Options

Trump

Comments

• Options
    Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,674
    Trump down 11 to Clinton in the polls, and down 17 to Sanders. How bad of a beat down would it be with a Clinton-Sanders ticket? Please have Trump get nominated, please!
  • Options
    RoleModelsinBlood31RoleModelsinBlood31 Austin TX Posts: 6,150
    http://www.theamericanconservative.com/articles/should-donald-trump-have-first-amendment-rights/

Good reading. Seems way more legit than the far fetched accusations that have been said about trump. Not voting for him but he's getting a bad rap, and it reeks of leftist fear to me.
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
  • Options
    gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,181

http://www.theamericanconservative.com/articles/should-donald-trump-have-first-amendment-rights/

Good reading. Seems way more legit than the far fetched accusations that have been said about trump. Not voting for him but he's getting a bad rap, and it reeks of leftist fear to me.

how exactly is trump getting a bad rap?

because people are using facts to counter what he says?
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • Options

No because most people get their info from the Internet which is not necessarily the truth. People can say or write whatever they want, and all sources have an agenda. Whether you agree or not, we have to understand that that agenda doesn't always portray the truth.

Did you read the article? It's written by a guy who isn't a trump supporter.

The dude (trump) said we need to stop letting Muslims into the us until we figure out what is going on. It's been blown up to be that he hates Muslims, when psycho Cruz said he wants police patrol in Muslim neighborhoods?! That's worse!

The dude (trump) said we need to build a wall. Not that he would deport millions of illegals, and he said that that there would be a door (figuratively) which would allow proper legal entrance, not that we wouldn't let anyone in.

The dude has totally said a lot of stuff he shouldn't have said and I'm sure he regrets it, especially that protestors in the old days would have gotten punched in the face, but the left is creating all the hate and kkk imagery and that stuff.

Again I'm not a fan of his but I'm just saying that the hate train isn't coming from him, it's coming from his opponents.
  • Options
    gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,181

No because most people get their info from the Internet which is not necessarily the truth. People can say or write whatever they want, and all sources have an agenda. Whether you agree or not, we have to understand that that agenda doesn't always portray the truth.

The dude (trump) said we need to stop letting Muslims into the us until we figure out what is going on. It's been blown up to be that he hates Muslims, when psycho Cruz said he wants police patrol in Muslim neighborhoods?! That's worse!

The dude (trump) said we need to build a wall. Not that he would deport millions of illegals, and he said that that there would be a door (figuratively) which would allow proper legal entrance, not that we wouldn't let anyone in.

The dude has totally said a lot of stuff he shouldn't have said and I'm sure he regrets it, especially that protestors in the old days would have gotten punched in the face, but the left is creating all the hate and kkk imagery and that stuff.

Again I'm not a fan of his but I'm just saying that the hate train isn't coming from him, it's coming from his opponents.
    except that trump DID say that, and the only people that support keeping out an entire category of people are doing it from a side of racism. he hates muslims. he said what he said specifically to appeal to people who hate muslimes. if he didn't he would have said something else.

except that trump DID say he wants to deport millions of illegals. multiple times.

trump regrets nothing. he is a narcissist of the highest order, people with that disorder are incapable of admitting mistakes.

david duke endorsed trump. trump said he did not know who david duke was. then there was video tape of him talking about david duke from the late 90s stating that he knows him. that is a lie that he was caught in. it was not something created by the media.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • Options

except that trump DID say that, and the only people that support keeping out an entire category of people are doing it from a side of racism. he hates muslims. he said what he said specifically to appeal to people who hate muslimes. if he didn't he would have said something else.

except that trump DID say he wants to deport millions of illegals. multiple times.

trump regrets nothing. he is a narcissist of the highest order, people with that disorder are incapable of admitting mistakes.

david duke endorsed trump. trump said he did not know who david duke was. then there was video tape of him talking about david duke from the late 90s stating that he knows him. that is a lie that he was caught in. it was not something created by the media.
    I looked it up, you're right about the deportation thing, looks he has a plan he's been working on or something. The lies don't bother me though, that's every politician running except my man sanders. The racism thing though isn't legit, I just don't buy it- it's an easy answer to call racist. To me he's hard and about national security, if it makes certain people feel ostracized that's not cool but life's not fair, everyone has challenges and needs to prove themselves. The Muslims will just have to step up and try to assimilate better here so there's no question.

I guess I just think the reaction is worse than the action in his case, and it's only making us all more divided
  • Options
    what dreamswhat dreams Posts: 1,761
    ^^^ I'm sorry, I just had Easter dinner with three Trump supporters who said multiple times with enthusiasm that if Trump doesn't win, there will be blood in the streets.

Now, Trump did not say that. The people voting for him did. I will grant that distinction. But please tell me what other candidate in the entire US history has engendered this kind of following?
  • Options
    ^^^
    The biggest bankrollers up until now have threatened that to each other in the cigar room.
    Now we have a candidate saying stuff out loud - which btw he did not say blood in the streets. He said there will probably be riots. That doesn't mean there will be millions of people rioting. There will probably be as many as if sanders or Clinton wins.
  • Options
    what dreamswhat dreams Posts: 1,761

^^^
    The biggest bankrollers up until now have threatened that to each other in the cigar room.
    Now we have a candidate saying stuff out loud - which btw he did not say blood in the streets. He said there will probably be riots. That doesn't mean there will be millions of people rioting. There will probably be as many as if sanders or Clinton wins.

Ffs, do you even read what you respond to? Please find where I attributed "blood in the streets" to Trump. See? I didn't. I made the distinction between Trump and his supporters. And yes, logic has it that if Trump doesn't win, Clinton (or Bernie) will. Hence the riot in the street.

I'm done. Good night.
  • Options

^^^

Ffs, do you even read what you respond to? Please find where I attributed "blood in the streets" to Trump. See? I didn't. I made the distinction between Trump and his supporters. And yes, logic has it that if Trump doesn't win, Clinton (or Bernie) will. Hence the riot in the street.

I'm done. Good night.
    I was agreeing and making the same distinction while giving my rebuttal.

Do you mean if Trump doesn't win the nomination or POTUS?
    Because he only has said thus far that if he doesn't get the nod, there will probably be riots.
    Cruz, I agree - that's another ball game and you all should have a right to be scared if he wins.
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,761
    edited March 2016
    This is interesting!

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/politics/trump-strategist-disavows-support-scathing-column-article-1.2580370

Former Trump strategist disavows support for GOP front-runner in scathing tell-all column — 'Trump never intended to be the candidate, but his pride is too out of control to stop him now’

A former strategist for a pro-Donald Trump Super PAC claimed in a shocking column that even the GOP front-runner himself was surprised at his electoral success and never had any real intention of being President.

In a blunt essay published Monday on the XOJane blog, Stephanie Cegielski said Trump had simply aimed to position himself as a "protest" candidate and was grossly unprepared to become commander-in-chief.

"I don't think even Trump thought he would get this far. And I don't even know that he wanted to, which is perhaps the scariest prospect of all," wrote Cegielski, former communications director for the Trump-aligned "Make America Great Again" Super PAC.

Cegieslki went on to say she’s convinced Trump “doesn’t want the White House.”

"He certainly was never prepared or equipped to go all the way to the White House, but his ego has now taken over the driver's seat, and nothing else matters," added Cegielski in her column published five months after the "Make America Great Again" PAC was shuttered.

“She knows nothing about Mr. Trump or the campaign and her disingenuous and factually inaccurate statements in no way resemble any shred of truth,” a spokeswoman said. “This is yet another desperate person looking for their fifteen minutes.”

In her column, Cegielski said she "fell in love" with Trump's candidacy in 2015 due to his straight-talking, no-nonsense style and his "business background" and was recruited for the high-profile communications job shortly thereafter.

But she was dissuaded by the temperamental titan's repeated foreign policy gaffes, writing that the last straw was Trump's tweet following the terror attack Sunday in Lahore, Pakistan that left at least 72 people dead.
    Post edited by brianlux on
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    Godfather.Godfather. Posts: 12,504
    anybody but Hellary !

Godfather.
  • Options
    callencallen Posts: 6,388

anybody but Hellary !

Godfather.

Anybody but Cruz.
    10-18-2000 Houston, 04-06-2003 Houston, 6-25-2003 Toronto, 10-8-2004 Kissimmee, 9-4-2005 Calgary, 12-3-05 Sao Paulo, 7-2-2006 Denver, 7-22-06 Gorge, 7-23-2006 Gorge, 9-13-2006 Bern, 6-22-2008 DC, 6-24-2008 MSG, 6-25-2008 MSG
  • Options
    if saunders won I would not be disappointed, Trump has done what I want him to do and that is shake up the political field and if he wins it's a bonus.

Godfather.
  • Options
    benjsbenjs Toronto, ON Posts: 8,941

if saunders won I would not be disappointed, Trump has done what I want him to do and that is shake up the political field and if he wins it's a bonus.

Godfather.

Godfather, I'm surprised to hear that you'd be okay with Sanders! I mean this respectfully, but I didn't think your political/social/economic views were even close to aligned with his. It's nice to agree with you :)

As far as Trump goes - I'm all for disruptions, but turning the presidential election race into a slanderous and derogatory place to voice xenophobic remarks or hurl insults at each others' wives, is frankly sad. This is a position holding such reverence and prestige, and these men are acting like the cast of Jersey Shore. It's nice to see Hilary and Bernie, for the most part, treating this race and each other with respect.
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • Options
    callencallen Posts: 6,388

Godfather.

Very much also appreciate some of the much needed messages from trump. Think he will in the end make this country better by breaking down taboo subjects. And would prefer him to Cruz. Be a fkn radical four years for sure.
    10-18-2000 Houston, 04-06-2003 Houston, 6-25-2003 Toronto, 10-8-2004 Kissimmee, 9-4-2005 Calgary, 12-3-05 Sao Paulo, 7-2-2006 Denver, 7-22-06 Gorge, 7-23-2006 Gorge, 9-13-2006 Bern, 6-22-2008 DC, 6-24-2008 MSG, 6-25-2008 MSG
  • Options
    benjs said:

Godfather.

Godfather, I'm surprised to hear that you'd be okay with Sanders! I mean this respectfully, but I didn't think your political/social/economic views were even close to aligned with his. It's nice to agree with you :)

As far as Trump goes - I'm all for disruptions, but turning the presidential election race into a slanderous and derogatory place to voice xenophobic remarks or hurl insults at each others' wives, is frankly sad. This is a position holding such reverence and prestige, and these men are acting like the cast of Jersey Shore. It's nice to see Hilary and Bernie, for the most part, treating this race and each other with respect.
    They've been talking wives in politics since the 1800's. Nothing changes I guess.

http://nypost.com/2016/03/27/the-ugly-history-of-smearing-presidential-candidates-wives/
  • Options
    chadwickchadwick up my ass Posts: 21,157
    cruz is a fucking zero
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Options
    benjs said:

Godfather.

Sanders is not a bad Candidate, his tax plan is really no different that the rest..it just depends how you want to pay it out or how you keep your money.

Godfather.

• Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,604
    AC360 did a solid last night.
  • Options
    I'll just leave this here...

“The problem is we have the Geneva Conventions, all sorts of rules and regulations, so the soldiers are afraid to fight”
  • Options
    g under pg under p Surfing The far side of THE Sombrero Galaxy Posts: 18,125

“The problem is we have the Geneva Conventions, all sorts of rules and regulations, so the soldiers are afraid to fight”

Wait I've been working a lot lately......please tell me Trump did not say that. If he did hard to believe they're folks out there who wants this man to be the leader of this country.

Peace

*We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• Options
    g under p said:

Wait I've been working a lot lately......please tell me Trump did not say that. If he did hard to believe they're folks out there who wants this man to be the leader of this country.

Peace

http://www.politico.com/blogs/2016-gop-primary-live-updates-and-results/2016/03/donald-trump-geneva-conventions-221394
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,989
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options
    EnkiduEnkidu So Cal Posts: 2,996
    I saw on the news this morning how Trump really really needs to get women to vote for him.

Then this comes out. "Punishment?" Sheesh.
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,989
    His interviews are so stupid I can't stand it. The journalists are starting to laugh at him to his face...it's unreal.

His mantra of " the US isn't winning, we don't get good deals" just gets repeated over and over and over.
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    Anderson Cooper called him out on his childlike behavior in the wife trashing fiasco, Trump's reply: "I didn't start it"

Cooper lit him up, said it was the argument of a 5 year old (it truly is) and Trump had nothing but "no it isn't" to respond with.
    What a fucking joke, any student on a high school debate team could outwit this dimbulb.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options
    ^^
    All the grown adult voters can't beat this child yet.
    Trump vs Hilary, wow.
This discussion has been closed.