Options

Terrorist Shooting In Orlando, FL

Comments

• Options
    Godfather.Godfather. Posts: 12,504

Hey as long as you guys are ok with massacres happening every month I say fuck gun laws I want an all out Wild West , you cut me off I'm shooting you , you talk during the movie bam bam your dead Black Friday would be great if everybody had guns no ? !!

you have a flare for the dramatic side of thing's.

Godfather.

• Options
    myoung321 said:

BS44325 said:

PJ_Soul said:

BS44325 said:

It's pathetic seeing republicans who hate gays just like the Muslims bashing liberals as Muslim lovers after this. What do you bigots care other than scoring political points?

It is this comment that is pathetic and you are off base in referring to people such as myself as bigots. Republicans do not hate gays. That is a caricature that you have created in your mind. There are some, who I happen to disagree with, who would prefer not to be forced to bake a cake out of their own religious beliefs but that is a far cry from hatred. Try to understand the difference between that belief and those of radical Islam. Second, nobody is calling liberals "muslim lovers" either. What is being said is that your progressive need to respect the cultural sensitivities of radical muslims is in direct contradiction to our collective need of protecting the rights of women and the LGBT community. You excuse the beliefs of one community at the expense of the other and in doing so it put us all at greater risk of attack. Smarten up.
    NO ONE has ever expressed a need to respect the sensitivities of radical Muslims.
    Sharia is radicalism plain and simple yet I've just been told by mRussel that we should be accepting of it. According to him it is similar to being an observant Amish.

Anyways...i think the person in this link has it right. Probably the most powerful thing I have read all day. It is time for progressives to start waking up to the this reality

https://pjmedia.com/trending/2016/06/12/gay-activist-after-orlando-trump-voter/?singlepage=true

"I'm a Gay Activist, and After Orlando, I Have Switched My Vote to Trump

This is the saddest day of my life. I can't even wrap my mind around the horror of what happened last night in Orlando, where 50 joyful dancing queers were murdered by a religious extremist. I'm sad -- devastated, in my soul -- about that; but I'm also sad that the events of Orlando have shattered my political beliefs, as I can no longer swear allegiance to a peace-love-and-unicorns progressive philosophy that only helps to get my fellow queers killed.

Yes, there is a war between religious fundamentalism and the spirit of love and tolerance. But we progressives here in America still labor under the delusion that the religion we need to combat is Christianity. But that's a strawman opponent, and has been so for decades. Since the 1990s, Christian extremists have essentially lost all their power, and are now toothless nonplayers in the "culture wars." Meanwhile, Muslim extremists, with guns, murder us, and on the left our only response is to bleat about "Islamophobia" and jump through hoops trying to explain away the self-evident religious motivation for the killings.

Oh sure, all year I've been playing the "Bernie or Hillary?" game with all the other default-Democrats in my social and professional circles. But this is no longer some kind of game. Our lives are on the line. Although I voted for Hillary in the primary, I now cringe inwardly with shame and embarrassment at having done so, and in November I will vote for Trump.

Why? Yes, I know that Trump is an a**hole, Trump is a clown, Trump is a motormouth buffoon. You don't have to convince me of that. But he's also the only person saying anything about putting the brakes on Islamic extremism, and in light of what happened last night in Orlando, suddenly that is the only issue that really matters when it comes to the health, well-being and safety of the queer community.

As an aside, Trump has never said anything homophobic, and has always gotten along well with the gay community in New York, so there's that in his favor as well.

I also now realize, with brutal clarity, that in the progressive hierarchy of identity groups, Muslims are above gays. Every pundit and politician -- and that includes President Obama and Hillary Clinton and half the talking heads on TV -- who today have said "We don't know what the shooter's motivation could possibly be!" have revealed to me their true priorities: appeasing Muslims is more important than defending the lives of gay people. Every progressive who runs interference for Islamic murderers is complicit in those murders, and I can no longer be a part of that team.

I'm just sick of it. Sick of the hypocrisy. Sick of the pandering. Sick of the deception.

And you know what makes me angrier still? The fact that I have to hide my identity and remain anonymous in writing this essay. If I outed myself as a Trump supporter, I would be harassed and doxxed and shunned by everyone I know and by the Twitter lynch mobs which up until yesterday I myself led.

I am ashamed. I am angry. And I am sad. I don't want to vote for Trump, but I must. And if you care about the safety of the gay community in America, so must you."
    Dumbama and hellary will convince some here that it's a gun issue.....it's not, vote Trump !

Godfather.

Could you have one conversation without using childish names to describe the President of the United States? But then again, your candidate can't, so why should I expect any civility from a follower.

my apologies...no need to carry on this "conversation" have a nice day..!

HAHAHHAHAHAHHHHHAH I'm glad somebody is paying attention, btw he's your president not mine.

Godfather.

• Options
    edited June 2016

pjalive21 said:

im just astounded that when something like this happens we go after guns instead of treating the mentally ill or vetting people more properly, but since guns shoot themselves lets take those away from law abiding citizens. I just cant wrap my head around not making individuals responsible, but instead blaming the machine. We already have gun laws on the book adding more and more to clutter up what is already there makes no damn sense

my thoughts with those in Orlando

An assault weapons ban makes perfect sense. If you dont have an assault rifle, you can not kill large amounts of people in short periods of time. It's so simple, it's stupid.
    .........no it's not simple, I enjoy owning a "assault rifle" it's a great tool for home defense and fun to take to a shooting range so who here has the right to take away my rights ? there is no gun problem there is only people problems and if you are worried about mass killings you better outlaw fertilizer or various types of gas as well or we can cut down on mass killings like Boston, NY, CA., etc. we can stop allowing muslim people into our country.

Godfather.

With everyone of these incidents you just keep sounding more & more crazy you make no sense , so now you want all Muslims banned ? Ok how about the ones that are living here deport them ?
    So let's see you & Trump want ..
    1- deport 11million illegal aliens
    2- deport How many Muslims

Tell us how will this get done are you willing to pay more in taxes to offset the cost of such an undertaking what are you willing to give up to see this come true ? ...
    it will take a while but it can be done....by the way, all of them.

Godfather.
    all of them, or just the brown ones?
    all of them, if they can't follow the legal process for citizenship then send them back.
    do you believe anybody that can walk, swim or fly across a border should gain citizenship of that country ? I do not.

Godfather.

• Options

myoung321 said:

pjalive21 said:

im just astounded that when something like this happens we go after guns instead of treating the mentally ill or vetting people more properly, but since guns shoot themselves lets take those away from law abiding citizens. I just cant wrap my head around not making individuals responsible, but instead blaming the machine. We already have gun laws on the book adding more and more to clutter up what is already there makes no damn sense

An assault weapons ban makes perfect sense. If you dont have an assault rifle, you can not kill large amounts of people in short periods of time. It's so simple, it's stupid.
    .........no it's not simple, I enjoy owning a "assault rifle" it's a great tool for home defense and fun to take to a shooting range so who here has the right to take away my rights ? there is no gun problem there is only people problems and if you are worried about mass killings you better outlaw fertilizer or various types of gas as well or we can cut down on mass killings like Boston, NY, CA., etc. we can stop allowing muslim people into our country.

Godfather.

With everyone of these incidents you just keep sounding more & more crazy you make no sense , so now you want all Muslims banned ? Ok how about the ones that are living here deport them ?

Tell us how will this get done are you willing to pay more in taxes to offset the cost of such an undertaking what are you willing to give up to see this come true ? ...

Godfather.

So you would have deported Muhammad Ali?
    excellent question. assuming this was posed to GF.
    I'm not of the opinion that clay was a great fighter or great anything expect for self promotion.
    what is your point ?

Godfather.

• Options
    pjhawks said:

pjalive21 said:

Godfather.

Godfather.

so your "rights" to own an assault weapon for home defense can't be taken away but feel free to take away the rights of at least 11 million muslims already here? you seriously don't see how ridiculous you sound?

your key word is muslims......how ridiculous do the killings in NY, FL, CA, and around the world sound ? or how about honor killings ? or their treatment of women ? or how about the age of consent for marriage ? do you think it's o.k for a 50 year old man to marry and have sex with a juvenile girl ?

Godfather.
  • Options
    DegeneratefkDegeneratefk Posts: 3,123

myoung321 said:

pjalive21 said:

Godfather.

Godfather.

I'm not of the opinion that clay was a great fighter or great anything expect for self promotion.
    what is your point ?

Godfather.

Btw, his name is Muhammad Ali.
    will myself to find a home, a home within myself
    we will find a way, we will find our place
  • Options

myoung321 said:

pjalive21 said:

Godfather.

Godfather.

what is your point ?

Godfather.

who gives a shit ?????

Godfather.

• Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    edited June 2016

myoung321 said:

pjalive21 said:

Godfather.

Godfather.

what is your point ?

Godfather.

Ali wasn't a great boxer? lol

#clueless

I've been reading a lot of posts on here lately and it's amazing how much time some people spend trolling
    Post edited by my2hands on
  • Options
    DegeneratefkDegeneratefk Posts: 3,123

myoung321 said:

pjalive21 said:

Godfather.

Godfather.

what is your point ?

Godfather.

who gives a shit ?????

Godfather.

The complete lack of respect you have for people that are different than you. It's sickening.
    will myself to find a home, a home within myself
    we will find a way, we will find our place
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,323
    Hey that's why he's the GODFATHER it's only his kind that matters to him ga ha ha Ali was not only the greatest boxer he was a giant of a human being more class on his pinky than what the GF has in his whole body ..
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    FreeFree Posts: 3,562
    brianlux said:

Ban assault weapons, implement background checks! Human lives deserve it!
  • Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    mcgruff10 said:

mrussel1 said:

mcgruff10 said:

mcgruff10 said:

mcgruff10 said:

Asking an honest question here. What is the purpose of owning an assault rifle? Not being sarcastic, just curious.

Well from my point-of-view...there's no purpose.

From the point-of-view of a gun-enthusiast...maybe for collecting? Or shooting targets...or something?
    I enter local competitions at my range but that's just me. I know a lot of people shoot hogs with them down south. I'm a collector of guns (big on WW2); pretty much have every u.s. infantry weapon from ww1 to today.

I'm big on back ground checks but I'm not a fan of any sort of ban. Let's you say you ban the ar-15, where does it stop? I look no further than the state I live in (new jersey).
    It starts with all military grade weapons being banned for civilian use. Period. Stop it where you want.
    Way to find some middle ground. Where the hell do military grade weapons stop? I m thinking everyone of my guns would be banned if you had your way.
    I'm fairly certain that all of your guns weren't designed for warfare only. Which is what most assault rifles were designed for. Common sense goes along way.
    Yeah the majority of my guns were military issued in ww2. My 9mm has a 15 round mag which is the caliber the military uses. And my ar 15.....yikes
    I'm a gun owner too, McGruff. My father was a collector and after he died, I took control. He was also a little crazy and after Korea, he thought Red Dawn was really coming. Your WWII weapons are collector weapons and I get why this would bother you. But I would have no issue with banning the sale of assault style rifles. I'm not saying we collect what's out there, but there has to be a line. Under the no limitation concept, why not own an M192 or M240B or a tank? There has to be a line somewhere.
    you give an inch they take a mile.
    You refuse to give an inch snd they take 50 lives.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:

mcgruff10 said:

Asking an honest question here. What is the purpose of owning an assault rifle? Not being sarcastic, just curious.

Well from my point-of-view...there's no purpose.

From the point-of-view of a gun-enthusiast...maybe for collecting? Or shooting targets...or something?
    I enter local competitions at my range but that's just me. I know a lot of people shoot hogs with them down south. I'm a collector of guns (big on WW2); pretty much have every u.s. infantry weapon from ww1 to today.

I'm big on back ground checks but I'm not a fan of any sort of ban. Let's you say you ban the ar-15, where does it stop? I look no further than the state I live in (new jersey).
    It starts with all military grade weapons being banned for civilian use. Period. Stop it where you want.
    Way to find some middle ground. Where the hell do military grade weapons stop? I m thinking everyone of my guns would be banned if you had your way.
    Surely you must realize that very few people care about your precious collection of deadly weapons when lives are being lost at such a sickening rate.
  • Options
    g under pg under p Surfing The far side of THE Sombrero Galaxy Posts: 18,126

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• Options

Hey that's why he's the GODFATHER it's only his kind that matters to him ga ha ha Ali was not only the greatest boxer he was a giant of a human being more class on his pinky than what the GF has in his whole body ..

good lord you are confused.....Rocky Marciano is the greatest fighter of all time, no loses and most fights ended in K.O, Mike Tyson was a better fighter than clay as well. and why don't you take a moment to tell me what or who is "my kind" I think you'd surprised to know whom I conceder a friend, my list is short but solid.

Godfather.

• Options
    g under pg under p Surfing The far side of THE Sombrero Galaxy Posts: 18,126
    Wow we have fallen to an all time low on A Moving Train....check that SOME here have certainly have done so. Unbelievable!

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• Options
    g under p said:

Peace

Love it.
    I grew up in gun culture and it sickens me, it is a pathetic, immature, masturbatory obsession and I say that with absolute conviction as someone who loves several gun strokers dearly.
    It's an infantile hobby that is centered around delusions of the glorification of violence, an instinctual desire for destruction, and the obvious phallic relation. It's worse than American infantile obsessions with cars or sports because it results in so many unnecessary deaths.
    I dont give a shit about collectors of ANYTHING (pj junk included), but gun collectors in particular mean nothing to me.
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,323

good lord you are confused.....Rocky Marciano is the greatest fighter of all time, no loses and most fights ended in K.O, Mike Tyson was a better fighter than clay as well. and why don't you take a moment to tell me what or who is "my kind" I think you'd surprised to know whom I conceder a friend, my list is short but solid.

Godfather.

Yeah ok ..
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    TWA Flight 847 from Athens to Rome is hijacked by Shiite Hezbollah terrorists who immediately demand to know the identity of ”those with Jewish-sounding names.” Two of the Lebanese terrorists, armed with grenades and a 9-mm. pistol, then forced the plane to landin Beirut, Lebanon.

Once on the ground, the hijackers called for passengers with Israeli passports, but there were none. Nor were there any diplomats on board. They then focused their attention on the several U.S. Navy construction divers aboard the plane. Soon after landing, the terrorists killed Navy diver Robert Stethem, and dumped his body on the runway.

TWA employee Uli Derickson was largely successful in protecting the few Jewish passengers aboard by refusing to identify them. Most of the passengers were released in the early hours of what turned out to be a 17-day ordeal, but five men were singled out and separated from the rest of the hostages. Of these five, only Richard Herzberg, an American, was Jewish.

During the next two weeks, Herzberg maintained to his attackers that he was a Lutheran of German and Greek ancestry. Along with the others, he was taken to a roach-infested holding cell somewhere in Beirut, where other Lebanese prisoners were being held. Fortunately, the TWA hostages were treated fairly well.

On June 30, after careful negotiations, the hostages were released unharmed. Since the terrorists were effectively outside the law’s reach in Lebanon, it appeared as though the terrorists would go free from punishment. Yet, Mohammed Ali Hammadi, who was wanted for his role in TWA Flight 847 attack, was arrested nearly two years later at the airport in Frankfurt, Germany, with explosives.

Within days of his arrest, two German citizens were kidnapped while in Lebanon in a successful attempt to discourage Germany from extraditing Hammadi to the United States for prosecution. Germany decided to try Hamadi instead, and he was convicted and sentenced to life in prison, the maximum penalty under German law. He was released on parole in 2005 after serving 19 years. Since then, the United States has unsuccessfully petitioned for his extradition from Lebanon. Despite unconfirmed reports that Hammadi was killed by a CIA drone in Pakistan in June 2010, he remains on the FBI’s Most Wanted Terrorists List along with his surviving accomplices
  • Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,609
    Disgrace
  • Options
    BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,570
    Here I fixed it for you since you seem to be completely incapable of posting the links to the articles you cut and paste on here.

A story taken from The Histort Channel about a hijacking on June 14, 1985....

http://www.history.com/this-day-in-history/twa-flight-847-is-hijacked-by-terrorists/print

TWA Flight 847 from Athens to Rome is hijacked by Shiite Hezbollah terrorists who immediately demand to know the identity of ”those with Jewish-sounding names.” Two of the Lebanese terrorists, armed with grenades and a 9-mm. pistol, then forced the plane to landin Beirut, Lebanon.

Once on the ground, the hijackers called for passengers with Israeli passports, but there were none. Nor were there any diplomats on board. They then focused their attention on the several U.S. Navy construction divers aboard the plane. Soon after landing, the terrorists killed Navy diver Robert Stethem, and dumped his body on the runway.

TWA employee Uli Derickson was largely successful in protecting the few Jewish passengers aboard by refusing to identify them. Most of the passengers were released in the early hours of what turned out to be a 17-day ordeal, but five men were singled out and separated from the rest of the hostages. Of these five, only Richard Herzberg, an American, was Jewish.

During the next two weeks, Herzberg maintained to his attackers that he was a Lutheran of German and Greek ancestry. Along with the others, he was taken to a roach-infested holding cell somewhere in Beirut, where other Lebanese prisoners were being held. Fortunately, the TWA hostages were treated fairly well.

On June 30, after careful negotiations, the hostages were released unharmed. Since the terrorists were effectively outside the law’s reach in Lebanon, it appeared as though the terrorists would go free from punishment. Yet, Mohammed Ali Hammadi, who was wanted for his role in TWA Flight 847 attack, was arrested nearly two years later at the airport in Frankfurt, Germany, with explosives.

Within days of his arrest, two German citizens were kidnapped while in Lebanon in a successful attempt to discourage Germany from extraditing Hammadi to the United States for prosecution. Germany decided to try Hamadi instead, and he was convicted and sentenced to life in prison, the maximum penalty under German law. He was released on parole in 2005 after serving 19 years. Since then, the United States has unsuccessfully petitioned for his extradition from Lebanon. Despite unconfirmed reports that Hammadi was killed by a CIA drone in Pakistan in June 2010, he remains on the FBI’s Most Wanted Terrorists List along with his surviving accomplices

• Options
    Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,748

You have to start using periods between your sentences, man. Your posts are unreadable.
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options

mcgruff10 said:

Instead of rushing to ban guns, can we talk about the fact that the father of the shooter was a god damn Taliban supporter?

Every single fucking time it has to be something besides the gun. There is a common demoniator in every one of these massacres.
    Ding ding ding
    Yep. A gun that can fire even just 20 rounds in a minute shouldn't be possessed by civilians. For any reason. If you like target practice or whatever...too bad. A few bad apples have spoiled the bunch.
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:

mcgruff10 said:

Instead of rushing to ban guns, can we talk about the fact that the father of the shooter was a god damn Taliban supporter?

Every single fucking time it has to be something besides the gun. There is a common demoniator in every one of these massacres.
    Let me preface by saying I voted for Obama twice and am a huge supporter of his, but why have so many of these massacres happened under his presidency?
    Not only that, race-relations seemed to take a step back too. Not to say there hasn't always been police prejudice against blacks. But there seems to have been a lot of incidents of it under Obama.

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
  • Options

myoung321 said:

pjalive21 said:

Godfather.

Godfather.

what is your point ?

Godfather.

I think Ali was a total douche. But to say you're "not of the opinion that clay was a great fighter" is first off, such a pretentious way to put it, and secondly, just moronic.

Ledbetterman10

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,991
    So now it turns out the shooter was a homosexual that frequented that bar? Crazy stuff....

Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options

myoung321 said:

pjalive21 said:

Godfather.

Godfather.

what is your point ?

Godfather.

I think Ali was a total douche. But to say you're "not of the opinion that clay was a great fighter" is first off, such a pretentious way to put it, and secondly, just moronic.

Ledbetterman10
    I love it when little men puff out their chest, reminds me grade school.....

Godfather.

• Options

Here I fixed it for you since you seem to be completely incapable of posting the links to the articles you cut and paste on here.

A story taken from The Histort Channel about a hijacking on June 14, 1985....

http://www.history.com/this-day-in-history/twa-flight-847-is-hijacked-by-terrorists/print

thanks Bently, yes way back then and nobody even looked twice. the problem is older than we seem to think or even want to know.

Godfather.
  • Options
    edited June 2016

myoung321 said:

pjalive21 said:

Godfather.

Godfather.

what is your point ?

Godfather.

Ledbetterman10
    I love it when little men puff out their chest, reminds me grade school.....

Godfather.

How on earth could this be interpreted as me "puffing out my chest?" You made an moronic comment on a message board, and I called it moronic. And I'm not even bothering to debate you over all the narrow-minded racist rhetoric you're spewing in this thread. I'm just like "Dude, how can you say Muhammad Ali wasn't a great boxer? Come on..."

Ledbetterman10

Pearl Jam bootlegs: