Options

The National Football League

Comments

• Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,123
    The biggest mystery is how the Pats deflated the balls without being seen. My guess is that the answer lays within the ball itself. Balls that have already probably been destroyed by commissioner Goodell by now. (i.e. Trojan Horse)

Just a theory ....
  • Options
    Go Pats!!!

LanceArmstrong2003Tour.jpg
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,663
    Hahaha f5
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    If the Colts lost by a reasonable margin, this would be a big deal. But they didn't so it's not. It is pretty pathetic of the Pats though. Tampering with the equipment? That's tantamount to a pitcher scuffing the ball or a batter corking his bat in Baseball. Lame.
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    Hahaha f5

The saboteur still remains on the loose ... They may still lurk upon us.

My advice is to search among 10 C members that work for the state lotto ...

beastieboys-sabotage-3.jpg
  • Options
    Go Pats!!!

image164417x.jpg
  • Options
    Go Pats!!!

200.gif
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,255
    The nfl inflated the balls back up at halftime. If anyone should be pissed it's the Colts. The game was actually close when the balls were under inflated.

Didn't inflate the balls at half, tossed them and went to the Pats' back up dozen which they checked and all were within regulation.

Only way D'Qwell Jackson gets that pick is because of under inflated balls, Colts only hurt themselves.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,255
    g under p wrote: »
    The nfl inflated the balls back up at halftime. If anyone should be pissed it's the Colts. The game was actually close when the balls were under inflated.

Let me put my investigative mind to work: so if what you say is so and I've heard this on the radio also.....the NFL found out by halftime the balls were deflated then INFLATED them.

So when was it that they found out 11 of 12 balls were 20% deflated. If it was after the game they found out that means somehow the balls were deflated again when and where was that done and most importantly by whom. If Not if it was after the game the deflation didn't really factor into the game. The deflation was just in the first half when the Colts somewhat made it a game.

Now of this makes this whole comical event ok if the Patriots had there hands in the air deflation business. You cheat you pay the consequences.

Peace

No, at halftime they checked the original 12 balls and took them out of play, and checked the 12 back up balls (each team has a bag with 12 more) and those passed muster and they used those for 2nd half (that's why there was the short delay after 2nd half kickoff while they waited for a new ball from the back up dozen).

The remaining question is did Coleman use a gauge to check the original balls pre-game (as they did at half) or did he just give them a quick handling and pass them (which he'll never admit to cause he'd be in trouble), cause apparently that is par for the course with some refs.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    Last-12-ExitLast-12-Exit Charleston, SC Posts: 8,661
    It appears you guys are taking my sarcasm to seriously.
  • Options
    John-Harbaugh-Cheating-Asterisk-Patriots.gif
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,663
    Fuck the ravens. They get an asterix for life.
  • Options
    g under pg under p Surfing The far side of THE Sombrero Galaxy Posts: 18,125
    Poncier wrote: »
    g under p wrote: »

Let me put my investigative mind to work: so if what you say is so and I've heard this on the radio also.....the NFL found out by halftime the balls were deflated then INFLATED them.

So when was it that they found out 11 of 12 balls were 20% deflated. If it was after the game they found out that means somehow the balls were deflated again when and where was that done and most importantly by whom. If Not if it was after the game the deflation didn't really factor into the game. The deflation was just in the first half when the Colts somewhat made it a game.

Now of this makes this whole comical event ok if the Patriots had there hands in the air deflation business. You cheat you pay the consequences.

Peace

No, at halftime they checked the original 12 balls and took them out of play, and checked the 12 back up balls (each team has a bag with 12 more) and those passed muster and they used those for 2nd half (that's why there was the short delay after 2nd half kickoff while they waited for a new ball from the back up dozen).

The remaining question is did Coleman use a gauge to check the original balls pre-game (as they did at half) or did he just give them a quick handling and pass them (which he'll never admit to cause he'd be in trouble), cause apparently that is par for the course with some refs.

Even though this serious business that involves cheating/dishonesty etc, it's getting more and more comical to me. So then that means we KNOW that 20% of the air was removed from 11 of 12 of the original balls. Now the NFL must find out who handled and had access to the original balls after they were checked by the officials. Then find out if the handlers did this on their own or if a coach (BB) or player (TB) told him to shrink/deflate the balls by 20%.

If nobody fesses up, fire all the handlers then dish out the punishment to the team. Keeping in mind they may not have been able to find out specifically who ordered the shrinkage of the original balls after they were checked and up to specs.

Punishment: 2 draft picks, $1,000,000 fine and 3 years on Hard Knocks plus interviews after the each episodes from TB & BB.

Peace

*We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,612
    edited January 2015
    You really believe "handlers" could have possibly gone rogue acted alone?.. or that brady never detected a difference handling the balls every play. Also fishy that they were to the same specification.

We should also believe that belichick... a guy who is heralded as an all time great and is known to hsverify complete control and knowledge of everything in the organization.... had no idea?

I already know where this is going to go so it doesn't mstier snyway. The nfl will take the path of least resistance. They will find something faulty with the inspection process or equipment for that day. This would put this in the same category as the Aaron Rodgers thing.
    Post edited by MayDay10 on
  • Options
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,324
    Whoa--I went to high school with the Browns new offensive coordinator! Pretty cool
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Whoa--I went to high school with the Browns new offensive coordinator! Pretty cool

Does he know who you are?
  • Options

yeah. haven't seen the guy since high school but i just wished him well on facebook. haha
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Maybe you can get a ticket hook up.
  • Options

yeah. haven't seen the guy since high school but i just wished him well on facebook. haha

That is a pretty sweet connection. I wish him the best of luck and am amazed he got an OC job @ the NFL level with his resume. QB coach for the Raiders for the past bunch of years?
    Good for him, hope he does well. Managing Johnny Fuckstick is going to be a challenge.
  • Options
    Just read the news of Mike McCarthy's brother. Wow, that is awful. I was just thinking this AM that the best thing to come out of this stupid deflategate is that everyone is off McCarthy's back.
    Then I read this AM that his brother unexpectedly died yesterday.
    Thoughts to him and his family.
  • Options

That is a pretty sweet connection. I wish him the best of luck and am amazed he got an OC job @ the NFL level with his resume. QB coach for the Raiders for the past bunch of years?
    Good for him, hope he does well. Managing Johnny Fuckstick is going to be a challenge.

well pettine is also a local philly guy. and deflippo's dad was the villanova ad when we were in high school so he may have some extra connections others his age/experience don't....
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Lane Kiffin keeps getting work so we know family connections can be huge.
  • Options
    Lane Kiffin keeps getting work so we know family connections can be huge.

true...
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Amongst the AniAmongst the Ani @Wobbie Posts: 7,790
    There was a great article yesterday going over why we are seeing so many re-treads as OC (Musgrave anyone?) getting hired. The writers theory was all the head coach promotiions over the last 5 to 10 years have all been most offense and with teams hiring younger and younger head coaches the pool of up and coming inventive offensive coaches is empty. That mixed with college salaries now equaling or being close to the NFL those young guys are staying there where they can run more inventive stuff the NFL is not ready for,
    Tom Brady & Donald Trump, BFF's
    Fuckus rules all
    Rob
    Seattle
  • Options
    MayDay10 wrote: »
    You really believe "handlers" could have possibly gone rogue acted alone?.. or that brady never detected a difference handling the balls every play. Also fishy that they were to the same specification.

We should also believe that belichick... a guy who is heralded as an all time great and is known to hsverify complete control and knowledge of everything in the organization.... had no idea?

I already know where this is going to go so it doesn't mstier snyway. The nfl will take the path of least resistance. They will find something faulty with the inspection process or equipment for that day. This would put this in the same category as the Aaron Rodgers thing.

In these cases ANYTHING Is possible. It's possible ball boys could have done this on their own....it's unlikely but possible. It's possible that this could have been done to make it look like a Patriot team personnel did this. I said they the NFL need to find out what actually happened and who did what and when. It's likely the QB TB has some say in all this, Hes the one going to throw the damn ball so he should be the one talking about this like Rogers has done.

How do you know BB KNOWS everything that deals with ball pressure for a game, that's an assumption by you I'm not going there. Just find out what went down then punish the team in a fitting way....that's all.

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• Options
    Amongst the AniAmongst the Ani @Wobbie Posts: 7,790
    After hearing BB's press conference yesterday I believe him. He partially threw Brady under the bus which gains him nothing unless he is telling the actual truth. The morning local espn guy here played for BB when he was a young assistant and said even back then BB could care less about trivial things like ball pressure. He has expectations on every player and they are the ones responsible to do whatever it takes to meet them. If anyone would have had balls deflated it would have been Brady.
    Tom Brady & Donald Trump, BFF's
    Fuckus rules all
    Rob
    Seattle
  • Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,612
    he also said he knows nothing about ball pressure.... but also went on to say that he manipulates it for practice and tries to make it harder on his players.... which seems like a contradiction.
  • Options
    he also said he knows nothing about ball pressure.... but also went on to say that he manipulates it for practice and tries to make it harder on his players.... which seems like a contradiction.

Not what he said:

After his brief initial remarks to open the presser. Belichick went into great detail about how footballs are dealt with in Patriots practices.

"Let me just say that my personal coaching philosophy and my mentality has always been to been to make things as difficult as possible for players in practice," Belichick said. "So with regard to footballs, I'm sure that any current or past player of mine will tell you that the balls we practice with are as bad as they can be. Wet. Sticky. Cold. Slippery. However bad we can make 'em, I make 'em.

"And any time players complain about the quality of the footballs, I make them worse. And that stops the complaint. So we never use the condition of the footballs as an excuse. We play with whatever, or kick with whatever we have to use and that’s the way it is. That has never been a priority for me and I want the players to deal with a harder situation in practice than they’ll ever have to deal with in the game and maybe that’s part of our whole ball security philosophy. I’m trying to coach the team and that’s what I want to do... I really can't think of anything I would have done differently based on what I knew then, based on what I know now. I told you the one change we did make in the initial start level of football pressure, but that's really about it. It's unfortunate that this is a story coming off two great playoff victories by our football team and our players."

http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/extra_points/2015/01/bill_belichick_on_deflategate.html?p1=feature_pri_hp#comments

Also, I've heard that the balls are under the NFL's purview from the 2:15 minutes to game time, when inspected until 2 minutes to game time when they're turned over to the ball boy personnel (don't know if this is true). Who or how do 11 of 12 balls get deflated in 2 minutes on a sideline with a ton of activity, security and cameras, network and NFL cameras? Until the "how" gets answered, if it can be, everything is conjecture, speculation and in my mind, a contrived controversy because the big, bad Bill Belichick and the Patriots are once again going to the Super Bowl. Follow the money.

As a Patriots fan I'm disappointed and angry and will be pissed if this drags out and is inconclusive and/or if the Patriots are found to have deliberately deflated the balls. The NFL needs to get their quality control shit together.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    edited January 2015

Not what he said:

After his brief initial remarks to open the presser. Belichick went into great detail about how footballs are dealt with in Patriots practices.

"Let me just say that my personal coaching philosophy and my mentality has always been to been to make things as difficult as possible for players in practice," Belichick said. "So with regard to footballs, I'm sure that any current or past player of mine will tell you that the balls we practice with are as bad as they can be. Wet. Sticky. Cold. Slippery. However bad we can make 'em, I make 'em.

"And any time players complain about the quality of the footballs, I make them worse. And that stops the complaint. So we never use the condition of the footballs as an excuse. We play with whatever, or kick with whatever we have to use and that’s the way it is. That has never been a priority for me and I want the players to deal with a harder situation in practice than they’ll ever have to deal with in the game and maybe that’s part of our whole ball security philosophy. I’m trying to coach the team and that’s what I want to do... I really can't think of anything I would have done differently based on what I knew then, based on what I know now. I told you the one change we did make in the initial start level of football pressure, but that's really about it. It's unfortunate that this is a story coming off two great playoff victories by our football team and our players."

http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/extra_points/2015/01/bill_belichick_on_deflategate.html?p1=feature_pri_hp#comments

Also, I've heard that the balls are under the NFL's purview from the 2:15 minutes to game time, when inspected until 2 minutes to game time when they're turned over to the ball boy personnel (don't know if this is true). Who or how do 11 of 12 balls get deflated in 2 minutes on a sideline with a ton of activity, security and cameras, network and NFL cameras? Until the "how" gets answered, if it can be, everything is conjecture, speculation and in my mind, a contrived controversy because the big, bad Bill Belichick and the Patriots are once again going to the Super Bowl. Follow the money.

As a Patriots fan I'm disappointed and angry and will be pissed if this drags out and is inconclusive and/or if the Patriots are found to have deliberately deflated the balls. The NFL needs to get their quality control shit together.

I have to say I like that player philosophy.

Peace
    Post edited by g under p on