Options

Knowing what you know now would you still support the withdrawal of troops from Iraq

Comments

• Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    BS44325 said:

Musky never accused any of you "knuckleheads" of not supporting the troops. Go back and read it. He was talking about Dirty's knowledge of what went on over there.

Sensitive much?

Perhaps you should go back and read it yourself.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,300
    edited May 2015
    BS44325 said:

Musky never accused any of you "knuckleheads" of not supporting the troops. Go back and read it. He was talking about Dirty's knowledge of what went on over there.

Sensitive much?

Off course he did & you just did it again ...You knucklehead
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    BS44325BS44325 Posts: 6,124
    rgambs said:

BS44325 said:

Sensitive much?

Just did.
  • Options

BS44325 said:

Sensitive much?

Nope.
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,727
    It was obviously inferred and we all know that but, no, not specifically stated as such. No use arguing the point though, is there?
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    InHiding80InHiding80 Upland,CA Posts: 7,623
    BS44325 said:

rgambs said:

BS44325 said:

Sensitive much?

Just did.
    Having Fox News translate it for you=/=reading.
  • Options
    BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

Sensitive much?

Nope.
    "I'm rubber you're glue/No,you/I know you are but what am I?" - The true sign of someone who lost the debate but won't admit it.
  • Options

BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

Sensitive much?

Nope.
    "I'm rubber you're glue/No,you/I know you are but what am I?" - The true sign of someone who lost the debate but won't admit it.
    As per Brian I am correct. Sorry champ.
  • Options
    brianlux said:

It was obviously inferred and we all know that but, no, not specifically stated as such. No use arguing the point though, is there?

Probably not but if we can't even agree on the contents of four clear as day sentences how can we agree on anything else? Musky stated that he was proud of what the troops did over there and that some of you were not. This is not complicated. Most have you have been arguing that you are not proud of the invasion, you are not proud of what our military did, that the US did more harm then good. This doesn't mean you don't support the troops and no one suggested otherwise. It is just another strawman argument built up so that people can play the victim card.
  • Options
    AafkeAafke Posts: 1,219
    edited May 2015
    BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

Sensitive much?

Nope.
    BS, this is pathetic, first of all, everything in this debate is based on second hand information... so it's all about perspective. You interpretation of the facts is very different from the interpretation of most of us, around here! That's fine with me, you have the right to see it your way, as well as others have the right to see it their way... But calling yourself a winner, and calling names to win the argument, is in my opinion not winning an argument, it is childish behavior, and bullying, How old are you?

First of all, Dirty Frank, thank you for your service. But I suppose your a Vet, that served a while ago. may I ask when you served, because it gives me a clue how resent your contribution is, regarding to the thankfulness of the Iraqi people. I do believe some of them were very thankful, but i do doubt if all of them were, and i doubt, in the light of current events if the people who were thankful back in the days are still thankful. I strongly believe the invasion of Iraq had nothing to do with helping the Iraqi people, although GWB wants us to believe that.

I strongly believe this war was started by GWB, because he lost face during 9/11 and the attack on Afganistan, because, Osama bin Laden wasn't captured as soon as he had hoped. Because of all his mistakes during this period, GWB had lost the faith of his people, and taking out an old enemy, which his father during his time in the white house was unable to take out, would be a great idea. The Muslim world became a great enemy after 9/11 and the frustration of not being able to take out ObL, was felt in all Western society. So what was a better way than taking out this old Muslim enemy? Saddam was only a way for GWB to once again get back the trust of his country, and make some profit on the side.... nothing more and nothing less!

You mentioned playing the victim card... In my opinion, it is you, who is playing this card!
    Post edited by Aafke on
    Waves_zps6b028461.jpg
    "The meeting of two personalities is like the contact of two chemical substances: if there is any reaction, both are transformed".- Carl Jung.
    "Art does not reproduce what we see; rather, it makes us see."- Paul Klee
  • Options
    Aafke said:

BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

Sensitive much?

Nope.
    BS, this is pathetic, first of all, everything in this debate is based on second hand information... so it's all about perspective. You interpretation of the facts is very different from the interpretation of most of us, around here! That's fine with me, you have the right to see it your way, as well as others have the right to see it their way... But calling yourself a winner, and calling names to win the argument, is in my opinion not winning an argument, it is childish behavior, and bullying, How old are you?

First of all, Dirty Frank, thank you for your service. But I suppose your a Vet, that served a while ago. may I ask when you served, because it gives me a clue how resent your contribution is, regarding to the thankfulness of the Iraqi people. I do believe some of them were very thankful, but i do doubt if all of them were, and i doubt, in the light of current events if the people who were thankful back in the days are still thankful. I strongly believe the invasion of Iraq had nothing to do with helping the Iraqi people, although GWB wants us to believe that.

I strongly believe this war was started by GWB, because he lost face during 9/11 and the attack on Afganistan, because, Osama bin Laden wasn't captured as soon as he had hoped. Because of all his mistakes during this period, GWB had lost the faith of his people, and taking out an old enemy, which his father during his time in the white house was unable to take out, would be a great idea. The Muslim world became a great enemy after 9/11 and the frustration of not being able to take out ObL, was felt in all Western society. So what was a better way than taking out this old Muslim enemy? Saddam was only a way for GWB to once again get back the trust of his country, and make some profit on the side.... nothing more and nothing less!

You mentioned playing the victim card... In my opinion, it is you, who is playing this card!
    I am sorry aafke but there is only one interpretation of muskydan's post and I am correct. That is what we are talking about here. Too many of you post without actually following the flow of the actual arguments being made. I have called nobody a name so I will not accept your baseless charge.

Now as far as your theory on why GWB invaded Iraq...it is just plainly illogical psychobabble. I apologize in advance if you consider that response to be of the bullying variety.
  • Options
    AafkeAafke Posts: 1,219
    edited May 2015
    As I stated before... You interpretation of the facts is very different from the interpretation of mine! That's fine with me, you have the right to see it your way, as well as I have the right to see it my way... In my opinion and yes, i have read all the post a couple of times, thank you very much... I might not be in the same flow as you are, and i probable never will be. Muskydan gave an opinion and all opinions are argumentative. See it as you wanna see it...
    Post edited by Aafke on
    Waves_zps6b028461.jpg
    "The meeting of two personalities is like the contact of two chemical substances: if there is any reaction, both are transformed".- Carl Jung.
    "Art does not reproduce what we see; rather, it makes us see."- Paul Klee
  • Options
    It totally blows my mind that we're having this discussion at all. We have not been justifiably involved in any wars in at least the last 70 years.

As for Musky's statement, let's hear from the man who wrote it. Tell us about it, Musky.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

• Options
    muskydanmuskydan Posts: 1,013
    brianlux said:

It totally blows my mind that we're having this discussion at all. We have not been justifiably involved in any wars in at least the last 70 years.

As for Musky's statement, let's hear from the man who wrote it. Tell us about it, Musky.

I sure will Bri, however I have much more important things to attend 2 like watching my Blackhawks. Go Hawks and Godbless every Vet on this glorious Menorial Day Weekend. Be safe everyone
  • Options
    muskydan said:

brianlux said:

I sure will Bri, however I have much more important things to attend 2 like watching my Blackhawks. Go Hawks and Godbless every Vet on this glorious Menorial Day Weekend. Be safe everyone
    As a Ducks fan, I don't approve of your post.
  • Options
    Last-12-ExitLast-12-Exit Charleston, SC Posts: 8,661
    brianlux said:

Afghanistan wasn't justifiable? Or the first gulf war?
  • Options

brianlux said:

No, I do not believe resource wars are justifiable.

• Options
    muskydan said:

brianlux said:

I was thrilled to see a Black-headed Grosbeak outside my window this morning so I guess you could say that's a win of sorts for Team Nature.

Think Peace this weekend, everyone. And yes, be safe.

• Options
    brianlux said:

brianlux said:

Maybe the first gulf war. But what resources do Afghanistan have? A little oil? I was then and still think Afghanistan was justified.
  • Options

brianlux said:

brianlux said:

Maybe the first gulf war. But what resources do Afghanistan have? A little oil? I was then and still think Afghanistan was justified.
    Mining, big time. Gold, copper, lithium, uranium, iron ore, cobalt, natural gas and, yes oil.

• Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    brianlux said:

brianlux said:

brianlux said:

Mining, big time. Gold, copper, lithium, uranium, iron ore, cobalt, natural gas and, yes oil.

Big boon for the heroin trade, but that was probably an unintended consequence... Though out govt has gotten up to such shenanigans before.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options
    rgambs said:

brianlux said:

brianlux said:

brianlux said:

Big boon for the heroin trade, but that was probably an unintended consequence... Though out govt has gotten up to such shenanigans before.
    Ah yes, the beautiful Papaver somniferum or "Opium Poppy". Used cautiously or under certain circumstances, that plant has marvelous properties. On the black market, though... "Goddamn the pusher man."

• Options
    muskydanmuskydan Posts: 1,013
    brianlux said:

So I see this got real stupid real quick from some of the sensitive ones on here. I still will never get how emotional people get about stuff that is written on a rock n roll Bands website. I will always support the opinion of a War Vet who saw with his own eyes over the opinion of people who have never been in a war or get their information from some stupid media source like the Guardian or the million other leftist blogs that preach non-sense about War and every other controversial topic. Does anyone really read those silly blog links that people post to support their argument anyway???
    It also looks like some people got their panties in a bunch because I used the word in general terms knuckleheads …..well boo- Fukin- huuu. Let's see, I have personally been called a Bigot, racist, to name a few off the top of my head and most recently in this thread a ASS-CLOWN. Name calling has never bothered me in any way shape or form anywhere. I have Been called every possible name in the book over the years. But where I come from ASS-CLOWN is a very derogatory word to a Gay man. I don't know what I have ever said to be described this way and it doesn't bother me in the least since some of the coolest kat's I know are Gay, but the source of the seems to be a very troubled individual in more ways than one so that need to be taken in account.
    So back to the important stuff, Thank you to Dirty again and anybody out there that served this wonderful Nation of ours and if you don't like it here GET THE FUCK OUT!!! Now get off your computer and enjoy this Memorial Day weekend with your family and Friends and if you see a Vet Thank them for the sacrifices they have made to allow you to have the right of a Opinion and the million other freedoms these men and woman have fought and and died for.
  • Options
    badbrainsbadbrains Posts: 10,255
    edited May 2015
    muskydan said:

brianlux said:

So I see this got real stupid real quick from some of the sensitive ones on here. I still will never get how emotional people get about stuff that is written on a rock n roll Bands website. I will always support the opinion of a War Vet who saw with his own eyes over the opinion of people who have never been in a war or get their information from some stupid media source like the Guardian or the million other leftist blogs that preach non-sense about War and every other controversial topic. Does anyone really read those silly blog links that people post to support their argument anyway???
    It also looks like some people got their panties in a bunch because I used the word in general terms knuckleheads …..well boo- Fukin- huuu. Let's see, I have personally been called a Bigot, racist, to name a few off the top of my head and most recently in this thread a ASS-CLOWN. Name calling has never bothered me in any way shape or form anywhere. I have Been called every possible name in the book over the years. But where I come from ASS-CLOWN is a very derogatory word to a Gay man. I don't know what I have ever said to be described this way and it doesn't bother me in the least since some of the coolest kat's I know are Gay, but the source of the seems to be a very troubled individual in more ways than one so that need to be taken in account.
    So back to the important stuff, Thank you to Dirty again and anybody out there that served this wonderful Nation of ours and if you don't like it here GET THE FUCK OUT!!! Now get off your computer and enjoy this Memorial Day weekend with your family and Friends and if you see a Vet Thank them for the sacrifices they have made to allow you to have the right of a Opinion and the million other freedoms these men and woman have fought and and died for.
    Sure thing ass clown. Gonna be going to the city to enjoy the Rangers/lightning game. I'm sure I'll thank a vet somewhere along the ways. And im sure the Rangers will do something special for the vets during the game. Oh and you are a bigot, just in case you forgot.

Edit-I have a gay family member, what's your point? We all have gay family/friends in this world.
    Post edited by badbrains on
  • Options
    I love how musky is trying to be a rat by not being a rat. Capitalizing the words I wrote hoping Kat or someone sees it and bans me. You're not as clever as you think you are oh Dan-o.
  • Options
    Def of ass-clown:

Making an ass out of yourself like a clown. Hence assclown. Where does it have to do with being gay?
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    badbrains said:

I love how musky is trying to be a rat by not being a rat. Capitalizing the words I wrote hoping Kat or someone sees it and bans me. You're not as clever as you think you are oh Dan-o.

For whatever it's worth, I don't want to see either of you banned.
  • Options
    hedonist said:

badbrains said:

I appreciate it hedonist, I don't want to get banned either. I just can't stand when someone like Dan comes on here and spews lie after lie. He's not who he makes himself out to being. All I'm gonna say is that not every story good old Dan-5-0 says is true. That's all I'm gonna say. And he knows it to.
  • Options
    badbrains said:

I love how musky is trying to be a rat by not being a rat. Capitalizing the words I wrote HOPING Kat or someone sees it and bans me. You're not as clever as you think you are oh Dan-o.

badbrains said:

hedonist said:

badbrains said:

I appreciate it hedonist, I don't want to get banned either. I just can't stand when someone like Dan comes on here and spews lie after lie. He's not who he makes himself out to being. All I'm gonna say is that not every story good old Dan-5-0 says is true. That's all I'm gonna say. And he knows it to.
    What?
  • Options
    callencallen Posts: 6,388
    Also know people that served in Iraq and you will get different opinions from different vets. So one opinion is just that. Do very much appreciate hearing from someone that was there.

I know people that served and they have inherent need to believe what they did was correct and warranted.

At this point knowing what we know now, we should clearly see that US or coalition of western troops has done nothing to help the situation and will not do anything going forward. We could go back in, clear out the baddies then what? Stay for 20 years? As soon as we leave back to square one or actually worse as we will have killed more of the indigenous people.

We are being fed continuos dose of propaganda to make us hate the other guys. Link BS posted above perfect example. Don't be a BS and suck that shit up.
    10-18-2000 Houston, 04-06-2003 Houston, 6-25-2003 Toronto, 10-8-2004 Kissimmee, 9-4-2005 Calgary, 12-3-05 Sao Paulo, 7-2-2006 Denver, 7-22-06 Gorge, 7-23-2006 Gorge, 9-13-2006 Bern, 6-22-2008 DC, 6-24-2008 MSG, 6-25-2008 MSG