Trump

Comments

• rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    JimmyV said:

PJ_Soul said:

Anyone else wondering if Trump is paying or otherwise bribing some of these people for their endorsements? I kind of just assume he is....

Paying no but otherwise bribing yes. Pretty sure he is making quid pro quo agreements with endorsers for positions in a Trump administration.
    Ben Carson admitted he gave the endorsement after he was offered a position in Trump's administration, which is technically against the law.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • JimmyVJimmyV Posts: 19,123
    rgambs said:

JimmyV said:

PJ_Soul said:

Anyone else wondering if Trump is paying or otherwise bribing some of these people for their endorsements? I kind of just assume he is....

Paying no but otherwise bribing yes. Pretty sure he is making quid pro quo agreements with endorsers for positions in a Trump administration.
    Ben Carson admitted he gave the endorsement after he was offered a position in Trump's administration, which is technically against the law.
    Technically against the law but not uncommon practice. What is uncommon is that people who have been brutalized by Trump in the debates and on Twitter are willing to accept such deals. Honestly says more about Christie and Carson than it does Trump.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    JimmyV said:

rgambs said:

JimmyV said:

PJ_Soul said:

Technically against the law but not uncommon practice. What is uncommon is that people who have been brutalized by Trump in the debates and on Twitter are willing to accept such deals. Honestly says more about Christie and Carson than it does Trump.
    Absolutely agree, and it also showcases, yet again, Ben Carson's absolutely abysmal knowledge of government in general that he would say that out loud. It makes him look like a spineless fool.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 40,076
    JimmyV said:

PJ_Soul said:

Happens on the liberal side too. That's politics as usual. As for a Rolex? I know "gifts" are given. I remember hearing about Bush Sr. receiving a hunting rifle.
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Posts: 49,885
    edited March 2016
    JimmyV said:

rgambs said:

JimmyV said:

PJ_Soul said:

Which is actually why I think there might be actual money involved too. Well, not with Carson. He's fuckin' nuts. He probably would have done it for a free Pez dispenser .... But Christie... everyone has a price (well, most), and I wonder if Trump found his. He is generally a pretty reasonable man, so that he's endorsing Trump is beyond fishy to me.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • ckravitzckravitz Posts: 1,668
    As has been speculated elsewhere my guess is that Christie has been promised Attorney General.
  • ckravitz said:

As has been speculated elsewhere my guess is that Christie has been promised Attorney General.

By who though?
    Do you think someone promised that in exchange for support of Trump?

ckravitz said:

By who though?
    I assume he meant that Trump promised it in exchange for support. That is what the whole conversation is about.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • PJ_Soul said:

ckravitz said:

By who though?
    I assume he meant that Trump promised it in exchange for support. That is what the whole conversation is about.
    How can Trump make a deal like that when he doesn't even have it to give?
    edited March 2016

PJ_Soul said:

ckravitz said:

By who though?
    SMH. The entire point is that he promises them all kinds of shit for when he wins the election. If he doesn't win, then obviously nothing happens. This is standard operating procedure, really. Come on.... are you just faking that you don't get what we're talking about?
  • PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

ckravitz said:

By who though?
    SMH. The entire point is that he promises them all kinds of shit for when he wins the election. If he doesn't win, then obviously nothing happens. This is standard operating procedure, really. Come on.... are you just faking that you don't get what we're talking about?
    Usually deals like that are a bit more solid than a premise of "If I win"
    PJ_Soul said:

ckravitz said:

By who though?
    Yes, this. PJfan, do you really think this doesn't go on? Trump promises Christie AG in return for his support.
  • ckravitz said:

PJ_Soul said:

ckravitz said:

By who though?
    Yes, this. PJfan, do you really think this doesn't go on? Trump promises Christie AG in return for his support.
    Yes I know sidedoor deals go on but isn't AG a heavily vetted designation?

PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

ckravitz said:

By who though?
    Usually deals like that are a bit more solid than a premise of "If I win"
    Not in politics they aren't. When you're talking about buying political endorsements during a campaign this is the only option.
    “I mean, I think there would certainly be something within the Justice Department for him,” the 38-year-old Trump Jr. added, unprompted.

That doesn't leave a huge leap....

dailycaller.com/2016/02/28/trump-jr-floats-possibility-of-chris-christie-as-attorney-general-video/
  • JC29856JC29856 Posts: 9,617
    Congrats Teflon Don backers! The only thing that can stop him now is death.
  • dignindignin Posts: 9,331
    JC29856 said:

Well that, the GOP and Clinton.
    dignin said:

JC29856 said:

Well that, the GOP and Clinton.
    I meant the Rep nomination...would be great if he said Marco stay in I'll let you and TrusTed add your votes together just to make it interesting.
    Hey what's that greasy prick Carl Rove been up to...be interesting when he starts pulling the trump strings
  • Godfather.Godfather. Posts: 12,504
    giving in to the assumed winner seems a little comical to me, everybody see's what's happening so now mud slinging will sink to a whole new low ...ya gotta love these people and their lack of self respect and tattered morals, yes Politian's are a special group !

Godfather.
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,165
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • eddieceddiec Posts: 3,859
    edited March 2016
    Check out the comments Daly is getting.

• what dreamswhat dreams Posts: 1,761
    rgambs said:

JimmyV said:

PJ_Soul said:

Surgeon General? Now that's a position he's qualified for.
  • mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 37,737
    Saw a meme(pictures) with Trumps campaign hat. If its the same hat(I cant say one way or the other) it was made in china.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • mickeyrat said:

Saw a meme(pictures) with Trumps campaign hat. If its the same hat(I cant say one way or the other) it was made in china.

So what?
    Just because it is made in china doesn't make it noteworthy.

mickeyrat said:

So what?
    If the candidate claiming he will bring ALL the jobs back to the US cant even sell his campaign hat using american made goods just what the fuck do you think that is? A goddamn hypocrite con artist.

His ebtire clothing line/label is made overseas.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • mickeyrat said:

mickeyrat said:

So what?
    If the candidate claiming he will bring ALL the jobs back to the US cant even sell his campaign hat using american made goods just what the fuck do you think that is? A goddamn hypocrite con artist.

This is why he is pissed off.
    I don't blame him that he is pissed that his hats would cost him more to make in USA.
    He wants to bring jobs back to America and he will do it.

mickeyrat said:

mickeyrat said:

So what?

This is why he is pissed off.
    I don't blame him that he is pissed that his hats would cost him more to make in USA.
    He wants to bring jobs back to America and he will do it.
    As what a dictator? Billionaire getting a BILLION dollars worth of air time FREE can afford to have hats made here. DOES NOT GIVE A FUCK is why he doesnt.

This discussion has been closed.