Options

Hillary won more votes for President

Comments

• Options
    lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
    Those convention and speakers are as phoney as politicians ...with the exception of Ted Cruz of course the speakers you pick are going to say nothing but good things.
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
  • Options
    MayDay10 said:

I came in not liking Hillary at all and likely voting 3rd party. Watching some of the RNC and also the DNC, I saw an alarming lack of substance and plan from the Trump camp. I had expected them to try to display some sort of tangible platform at the convention. Pence is also not a guy I would trust with the 'puppet strings' if thats the plan.

The DNC did a marvelous job putting out their case for Hillary (vs both Trump and 3rd parties). The speakers I saw (Booker, Michelle O, O, Hillary were wonderful... as was Hillary's introductory video (as opposed to Trumps that touted him building an ice rink in NYC as a major accomplishment).

I think Ron Paul, Bernie, etc have done a great job grinding from the 2 major parties. It needs to continue. But now is not the time. For my kids' sake, it is important that Trump does not get elected. I have done very well in the current climate with Obama in office and I believe Hillary would mostly be a continuation of that.

I'm voting for Hillary.

The ice rink is a better accomplishment than the rise of Isis ...
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

• Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,798
    MayDay10 said:

I came in not liking Hillary at all and likely voting 3rd party. Watching some of the RNC and also the DNC, I saw an alarming lack of substance and plan from the Trump camp. I had expected them to try to display some sort of tangible platform at the convention. Pence is also not a guy I would trust with the 'puppet strings' if thats the plan.

The DNC did a marvelous job putting out their case for Hillary (vs both Trump and 3rd parties). The speakers I saw (Booker, Michelle O, O, Hillary were wonderful... as was Hillary's introductory video (as opposed to Trumps that touted him building an ice rink in NYC as a major accomplishment).

I think Ron Paul, Bernie, etc have done a great job grinding from the 2 major parties. It needs to continue. But now is not the time. For my kids' sake, it is important that Trump does not get elected. I have done very well in the current climate with Obama in office and I believe Hillary would mostly be a continuation of that. We also have a possibility of up to 4 Supreme Court replacements.... and allowing Donald Trump to select them would set us back 30 years and affect a generation of law decisions. Trying to fight for Jill Stein to get 3% of the vote instead of 2% isnt worth it.

I'm voting for Hillary.

Bravo! Well said!
  • Options
    edited July 2016
    lukin2006 said:

MayDay10 said:

I think Ron Paul, Bernie, etc have done a great job grinding from the 2 major parties. It needs to continue. But now is not the time. For my kids' sake, it is important that Trump does not get elected. I have done very well in the current climate with Obama in office and I believe Hillary would mostly be a continuation of that.

I'm voting for Hillary.

I know. Sucks that we attacked Iraq and caused that shit storm.
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 18,127
    MayDay10 said:

I think Ron Paul, Bernie, etc have done a great job grinding from the 2 major parties. It needs to continue. But now is not the time. For my kids' sake, it is important that Trump does not get elected. I have done very well in the current climate with Obama in office and I believe Hillary would mostly be a continuation of that. We also have a possibility of up to 4 Supreme Court replacements.... and allowing Donald Trump to select them would set us back 30 years and affect a generation of law decisions. Trying to fight for Jill Stein to get 3% of the vote instead of 2% isnt worth it.

I'm voting for Hillary.

In my opinion Pence is more dangerous than Trump. Pence was planning on running for Pres but his bullshit anti-gay bill in Indiana destroyed that hope. Indiana was ready to vote him out of office when Trump picked his bigoted ass up on the ticket.

Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,618
    edited July 2016
    The fact that ISIS exists sucks. Islamic extremism is not easily snuffed out or defeated. Its existed for a long, long time. Its whack a mole. If not ISIS, would it be someone else?

ISIS exists and rose due to the conditions created by the Iraq war. Led by Bush/Cheney/Rumsfeld. Awful decision making. Hillary voted in favor (as did Pence). Trump also was in favor (and after the fact spoke out against it). The sad thing is, Americans still had a lot of bloodlust after 9-11 and largely supported the war. I hope/believe we all learned from that.

Trump plays directly into ISIS' playbook. It says right in their publications that one of their primary goals is to create fear and thus aggression from the West? They want to draw us out and drop bombs. Doing what we are currently doing is the right way, although needs to be improved. Information, multinational cooperation, resolve, tolerance, and education are paramount.
  • Options
    ^^^ that's right and the dems made a bad situation much much worse.

• Options
    lukin2006 said:

MayDay10 said:

I'm voting for Hillary.

Are you seriously going to pin Isis on Hillary?

2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • Options
    Im pinning it on both parties the republicans and the republicans lights...stay the fuck out of everybodies business should be the order of the day...but somehow you guys just can't fucking do that.

• Options
    polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    MayDay10 said:

The fact that ISIS exists sucks. Islamic extremism is not easily snuffed out or defeated. Its existed for a long, long time. Its whack a mole. If not ISIS, would it be someone else?

ISIS exists and rose due to the conditions created by the Iraq war. Led by Bush/Cheney/Rumsfeld. Awful decision making. Hillary voted in favor (as did Pence). Trump also was in favor (and after the fact spoke out against it). The sad thing is, Americans still had a lot of bloodlust after 9-11 and largely supported the war. I hope/believe we all learned from that.

Trump plays directly into ISIS' playbook. It says right in their publications that one of their primary goals is to create fear and thus aggression from the West? They want to draw us out and drop bombs. Doing what we are currently doing is the right way, although needs to be improved. Information, multinational cooperation, resolve, tolerance, and education are paramount.

the iraq war and isis are founded on the military industrial complex ... it isn't a matter of "oh shit - that didn't work out" ... it's a matter of deliberation ... you don't continue to spend the most money on arms and defence if there is no conflict in this world ... this is the nature of the "establishment" ... special interests dictating domestic and foreign policy in the interests of profiteering ...

• Options
    dignindignin Posts: 9,304
    polaris_x said:

thanks ... I see katy perry at the DNC and my eyes can't roll far enough back ...

Yeah, I kinda feel the same way. But she has a lot of appeal to a certain demographic.
  • Options
    ^^^ and far to many innocent lives.

• Options
    FreeFree Posts: 3,562
    lukin2006 said:

Those convention and speakers are as phoney as politicians ...with the exception of Ted Cruz of course the speakers you pick are going to say nothing but good things.

Who would have thunk to think of Cruz being the real truthful one in all of this.
  • Options
    Free said:

lukin2006 said:

Who would have thunk to think of Cruz being the real truthful one in all of this.
    Agreed ... might have been your next POTUS, except this is a crazy election year.

• Options
    MayDay10 said:

FEAR! Screw veteran's healthcare, both parties are war-mongers and just want to focus on what induces fear in the American public. Because fear is what keeps a corrupt corporate 2 party system intact and keeps people from fighting for what really counts.
  • Options
    edited July 2016
    How Clinton Lost the Nomination
    Yes, as we are all too aware, Hillary Clinton was officially anointed this week as the Democratic Party’s presidential nominee for the upcoming election. She was chosen by the party to be its nominee long before the race ever began, and it used every means at its disposal, both in plain sight and behind closed doors, to ensure that nothing – least of all the will of the people – would prevent that from happening.

Yet even though she may have won the title, she lost any moral legitimacy to the position that the title represents.

It is a shameful, hollow victory; one that has stained the democratic process in its callous and brazen willingness to subvert that very process by whatever means necessary in order to triumph.

Her campaign’s collusion with the DNC (not to mention her corporate media allies, lobbyists and tech industry cohorts) to undermine Senator Sanders’ bid for the nomination – to any rational, thinking person who’d paid even the slightest bit of attention to the unfolding race – was as obvious as it was incensing. The party’s hierarchy, working with their establishment counterparts at state and local levels, did everything they could to sabotage and stifle the Vermont Senator’s burgeoning campaign.

This subterfuge became glaringly apparent through a whole host of underhanded practices. From planning debate schedules to ensure the lowest possible viewing audience; widespread voter suppression through registrations being dropped, party registration being changed, or receiving incorrect ballots; manipulating voter registration rules; forged signatures on voter registration sheets; scandalously high discrepancies in many states between exit poll results and actual voting tallies (disparities that were not evident in either the Republican primary or the 2008 Democratic primary); officials conspiring to paint Sanders as an atheist, as revealed in the recent WikiLeaks email dump; and the list goes on…

Perhaps the saddest aspect of all of this is that so many of those previously disenfranchised, disaffected and otherwise alienated or jaded by the political process saw in Senator Sanders’ campaign a light in the political darkness. They saw a man of principle, someone who had spent a lifetime remaining true to his beliefs and his word, and someone who wanted to rid the system of its corporate, insider cronyism and make the country and more fair and just one. And now those same people who fought alongside Sanders are confronted with the cruel reality that those corporate, insider cronies came out on top…once again.

However, as dispiriting as that reality may be, it could have been worse. Had the Democratic primary been fought fairly, on a level playing field, with no establishment deck-stacking involved and Clinton had still clawed her way to the nomination, there would be very little solace to be had in the notion that voters simply liked her and her politics better. As bitter a pill to swallow as the actual outcome is, at least one can take some comfort in the knowledge that she didn’t win on merit, she won through fraud and deceit.

If, as many like to say, politics is a sport, then Hillary Clinton is the political equivalent of a state-sponsored, doped-up Russian athlete.
    The upshot:

Hillary Clinton didn’t win the Democratic Party nomination – she simply won the game of trickery, collusion and fraudulence that modern politics in this country has devolved into. And while Sanders’ bid to clean house ultimately failed, it opened the eyes of many millions of voters to show just how corrupted that system has become.

Right now many of those voters are crestfallen and many more are just plain angry. But there are many fights that lay ahead, and when they come, those same voters will be going into battle with their eyes wide open.
    http://www.thecharliemusgrovereport.com/2016/07/how-clinton-lost-nomination.html
    Post edited by Free on
  • Options
    BS44325BS44325 Posts: 6,124
    mrussel1 said:

lukin2006 said:

MayDay10 said:

I'm voting for Hillary.

Then maybe Hillary shouldn't have voted to authorize it.
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,743
    edited July 2016
    benjs said:

Don't know if anyone is watching Clinton, but she thanked Bernie Sanders and I haven't seen an angrier looking old dude in a while.

I saw it, but I didn't think he looked angry. He definitely looked something, but not angry. I'm actually not sure what he was thinking or feeling at that moment. It could be any number of things - that particular expression could be applied to a fairly wide range of emotions - and unless he actually says what was going through his head at that moment, I don't think anyone at all can say or even form an opinion. I thought he could have been sad, mad, disappointed, on the verge of tears, touched, bashful, modest... who knows.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    BS44325 said:

mrussel1 said:

lukin2006 said:

MayDay10 said:

I'm voting for Hillary.

Or...maybe our President and his staff should not have fabricated evidence.
    Or.. maybe they should not have scheduled the vote before mid terms to maximize the political impact, knowing the American people had a jingoistic attitude coming out of 9/11.

I'm sure you remember that 41 specifically waited until AFTER the midterms in 90 for the authorization for the Gulf war because he didn't want a politicized vote.
  • Options
    Boxes&BooksBoxes&Books USA Posts: 2,672
    BS44325 said:

mrussel1 said:

lukin2006 said:

MayDay10 said:

I'm voting for Hillary.

Oh but he knows it sucks. Try raising your chipd in that world. I don't think they would simply say it sucks and go about their day.

Hold someone accountable. Perhaps vote for someone who won't cause a sucky day for others. What a fucking joke. People get booed for being Warhawks and you find it disrespectful. Do you think those families having bombs dropped on their fucking kids find it disrespectful too?
  • Options
    BS44325BS44325 Posts: 6,124
    edited July 2016
    mrussel1 said:

BS44325 said:

mrussel1 said:

lukin2006 said:

MayDay10 said:

I'm voting for Hillary.

Or.. maybe they should not have scheduled the vote before mid terms to maximize the political impact, knowing the American people had a jingoistic attitude coming out of 9/11.

I'm sure you remember that 41 specifically waited until AFTER the midterms in 90 for the authorization for the Gulf war because he didn't want a politicized vote.
    The evidence was from her husband's administration and CIA director. That is why she was comfortable voting to authorize. I find it amazing that you're accusing your candidate of not having enough backbone to oppose Bush because of the midterms. Is she a hawk or is she spineless? Your choice. Obama beat her over the head with that vote and nothing has changed in her character since then. She moved for regime change in Libya and left a mess there as well. That's your candidate.
  • Options
    BS44325 said:

mrussel1 said:

BS44325 said:

mrussel1 said:

lukin2006 said:

MayDay10 said:

I'm voting for Hillary.

The evidence was from her husband's administration and CIA director. That is why she was comfortable voting to authorize. I find it amazing that you're accusing your candidate of not having enough backbone to oppose Bush because of the midterms. Is she a hawk or is she spineless? Your choice. Obama beat her over the head with that vote and nothing has changed in her character since then. She moved for regime change in Libya and left a mess there as well. That's your candidate.
    The Project for a New American Century (look up the signatories) spent several years trying to convince Bill to provoke regime change in Iraq. He resisted that call http://www.informationclearinghouse.info/article5527.htm

Then came 9/11 and the administration successfully parlayed dubious intelligence into a case for war. Sec'y Powell made that case powerfully. Up until this point, the President had always had the benefit of the doubt in war decisions. It's the most solemn of responsibilities. I can't say what HRC knew, didn't know, suspected or didn't suspect. I don't know which briefings she received or didn't receive. But I don't lay the blame of the war on any member of Congress; GOP or Dem. This lies squarely with the administration and the way they manipulated the public and congress.
  • Options
    Smart girl

http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/289801-mccain-granddaughter-comes-out-in-support-of-clinton
    In a post on Medium post titled, "For this Republican, Never Trump means 'I'm With Her,'" Caroline McCain writes that she became opposed to Trump last summer when he questioned her grandfather's status as a war hero.

"I like people who weren't captured," Trump said at the time.

While John McCain "responded with grace and forgiveness––as only a man who was held in captivity for years can," Caroline McCain wrote, "I’ve been nursing a grudge ever since."

"Following a line of other right-wing wacko birds, Trump insulted a man I esteem and love, a man who has risked his life in service of his country," she wrote.

"He insulted my grandfather and attacked the very qualities — loyalty, bravery and selflessness — that he and countless other POWs embody," she added of John McCain, who was captured during the Vietnam War.

Caroline McCain wrote that Trump never won her over during his candidacy, calling him a "misogynist," "racist" and "demagogue," citing his remarks on women and minorities throughout his campaign.

She said she decided to support Clinton during the Democratic National Convention this week, where Democratic heavy-hitters hit on themes of American exceptionalism in an effort to win over reticent Republicans.

"The party I grew up in, the party I want to work in and change and push to be more inclusive, betrayed me and countless others," Carolina McCain wrote.

"Loyalty to party can never trump loyalty to country. And loyalty to party means nothing when the party has been poisoned," she added.

McCain said that while she has issues with Clinton, including "questionable" financial decisions at the Clinton Foundation, she pushed back on "a demonized portrait that has been painted of her for years."

"I want Donald Trump to be humiliated in November and driven far from the political arena for the rest of his life," she wrote. "I’m not a Democrat — at least not yet. But this year, I’m With Her."

• Options

Smart girl

http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/289801-mccain-granddaughter-comes-out-in-support-of-clinton

In a post on Medium post titled, "For this Republican, Never Trump means 'I'm With Her,'" Caroline McCain writes that she became opposed to Trump last summer when he questioned her grandfather's status as a war hero.

"I like people who weren't captured," Trump said at the time.

While John McCain "responded with grace and forgiveness––as only a man who was held in captivity for years can," Caroline McCain wrote, "I’ve been nursing a grudge ever since."

"Following a line of other right-wing wacko birds, Trump insulted a man I esteem and love, a man who has risked his life in service of his country," she wrote.

"He insulted my grandfather and attacked the very qualities — loyalty, bravery and selflessness — that he and countless other POWs embody," she added of John McCain, who was captured during the Vietnam War.

Caroline McCain wrote that Trump never won her over during his candidacy, calling him a "misogynist," "racist" and "demagogue," citing his remarks on women and minorities throughout his campaign.

She said she decided to support Clinton during the Democratic National Convention this week, where Democratic heavy-hitters hit on themes of American exceptionalism in an effort to win over reticent Republicans.

"The party I grew up in, the party I want to work in and change and push to be more inclusive, betrayed me and countless others," Carolina McCain wrote.

"Loyalty to party can never trump loyalty to country. And loyalty to party means nothing when the party has been poisoned," she added.

McCain said that while she has issues with Clinton, including "questionable" financial decisions at the Clinton Foundation, she pushed back on "a demonized portrait that has been painted of her for years."

"I want Donald Trump to be humiliated in November and driven far from the political arena for the rest of his life," she wrote. "I’m not a Democrat — at least not yet. But this year, I’m With Her."

Smart girl because she's voting out of fear of a Trump presidency.
  • Options
    I like this line that Hillary uses to describe America.
    “I’m not satisfied with the status quo. I’m not telling you everything is peachy keen,” Clinton said.
    Well there you have it folks you heard it first! Vote Hillary.
    http://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/politics/clinton-kaine-launch-battleground-state-tour-while-trump-hits-back-with-attacks/ar-BBv2d9m?li=AAacUQk&ocid=spartanntp
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,743
    edited July 2016
    Okay, time for a laugh. Or at least this made me laugh.
    Bill Clinton LOVES balloons. :lol:https://www.buzzfeed.com/lyapalater/bill-the-balloon-guy?utm_term=.gld1do6Gk#.gxgz34W5g
    The last one is fantastic. Yoink!! :rofl:
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    CH156378CH156378 Posts: 1,539
    PJ_Soul said:

Bill Clinton LOVES balloons. :lol:https://www.buzzfeed.com/lyapalater/bill-the-balloon-guy?utm_term=.gld1do6Gk#.gxgz34W5g

LMFAO!!!!!! Oh my god!! Lol
  • Options
    KatKat There's a lot to be said for nowhere. Posts: 4,777
    PJ_Soul said:

That was great and I can imagine him having a great time playing with his grandkids. It's hard to believe how much time has passed since he ran for President. Thanks for posting that. Have a beautiful weekend, all. :)
    Falling down,...not staying down
  • Options
    DegeneratefkDegeneratefk Posts: 3,123
    Why do you people think that because we don't want trump as a president, that a vote for Clinton is voting out of fear? Do you even realize that most of trumps supporters were attracted to him because of his fear mongering? Such an ignorant thing to keep saying. You make it sound like these people haven't done their own research and came to their own conclusion. People don't want trump as president because he will not be a good president.
    will myself to find a home, a home within myself
    we will find a way, we will find our place
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,926
    PJ_Soul said:

I wonder if he tried inhaling off one of them?
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

This discussion has been closed.