The National Football League

Comments

• No, I don't gamble other than a few Super Bowl squares and an annual bet in Vegas, regardless of odds and prior to the start of the season, on the Pats and Sox to win it all. Seattle cheated. No doubt about it. You don't score 15 with 4 to play and win the game without cheating.

So what you are saying is that if this was the Pats instead of the Seahawks they still would have had to have cheated to win.......and what the fuck does Oakland have to do with anything.
    Anything you lose from being honest
    You never really had to begin with.

Sometimes it's not the song that makes you emotional it's the people and things that come to your mind when you hear it.
  • No, the Seahawks cheated. I'm not making a comparison. They cheated.

Oakland=Daryl Stingley in a wheel chair. Fuck Oakland.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN; 05/04/2024 & 05/06/2024, Vancouver, BC; 05/10/2024, Portland, OR;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • No, the Seahawks cheated. I'm not making a comparison. They cheated.

Oakland=Daryl Stingley in a wheel chair. Fuck Oakland.

Ahhhh I see, so what you are really saying is you hate the Seahawks :-D
    Also I must admit that I don't watch football enough to get the Oakland reference, but ok if you say so.
    Anything you lose from being honest
    You never really had to begin with.

Sometimes it's not the song that makes you emotional it's the people and things that come to your mind when you hear it.
  • g under pg under p Posts: 18,169
    No, I don't gamble other than a few Super Bowl squares and an annual bet in Vegas, regardless of odds and prior to the start of the season, on the Pats and Sox to win it all. Seattle cheated. No doubt about it. You don't score 15 with 4 to play and win the game without cheating.

So what you are saying is that if this was the Pats instead of the Seahawks they still would have had to have cheated to win.......and what the fuck does Oakland have to do with anything.

I think he might be referencing to Oakland and THE HIT Jack Tatum put on Daryl Stingley. I watched that game at the time and it made me cringe, the hit compressed his neck basically snapping his spinal cord. He was parayalized from that moment until he died a few years ago.

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,665
    edited January 2015
    I admit to being a biased and having sour grapes...

But I cant help to be very skeptical of the Patriots' success. Its been brought to the front of my attention again by their "strategy" last week (legal, but a bit creatively dirty) and this ball deflation thing. Little things, but you have to wonder how many little things there are that add up to a large sum... How many of those MLB players who were caught do you believe only took the steroids/HGH the "one time" they were caught? Im sure those guys relied on the drugs, and a number of them "broke down" once serious testing started.

The Patriots games I watched this season. Bills, Broncos, Colts x2, Ravens, and Bengals... it just seems that Brady "guesses" correctly at the line at a 90% clip. Zone defense or blitz, quick sideline to Edelman (or Welker on slant). Man defense, seam to Gronk or sometimes Amendola/LaFell. Back in coverage, run to Blount, Vereen, Ridley, Gray it doesnt matter who. Its a very small battery of pre-scripted plays that seem to work despite the year or cast of characters... mainly because they "guess correctly" a ridiculous % of the time. Its not like Brady is constantly extending plays with athleticism, going through reads, etc... its all choreographed plays and always has been. Even with Matt Cassell the Patriots were among the highest scoring teams.

Maybe they are just that good. And "spygate" was one tiny thing (despite a lot of smoke that suggests a wider and more sinister racket that spanned a lot of years), and ball deflation was a mistake, and a crazed fan was taping the offensive signals to Ted Johnson's locker, and their circumvention of the IR system is just typical... and thats all there is. Its possible.

I think it is totally valid to be skeptical of it all though to some degree. All the talent that they let erode, botched drafts, huge injuries, yet they manage playoff byes for nearly 2 decades. You look at the team on paper and it really isn't all that good. But then it easily gets shrugged away "because Belichick and Brady". Why wouldn't they risk a $100,000 fine and the loss of a 1st round draft pick to motor a 2 decade "dynasty" and push the envelope? Why would the NFL really come down meaningfully on them and bring into question the integrity of their product and the Super Bowl? It isn't in their interest either, and the way the NFL does things is try to make them go away as painlessly as possible.
    Post edited by MayDay10 on
  • Fangio to Bears. Nice pull! Great DC, you guys are going to like him.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Amongst the AniAmongst the Ani Posts: 7,790
    edited January 2015
    Brilliant signing by the Bears to get Fangio. He will improve that defense immensely. Maybe not year 1 as I imagine the conversion to a 3/4 will take some time but Fangio is a stud. Patrick Willis when pointing to the sky after huge plays was pointing at the booth to Fangio. Willis said he didn't need to practice during the week for the most part. Fangio gives each position group a cheat sheet on Fridays and that cheat sheet was all he needed. Fangio is a monster and out of everything going on in SF this offseason his loss is the one that stings the worst.
    Tom Brady & Donald Trump, BFF's
    Fuckus rules all
    Rob
    Seattle
  • Last-12-ExitLast-12-Exit Posts: 8,661
    Every team cheat somehow, someway. Even in college. The patriots get the attention because they win. Nobody cares if Tampa Bay cheats. But let the patriots ball boy throw an under inflated ball in the game and all of a sudden the pats wouldn't win without cheating. Come on.

So pumped to get Fangio! He'll have his hands full with that defense, but I'm sure we'll see an immediate improvement.

Why didnt' the 49ers want him as head coach? Seems odd that they promoted the DL coach and not the D-coordinator. Sounds like they were looking for a yes man. What the hell is going on with that front office?
  • ^^^^ They wanted a yes man. After the GM and owner having to deal with Harbs that seemed to be the top priority to them. It also had to do with the team being undisciplined. Penalties sky rocketed this last season and they were not happy with how Habs handled the Aldon Smith and Ray Mcdonald issues. That was why the owner kept saying they want to win with class. It was a stab at Harbs.

So far as passing over Fangio for head coach it didn't bug me as much. We have seen with Norv Turner not every great coordinator will be a good head coach. The fact Fangio despite being a top DC in football never got interviews with other teams to be HC was telling he wasn't viewed by others as HC material. Neither was Tomsula though.
    Fuckus rules all
    Rob
    Seattle
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,612
    MayDay10 wrote: »
    . You look at the team on paper and it really isn't all that good.

Right, the team with a top 5 all time QB, the best TE in the game today, best corner in the league the past decade, a defense which has 5 first rounders and a pair of 2nd rounders among the starting 11 "Isn't all that good" on paper.
    This weekend we rock Portland

So pumped to get Fangio! He'll have his hands full with that defense, but I'm sure we'll see an immediate improvement.

Why didnt' the 49ers want him as head coach? Seems odd that they promoted the DL coach and not the D-coordinator. Sounds like they were looking for a yes man. What the hell is going on with that front office?

They would rather have some stuttering cave man sounding guy who has coached D Line forever and will be their butt puppet than a proven DC who could be an excellent HC and would not do anything they asked w/o questions.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • cdysinge wrote: »
    ^^^^ They wanted a yes man. After the GM and owner having to deal with Harbs that seemed to be the top priority to them. It also had to do with the team being undisciplined. Penalties sky rocketed this last season and they were not happy with how Habs handled the Aldon Smith and Ray Mcdonald issues. That was why the owner kept saying they want to win with class. It was a stab at Harbs.

So far as passing over Fangio for head coach it didn't bug me as much. We have seen with Norv Turner not every great coordinator will be a good head coach. The fact Fangio despite being a top DC in football never got interviews with other teams to be HC was telling he wasn't viewed by others as HC material. Neither was Tomsula though.

Still can't believe they got rid of Harbaugh. As far as the Smith/McDonald issues, was that solely Harbaugh's choice on how to handle that? I figure that would be something that Harbaugh and the front office would decide together. It's still just crazy to me that they would be so eager to get rid of a guy that had his type of success. I understand they didn't see eye to eye, but shit, I couldn't imagine how pissed off I would be if the Bears got rid of a coach like that.
    Anyone else think Doug Marone is the biggest fool in football? He really should fire his agent. Or whoever is giving him advice.
  • JimmyVJimmyV Posts: 19,110
    edited January 2015
    Jim Nantz and Phil Simms casually discussed Aaron Rodgers overinflating footballs during a nationally televized game earlier this year. Did it become #InflateGate? Of course not. That would be ridiculous.

http://espn.go.com/blog/new-england-patriots/post/_/id/4776728/jim-nantz-phil-simms-discussion-adds-context-to-deflated-football-talk?ex_cid=espnapi_public

With all the talk about deflated footballs, an exchange on the CBS broadcast of the New England Patriots' road game against the Green Bay Packers on Nov. 30 seems timely to pass along.

Early in the third quarter, Jim Nantz and Phil Simms had the following discussion on the broadcast:

Nantz: We talked to [Aaron] Rodgers about 'How do you like your footballs?' Because, you know, you can rub them up before the game. [Phil], you really kind of created that for everybody else in the league.

Simms: I don’t know if I did, because the quarterbacks got tired of them complaining. But he said something [that] was unique: 'I like to push the limit to how much air we can put in the football, even go over what they allow you to do and see if the officials take air out of it.' Because he thinks it’s easier for him to grip. He likes them tight. Of course, he’s got very big hands and you can tell that by watching him play.

Nantz: You’ve never heard of a guy really desiring a football to be fat and overinflated before, have you?

Simms: Everybody wants it smaller and soft, so they can dig their fingers into. He’s such a feel thrower. You can tell. The one touchdown he threw down the field to the tight end is such feel; then he flicks it. That shows you he just has great control of it, with his fingers and hand.

Nantz: He said, 'God gave me big hands and a strong grip.'

Simms: You know, the officials do check those footballs and sometimes maybe even get lucky and put an extra half pound of air in there to help Aaron Rodgers out.
    Post edited by JimmyV on

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
    well the Jags got a great OL coach... not at all.
  • cdysinge wrote: »
    ^^^^ They wanted a yes man. After the GM and owner having to deal with Harbs that seemed to be the top priority to them. It also had to do with the team being undisciplined. Penalties sky rocketed this last season and they were not happy with how Habs handled the Aldon Smith and Ray Mcdonald issues. That was why the owner kept saying they want to win with class. It was a stab at Harbs.

Still can't believe they got rid of Harbaugh. As far as the Smith/McDonald issues, was that solely Harbaugh's choice on how to handle that? I figure that would be something that Harbaugh and the front office would decide together. It's still just crazy to me that they would be so eager to get rid of a guy that had his type of success. I understand they didn't see eye to eye, but shit, I couldn't imagine how pissed off I would be if the Bears got rid of a coach like that.

They are scapegoating Harbaugh for Aldon Smith and Mcdonald saying he coddled them when he should have done more with discipline. To me as well that is BS. If York called Baalke and told him to inactivate Mcdonald what would Harbs have done. Nothing. Baalke has control of the roster. For Aldon Smith it was the GM/Owners fault. They originally said they wouldn't pick up his 5th year option due to the off the field issues. When the final day came where they had to decline/pick it up despite saying publicly they wouldn't they sure as shit picked it up. Harbaugh may have lobbied to have it picked up but he didn't have the authority to actually do it.
    Fuckus rules all
    Rob
    Seattle
  • Anyone else think Doug Marone is the biggest fool in football? He really should fire his agent. Or whoever is giving him advice.

Obviously it's a demotion, but didn't he guarantee himself $4M by opting out of his contract?
    Anyone else think Doug Marone is the biggest fool in football? He really should fire his agent. Or whoever is giving him advice.

Obviously it's a demotion, but didn't he guarantee himself $4M by opting out of his contract?

How did he guarantee $4 million? Buffalo doesn't have to pay him for opting out. He thought he'd be the hottest coach on the market. He looks silly for quitting a head coaching position on a team going up for an assistant job for a team going nowhere fast.
  • Anyone else think they shouldn't wait 2 weeks to play the Super Bowl?
    Another habit says it's in love with you
    Another habit says its long overdue
    Another habit like an unwanted friend
    I'm so happy with my righteous self
  • JK_LivinJK_Livin Posts: 7,365
    edited January 2015

How did he guarantee $4 million? Buffalo doesn't have to pay him for opting out. He thought he'd be the hottest coach on the market. He looks silly for quitting a head coaching position on a team going up for an assistant job for a team going nowhere fast.

He had a $4mil opt out. He's getting paid by Buffalo no matter what else he does this year. Who's laughing now?
    The new owner could have fired him and owed him nothing after a certain date. Marrone didn't get a commitment from him so he took his $4mil and ran.
    Post edited by JK_Livin on
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
    JK_Livin wrote: »

He had a $4mil opt out. He's getting paid by Buffalo no matter what else he does this year. Who's laughing now?
    The new owner could have fired him and owed him nothing after a certain date. Marrone didn't get a commitment from him so he took his $4mil and ran.

Gotchya. But wouldn't you rather be a head coach rather than an assistant?
  • davidtriosdavidtrios Posts: 9,732
    Ravens hired former Bears HC Marc Trestman as OC, per source.
    IDIOTS!
    edited January 2015

Gotchya. But wouldn't you rather be a head coach rather than an assistant?

I understand what your saying but he could've been fired after all or most jobs have been filled with zero compensation. He gambled that he would get a better job but he still gets the money.
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer

He would have owed him $8 million in that case.

It seems that Marrone, his agent, Schefter (who uses the same agent) and LaCanfora thought they could make a powerplay and hype Marrone up into a lucrative extension and increased power over personnel... if not, opt out and get a HC spot with NYJ. Schefter was certainly playing gopher through the media. It looked fishy when it was first being reported.

The guy has $4 million bucks. Not bad. But IMO with the way he went out along with the shit slinging that occurred back and forth, as well as his falling on his face on the Jets interview which 'appeared' to be a sure thing... I think the guy fucked his head coaching career in the NFL

It seems that Marrone, his agent, Schefter (who uses the same agent) and LaCanfora thought they could make a powerplay and hype Marrone up into a lucrative extension and increased power over personnel... if not, opt out and get a HC spot with NYJ. Schefter was certainly playing gopher through the media. It looked fishy when it was first being reported.

The guy has $4 million bucks. Not bad. But IMO with the way he went out along with the shit slinging that occurred back and forth, as well as his falling on his face on the Jets interview which 'appeared' to be a sure thing... I think the guy fucked his head coaching career in the NFL
    Your saying he was making $8mil a year?
    Tom O.
    -The Writer

I agree. Who's going to hire a coach that's just going g to quit because he didn't like his new bosses. I don't see him getting another opportunity.

Your saying he was making $8mil a year?

No. He had 2 years left at $4 million per. If they fired him now, they would owe him all 8. I believe they had intended to keep him for this season and see where it goes and if he and Hackett could turn the maligned offense around.
    Marrone I feel was fed some bad information from his agent. He went to the Bills and wanted an extension and also more control (he and the GM Whaley were at odds at times). He thought if not, he would be a shoe-in for the Jets job. The NY Media castrated him and apparently he flopped his interview.
  • davidtrios wrote: »
    IDIOTS!

LOL. I hope Baltimore enjoys that dipshit. Can't believe anyone would hire him after the complete disaster he turned the Bears into.
    davidtrios wrote: »
    IDIOTS!

Suckers!