Options

Hillary won more votes for President

Comments

• Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,678

mrussel1 said:

mrussel1 said:

Any Hillary supporter agree with this?

Clinton’s inconsistency and inability to make any sort of connection with the American middle class will hurt her on the campaign trail. Her team knows this — it’s part of the reason Clinton has not had a press conference in over 200 days. Instead they will unleash a barrage of negative ads against Trump making it all about his negatives while trying to cover up hers.

http://www.torontosun.com/2016/07/30/hillary-clinton-needs-to-define-what-she-stands-for

Her inability to connect with the middle class is why she isn't doing press conferences? What kind of fucked up, non-sensical conclusion is that? What a lazy shot that is. Next time you quote a right wing opinion article, try to find a coherent writer like Rod Dreher or even David Brooks.
    So does this mean you agree or not?
    Maybe she doesn't connect well with the middle class, and I'm sure it's been 200 days since a press conference. But those aren't cause and effect statements. It's shitty writing. It's like me saying.. "Donald Trump avoided the draft with a bullshit bone spur, that's why he divorced two wives and declared bankruptcy". All those statements are true, but they aren't connected.
    But the radlibs sure make those true facts connect to explain why Trump should not be POTUS.
    But not in the same sentence, like this lazy ass hack writer.
  • Options
    ^^^
    Still does not absolve you if you agree or not with the article.
  • Options
    First, I can answer whatever the fuck I do or don't want to answer. You are not the granter of penance or absolution. Second, I already answered. Go back and read more carefully.
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:

First, I can answer whatever the fuck I do or don't want to answer. You are not the granter of penance or absolution. Second, I already answered. Go back and read more carefully.

Totally forgot we are in a Hillary thread.
    No wonder clear answers aren't given.
    My bad.
  • Options

mrussel1 said:

Totally forgot we are in a Hillary thread.
    No wonder clear answers aren't given.
    My bad.
    Sorry the sentence was too complex. I thought it was pretty straightforward. Let me know if you have any other Rupert Murdoch douchebags to read.
  • Options
    Hillary is angry.
  • Options

Hillary is angry.

I like Turtles. Hillary probably does too.
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    mrussel1 said:

Rock the fuck ON, mrussel :)
  • Options

Hillary is angry.

Honestly PJFan, if you want some good conservative writing to read, go to amconmag.com That's a good publication. Reason.com is also pretty solid most of the time too. You start pulling articles from there, I'm more likely to have a discussion with you where I get less agitated.
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:

Hillary is angry.

Honestly PJFan, if you want some good conservative writing to read, go to amconmag.com That's a good publication. Reason.com is also pretty solid most of the time too. You start pulling articles from there, I'm more likely to have a discussion with you where I get less agitated.
    Honestly I looked up both the websites that I've never heard of thanks to you.
    And I can honestly say that as a Trump supporter I don't even need the press to make you feel agitated.
  • Options

mrussel1 said:

Hillary is angry.

And I can honestly say that as a Trump supporter I don't even need the press to make you feel agitated.
    I know you don't. You do an excellent job on your own. I'm just suggesting some higher brow reading than the Toronto Sun or any other Sun/Post publication.
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:

mrussel1 said:

Hillary is angry.

I know you don't. You do an excellent job on your own. I'm just suggesting some higher brow reading than the Toronto Sun or any other Sun/Post publication.
    The Toronto Sun is just one publication that tries to feed the masses.
    One must read all to grasp the concept.
    Unlike when Hillary speaks.
  • Options

mrussel1 said:

mrussel1 said:

Hillary is angry.

Then start quoting from some better ones. Throw the Economist in the mix too, although that's fairly centrist.
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:

mrussel1 said:

mrussel1 said:

Hillary is angry.

Then start quoting from some better ones. Throw the Economist in the mix too, although that's fairly centrist.
    Better to whom?
    There is a difference between well read and the Economist.
  • Options
    edited July 2016

mrussel1 said:

mrussel1 said:

mrussel1 said:

Hillary is angry.

Better to whom?
    There is a difference between well read and the Economist.
    Better arguments in general, better reasoning and more thorough.

I don't get your statement on the Economist.
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,759
    Careful, mrussel and PJF, we may need to Photoshop the two of you into this (watch your bandwidths!!):

https://media.giphy.com/media/3o6Zt4AjGfhbdMpsrK/giphy.gif
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    brianlux said:

Careful, mrussel and PJF, we may need to Photoshop the two of you into this (watch your bandwidths!!):

That just cost me 100 gigs of data, Brian. Great.
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:

brianlux said:

Oh man, I'm sorry! But wasn't it fun!
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

• Options
    brianlux said:

mrussel1 said:

brianlux said:

Totally worth it. But now I'll have to sign off for the rest of the month. Free will be crushed.
  • Options
    BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,561
    mrussel1 said:

brianlux said:

mrussel1 said:

brianlux said:

Totally worth it. But now I'll have to sign off for the rest of the month. Free will be crushed.
    You should have gone to someplace like Starbucks and used the free wi-fi and let the evil giant multi-national corporation pay for it!
  • Options

mrussel1 said:

brianlux said:

mrussel1 said:

brianlux said:

You should have gone to someplace like Starbucks and used the free wi-fi and let the evil giant multi-national corporation pay for it!
    Nothing I despise more than companies that employ people and pay them money. They are the worst.
  • Options
    Boxes&BooksBoxes&Books USA Posts: 2,672
    So did she answer any direct questions related to the emails/DWS during her interview on fox?? Or were those off limits?
  • Options
    BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,561
    edited July 2016
    mrussel1 said:

mrussel1 said:

brianlux said:

mrussel1 said:

brianlux said:

Nothing I despise more than companies that employ people and pay them money. They are the worst.
    No
    The worst are the ones that employ, pay money, and provide benefits
    A-holes :punch:
  • Options

mrussel1 said:

mrussel1 said:

brianlux said:

mrussel1 said:

brianlux said:

No
    What? Like vacations, health insurance, life insurance, 401k matches. Didn't know that could even happen in a country like ours. Thanks for the enlightening.
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:

mrussel1 said:

mrussel1 said:

brianlux said:

mrussel1 said:

brianlux said:

No
    What? Like vacations, health insurance, life insurance, 401k matches. Didn't know that could even happen in a country like ours. Thanks for the enlightening.
    My father worked hard and loyally for one of those lovely corporations. When things got a little tough for a few years, however, they cut him (and many others like him) loose 11 months shy of his 25 year anniversary, stripping him of his chance for full retirement and benefits.

Corporations- aren't they lovely and so loving toward their faithful! If you believe that...

• Options
    FreeFree Posts: 3,562

mrussel1 said:

mrussel1 said:

brianlux said:

mrussel1 said:

brianlux said:

No
    I heard from many people that their jobs that once paid well, had good benefits and retirement are now laying off, gutting pay, raising the price of insurance, and getting rid of 401(k) and retirement programs. I work for a successful company that wouldn't offer us retirement or 401(k) Programs. Nor did they offer life insurance. They encouraged working along hours into the weekends and not taking holidays off.

My niece who graduated college a year ago had to settle for a job that offered no benefits. While family said that she shouldn't take it, it was either that or working at a thruway stop for minimum wage. She recently got a better job with benefits but she had to negotiate to get a living wage to live in an expensive city where the job was.

Do you call that successful for the worker? It is far from it.
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,608
    People should be more supportive of unions/protecting workers' rights (no, I don't mean the fucked up corrupt unions, which are a small minority).
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:

People should be more supportive of unions/protecting workers' rights (no, I don't mean the fucked up corrupt unions, which are a small minority).

I was in the Teamsters Union years ago. I don't know what they're up to today but back then, they were great. They help me get off a mandatory 6 day work week which was great because only one day of totally sucked!

• Options
    For every anecdote, there is a counter one. That's why we have data to make decisions, not stories.

And a Corp with more than 100 employees that doesn't offer a401k is unusual. It's usually only because not enough non execs committed to joining. There are laws which are designed to prevent the 401k from being simply an outlet for the wealthy to get a tax break.
  • Options
    Q. Are We Not Men? A: We Are Data!

This discussion has been closed.