mrussel1 said:

lukin2006 said:

brianlux said:

lukin2006 said:

brianlux said:

brianlux said:

^^^
    This video is hilarious.
    It's also hilarious because you think the supporters portrayed are as real as the video.

um, those ARE real trump supporters. they are from ohio and were brought in as part of a focus group to have them review new potential campaign ads.
    I hate to say it, but they seemed very real to me. Too real. Watching the video, I actually feel sorry for a few of these people. I felt like maybe they had been cheated out of a decent education, that they might be otherwise good people who are just clueless because they were never taught any kind of critical thinking or good judgement skills. Sad, really.
    i don't feel sorry for them at all. they are a product of single source news, ie, fox news network. they should be embarrassed.
    Well, in some ways yes, I hear you. The thing is, they don't strike me as particularly intelligent people but even so, if they had been taught some critical thinking skills I would hope they wouldn't make such idiotic remarks and be so horribly gullible. Maybe I'm being to idealist and perhaps I give to much credence to the power of education. But how else can we explain someone like Trump getting as far as he has in American politics? Something is serious wrong (i.e., fucked up) with this country.
    And who's been in charge of the education system for the vast majority of the US population, government ... which is always democrat or republican...not so sure anyone party is to blame, the democrats benefit from poorly educated, just as the republicans do ... both parties benefit from indoctrination, your countries as mine does benefits from indoctrination ... I would say its easier to indoctrinate the poorly educated and lets not kid ourselves our governments benefit by indoctrinating enough people.
    In the long run I can see validity to your argument. Otherwise how would be explain the worker-bee training character that is our educational system. Never-the-less, if I'm correct, democrats tend to more more strongly for education reform. But obviously even so, that has not been enough to pull our educational system out of the meat grinder.
    Let me know how that's working out with the dems being more progressive towards the education system...
    Democrats are in a catch 22 on education because of the teacher's unions.

I would personally like two things to happen:

1. Allow performance based reporting for teachers (lose the under performers)
    2. Substantially increase the funding for teachers' salaries so we get better, more committed teachers.
    Our teachers here in Ontario are probably the highest paid in Canada and not far off world wide, many of the same complaints I here from your system is the same complaints I here from parents, teachers...so high pay had not necessarily translated to better education...but I definitely agree better pay should translate in to better grades...even better grades are not necessarily the problem, more the idea of social promotion is more of a problem.
    Better pay plus performance standards. Do you have both pieces?
    No they don't. Plus that "high pay" is relative. Still isn't that high for most teachers in Ontario, considering that teachers now need Masters degrees to get teaching jobs (or move to butt fuck nowhere), plus PDP. There is a higher range, but if you look into it, those numbers are always presented to make it seem like most teachers are being paid more than they generally are. I think that teachers' starting salaries should be around $70,000 CAD, and go up from there, given the high cost of living in Canada. Of course I agree that performance standards have to be in play.
    Teachers, fireman, police. Problem is, who's going to pay for it? Who gets cut to give them the raise they deserve? I say let Congress pay for it with an 11% reduction in their pay.
    We would do well to figure out how to do that. Although it could well be argued that they are overly-regimented and perhaps not as creative-oriented as some of us would prefer, in Japan, teachers are respected and paid the way doctors and lawyers and other higher paid professionals are and the result is that their kids are far more educated than ours.

For sure, plus the parents over there still tell their kids that they must respect and obey their teachers and listen to their input. Unlike here, where nowadays, parents fucking take their kids' side on everything. Kid gets in trouble for misbehaving? Teacher's fault. Kid fails a test? Teacher's fault. Kid generally a rotten little piece of shit? Teacher's fault. Hell, I think all teachers deserve a $20K annual bonus just for putting up with the fucking parents.
    Yes, and our kids sometimes can literally tell their teachers to fuck off and get away with it. Happened to me as a sub anyway.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    FreeFree Posts: 3,562
    PJ_Soul said:

brianlux said:

PJ_Soul said:

mrussel1 said:

lukin2006 said:

mrussel1 said:

lukin2006 said:

brianlux said:

lukin2006 said:

brianlux said:

brianlux said:

^^^
    This video is hilarious.
    It's also hilarious because you think the supporters portrayed are as real as the video.

um, those ARE real trump supporters. they are from ohio and were brought in as part of a focus group to have them review new potential campaign ads.
    I hate to say it, but they seemed very real to me. Too real. Watching the video, I actually feel sorry for a few of these people. I felt like maybe they had been cheated out of a decent education, that they might be otherwise good people who are just clueless because they were never taught any kind of critical thinking or good judgement skills. Sad, really.
    i don't feel sorry for them at all. they are a product of single source news, ie, fox news network. they should be embarrassed.
    Well, in some ways yes, I hear you. The thing is, they don't strike me as particularly intelligent people but even so, if they had been taught some critical thinking skills I would hope they wouldn't make such idiotic remarks and be so horribly gullible. Maybe I'm being to idealist and perhaps I give to much credence to the power of education. But how else can we explain someone like Trump getting as far as he has in American politics? Something is serious wrong (i.e., fucked up) with this country.
    And who's been in charge of the education system for the vast majority of the US population, government ... which is always democrat or republican...not so sure anyone party is to blame, the democrats benefit from poorly educated, just as the republicans do ... both parties benefit from indoctrination, your countries as mine does benefits from indoctrination ... I would say its easier to indoctrinate the poorly educated and lets not kid ourselves our governments benefit by indoctrinating enough people.
    In the long run I can see validity to your argument. Otherwise how would be explain the worker-bee training character that is our educational system. Never-the-less, if I'm correct, democrats tend to more more strongly for education reform. But obviously even so, that has not been enough to pull our educational system out of the meat grinder.
    Let me know how that's working out with the dems being more progressive towards the education system...

2. Substantially increase the funding for teachers' salaries so we get better, more committed teachers.
    Our teachers here in Ontario are probably the highest paid in Canada and not far off world wide, many of the same complaints I here from your system is the same complaints I here from parents, teachers...so high pay had not necessarily translated to better education...but I definitely agree better pay should translate in to better grades...even better grades are not necessarily the problem, more the idea of social promotion is more of a problem.
    No they don't. Plus that "high pay" is relative. Still isn't that high for most teachers in Ontario, considering that teachers now need Masters degrees to get teaching jobs (or move to butt fuck nowhere), plus PDP. There is a higher range, but if you look into it, those numbers are always presented to make it seem like most teachers are being paid more than they generally are. I think that teachers' starting salaries should be around $70,000 CAD, and go up from there, given the high cost of living in Canada. Of course I agree that performance standards have to be in play.
    Teachers, fireman, police. Problem is, who's going to pay for it? Who gets cut to give them the raise they deserve? I say let Congress pay for it with an 11% reduction in their pay.
    We would do well to figure out how to do that. Although it could well be argued that they are overly-regimented and perhaps not as creative-oriented as some of us would prefer, in Japan, teachers are respected and paid the way doctors and lawyers and other higher paid professionals are and the result is that their kids are far more educated than ours.

For sure, plus the parents over there still tell their kids that they must respect and obey their teachers and listen to their input. Unlike here, where nowadays, parents fucking take their kids' side on everything. Kid gets in trouble for misbehaving? Teacher's fault. Kid fails a test? Teacher's fault. Kid generally a rotten little piece of shit? Teacher's fault. Hell, I think all teachers deserve a $20K annual bonus just for putting up with the fucking parents.
    It's not just parents that can't accept their kids do anything wrong, it's the mentality of an entire culture in the US. No accountability, not my responsibility, it must be someone else's fault... That mentality is rampant.
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 36,044
    Free said:

PJ_Soul said:

brianlux said:

PJ_Soul said:

mrussel1 said:

lukin2006 said:

mrussel1 said:

lukin2006 said:

brianlux said:

lukin2006 said:

brianlux said:

brianlux said:

^^^
    This video is hilarious.

It's not just parents that can't accept their kids do anything wrong, it's the mentality of an entire culture in the US. No accountability, not my responsibility, it must be someone else's fault... That mentality is rampant.
    it's bleeding into the collective canadian mindset as well. I know several teachers who are at their wits end because they have to take the abuse from parents if their kids don't do well (not my Johnny! must be your teaching!), but not only that, they aren't even allowed to tell the parents when the kid isn't doing well! and that directive is from the superintendent! it's going to have catastrophic effects on future work forces.
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,726
    So they don't give grades or kick kids out of school?
  • Options

Wonder what the average education attainment level in Connecticut is?

It ranks fourth in the country in percentage with bachelor's degrees and third in percentage with advanced degrees.
  • Options

They do.
    It is the parents of today who are lazy and think that school is meant to not only babysit their kids but expect that a perfect brainiac child should be produced by the end of term. These are the children who fall behind because they are not given the help they need after hours with their studies.
    There are multiple occasions where you are informed of your childs progress or lack of throughout the year.
    Any child who is going to give catastrophic effects on the work force the blame should be squarely left on the parents.

What does this have to do with Trump?
    Something about the unedumacated.
  • Options
    ikiTikiT USA Posts: 11,025
    Bristow 05132010 to Amsterdam 2 06132018
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,446
    So another low energy teleprompter speech yesterday. Sounds like he's drugged up when doing those. Speaking all slowly and softly. It's uncomfortable to watch.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options

They do.
    It is the parents of today who are lazy and think that school is meant to not only babysit their kids but expect that a perfect brainiac child should be produced by the end of term. These are the children who fall behind because they are not given the help they need after hours with their studies.
    There are multiple occasions where you are informed of your childs progress or lack of throughout the year.
    Any child who is going to give catastrophic effects on the work force the blame should be squarely left on the parents.

What does this have to do with Trump?
    Something about the unedumacated.
    Yeah, the white, less educated guys are voting for him.
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 18,122
    Tiki said:
    Yeah that was amazing. If Trump were Pres during WWII we would have taken all of Germany and Japan's resources.
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options
    The Trump surrogates are unmatched in their stupidity...

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/rudy-giuliani-forgets-sept-11-donald-trump
    "Under those 8 years, before Obama came along, we didn't have any successful radical Islamic terrorist attack in the US," Giuliani told the crowd. "They all started when Clinton and Obama came into office."

It's not the first time Giuliani has made remarks that seemed to gloss over the terror attacks that left nearly 3,000 dead and that defined him in the eyes of many Americans. While suggesting in 2010 that Obama could stand to take some cues from George W. Bush, the former mayor claimed, "We had no domestic attacks under Bush."

2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • Options

• Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,427
    Damn you can't make this up he's whole campaign is fraud the man is a pathological liar !
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options

Damn you can't make this up he's whole campaign is fraud the man is a pathological liar !
    No shit...this campaign shows you what kind of businessman he is as well. He's a fucking narcissistic moron that is lucky as hell he was born rich. I can't wait for the debates....Clinton is going to wipe her ass with Trump's toupee.

• Options

No shit...this campaign shows you what kind of businessman he is as well. He's a fucking narcissistic moron that is lucky as hell he was born rich. I can't wait for the debates....Clinton is going to wipe her ass with Trump's toupee.
    Yeah that is must watch TV , he'll loose his cool and say something totally derogatory !
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,773

Yeah that is must watch TV , he'll loose his cool and say something totally derogatory !
    If I were Hillary, I'd walk out, shake his hand and whisper "my...your hands really are small". I feel like that would totally set him off for the whole night.
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:

If I were Hillary, I'd walk out, shake his hand and whisper "my...your hands really are small". I feel like that would totally set him off for the whole night.
    That would be insane lol I'm sure he will loose it during one of the debates ..
  • Options
    DegeneratefkDegeneratefk Posts: 3,123

mrussel1 said:

That would be insane lol I'm sure he will loose it during one of the debates ..
    That would be great. Tru.p would lose his shit
    will myself to find a home, a home within myself
    we will find a way, we will find our place
  • Options
    FreeFree Posts: 3,562
    What a few of us have known all along.

http://michaelmoore.com/TrumpSabotage/

• Options
    pjalive21pjalive21 St. Louis, MO Posts: 2,818
    edited August 2016
    Free said:

Michael Moore is an asshat...you post better stuff than that...get some sleep!

I agree with what he said tho...I've stayed in the back observing this meltdown and it has to be intentional...this country is screwed with these options...I actually gave Trump a shot listening and it just keeps getting worse, I cant give Hillary a shot at all 30 years of crap she has laid her hands on

At least let a 3rd party person in there like Johnson to shake it up some

Post edited by pjalive21 on
  • Options
    Free said:

Interesting... I remember Trump's victory speech being odd

• Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,920
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    brianlux said:

Awesome
  • Options

brianlux said:

Awesome
    Finally,
    A human that can give it back to the cats!
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,446
    BREAKING---Trump makes attempt to reach out to African Americans...in a county that is 96% white.

doh.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options

mickeyrat said:

Yet another trump thread. Again after expressly told to stick to the one open thread.

stickin it to "the man" i guess....

christie is the ultimate hypocrite endorsing trump after what he said about him during the campaign.

i am wondering if trump is buying the endorsements of those that have dropped out?
    He doesn't care.
  • Options
    ikiTikiT USA Posts: 11,025
    Bristow 05132010 to Amsterdam 2 06132018
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 36,044
    the racist pigs who support trump are going to be awfully depressed when they realize the harsh reality that the world is leaving them behind....
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    Trump campaign shakeup today. I can't believe he brought that Breitbart guy in. The stupidest campaign in history just got stupider. The guy has never run a campaign in his life based on what I read.

This tells us that know one wants to be associated with Trump's campaign. Fucking hilarious.

• Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,773

Trump campaign shakeup today. I can't believe he brought that Breitbart guy in. The stupidest campaign in history just got stupider. The guy has never run a campaign in his life based on what I read.

This tells us that know one wants to be associated with Trump's campaign. Fucking hilarious.

Two big revelations today:

1. Paul Manafort likely committed a crime by lobbying for the Ukraine govt', on behalf of Russia, without registering as a lobbyist http://bigstory.ap.org/article/c01989a47ee5421593ba1b301ec07813/ap-sources-manafort-tied-undisclosed-foreign-lobbying

2. To your point, Trump somehow thinks the way to appeal to more people (and away from his base) is by hiring the site owner of Breitbart, the leader of the alt-right and ground zero for the Trump's racist rhetoric. Brilliant.

BTW - I'm so fucking pissed about this Manafort/Ukraine stuff. Trump is an idiotic tool of Putin. It's insane. He's become an unwitting agent of our nemesis for the last 80 years.
This discussion has been closed.