Options

THE WALKING DEAD...and all things zombie

Comments

• Options
    mca47mca47 Posts: 13,256
    I know the new villain is going to be scary, ruthless and tough, but it's just a repeat of the governor. I've heard the new guy makes the governor look like a pussy compared to him, but again...same shit.
    It seems like after the first 2 seasons, the show has focused mostly on people being the problem with the zombies being a secondary thing now. It's almost like the zombies are more of a nuisance now as opposed to an actual threat.
    I much preferred it back when they were trying to survive. Now, they find a shelter or sanctuary, 5-6 episodes later some bad guys want it, mix in a heard of zombies...because afterall...it's still sort of a zombie show, it falls, they move on to the next one.
    The hordes of zombies from time to time can be scary for them, but they also now have an army's worth of weapons and ammo....and can STILL just walk away from them.
    The show needs to do something new. I've been watching since season 3 because it's mindless entertainment that on occasion made me excited. Now, it's almost "well, there's nothing else on, so let's watch that DVRd Walking Dead episode from the other night".
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,833
    mca47 said:

I know the new villain is going to be scary, ruthless and tough, but it's just a repeat of the governor. I've heard the new guy makes the governor look like a pussy compared to him, but again...same shit.
    It seems like after the first 2 seasons, the show has focused mostly on people being the problem with the zombies being a secondary thing now. It's almost like the zombies are more of a nuisance now as opposed to an actual threat.
    I much preferred it back when they were trying to survive. Now, they find a shelter or sanctuary, 5-6 episodes later some bad guys want it, mix in a heard of zombies...because afterall...it's still sort of a zombie show, it falls, they move on to the next one.
    The hordes of zombies from time to time can be scary for them, but they also now have an army's worth of weapons and ammo....and can STILL just walk away from them.
    The show needs to do something new. I've been watching since season 3 because it's mindless entertainment that on occasion made me excited. Now, it's almost "well, there's nothing else on, so let's watch that DVRd Walking Dead episode from the other night".

well, in all honesty, it's probably the closest thing that may actually happen if it were to be real. all apocalyptic shows/movies end up having bad asses as leaders; why? they are the ones you follow because you are able to survive. for a while there rick just sliced and diced anything without provocation. ruthless leaders rise to the top in a lawless world. so it's totally believable that these characters are true to form. one of the central themes of the show is, and always has been, "how can rick manage the balance between effective leader and moral human being?".

if they found a safe place to live and have fun, the show would be pretty boring! LOL

Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    I think they should have the zombie "disease" mutate so when one becomes one and are otherwise "healthy" and not ripped to shreds, they are like super zombies. Fast, smarter, stronger...something. It would make the living view the zombies as an actual threat again.
  • Options
    mca47 said:

I think they should have the zombie "disease" mutate so when one becomes one and are otherwise "healthy" and not ripped to shreds, they are like super zombies. Fast, smarter, stronger...something. It would make the living view the zombies as an actual threat again.

weird, I was JUST thinking this same thing, but my mutation was that shooting them in the head no longer killed them.

Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    Sprunkn7Sprunkn7 Posts: 5,277
    Well, I was happy when Lori died b/c she was annoying. And I was thrilled as all get out when Shane bit it. But I felt awful about Andrea...some of the great people in "reality" have to get knocked off. it's the only thing that will move the show forward.
    And really, there needs to be more humping going on...who wants to die at any minute with no romance happening???
    A mutation would be sweet...like Zombies in Znation?
    Thank you fellow 10 clubber for saving my ass....again!!!
  • Options
    When Andrea died, I threw a party and everyone was invited. It was the "Thank god we don't have to see Andrea's annoying bitchy face anymore" party! I was a big hit! hahahaha
    I hated her from day one!

But yeah, there definitely is a lack of "humping". I mean, what are the odds really that you're going to have a group of people in the apocalypse with that many good looking girls? Maybe they are afraid of getting preggo. Though, I guess if you can stockpile an army's worth of guns, you can probably find some condoms somewhere....ha!
  • Options
    mca47 said:

When Andrea died, I threw a party and everyone was invited. It was the "Thank god we don't have to see Andrea's annoying bitchy face anymore" party! I was a big hit! hahahaha
    I hated her from day one!

But yeah, there definitely is a lack of "humping". I mean, what are the odds really that you're going to have a group of people in the apocalypse with that many good looking girls? Maybe they are afraid of getting preggo. Though, I guess if you can stockpile an army's worth of guns, you can probably find some condoms somewhere....ha!

I was at that party. I hated Andrea and her bitchiness from day one as well.
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    dudemandudeman Posts: 2,976
    I lost respect for her when she let her sister turn. She knew it was coming. She should have prevented it out of respect for a loved one.
    If hope can grow from dirt like me, it can be done. - EV
  • Options
    RiverrunnerRiverrunner Posts: 2,419
    Andrea was not likable in the beginning, but I think she redeemed herself later on. I was very sorry to see her go. Blonde women die at the same rate as black men on TWD.
    The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way it treats its animals. Ghandi
  • Options
    dudeman said:

I lost respect for her when she let her sister turn. She knew it was coming. She should have prevented it out of respect for a loved one.

so you think she should have put a knife in her sister's brain when she was still alive?

Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    LOL...No Andrea love! Oh well. At first when she wanted to get blown up at the CDC I was like ok...she can go. But then I liked her after that.
    I can see them doing a sweep of main peeps and bringing some new ones in. I would want Rick, Carl, Judith, Carol and Daryl to stay. If Glenn goes I would feel too bad for Maggie so better she goes with him. Morgan is pissing me off but he was from episode one so if he gets past this all life is precious thing he's be bad ass.
  • Options

dudeman said:

so you think she should have put a knife in her sister's brain when she was still alive?

No. The time period between when she died and when she turned. It took all night, IIRC.
  • Options
    rival.rival. Chicago Posts: 7,776
    yeah, the last few episodes were pretty meh. they were trying to push the characters in alexendria on the viewers a bit too much and there is really no one in that community that is really that memorable or interesting. all very disposable in my opinion. but now that they are on the road again, hopefully there will be more focus on the core characters.

maggie has become disposable in my opinion. with her decreased screen time, i wonder if she will be the next core character to get killed off. wouldn't miss her.

• Options
    dudeman said:

dudeman said:

No. The time period between when she died and when she turned. It took all night, IIRC.
    oh, yeah, true. I think they probably did that for dramatic effect and nothing more.

Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    My list...

I hate the following characters and want them ripped apart by zombies:
    Eugene
    Gabriel
    Carl
    Jessie (blondie)

The following can live or die...who the hell cares:
    Glenn
    Maggie
    Sasha
    Tara
    Rosita
    Morgan
    Aaron

The following can stay:
    Rick (though a few times I've had him in the group above)
    Daryl
    Michone
    Carol
    Abraham (yeah, I kind of like that guy)
  • Options
    mca47 said:

My list...

Eugene
    Gabriel
    Carl
    Jessie (blondie)

Glenn
    Maggie
    Sasha
    Tara
    Rosita
    Morgan
    Aaron

The following can stay:
    Daryl
    Michone
    Carol

I love Jessie. probably has something to do with her rocking the grunge look. LOL

Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,883
    mca47 said:

".

Negan and the saviors are nothing like the Governor and his group. Not same at all.
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • Options
    Mother Dick!

Abraham is awesome.
  • Options

mca47 said:

".

Negan and the saviors are nothing like the Governor and his group. Not same at all.
    Alright...if you say so. The idea of him just doesn't do much for me.
  • Options

mca47 said:

My list...

Eugene
    Gabriel
    Carl
    Jessie (blondie)

Glenn
    Maggie
    Sasha
    Tara
    Rosita
    Morgan
    Aaron

The following can stay:
    Daryl
    Michone
    Carol

I love Jessie. probably has something to do with her rocking the grunge look. LOL

Yeah, she's pretty cute, but i think she's annoying and her kid is weird. You can add the kid to the list too. ha
  • Options
    I think we should boycott The Badlands...they FORCE you to watch it between TWD and TD...Not that it matters right now but I'm just sayin.
  • Options
    RiverrunnerRiverrunner Posts: 2,419
    I'm watching Trailer Park Boys on Netflix. Seriously.
    The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way it treats its animals. Ghandi
  • Options
    TalonTeddTalonTedd Toronto Posts: 835
    I'm PVRing the Badlands for now. I'm on your side. It playing between TWD and TD has me miffed. But I gotta say, I like the premise and the themes I've seen in Bad(lands). I pretty sure I'll watch Bad binge style.
    Someone has got to either reprogram Morgan or donate him to organs R us, piece by piece. He has got to be dealt with and soon. I think Carol will die in the next episode...F'n love TWD.
    I remember when, yeah. I swore I knew everything, oh yeah.
  • Options
    Sunday night!

Did anyone else binge watch the first half of this season?

I'm dying to know what happened after Sam started talking while the group was in the middle of the herd.
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,891
    dudeman said:

Sunday night!

Did anyone else binge watch the first half of this season?

I'm dying to know what happened after Sam started talking while the group was in the middle of the herd.

:smiley:
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    This is what I call a great Valentines Day! Settling in tonight to watch TWD and hopefully see Sam get eaten :kiss:
  • Options
    Sam's lucky that Carol isn't the one walking behind him. She would have knifed him as soon as he opened his mouth.
  • Options
    40 more minutes. Time to put on the the last 1/2 hour of last season to remind me how annoying that kid is.
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,891
    image first half has been very intense!
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    NamiNami Newfoundland Posts: 5,989

image first half has been very intense!

thats an understatement hehe
    Hamilton 9-13-05; Toronto 5-9-06, Toronto 8-21-09, Toronto 9-12-11, Hamilton 9-15-11....