Options

THE WALKING DEAD...and all things zombie

Comments

• Options
    rival.rival. Chicago Posts: 7,776
    That episode did exactly what it had to do.

Reunited the entire group, took the community back, and Carl FINALLY lost that eye!
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,975
    Nami said:

image first half has been very intense!

thats an understatement hehe
    well didn't want to spoil it too much :lol:

that was one of the better episodes in a looong time.
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    NamiNami Newfoundland Posts: 5,989

Nami said:

agreed great show
    on another note... im gonna have to start watching better call Saul.
    Hamilton 9-13-05; Toronto 5-9-06, Toronto 8-21-09, Toronto 9-12-11, Hamilton 9-15-11....
  • Options
    Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    Is it me or did I not see how Coral lost his eye?
    A shame they killed off the blonde.
    And all this time I thought the guy in the beginning was Negan....weird stuff.
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • Options
    edited February 2016
    blondies son gun went off in the direction of carl. I assumed he got hit .... but you think he be dead if that the case
    Post edited by Nami on
    Hamilton 9-13-05; Toronto 5-9-06, Toronto 8-21-09, Toronto 9-12-11, Hamilton 9-15-11....
  • Options
    Sprunkn7Sprunkn7 Posts: 5,277

Nami said:

That was def the best in a long time! Episodes like that make me happy I don't know where the comics went. No idea Carl was going to lose an eye!
    Loved talking Dead too. Chris..happy two of those people finally nutted up lol.
    Thank you fellow 10 clubber for saving my ass....again!!!
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,975
    Sprunkn7 said:

Nami said:

That was def the best in a long time! Episodes like that make me happy I don't know where the comics went. No idea Carl was going to lose an eye!
    Loved talking Dead too. Chris..happy two of those people finally nutted up lol.
    opening sequence was awesome when Daryl blew away Negan's peeps with that rocket launcher. Glad they got rid of the kids, ron and sam. sucks about jessie, i liked her. I thought it was Carl's arm he chopped off at first not Jessie's. Bye bye wolfie. not sure if he felt sorry for the girl or he was just protecting himself. the lake on fire was pretty awesome (music ref.)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uRaZWK_MwHY

bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    Ha, the wolf on the couch on TD was hot! And Australian!
  • Options
    RiverrunnerRiverrunner Posts: 2,419
    Sprunkn7 said:

Ha, the wolf on the couch on TD was hot! And Australian!

Yes. He definitely is a cutie.
    The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way it treats its animals. Ghandi
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,666
    Glad a number of annoying characters from Alexandria are no longer...especially the 2 kids of blondie. She was OK but her family was super annoying.
    Best zombie fight scene...ever?
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    dudemandudeman Posts: 2,988
    That was one of the best episodes of the series, IMO.
    If hope can grow from dirt like me, it can be done. - EV
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,860
    dudeman said:

That was one of the best episodes of the series, IMO.

agreed. if not THE best.

Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    It was better than most recently for sure.
    But still a little over the top and unbelievable...
    It's a hopeless... situation
    And I'm starting to believe
  • Options
    pjradiopjradio Posts: 6,704

agree
    aqo2t.jpg
  • Options
    Jessie was ok but there is a stronger badass woman out there for him!
  • Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,748

Yep. So Carl got shot in the eye and survived??? Interesting.
  • Options
    dudemandudeman Posts: 2,988
    The bullet exited the corner of his eye. It traveled across the eyeball, not directly through it.

The director/special effects guy was on Talking Dead and explained it.
    If hope can grow from dirt like me, it can be done. - EV
  • Options
    Drowned OutDrowned Out Posts: 6,056
    dudeman said:

The bullet exited the corner of his eye. It traveled across the eyeball, not directly through it.

ya I thought he said it entered near his temple and exited thru the eye...which doesn't make sense unless Carl turned his head almost 180 to his left. but whatever....didn't annoy me as much as the whole 'make a run for it and fight our way through the herd'.....throughout this entire series, they have never really done this, and it's driven me nuts. I mean...they can now suddenly wade into a mass of walkers and fight their way thru, while in so many different past situations, someone ends up dead when confronted by like 5 walkers against 3-4 people. It's always annoyed me that they can't just outrun these things....like the last episode in alexandria when the wall came down and the whole group is running away from them at a really lame speed, and not opening any kind of gap between them....they're WALKERS....which means if you run, you should be ok lol....I feel like I'm constantly bitching about this show, even after a good episode.
  • Options
    What about Super Daryl and the way he took the guy out without any of the others in the gang noticing.
    The take out with the rocket launcher was cool af though...
    It's a hopeless... situation
    And I'm starting to believe
  • Options
    mca47mca47 Posts: 13,257

dudeman said:

ya I thought he said it entered near his temple and exited thru the eye...which doesn't make sense unless Carl turned his head almost 180 to his left. but whatever....didn't annoy me as much as the whole 'make a run for it and fight our way through the herd'.....throughout this entire series, they have never really done this, and it's driven me nuts. I mean...they can now suddenly wade into a mass of walkers and fight their way thru, while in so many different past situations, someone ends up dead when confronted by like 5 walkers against 3-4 people. It's always annoyed me that they can't just outrun these things....like the last episode in alexandria when the wall came down and the whole group is running away from them at a really lame speed, and not opening any kind of gap between them....they're WALKERS....which means if you run, you should be ok lol....I feel like I'm constantly bitching about this show, even after a good episode.
    I've been saying this for a long time. The zombies really aren't a focus of being scary anymore. There is so little suspense in that regard. They are almost a nuisance rather than a real threat. Anything you can comfortably walk away from isn't too "edge of your seat" to me. I think they need to introduce some sort of mutation in the zombie gene. Something that makes them fast and strong or something.
    It was cool to see Rick and the gang go out and take them all on, but this also brings the suspense factor down another notch. "Well, that was easy..." "Damn, my new shirt has a zombie gut spot on it! This will never come out!" *Said over a cup of tea as they laugh about how dumb they were to not think of that before.* I mean, Rick probably killed 30 of them with a 10 inch hatchet and how many have died from a leisurely stab to the head with a pocket knife?
    If I was in that situation, I'm pretty sure I'd be more annoyed with mosquitoes than the zombies.
  • Options
    chimechime Posts: 7,838

dudeman said:

ya I thought he said it entered near his temple and exited thru the eye...which doesn't make sense unless Carl turned his head almost 180 to his left. but whatever....d
    I thought he said it hit the corner of the eye socket and ricocheted off sending bone fragments into the eye.

Think he said they had to come up with something as the way it was in the comics would have killed Carl.
    So are we strangers now? Like rock and roll and the radio?
  • Options
    wow that whole segment with the "Jesus" guy was dumb and the truck going into the lake...lol didnt see that coming..brutal 14 mins left what a let down from last weeks show.

• Options
    darwinstheorydarwinstheory LaPorte, IN Posts: 5,842
    Sprunkn7 said:

Well look at you just predicting the future like a boss! I said something was up with those two based on the opening scene of this week's episode.
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • Options

Sprunkn7 said:

Well look at you just predicting the future like a boss! I said something was up with those two based on the opening scene of this week's episode.
    yea but I didn't see THAT coming...LOL.
  • Options
    redrawredraw Posts: 1,275
    Nami said:

wow that whole segment with the "Jesus" guy was dumb and the truck going into the lake...lol didnt see that coming..brutal 14 mins left what a let down from last weeks show.

Agreed - just how did "Jesus" miraculously end up on the roof of the van??
    '95: Brisbane BEC March 21 & 22 '98: Brisbane BEC March 14 & 15 '03: Brad Surfers Paradise Troccadero Jan 11
    '03: Brisbane BEC Feb 8 '06: Brisbane BEC Nov 10 & 11 '09: Brisbane QSAC Nov 25
    '11: EV Solo Brisbane QPAC March 10, 12 & 13 '11: PJ20 Alpine Valley Sep 3 & 4
    '14: Gold Coast BDO Jan 19 EV Solo QPAC Feb 22, 23 & 25
  • Options
    mca47mca47 Posts: 13,257
    Nami said:

That whole segment was beyond dumb! He stole the truck, gets tied up and while Rick is twirling the keys...15 seconds maybe, he hops up on the top of the truck without them hearing anything. THen the part where Daryl is chasing him down like a chicken with his head cut off....dumb! Then the truck rolling back into the lake...that wouldn't happen....AND the ridiculousness of it reminded me of that truck falling off the bridge a year or two ago. Just awful!
    If that wasn't bad enough, they bring the guy back and put him in a room unattended...after all the shit he's pulled! Don't handcuff him to anything because afterall, he hasn't gotten out of ropes before...Dumb!
    I had a feeling after last week's quality episode this one would suck and did it ever suck?!?!

Rick banging Michonne was cool, but can you imagine how bad Rick had to smell at that point?
  • Options
    ^^ LOL..thats what I was thinking
  • Options
    rival.rival. Chicago Posts: 7,776
    cool character, portrayed with ninja like abilities in the books:

• Options
    pickupyourwillpickupyourwill Posts: 3,135
    edited February 2016
    Sprunkn7 said:

Sprunkn7 said:

So weird to see these 2 comments so far as the only on Rick and Michonne hooking up...Richonne lol Maybe some people taped it and haven't watched it yet. I for one thought it was great they finally got together--its just realistic and an organic progression like Danai said on Talking Dead. It kind of reminded me of that scene from Monster's Ball with Halle Berry and Billy Bob Thornton--without all the drama.

Chris Hardwick had some great lines about it. lol

As for the scenes with "Jesus", I thought they felt more Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid and comic bookish--which may have been what they were going for--nothing too serious...just having fun.

Post edited by pickupyourwill on
  • Options
    RiverrunnerRiverrunner Posts: 2,419

Sprunkn7 said:

Sprunkn7 said:

So weird to see these 2 comments so far as the only on Rick and Michonne hooking up...Richonne lol Maybe some people taped it and haven't watched it yet. I for one thought it was great they finally got together--its just realistic and an organic progression like Danai said on Talking Dead. It kind of reminded me of that scene from Monster's Ball with Halle Berry and Billy Bob Thornton--without all the drama.

Chris Hardwick had some great lines about it. lol

As for the scenes with "Jesus", I though they felt more Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid and comic bookish--which may have been what they were going for--nothing too serious...just having fun.

I was overjoyed to see Rick & Michonne finally get it on. I have been hoping for that for a while.

On The Talking Dead it said that Andy Lincoln and Norman Reedus watched Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid prior to filming this episode.
    The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way it treats its animals. Ghandi