Options

THE WALKING DEAD...and all things zombie

Comments

• Options
    Sprunkn7Sprunkn7 Posts: 5,277
    Oh Boy! Glennnnnn!!!!! I didn't watch Talking Dead yet. Was it Glenn on the radio? Happened so fast I wasn't sure.
    Thank you fellow 10 clubber for saving my ass....again!!!
  • Options
    RiverrunnerRiverrunner Posts: 2,419
    Sprunkn7 said:

Oh Boy! Glennnnnn!!!!! I didn't watch Talking Dead yet. Was it Glenn on the radio? Happened so fast I wasn't sure.

Some think it was Glenn. My husband thought it was Rick - maybe the timeline is such that Rick was still in the motor home with the herd coming up. And some have suggested that it was the guy that Daryl rescued, and then they stole his crossbow and motorcycle.
    The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way it treats its animals. Ghandi
  • Options
    I thought it sounded like Rick, but at this point IDK what to think.
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,973

Sprunkn7 said:

Some think it was Glenn. My husband thought it was Rick - maybe the timeline is such that Rick was still in the motor home with the herd coming up. And some have suggested that it was the guy that Daryl rescued, and then they stole his crossbow and motorcycle.
    first thought was Glenn, but who knows.

Sucks the other people took Darryl's crossbow after he helped them and all
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,858

Sprunkn7 said:

first thought was Glenn, but who knows.

Sucks the other people took Darryl's crossbow after he helped them and all
    he'll get it back. his crossbow is his thing. there's no doubt he'll find them dead at some point, or find them alive. one of the funny things about this show is how unrealistic some of the supporting characters are; how weak they are. there is no way people like that could have survived this long.

I thought for sure that walker with the rocket was going to fall WITH the rocket and blow the bridge to smithereens; Abraham would light his cigar on the wreckage and walk away.

Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    Sprunkn7 said:

I don't think they reintroduce him at this point. Not sure, just a hunch. it's too early.

Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    next week's episode, called "Heads Up", sounds like a snooze-fest:
    Alexandria is finally able to begin pulling itself back together; peace is embraced between the two groups.

cut to shots of Morgan feeding and cuddling Judith, Rick making out with Jessie a few more times, Carol swapping recipes with the nurse, and Carl and Jessie's son playing marbles with walker eyes.
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    NamiNami Newfoundland Posts: 5,989
    I found the show really short with all the commercials, seemed like the show took forever to get going and once it got there it was over. the person on the radio sounded like glen saying help to me...

Alexandria is finally able to begin pulling itself back together; peace is embraced between the two groups.

cut to shots of Morgan feeding and cuddling Judith, Rick making out with Jessie a few more times, Carol swapping recipes with the nurse, and Carl and Jessie's son playing marbles with walker eyes.

hahahah
    Hamilton 9-13-05; Toronto 5-9-06, Toronto 8-21-09, Toronto 9-12-11, Hamilton 9-15-11....
  • Options
    Nami said:

I found the show really short with all the commercials, seemed like the show took forever to get going and once it got there it was over. the person on the radio sounded like glen saying help to me...

hahahah
    I think the "help" is the guy who took Daryl's walkie and crossbow.

Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options

Nami said:

hahahah
    I think the "help" is the guy who took Daryl's walkie and crossbow.

did he take his walkie? i don't recall.
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,943
    I think in the fall finale we will learn that Glen is alive and that it was him on the radio. But, to try and throw people off the scent, I think they had a different actor read the line when filming so it wasn't as obvious.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    A lot of people think it was the peeps that stole the radio from Daryl saying help. But why would he call to Daryl for help? He's super pissed now and wants his shit back.
  • Options
    Sprunkn7 said:

A lot of people think it was the peeps that stole the radio from Daryl saying help. But why would he call to Daryl for help? He's super pissed now and wants his shit back.

he is just desperate because he is being chased by that group. he is calling out to anyone that will listen. he doesn't think Daryl hears it since he took his only walkie.

Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options

Sprunkn7 said:

he is just desperate because he is being chased by that group. he is calling out to anyone that will listen. he doesn't think Daryl hears it since he took his only walkie.

Then he be stupid twice! OMG...I used to love Daryl, now I'm all into Rick. Rick got hot and Daryle basically needs a bath...and get Jesse to cut his hair. I am not likin the pixie cut anymore!

It all started b/c I have a friend (that has a friend) in Georgia and Norman was hitting on her daughter who was only 17. She told him how old she as and he basically didn't care. Ewwww...total turn off. Still like the character tho...just not as much.

Next week I'm looking forward to getting the group back together and see what they decide about Morgan....
  • Options
    :smiley: won't spoil the opening scene but it was good.
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
  • Options
    No more mystery.
    The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way it treats its animals. Ghandi
  • Options
    guess it wasn't glenn on the radio
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
  • Options
    that sucks mid season finale next week
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
  • Options
    Anyone watch The Talking Dead? In Memoriam - pretty funny.
  • Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,748
    Gee, what a shock. Glenn is alive. I really don't understand what the point of this whole thing was.
  • Options
    Did i miss something, why did the church/building fall over? I remember seeing it during the episode and it looked wobbly and what not but I must have missed why it fell. Just poor structure or did someone sabotage it?
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
  • Options
    Drowned OutDrowned Out Posts: 6,056

Did i miss something, why did the church/building fall over? I remember seeing it during the episode and it looked wobbly and what not but I must have missed why it fell. Just poor structure or did someone sabotage it?

The semi the Wolves drove into the wall hit the tower right before the wall....took out the corner and a porch....it was also already burned out prior to being hit.
  • Options
    What was the deal with the kid following Carl and pulling a gun, then when the tower fell, Carl was standing alone and the kid was nowhere near him?
    Could see there being an issue with teaching that kid to shoot coming from a mile away...
  • Options
    edited November 2015
    I think the whole issue with the kid following Carl with the gun is Enid, his girlfriend, and Rick killing his father?
    Hamilton 9-13-05; Toronto 5-9-06, Toronto 8-21-09, Toronto 9-12-11, Hamilton 9-15-11....
  • Options

The semi the Wolves drove into the wall hit the tower right before the wall....took out the corner and a porch....it was also already burned out prior to being hit.
    oh yeah didn't realize it was the church that hit it.
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
  • Options
    edited November 2015
    Nami said:

I think the whole issue with the kid following Carl with the gun is Enid, his girlfriend, and Rick killing his father?

I get that part, but the scene ended with him following Carl and pulling the gun....then when the tower fell, Carl was standing nearby with no gun-wielding kid behind him. So I guess nothing happened and it was shown to keep us guessing about what might. Still, cutting away from a scene like that and coming back as if it never happened is kinda dumb...
    Post edited by Drowned Out on
  • Options
    Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    Snooze of an episode.
    The fake Glen death was completely drawn out with little impact.
    Hopefully the wall now down will amp things up for a couple of episodes. Expect to see a death of an established character.
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • Options

Nami said:

I get that part, but the scene ended with him following Carl and pulling the gun....then when the tower fell, Carl was standing nearby with no gun-wielding kid behind him. So I guess nothing happened and it was shown to keep us guessing about what might. Still, cutting away from a scene like that and coming back as if it never happened is kinda dumb...
    I missed that part, will take a look again. I hope the hell shit gets going next week.
  • Options
    Yup, prob going to lose a main peep. I actually think it might be Glenn, he's so close but still out there so it would be fitting for them to actually see him die....but then again if Carl gets shot it will send Rick over the edge and the shit'll hit the fan so everyone in Alexandria will be toast
  • Options

Nami said:

I missed that part, will take a look again. I hope the hell shit gets going next week.