Options

THE WALKING DEAD...and all things zombie

Comments

• Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,858
    I thought they would/should keep us guessing about Glenn a bit longer. shit is going to get ramped up next week with Alexandria becoming Walkerville.
    I agree with whoever earlier said I think it would be awesome if Glenn died NOW. He's so close, and for Maggie to see him die would be a great finisher for him. Maybe Enid causes his death. Glenn is so stupid. he keeps trying to help people that have no redeeming qualities and will just end up getting him killed.
    I bet Deanna gets killed next week, or maybe Spencer.
    Jessie just keeps my heart pumping, with her grunge-mom look and all.
    I think the point of that kid with the gun is to show the viewer that he is after Carl. And probably Rick. Carl won't die. that kid will. or Carl will save him or they'll have another baby pushing match.
    Morgan's wolf will probably be the death of someone in Alexandia, causing Morgan to turn back to the dark side for good. Watch the wolf kill Judith or something nasty.
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    Sprunkn7Sprunkn7 Posts: 5,277
    :fearful:

kIll Judith? ACK!!!!!!
    Thank you fellow 10 clubber for saving my ass....again!!!
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,973
    mid season finale tonightimage
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    RiverrunnerRiverrunner Posts: 2,419

mid season finale tonightimage

And someone we love will die. Supposedly.

The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way it treats its animals. Ghandi
  • Options
    meh, it was an ok episode.
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
  • Options

Worst episode yet.

Spoiler alert!!!

Tower falls on the fence, really?
    Don't shoot the Wolve AND give him your weapons?!?
    Of course when you fall it happens to be on an exposed saw blade...
    Whilst driving there's a gang of people on motorcycles so hey let's slow down and chat with them. Maybe they're nice chaps?!?
    WHY wouldn't you plow through them?!?

Show is becoming very predictable...and silly.
  • Options
    I was very caught up in the episode to trash it. I won't miss Deanna, IMO she was a throw away. I knew nothing good was going to come of Morgan letting that dude live. I do agree they wouldn't have given him the guns, they sold have just all rushed him and the nurse should have elbowed him good in his gut. He's hurt and half dead!!!!

When they started doing weird "High Anxiety" filming with the kid I knew something was up. I saw them walk outside and was like they probably should ave gagged the freaking out kid, maybe put a blindfold on him too.
  • Options

Worst episode yet.

Spoiler alert!!!

Whilst driving there's a gang of people on motorcycles so hey let's slow down and chat with them. Maybe they're nice chaps?!?

They were shoring up the fence when the tower fell. If they were so concerned about the fence I think they would have checked the stability of the tower.

Rick walks into the bedroom and sees Deanna leaning over Judith and is concerned. After all they know Deanna is dying. Then he leaves Deanna alone with Judith again!

That stupid record is playing over and over whilst the walkers are storming the house. So much for being quiet. And Jessie leaves crazy Sam in his room listening to that stupid record over and over again. Wasn't she concerned about him as the walkers were filling up the house? And then she tried to reason with him as to why they need to cover themselves with walker guts. She should have just grabbed him and slathered him up. Then held him close as they exited the house.

And Deanna, you should have saved 1 bullet! Killing that one extra walker made no difference.

And the stupidity of stopping and getting out of the truck to talk to the motorcycle gang? They should have rolled down the windows and pointed their guns and grenade launcher at them, and told them to get the hell out of the way. But they probably did not want to get into a gun battle while inside a gasoline tanker.

The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way it treats its animals. Ghandi
  • Options
    Drowned OutDrowned Out Posts: 6,056
    edited November 2015
    Ya, I keep wanting to say this show is getting ridiculous, but it is more that it's always been ridiculous and the formulas are just getting tired. So sick of the 'I've lost the will to live' scenes with one person whining and another refusing to give up on them....l swear every episode this season has had one, sometimes more than one.
    Also....why does everyone fall down when walkers are chasing them. Rick, Maggie, Carol, Deanna, and that one other dude from Alexandria all fell when running away last night. To top that off, no one can seem to outrun a WALKER....the escape scenes drag on for minutes....if you were RUNNING from a herd of WALKERS.......would you not have a couple hundred yards between you within like 30 seconds? Also annoying how every time someone climbs something to escape, they're just a second too slow to get away without the walkers grabbing their ankles...Maggie climbed that ladder like she was 8 months pregnant....
    Also annoyed me how Rick and Carl and their group got surrounded by walkers (how did they come from all directions suddenly?) and looked like they were going to give up - realizing they were screwed...then Jess shows up and shoots two and a path is cleared to the house. Rick didn't notice that way out? All just really lazy writing. I feel like I am only coming to this thread to bash the show, but these things on top of what tempo and riverrunner already mentioned...it's just getting trainwreck-sad.
    Post edited by Drowned Out on
  • Options
    and when are that fat-elvis looking fucker and the priest gonna die or stop being such a pussies?....they've been on the show for what seems like an eternity and I still don't even know their names....nothing more than an annoyance.
  • Options

Ya, I keep wanting to say this show is getting ridiculous, but it is more that it's always been ridiculous and the formulas are just getting tired. So sick of the 'I've lost the will to live' scenes with one person whining and another refusing to give up on them....l swear every episode this season has had one, sometimes more than one.
    Also....why does everyone fall down when walkers are chasing them. Rick, Maggie, Carol, Deanna, and that one other dude from Alexandria all fell when running away last night. To top that off, no one can seem to outrun a WALKER....the escape scenes drag on for minutes....if you were RUNNING from a herd of WALKERS.......would you not have a couple hundred yards between you within like 30 seconds? Also annoying how every time someone climbs something to escape, they're just a second too slow to get away without the walkers grabbing their ankles...Maggie climbed that ladder like she was 8 months pregnant....
    Also annoyed me how Rick and Carl and their group got surrounded by walkers (how did they come from all directions suddenly?) and looked like they were going to give up - realizing they were screwed...then Jess shows up and shoots two and a path is cleared to the house. Rick didn't notice that way out? All just really lazy writing. I feel like I am only coming to this thread to bash the show, but these things on top of what tempo and riverrunner already mentioned...it's just getting trainwreck-sad.

I think at times that I have become clumsy in middle age, but I am nothing compared to TWD folks. They fall so much that you now expect it. And then after they fall they take a few seconds to stare up at the walkers. Heck, if I fell I would be rolling forward and up on my feet as fast as I could. And unless your leg was about to fall off I think you could run quite a ways without feeling pain due to the Adrenalin rush. All that limping and hobbling when walkers are on your ass?
  • Options
    edited November 2015

I think at times that I have become clumsy in middle age, but I am nothing compared to TWD folks. They fall so much that you now expect it. And then after they fall they take a few seconds to stare up at the walkers. Heck, if I fell I would be rolling forward and up on my feet as fast as I could. And unless your leg was about to fall off I think you could run quite a ways without feeling pain due to the Adrenalin rush. All that limping and hobbling when walkers are on your ass?
    Right? Maggie tried to butt-shuffle away for like five seconds. Stand up and run damnit!
    An episode or two back, Darryl had that walker coming at him after he escaped from the people who took his stuff.....he rolled around fumbling to get his bow out for like a full minute....just stand up and stick it in the head with the knife sheathed on your belt! Or stand up and WALK AWAY while you get your bow out. You're the biggest badass in the zombie apocalypse vs ONE walker, man! I liked Dawn of the Dead and the 28 days/weeks movies because the infected could run....made the chase scenes more believably scary.
  • Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,748

and when are that fat-elvis looking fucker and the priest gonna die or stop being such a pussies?....they've been on the show for what seems like an eternity and I still don't even know their names....nothing more than an annoyance.

Yep. Eugene is the elvis looking dude and I don't know the priest's name either. But completely agreed....both of them need to go.

That episode was just a whole bunch of stupid. Really? You stop the truck because some dudes in motorcycles are in the middle of the road?!? You have a fucking rocket launcher with you! This show drives me nuts sometimes. This whole half of season 6 has been pretty rough.
  • Options
    mca47mca47 Posts: 13,257

Worst episode yet.

Spoiler alert!!!

Agreed. That was pretty awful.
    By now, pretty much everyone is good at shooting walkers in the head. A sickly Wolf with a blade...who's also not really paying much attention is no match for a bullet in the face. And then they both give up their guns! ugh!
    Daryl and crew driving a giant truck to a roadblock with a bunch of dudes with guns. The first thing I thought is "floor it and plow those fuckers over". Really, getting out to chat it up?!!?!
    I don't think there was one moment that i thought was enjoyable. Kinda hoped Carl would die, but they made it lame and broke the window.
    The Morgan, Carol thing was completely dumb. I know Carol is the apparent badass now and Morgan is born-again...but get real!
  • Options

Yeah, you could walk away from the walkers a couple years ago, not everyone is running and stumbling around like a really bad horror flick from the 80s. Dumb! Literally, that scene where Maggie climbed that scaffold thing...i think everyone turned and fell before getting up and falling again. ugh!
    Also, when the walkers first got in before Rick and crew went into the house. They were SURROUNDED when blondie showed up. She shot a couple walkers and the very next scene...there isn't a walker around for 30-40 yards. Whaaaaaat?

The zombie guts thing. I love how that was a thing in season 1, and it just popped back into their minds. Dumb.
  • Options
    I might be done after this season. I actually found the other Walking Dead show to be more interesting.
  • Options
    mca47 said:

I might be done after this season. I actually found the other Walking Dead show to be more interesting.

amen.

the van falling off the bridge last season is when this show jumped the shark.
    i actually haven seen any episodes since the Morgan backstory...just easy enough to catch up here. it is worse than the farm season....at least Shane was still around.
    It's a hopeless... situation
    And I'm starting to believe
  • Options
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
  • Options
    I love the show, but that was the worst mid-season finale ever. the tower falling looked SO FAKE. Kill that fucking kid (the kid who keeps trying to off Carl). the Wolf taking control of the situation was so predictable. giving him your guns not only kills the nurse, it potentially kills you too. stupid. stop trying to help people, Morgan. it's clearly not working!

the running away from walkers and constantly tripping reminds me of Friday the 13th movies where Jason is walking at a geriatric's pace, and everyone running can never get away from him.

when did Deanna get bit? I didn't see that. and that speech with Michonne about how she needs to figure out what she wants to be when she grows up in the middle of Walker Invasion was bizarre. I think surviving is priority #1. And it appears Deanna would prefer to get torn to shreds and eaten alive rather than just put a bullet in her own brain. at least we don't have to see that hideous face anymore. she aged 47 years in half a season.

Sam is going to get eaten. The priest and Eugene need to die. Jessie and Rosita need to get naked.

That is all.
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
  • Options
    pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,885
    Going to be fun to see what people think once Negan is around for real
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • Options

I love the show, but that was the worst mid-season finale ever. the tower falling looked SO FAKE. Kill that fucking kid (the kid who keeps trying to off Carl). the Wolf taking control of the situation was so predictable. giving him your guns not only kills the nurse, it potentially kills you too. stupid. stop trying to help people, Morgan. it's clearly not working!

the running away from walkers and constantly tripping reminds me of Friday the 13th movies where Jason is walking at a geriatric's pace, and everyone running can never get away from him.

when did Deanna get bit? I didn't see that. and that speech with Michonne about how she needs to figure out what she wants to be when she grows up in the middle of Walker Invasion was bizarre. I think surviving is priority #1. And it appears Deanna would prefer to get torn to shreds and eaten alive rather than just put a bullet in her own brain. at least we don't have to see that hideous face anymore. she aged 47 years in half a season.

Sam is going to get eaten. The priest and Eugene need to die. Jessie and Rosita need to get naked.

That is all.

Morgan needs to go. His bullshit is going to get people killed.

Don't know anything about this Negan guy, but people seem to be excited about him. Hopefully he's not another cartoonish villain like the governor.
  • Options

That is all.

Morgan needs to go. His bullshit is going to get people killed.

Don't know anything about this Negan guy, but people seem to be excited about him. Hopefully he's not another cartoonish villain like the governor.
    apparently, he makes the governor look like Eugene. he carries a bat with barbed wire wrapped around it. smashing people's skulls in.

Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,214
    I catch up.yesterday..The whole glenn thing was lame..same a useless episode with that crazy black dude...waste of.time
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    I have not watched talking yet but I hear they mentioned the next "villain" will cause a lot of deaths among our fav. core group.
    Spoiler*****

He does kill Glenn in the comic. I think this was already mentioned but I wasn't going back to check!
  • Options
    Sprunkn7 said:

I have not watched talking yet but I hear they mentioned the next "villain" will cause a lot of deaths among our fav. core group.
    Spoiler*****

He does kill Glenn in the comic. I think this was already mentioned but I wasn't going back to check!

Removing any of the "core" group would just be suicide for the show. They need to wrap this thing up. They need to find a place and stop running all the time. No way civilization would stop like this. No way...
  • Options

I catch up.yesterday..The whole glenn thing was lame..same a useless episode with that crazy black dude...waste of.time

I was going to ask you why you still watch it, but I guess it's the same answer as why I continued to watch Lost for the last half of the show-waiting for it to get (in my opinion) good again.

I'm guessing you will enjoy it when Negan is introduced, providing they don't fuck it up.

Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options

Sprunkn7 said:

Spoiler*****

Removing any of the "core" group would just be suicide for the show. They need to wrap this thing up. They need to find a place and stop running all the time. No way civilization would stop like this. No way...
    I think it would be an excellent boost to the show. ratings have dipped in the last while. when was the last time a major character died? the ratings following those deaths are always the biggest.

I think the show has proven it can get along without Daryl. he has been nearly inconsequential this season. they should shock the hell out of everyone and kill him off. or carl. really, anyone but Rick.
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options

Sprunkn7 said:

Spoiler*****

I think it would be an excellent boost to the show. ratings have dipped in the last while. when was the last time a major character died? the ratings following those deaths are always the biggest.

I think the show has proven it can get along without Daryl. he has been nearly inconsequential this season. they should shock the hell out of everyone and kill him off. or carl. really, anyone but Rick.
    You hit the nail on the head. There was no Darryl. Maybe people aren't as excited to see Morgan. I was in the beginning but not now. Give me more Carol, love her. Give me more Glenn going on missions and owning things.

I miss Darryl. I miss that crossbow.

I actually miss the group as a whole. When they get together and get shit done is great. Divide them up and not see one of them for a while? No like it...
  • Options

Sprunkn7 said:

Spoiler*****

I actually miss the group as a whole. When they get together and get shit done is great. Divide them up and not see one of them for a while? No like it...
    Completely agree. I didn't like the structure of this half season at all with the episodes being told from different points of view and not seeing main characters for several episodes at a time. Hopefully the group is back together for the 2nd half of the season.