Options

Hair and Beauty Tips

Comments

• Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    Mal, have a blast tonight! You should be fine (though I'm now picturing you as the dude from Powder) - and even if not, pretty sure you'll be surrounded by lots of smelly sweaty people =)
  • Options
    RKCNDYRKCNDY Seattle, WA Posts: 31,013
    Malroth said:

In preparation for Lexington tonight, I just did a full body bathe in Gold Bond extra strength body powder. Any talk of a smelly man at the show probably isn't me. Maybe.

But we will know you by the tell tale powdery residue all over your clothes.
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    MalrothMalroth broken down chevrolet Posts: 2,485
    edited April 2016
    I used to use the Niveena? men's face care line when I was young, single and trying to be my version of a pretty boy. I stopped using it, but now that I am into middled-agedness I wonder whether I should try to preserve what's left of my physical youth. Do any guys here use face cream and think it makes a difference? Any ladies like their men to use face cream?
    Post edited by Malroth on
    The worst of times..they don't phase me,
    even if I look and act really crazy.
  • Options
    FoxyRedLaFoxyRedLa Lauren / MI Posts: 4,810
    Anyone here use a "face setting spray" after make up? Is it necessary? You notice a difference?

Any panty hose tips? I have winter in the bag but just normal everyday hose....they just rip and don't last. Any better brands out there?
    Oh please let it rain today.
    Those that can be trusted can change their mind.
  • Options
    Go to your closest dance supply place and purchase tights (nude, suntan). Not too much of a selection but they're like teflon.
  • Options
    deadendpdeadendp Northeast Ohio Posts: 10,434
    FoxyRedLa said:

Anyone here use a "face setting spray" after make up? Is it necessary? You notice a difference?

Any panty hose tips? I have winter in the bag but just normal everyday hose....they just rip and don't last. Any better brands out there?

I have not worn hose on so many years but I can tell you that when I did, Victoria Secret brand wear/wore like iron. My SIL bought them for all of us who were in her wedding. The shoes killed so I walked shoeless across asphalt and gravel and they were perfect.
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
  • Options
    Ok thanks!!!!

Dead not sure - I heard Victoria was ending the clothing part of their stuff and just going back to bras and panties so I'll check it out! Thanks! Didn't even know they made hose.

Dance closet supply place?? Not sure what you're ... like "dance" supplies? Costume?

Thanks again!
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,296
    Stephaine said:

Go to your closest dance supply place and purchase tights (nude, suntan). Not too much of a selection but they're like teflon.

Yup. Concur.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    deadendpdeadendp Northeast Ohio Posts: 10,434
    FoxyRedLa said:

Ok thanks!!!!

Dead not sure - I heard Victoria was ending the clothing part of their stuff and just going back to bras and panties so I'll check it out! Thanks! Didn't even know they made hose.

Dance closet supply place?? Not sure what you're ... like "dance" supplies? Costume?

Thanks again!

It was back in 1998.
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
  • Options
    :lol:

I did check no hose on their site.
  • Options
    Here's a free tip:

Wash your face with ice water or simply rub and ice cube with a tsp of honey on the face. Beat an egg white until it peaks and brush onto your skin and let dry. You will feel the stretch in the skin. Wash face with icy cold water.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,827

Here's a free tip:

Wash your face with ice water or simply rub and ice cube with a tsp of honey on the face. Beat an egg white until it peaks and brush onto your skin and let dry. You will feel the stretch in the skin. Wash face with icy cold water.

And what will happen when we've tried your tip?

You will be minus one egg and some honey and your face will be cold.
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • Options
    AnnafalkAnnafalk Sweden Posts: 4,004

Here's a free tip:

Is this a routine you practice often Juggler ? Lol
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524

Here's a free tip:

=)

Coconut oil. Can't go wrong with it.
  • Options
    edited February 2017

Here's a free tip:

You will look five and a half months younger.

You're. Welcome.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    :giggle:
  • Options

Here's a free tip:

You're. Welcome.
    That's too much. I don't want to have to deal with getting carded again.

Have you got something that would make me look three months and twelve days younger?
  • Options

Here's a free tip:

You're. Welcome.

Have you got something that would make me look three months and twelve days younger?
    There's nothing that can be that specific.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    :rofl:
  • Options

Here's a free tip:

You're. Welcome.

There's nothing that can be that specific.
    So, you got nothing.
  • Options
    MalrothMalroth broken down chevrolet Posts: 2,485
    I just heard a news story that straight bangs for men are going to be the next big fashion statement.
    What about it ladies and man?

The worst of times..they don't phase me,
    even if I look and act really crazy.
  • Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,476
    edited February 2017
    already a big look with the bi-sexuals

Post edited by Wobbie on
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    AnnafalkAnnafalk Sweden Posts: 4,004
    Malroth said:

I just heard a news story that straight bangs for men are going to be the next big fashion statement.

Oh yeah, can a man look sexier? That's all I wanna know...:)
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,543
    edited March 2017
    I saw a video the other day of a guy who has apparently figured out a great natural teeth whitening solution, just with one brush. 1 part coconut oil (Hedo's fave!), 2 parts turmeric power, a dash of peppermint oil. Mix it up into a paste and brush with it. It supposedly safely works as well as whitening strips in just one brush every few weeks or whatever. I've tried whitening strips - they work, but they cause me a lot of tooth sensitivity, to the point where just air going over my teeth when I breathe hurts.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,543
    Malroth said:

That is pretty disgusting looking, lol. I am praying that doesn't catch on.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    RKCNDYRKCNDY Seattle, WA Posts: 31,013
    PJ_Soul said:

I saw a video the other day of a guy who has apparently figured out a great natural teeth whitening solution, just with one brush. a little scoop of coconut oil (Hedo's fave!), a dash of peppermint oil, and turmeric power. Mix it up into a paste and brush with it. It supposedly safely works as well as whitening strips in just one brush every few weeks or whatever. I've tried whitening strips - they work, but they cause me a lot of tooth sensitivity, to the point where just air going over my teeth when I breathe hurts.

So you're a mouth breather? :giggle:
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    Ladies.......Looking for a GENTLE body scrub? Who isn't? Amirite?!?!?!?!?!?

Mix a 2 to 1 ratio of olive oil and sea salt to make a quick and effective body scrub. This helps get rid of dead skin cells creating softer, more glowing skin. And this natural beauty tip is much cheaper that expensive store bought body scrubs.

Thank me later.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    whispering handswhispering hands Under your skin Posts: 13,527

Mix a 2 to 1 ratio of olive oil and sea salt to make a quick and effective body scrub. This helps get rid of dead skin cells creating softer, more glowing skin. And this natural beauty tip is much cheaper that expensive store bought body scrubs.

Thank me later.

This works better with Coconut oil, as it absorbs into the skin better. Olive oil is hard to use on skin because it's skien ratio is much higher, making it less soluble on skin. ( but is why it is so great for cooking.)
  • Options

Thank me later.

This works better with Coconut oil, as it absorbs into the skin better. Olive oil is hard to use on skin because it's skien ratio is much higher, making it less soluble on skin. ( but is why it is so great for cooking.)
    Please don't question my beauty tips.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    whispering handswhispering hands Under your skin Posts: 13,527

Thank me later.

Please don't question my beauty tips.
    Not questioning. Just offering a less sticky option to folks. :-)