PJ_Soul said:

PJPOWER said:

dignin said:

pjhawks said:

dignin said:

pjhawks said:

dignin said:

I didn't say he was being philanthropic, but it's the same principle. One needn't experience the problem to see the problem or want to try and fix the problem. That's why we don't all go on hunger strikes before talking about how more people should donate to the food bank.
    I agree with you. For him, though, I see him as more of part of the problem rather than someone that sees a solution and is trying to fix problems in reasonable manners.
  • Options
    PJPOWER said:

PJ_Soul said:

PJPOWER said:

PJ_Soul said:

PJPOWER said:

dignin said:

pjhawks said:

dignin said:

pjhawks said:

dignin said:

I agree with you. For him, though, I see him as more of part of the problem rather than someone that sees a solution and is trying to fix problems in reasonable manners.
    Yeah, without knowing a lot about the particulars here, I understand what you're saying .... Then I remember that everyone is a hypocrite, lol. And anyone who says they aren't is a hypocrite and a liar. ;)
  • Options
    Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,637
    PJPOWER said:

dignin said:

PJPOWER said:

dignin said:
    Protest is an American value and is a part of our fabric. How many times do I read in amt that Americans think for themselves? Well, here you go.
  • Options
    PJPOWER said:

PJ_Soul said:

PJPOWER said:

PJ_Soul said:

PJPOWER said:

dignin said:

pjhawks said:

dignin said:

pjhawks said:

dignin said:

You have to identify the problem by putting words to it first before solving the problem.
  • Options

PJPOWER said:

PJ_Soul said:

PJPOWER said:

PJ_Soul said:

PJPOWER said:

dignin said:

pjhawks said:

dignin said:

pjhawks said:

dignin said:

You have to identify the problem by putting words to it first before solving the problem.
    Same thing for when you are trying to create solutions to problems. So many of the "problems" on both side are being perpetuated beyond reasoning for whatever reasons. People expect others to respect them, but always seem to think they are going help their causes by spitting in each other's faces...that's a problem and he is now part of it.
  • Options
    PJPOWER said:

PJPOWER said:

PJ_Soul said:

PJPOWER said:

PJ_Soul said:

PJPOWER said:

dignin said:

pjhawks said:

dignin said:

pjhawks said:

dignin said:

Same thing for when you are trying to create solutions to problems. So many of the "problems" on both side are being perpetuated beyond reasoning for whatever reasons. People expect others to respect them, but always seem to think they are going help their causes by spitting in each other's faces...that's a problem and he is now part of it.
    And at the moment, to get to the solution, we need to move past the "few bad apples" defense of racism within police departments and the judicial system. Not surprisingly, it's a lot of whites using this defense. Kaepernick didn't spit in anyone's face by what he did, and interpreting it that way is part of the problem.
  • Options
    Godfather.Godfather. Posts: 12,504
    dignin said:
    a young guy who's ego and confusion let his Lyons mouth overload his hummingbird ass, eventually, hopefully he will grow to understand a little better what it means to be an American ......and an $11,000,000 contract this country helped to provide.

Godfather.

• Options

PJPOWER said:

PJPOWER said:

PJ_Soul said:

PJPOWER said:

PJ_Soul said:

PJPOWER said:

dignin said:

pjhawks said:

dignin said:

pjhawks said:

dignin said:

And at the moment, to get to the solution, we need to move past the "few bad apples" defense of racism within police departments and the judicial system. Not surprisingly, it's a lot of whites using this defense. Kaepernick didn't spit in anyone's face by what he did, and interpreting it that way is part of the problem.
    Well, that's like your opinion and stuff, man.
  • Options
    PJPOWER said:

PJPOWER said:

PJPOWER said:

PJ_Soul said:

PJPOWER said:

PJ_Soul said:

PJPOWER said:

dignin said:

pjhawks said:

dignin said:

pjhawks said:

dignin said:

Well, that's like your opinion and stuff, man.
    It's an opinion supported by facts about police shootings, enforcement, and sentencing, and watching people run defense of police that they were culturally raised to trust by saying it's a few bad apples.
  • Options

PJPOWER said:

PJPOWER said:

PJ_Soul said:

PJPOWER said:

PJ_Soul said:

PJPOWER said:

dignin said:

pjhawks said:

dignin said:

pjhawks said:

dignin said:

I actually think he did.

There's a better time and place for 'protesting'. Granted... he received the attention he wanted to make his statement; however, other young men lie buried in Europe so he can live the life of an NFL quarterback.

He's a hypocrite at best. At worse, he's a spoiled punk. I get the sense he did this publicity stunt half informed of the issue and more on a whim than a deeply burning, passionate connection to the problem.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options

PJPOWER said:

PJPOWER said:

PJ_Soul said:

PJPOWER said:

PJ_Soul said:

PJPOWER said:

dignin said:

pjhawks said:

dignin said:

pjhawks said:

dignin said:

isn't the behavior of young black men in this country part of the solution as well? and frankly would be a much bigger part of the solution but BLM and guys like Kaepernick can't or won't discuss that.