Options

Trump

Comments

• Options
    Halifax2TheMaxHalifax2TheMax Posts: 36,936
    unsung said:

That's not my mission. That's preaching to the choir.

I'm trying to guide everyone to rid themselves of government and stop worshipping it. Live your lives free. My work here is to help leftists find freedom, as there is not much demand here to show neocons the light of personal liberty.

Who sent you?
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN; 05/04/2024 & 05/06/2024, Vancouver, BC; 05/10/2024, Portland, OR;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    unsungunsung I stopped by on March 7 2024. First time in many years, had to update payment info. Hope all is well. Politicians suck. Bye. Posts: 9,487
    Liberty.
  • Options
    unsungunsung I stopped by on March 7 2024. First time in many years, had to update payment info. Hope all is well. Politicians suck. Bye. Posts: 9,487
    PJ_Soul said:

unsung said:

PJ_Soul said:

unsung said:

I'm trying to guide everyone to rid themselves of government and stop worshipping it. Live your lives free. My work here is to help leftists find freedom, as there is not much demand here to show neocons the light of personal liberty.

..... Seriously? If that's your goal maybe start posting things about how to farm, build log cabins or maybe dugouts, live without utilities, weave fabric, and steer a wagon horse team. Maybe some maps showing where you can go and live without paying taxes and somehow not get nabbed for keeping your kids out of the education system.
    Government owns utilities? Government owns the textile mills too? Government created housing? Home schooling is illegal? Private schools don't exist?

Nope. Serious.
    All of these things function because government enables it. Home schooling is still governed. It's not just a free for all where parents can create their own curriculum. Same with private schools. There is still oversight, laws connected to it, etc. Same with housing. Same with roads, industry, law enforcement, emergency response, agriculture, and pretty much everything else. If you want to rid yourself of government you really do have to go off the grid.

You actually believe that these things couldn't exist without government?
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 18,122
    http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/presidential-races/291153-never-trump-republicans-call-on-rnc-to-stop-funding-trump
    "Given the catastrophic impact that Donald Trump’s losing presidential campaign will have on down-ballot Senate and House races, we urge you to immediately suspend all discretionary RNC support for Trump and focus the entirety of the RNC’s available resources on preserving the GOP’s congressional majorities," a draft of the letter says.

"Donald Trump’s divisiveness, recklessness, incompetence, and record-breaking unpopularity risk turning this election into a Democratic landslide, and only the immediate shift of all available RNC resources to vulnerable Senate and House races will prevent the GOP from drowning with a Trump-emblazoned anchor around its neck."
    LOL....your hero
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,741
    unsung said:

PJ_Soul said:

unsung said:

PJ_Soul said:

unsung said:

..... Seriously? If that's your goal maybe start posting things about how to farm, build log cabins or maybe dugouts, live without utilities, weave fabric, and steer a wagon horse team. Maybe some maps showing where you can go and live without paying taxes and somehow not get nabbed for keeping your kids out of the education system.
    Government owns utilities? Government owns the textile mills too? Government created housing? Home schooling is illegal? Private schools don't exist?

Nope. Serious.
    All of these things function because government enables it. Home schooling is still governed. It's not just a free for all where parents can create their own curriculum. Same with private schools. There is still oversight, laws connected to it, etc. Same with housing. Same with roads, industry, law enforcement, emergency response, agriculture, and pretty much everything else. If you want to rid yourself of government you really do have to go off the grid.

That's right. Do you think there is any real reason to think they could? Pretty sure there isn't a single example of that in all of human history. But you think you've got it all figured out?
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,773
    unsung said:

PJ_Soul said:

unsung said:

PJ_Soul said:

unsung said:

Nope. Serious.

I love how you continue to ignore my challenges to Libertarian principles.

Alas, these things could exist in theory. You could have a private police force. You could have private FD. You call 911 and have your credit card ready and a response is forthcoming. Hopefully the credit card machine is not broken, otherwise someone dies. Now police, EMS, FD, etc. is already state or local run, so my scenario must be your argument. So again... ultra-Libertarian policies sound fucking awesome in a text book, but no one has implemented them yet in totality, let alone a first world country.
  • Options
    I'm ignoring them because I'm not a Libertarian. Try and keep up.
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:

unsung said:

PJ_Soul said:

unsung said:

PJ_Soul said:

unsung said:

Nope. Serious.

That's right. Do you think there is any real reason to think they could? Pretty sure there isn't a single example of that in all of human history. But you think you've got it all figured out?
    All the paving companies around my world are private companies.

I can easily build a house without government, they are only involved under their monopoly on force. Remove that threat and I could do it.
  • Options
    unsung said:

I'm ignoring them because I'm not a Libertarian. Try and keep up.

I apologize. I didn't see you type that. Considering the views you are pushing and the fact your avatar is Ron Paul, you can see how my deduction is reasonable. So what are you? Constructionist? Textualist?
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    unsung said:

PJ_Soul said:

unsung said:

PJ_Soul said:

unsung said:

PJ_Soul said:

unsung said:

Nope. Serious.

I can easily build a house without government, they are only involved under their monopoly on force. Remove that threat and I could do it.
    The government does not own any pavement companies today and hasn't since the New Deal. So that's a false equivalency. What about the example of public services like 911, FD, Police, etc? You got that covered too? Do you have your firetruck and ladder or is there a company in your area that provides that service to you?
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,741
    unsung said:

PJ_Soul said:

unsung said:

PJ_Soul said:

unsung said:

PJ_Soul said:

unsung said:

Nope. Serious.

Private companies don't function without government either. There are regulations, laws that they abide by, get resources from industries that are regulated, they pay taxes to support infrastructure, and so on. Everything is interconnected under the umbrella of government. You can't just break off from it.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    Unsung - edit to my post above. You never said you weren't a Libertarian, so I'll change my apology to not knowing what is your mind, but never typed. It seems like you are picking out the easy counter-arguments and ignoring the ones that challenge your bias.
  • Options
    I've actually answered the same questions over and over and over.
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:

unsung said:

PJ_Soul said:

unsung said:

PJ_Soul said:

unsung said:

PJ_Soul said:

unsung said:

Nope. Serious.

Private companies don't function without government either. There are regulations, laws that they abide by, get resources from industries that are regulated, they pay taxes to support infrastructure, and so on. Everything is interconnected under the umbrella of government. You can't just break off from it.
    Right. My point above.

Your assertion seems to be one of that it is impossible for them to exist without government involvement. I fully understand that under the current system government is required. My point is it is only required because government can threaten all involved with a one sided use of force. If government involvement was so desirable and benefitted so many then why do they need to use threat to enforce their policies?

Hint: They want their cut.
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    mrussel1 said:

Unsung - edit to my post above. You never said you weren't a Libertarian, so I'll change my apology to not knowing what is your mind, but never typed. It seems like you are picking out the easy counter-arguments and ignoring the ones that challenge your bias.

It's all good, haven't bothered to change my avatar mostly because if I ever vote again I'll just write him in.

The Libertarian party is not what it was four years ago. I can no longer support them.
  • Options
    unsung said:

I've actually answered the same questions over and over and over.

You haven't answered one of my questions. As far as I can tell, there are many gaps in your political principles. But thanks for coming in here and insulting people under the guise of enlightening them.
  • Options
    Sorry I hurt your feeling. Go find your safe space because I didn't take time out of my day to give you special attention.
  • Options
    myoung321myoung321 Posts: 2,855
    unsung said:

PJ_Soul said:

unsung said:

PJ_Soul said:

unsung said:

Nope. Serious.

Free-market capitalism could not exist without an active government that provides the extensive legal infrastructure that creates and regulates markets and that enables corporations to do business.

Labor Laws?... those were not just freely given to Americans out the kindness of Big Businesses heart or enforced by them.

The "We could do this without government or better with less regulations" is absurd at best.

It's pretty clear what human douchebags are capable of doing in the name of profit or saving money.

Next time you gulp down that drink or grab a bite to eat -- think about FDA regulations
    "The heart and mind are the true lens of the camera." - Yusuf Karsh

• Options
    unsung said:

Sorry I hurt your feeling. Go find your safe space because I didn't take time out of my day to give you special attention.

I don't need a safe space. I'm all about argument and discussion. Teh issue is that you can't address pretty gaping holes in your philosophy, yet you call HRC voters low IQ. It's projection of the first order.
  • Options
    myoung321 said:

unsung said:

PJ_Soul said:

unsung said:

PJ_Soul said:

unsung said:

Nope. Serious.

Free-market capitalism could not exist without an active government that provides the extensive legal infrastructure that creates and regulates markets and that enables corporations to do business.

Labor Laws?... those were not just freely given to Americans out the kindness of Big Businesses heart or enforced by them.

The "We could do this without government or better with less regulations" is absurd at best.

It's pretty clear what human douchebags are capable of doing in the name of profit or saving money.

Next time you gulp down that drink or grab a bite to eat -- think about FDA regulations
    No, in the mind of the pure laissez-faire capitalist, if enough people die from taking Tylenol laced with cyanide, well then people will stop buying Tylenol. And then Tylenol will either have to put tamper proof caps or go out of business. See, the invisible hand of the market speaks, even if it only takes some free market deaths to get there.
  • Options
    dignindignin Posts: 9,304
  • Options
    Halifax2TheMaxHalifax2TheMax Posts: 36,936
    unsung said:

Liberty.

Would that have been the bare breasted lady liberty in the foyer of the DOJ?
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN; 05/04/2024 & 05/06/2024, Vancouver, BC; 05/10/2024, Portland, OR;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    http://www.nytimes.com/1989/10/11/nyregion/copter-crash-kills-3-aides-of-trump.html

Were these three killed by Trump to cover up his horrible business practices? How would the right wing conspiracy loons spin this one if these were Clinton associates? Why is it that we don't see this same type of crap (blaming deaths) coming from the left?

2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • Options

http://www.nytimes.com/1989/10/11/nyregion/copter-crash-kills-3-aides-of-trump.html

Were these three killed by Trump to cover up his horrible business practices? How would the right wing conspiracy loons spin this one if these were Clinton associates? Why is it that we don't see this same type of crap (blaming deaths) coming from the left?

Why? Because we don't wear tin foil hats.
  • Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,124
    Julian Assange is a right-wing conspiracy loon?
  • Options
    Jason P said:

It appears as such...he is obviously targeting the Clinton campaign

• Options
    Jason P said:

• Options
    edited August 2016
    mrussel1 said:

Why? Because we don't wear tin foil hats.
    that was a rhetorical question... :)

edit: at a minimum we can say that Trump has dead bodies lining his pathway

• Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,124
    I remember the days when Assange was the belle of the ball and the arab spring was celebrated as the fall of western diplomacy in the middle east.
This discussion has been closed.