Options

Trump

Comments

• Options
    gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,189

^^^
    The fact that Triumph, The Insult Comic Dog is to be given credibility for any skit he produces is funny. It is akin to Jaywalking when Jay Leno talks to Americans and asks them common sense questions in which they fail miserably to answer.
    The skit was funny and the people were real right? Does this mean we are to believe that all Americans portrayed on Jaywalking are as moronic as those interviewed?
    It was produced for TV comical ratings, it's what Triumph does.
    It was a very funny skit though just not representative of all Trump supporters.

triumph is doing this for his online election special streaming on hulu. no ratings on that program.

but i get what you are saying. jay leno takes the stupidest responses he can get and put them on his program for ratings. the questions were easy enough that anybody even remotely conscious and paying attention should get the answers right. triumph took a focus group of people and put them into a room and asked them if they agree with bogus commercials. he was doing it to expose them for how callus and racist they are. and those people ate up the ads. did you see how excited they got when they thought trump actually called them on the phone? would they really have agreed to do a testimonial if they did not agree with the messaging in the commercials?
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • Options
    gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,189
    brianlux said:

brianlux said:

^^^
    This video is hilarious.
    It's also hilarious because you think the supporters portrayed are as real as the video.

um, those ARE real trump supporters. they are from ohio and were brought in as part of a focus group to have them review new potential campaign ads.
    I hate to say it, but they seemed very real to me. Too real. Watching the video, I actually feel sorry for a few of these people. I felt like maybe they had been cheated out of a decent education, that they might be otherwise good people who are just clueless because they were never taught any kind of critical thinking or good judgement skills. Sad, really.
    i don't feel sorry for them at all. they are a product of single source news, ie, fox news network. they should be embarrassed.
    Well, in some ways yes, I hear you. The thing is, they don't strike me as particularly intelligent people but even so, if they had been taught some critical thinking skills I would hope they wouldn't make such idiotic remarks and be so horribly gullible. Maybe I'm being to idealist and perhaps I give to much credence to the power of education. But how else can we explain someone like Trump getting as far as he has in American politics? Something is serious wrong (i.e., fucked up) with this country.
    trump loves the poorly educated, remember? he has even said so from the podium.

trump has tapped into white anger that has always been present but has been under the surface these last 8 years. trump has said that we were in post racial america, yet his supporters are bringing their hatred to the mainstream. unfortunately i believe that even if trump loses, this is going to be the new normal. especially if the dems control the entire government.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,797
    lukin2006 said:

brianlux said:

brianlux said:

^^^
    This video is hilarious.
    It's also hilarious because you think the supporters portrayed are as real as the video.

um, those ARE real trump supporters. they are from ohio and were brought in as part of a focus group to have them review new potential campaign ads.
    I hate to say it, but they seemed very real to me. Too real. Watching the video, I actually feel sorry for a few of these people. I felt like maybe they had been cheated out of a decent education, that they might be otherwise good people who are just clueless because they were never taught any kind of critical thinking or good judgement skills. Sad, really.
    i don't feel sorry for them at all. they are a product of single source news, ie, fox news network. they should be embarrassed.
    Well, in some ways yes, I hear you. The thing is, they don't strike me as particularly intelligent people but even so, if they had been taught some critical thinking skills I would hope they wouldn't make such idiotic remarks and be so horribly gullible. Maybe I'm being to idealist and perhaps I give to much credence to the power of education. But how else can we explain someone like Trump getting as far as he has in American politics? Something is serious wrong (i.e., fucked up) with this country.
    And who's been in charge of the education system for the vast majority of the US population, government ... which is always democrat or republican...not so sure anyone party is to blame, the democrats benefit from poorly educated, just as the republicans do ... both parties benefit from indoctrination, your countries as mine does benefits from indoctrination ... I would say its easier to indoctrinate the poorly educated and lets not kid ourselves our governments benefit by indoctrinating enough people.
    In the long run I can see validity to your argument. Otherwise how would be explain the worker-bee training character that is our educational system. Never-the-less, if I'm correct, democrats tend to more more strongly for education reform. But obviously even so, that has not been enough to pull our educational system out of the meat grinder.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options

brianlux said:

brianlux said:

^^^
    This video is hilarious.

trump has tapped into white anger that has always been present but has been under the surface these last 8 years. trump has said that we were in post racial america, yet his supporters are bringing their hatred to the mainstream. unfortunately i believe that even if trump loses, this is going to be the new normal. especially if the dems control the entire government.
    Absolutely. Trump is very pro worker-bee training. Who knows what he would be doing had he not been born with a solver spoon up his... I mean, in his mouth.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

• Options
    brianlux said:

brianlux said:

brianlux said:

^^^
    This video is hilarious.

Absolutely. Trump is very pro worker-bee training. Who knows what he would be doing had he not been born with a solver spoon up his... I mean, in his mouth.
    He has a knack for his ways of solving things.
  • Options

brianlux said:

brianlux said:

brianlux said:

^^^
    This video is hilarious.

He has a knack for his ways of solving things.
    :lol: So much for my editing skills. image

• Options
    InHiding80InHiding80 Upland,CA Posts: 7,623

^^^
    The fact that Triumph, The Insult Comic Dog is to be given credibility for any skit he produces is funny. It is akin to Jaywalking when Jay Leno talks to Americans and asks them common sense questions in which they fail miserably to answer.
    The skit was funny and the people were real right? Does this mean we are to believe that all Americans portrayed on Jaywalking are as moronic as those interviewed?
    It was produced for TV comical ratings, it's what Triumph does.
    It was a very funny skit though just not representative of all Trump supporters.

triumph is doing this for his online election special streaming on hulu. no ratings on that program.

but i get what you are saying. jay leno takes the stupidest responses he can get and put them on his program for ratings. the questions were easy enough that anybody even remotely conscious and paying attention should get the answers right. triumph took a focus group of people and put them into a room and asked them if they agree with bogus commercials. he was doing it to expose them for how callus and racist they are. and those people ate up the ads. did you see how excited they got when they thought trump actually called them on the phone? would they really have agreed to do a testimonial if they did not agree with the messaging in the commercials?
    Ironically, Jay Leno is more loved by the GOP voters than Colbert/Letterman and Conan. Says a lot, doesn't it?
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    Guys like that have a problem with their own size... if you know what I mean.

"Bullies for Trump". There you go.

• Options
    InHiding80InHiding80 Upland,CA Posts: 7,623
    brianlux said:

Guys like that have a problem with their own size... if you know what I mean.

"Bullies for Trump". There you go.
    http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=2hoHds88Slk
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 18,018
    http://www.rawstory.com/2016/08/ivanka-trump-is-sight-seeing-in-croatia-with-bff-vladimir-putins-girlfriend/

Crazy...so now the Russian ties to Manafort are all over the place and this pops up.

And now I'm reading new accusations from the Trump campaign about Clinton's ties to Russia.

Trump is like the Hindenburg.
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,720

http://www.rawstory.com/2016/08/ivanka-trump-is-sight-seeing-in-croatia-with-bff-vladimir-putins-girlfriend/

Crazy...so now the Russian ties to Manafort are all over the place and this pops up.

And now I'm reading new accusations from the Trump campaign about Clinton's ties to Russia.

Trump is like the Hindenburg.

And throw this into the mix... http://www.nytimes.com/2016/08/15/us/politics/paul-manafort-ukraine-donald-trump.html?hp&action=click&pgtype=Homepage&clickSource=story-heading&module=first-column-region&region=top-news&WT.nav=top-news&_r=0
  • Options
    http://www.politico.com/story/2016/08/trump-connecticut-why-is-he-campaigning-there-226959
    Donald Trump’s poll numbers are faltering in deep-red states from South Carolina to Georgia, his organization is a mess in perhaps the most important county in Ohio, and he admits that he has a “tremendous problem” in Utah, which hasn’t gone Democratic since 1964.
    And yet, on Saturday, Trump is hosting a rally in Fairfield County, Conn., a county that Mitt Romney lost to Barack Obama by 11 percentage points, in a state that hasn’t voted Republican since 1988.

It’s a move that is flummoxing and infuriating Republicans who believe Trump should be spending time and resources in winnable states, not in a place that few consider to be competitive.
    “At this point, Florida looks in trouble, North Carolina looks in trouble, they don’t even know who their people are in Ohio,” said Charlie Harper, a prominent conservative writer who runs a think tank in Georgia, where Trump is sliding in the polls. “He can go have lunch in Connecticut and be home for supper, but the map is changing rapidly in the opposite direction. Hillary Clinton is not going to move in to defend Connecticut just because Trump went there.”
    It’s unlikely she’ll need to, given the strong Democratic bent of the state, which has a Democratic governor, an entirely Democratic congressional delegation and voted for Obama by 18 percentage points in 2012. Former GOP Rep. Chris Shays of Connecticut has also recently endorsed her over Trump.
    The Trump campaign couldn't be more fucked up if you tried to fuck it up.

2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • Options
    Halifax2TheMaxHalifax2TheMax Posts: 36,717
    Wonder what the average education attainment level in Connecticut is?
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
    brianlux said:

lukin2006 said:

brianlux said:

brianlux said:

^^^
    This video is hilarious.

And who's been in charge of the education system for the vast majority of the US population, government ... which is always democrat or republican...not so sure anyone party is to blame, the democrats benefit from poorly educated, just as the republicans do ... both parties benefit from indoctrination, your countries as mine does benefits from indoctrination ... I would say its easier to indoctrinate the poorly educated and lets not kid ourselves our governments benefit by indoctrinating enough people.
    In the long run I can see validity to your argument. Otherwise how would be explain the worker-bee training character that is our educational system. Never-the-less, if I'm correct, democrats tend to more more strongly for education reform. But obviously even so, that has not been enough to pull our educational system out of the meat grinder.
    Let me know how that's working out with the dems being more progressive towards the education system...
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
  • Options
    lukin2006 said:

brianlux said:

lukin2006 said:

brianlux said:

brianlux said:

^^^
    This video is hilarious.

Let me know how that's working out with the dems being more progressive towards the education system...
    Democrats are in a catch 22 on education because of the teacher's unions.

I would personally like two things to happen:

1. Allow performance based reporting for teachers (lose the under performers)
    2. Substantially increase the funding for teachers' salaries so we get better, more committed teachers.
  • Options
    lukin2006 said:

brianlux said:

lukin2006 said:

brianlux said:

brianlux said:

^^^
    This video is hilarious.

Sadly, it's not. US education still in worker-bee training mode. One of my cousins kids went to an alternative live-in high school that integrates life skills and creativity with the studious aspects of education. A true integrated curriculum. I visited her school several years ago and it gave me an idea of what truly great education could be like and also made it very evident to me how twisted and messed up our system is. I worked in schools in three counties in California and in two districts in Washington State- it's the same bullshit everywhere.

• Options
    edited August 2016
    brianlux said:

lukin2006 said:

brianlux said:

lukin2006 said:

brianlux said:

brianlux said:

^^^
    This video is hilarious.

Sadly, it's not. US education still in worker-bee training mode. One of my cousins kids went to an alternative live-in high school that integrates life skills and creativity with the studious aspects of education. A true integrated curriculum. I visited her school several years ago and it gave me an idea of what truly great education could be like and also made it very evident to me how twisted and messed up our system is. I worked in schools in three counties in California and in two districts in Washington State- it's the same bullshit everywhere.
    To paraphrase George Catlin "they want us just educated enough to push the papers and operate the machines, not sitting around the kitchen table realizing how we are getting screwed over"
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

• Options
    lukin2006 said:

brianlux said:

lukin2006 said:

brianlux said:

lukin2006 said:

brianlux said:

brianlux said:

^^^
    This video is hilarious.

To paraphrase George Catlin "they want us just educated enough to push the papers and operate the machines, not sitting around the kitchen table realizing how we are getting screwed over"
    Exactly!

• Options
    FreeFree Posts: 3,562
    lukin2006 said:

brianlux said:

lukin2006 said:

brianlux said:

lukin2006 said:

brianlux said:

brianlux said:

^^^
    This video is hilarious.

Couldn't be said any better.
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    mrussel1 said:

lukin2006 said:

brianlux said:

lukin2006 said:

brianlux said:

brianlux said:

^^^
    This video is hilarious.

2. Substantially increase the funding for teachers' salaries so we get better, more committed teachers.
    Our teachers here in Ontario are probably the highest paid in Canada and not far off world wide, many of the same complaints I here from your system is the same complaints I here from parents, teachers...so high pay had not necessarily translated to better education...but I definitely agree better pay should translate in to better grades...even better grades are not necessarily the problem, more the idea of social promotion is more of a problem.
    Post edited by lukin2006 on

• Options
    lukin2006 said:

mrussel1 said:

lukin2006 said:

brianlux said:

lukin2006 said:

brianlux said:

brianlux said:

^^^
    This video is hilarious.

Our teachers here in Ontario are probably the highest paid in Canada and not far off world wide, many of the same complaints I here from your system is the same complaints I here from parents, teachers...so high pay had not necessarily translated to better education...but I definitely agree better pay should translate in to better grades...even better grades are not necessarily the problem, more the idea of social promotion is more of a problem.
    Better pay plus performance standards. Do you have both pieces?
  • Options

• Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,682
    mrussel1 said:

lukin2006 said:

mrussel1 said:

lukin2006 said:

brianlux said:

lukin2006 said:

brianlux said:

brianlux said:

^^^
    This video is hilarious.

No they don't. Plus that "high pay" is relative. Still isn't that high for most teachers in Ontario, considering that teachers now need Masters degrees to get teaching jobs (or move to butt fuck nowhere), plus PDP. There is a higher range, but if you look into it, those numbers are always presented to make it seem like most teachers are being paid more than they generally are. I think that teachers' starting salaries should be around $70,000 CAD, and go up from there, given the high cost of living in Canada. Of course I agree that performance standards have to be in play.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/ukrainian-anti-corruption-agency-confirms-claims-trumps-manager/story?id=41392563&cid=abcn_fb

oh boy...Manafort is denying but it doesn't look good. Kind of hard to follow the "crooked Hillary" narrative when your campaign chief is being accused of this. Then again anything is possible with Trumpenstein.
    Ukrainian anti-corruption officials have confirmed that Donald Trump's campaign chairman's name appears in a list of so-called black accounts made by the country's toppled president.

Paul Manafort, who is playing an important role in this year's U.S. presidential election, has denied that he received any off-the-books payments from the Ukrainian government.

Accounts of the controversial payments surfaced this weekend when The New York Times reported that Manafort's name appears on a list of payments amounting to $12.7 million from 2007 to 2012.

A spokesman for the Ukrainian Anti-Corruption Bureau confirmed the details in the Times story.

• Options
    DegeneratefkDegeneratefk Posts: 3,123
    PJ_Soul said:

mrussel1 said:

lukin2006 said:

mrussel1 said:

lukin2006 said:

brianlux said:

lukin2006 said:

brianlux said:

brianlux said:

^^^
    This video is hilarious.

No they don't. Plus that "high pay" is relative. Still isn't that high for most teachers in Ontario, considering that teachers now need Masters degrees to get teaching jobs (or move to butt fuck nowhere), plus PDP. There is a higher range, but if you look into it, those numbers are always presented to make it seem like most teachers are being paid more than they generally are. I think that teachers' starting salaries should be around $70,000 CAD, and go up from there, given the high cost of living in Canada. Of course I agree that performance standards have to be in play.
    Teachers, fireman, police. Problem is, who's going to pay for it? Who gets cut to give them the raise they deserve? I say let Congress pay for it with an 11% reduction in their pay.
    will myself to find a home, a home within myself
    we will find a way, we will find our place
  • Options
    dignindignin Posts: 9,303
    edited August 2016

PJ_Soul said:

mrussel1 said:

lukin2006 said:

mrussel1 said:

lukin2006 said:

brianlux said:

lukin2006 said:

brianlux said:

brianlux said:

^^^
    This video is hilarious.

Teachers, fireman, police. Problem is, who's going to pay for it? Who gets cut to give them the raise they deserve? I say let Congress pay for it with an 11% reduction in their pay.
    Since they don't seem to do anything they should feel lucky only getting cut by 11%
    Post edited by dignin on
  • Options

PJ_Soul said:

mrussel1 said:

lukin2006 said:

mrussel1 said:

lukin2006 said:

brianlux said:

lukin2006 said:

brianlux said:

brianlux said:

^^^
    This video is hilarious.

We would do well to figure out how to do that. Although it could well be argued that they are overly-regimented and perhaps not as creative-oriented as some of us would prefer, in Japan, teachers are respected and paid the way doctors and lawyers and other higher paid professionals are and the result is that their kids are far more educated than ours.

• Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,682
    brianlux said:

PJ_Soul said:

mrussel1 said:

lukin2006 said:

mrussel1 said:

lukin2006 said:

brianlux said:

lukin2006 said:

brianlux said:

brianlux said:

^^^
    This video is hilarious.

We would do well to figure out how to do that. Although it could well be argued that they are overly-regimented and perhaps not as creative-oriented as some of us would prefer, in Japan, teachers are respected and paid the way doctors and lawyers and other higher paid professionals are and the result is that their kids are far more educated than ours.

For sure, plus the parents over there still tell their kids that they must respect and obey their teachers and listen to their input. Unlike here, where nowadays, parents fucking take their kids' side on everything. Kid gets in trouble for misbehaving? Teacher's fault. Kid fails a test? Teacher's fault. Kid generally a rotten little piece of shit? Teacher's fault. Hell, I think all teachers deserve a $20K annual bonus just for putting up with the fucking parents.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
This discussion has been closed.