Options

THE WALKING DEAD...and all things zombie

Comments

• Options

Sprunkn7 said:

Sprunkn7 said:

Jessie was ok but there is a stronger badass woman out there for him!

Well look at you just predicting the future like a boss! I said something was up with those two based on the opening scene of this week's episode.
    yea but I didn't see THAT coming...LOL.
    So weird to see these 2 comments so far as the only on Rick and Michonne hooking up...Richonne lol Maybe some people taped it and haven't watched it yet. I for one thought it was great they finally got together--its just realistic and an organic progression like Danai said on Talking Dead. It kind of reminded me of that scene from Monster's Ball with Halle Berry and Billy Bob Thornton--without all the drama.

Chris Hardwick had some great lines about it. lol

As for the scenes with "Jesus", I though they felt more Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid and comic bookish--which may have been what they were going for--nothing too serious...just having fun.

I was overjoyed to see Rick & Michonne finally get it on. I have been hoping for that for a while.

On The Talking Dead it said that Andy Lincoln and Norman Reedus watched Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid prior to filming this episode.
    I saw that too on Talking Dead--about them watching the movie before filming the episode. That's where I got it from. I myself have never seen the film--I'm not that hip :)
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,835
    Ugh. My buddy said he read or watched somewhere that they claimed this ep was going to be even crazier than last weeks. Lame. It was the same predictable, have a crazy episode and follow it up with a slow moving everyone-is-happy one. Keep the pace up. Stop the same cycle.

And Richonne. Ugh. His fucking last girlfriend just got eaten two weeks ago. He gets over shit pretty fast these days.
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options

Ugh. My buddy said he read or watched somewhere that they claimed this ep was going to be even crazier than last weeks. Lame. It was the same predictable, have a crazy episode and follow it up with a slow moving everyone-is-happy one. Keep the pace up. Stop the same cycle.

And Richonne. Ugh. His fucking last girlfriend just got eaten two weeks ago. He gets over shit pretty fast these days.

"His last girlfriend just got eaten two weeks ago. He gets over shit pretty fast these days."

First off, they said it was about 2 months later from last week's episode. That's a lot of time in a survival world like that when you could die tomorrow easily. Rick and the blonde girl only kissed and flirted from what I'm aware of. If there was more they didn't show it (garage scene?), so that would mean Rick has gone for how long now without any...atleast a year or so? Most of you guys couldn't even fathom that in this world. Most guys I've seen in real life whose girlfriend or wife dies, are with someone or remarried within a year or so. That's not a good testament to the self-control of the male species. Plus, what about the idea of Rick being on the rebound?

Maybe they should have waited a couple episodes to heat things up with Rick and Michonne but it has been a long time coming with those 2. I'm sure they're getting a good backlash from all the conservative women who watch and say the same thing about him "getting over shit pretty fast these days". Every woman wants to think that she is so special that their guy would just be beside himself for years if she was out of the picture----bullshit! Get over yourselves people. We're all just dust in the wind.
  • Options
    mca47mca47 Posts: 13,257

It was two months. They also never really got into any details on whatever relationship they did or didn't have.
    I called the Michonne-Rick thing a couple years ago. My girl and I actually have bets on this show....hahaha!
    Anyways, I think there was always something there, and it doesn't seem like a stretch in any way that it happened. Michonne has been almost a stand-in mom for Carl, they've been living in the same house...not a stretch in any way in my mind.
    That scene IMO was the best and most realistic thing that happened in that entire episode. Everything else was incredibly dumb.
  • Options
    NamiNami Newfoundland Posts: 5,989
    edited February 2016
    missed the whole two month reference...
    redraw said:

Nami said:

wow that whole segment with the "Jesus" guy was dumb and the truck going into the lake...lol didnt see that coming..brutal 14 mins left what a let down from last weeks show.

Agreed - just how did "Jesus" miraculously end up on the roof of the van??
    i know eh... lol that was just brutal to watch.

Hamilton 9-13-05; Toronto 5-9-06, Toronto 8-21-09, Toronto 9-12-11, Hamilton 9-15-11....
  • Options
    JWPearlJWPearl Posts: 19,893

"His last girlfriend just got eaten two weeks ago. He gets over shit pretty fast these days."

First off, they said it was about 2 months later from last week's episode. That's a lot of time in a survival world like that when you could die tomorrow easily. Rick and the blonde girl only kissed and flirted from what I'm aware of. If there was more they didn't show it (garage scene?), so that would mean Rick has gone for how long now without any...atleast a year or so? Most of you guys couldn't even fathom that in this world. Most guys I've seen in real life whose girlfriend or wife dies, are with someone or remarried within a year or so. That's not a good testament to the self-control of the male species. Plus, what about the idea of Rick being on the rebound?

Maybe they should have waited a couple episodes to heat things up with Rick and Michonne but it has been a long time coming with those 2. I'm sure they're getting a good backlash from all the conservative women who watch and say the same thing about him "getting over shit pretty fast these days". Every woman wants to think that she is so special that their guy would just be beside himself for years if she was out of the picture----bullshit! Get over yourselves people. We're all just dust in the wind.
    agree totally with this second comment of all yours
  • Options
    JWPearl said:

agree totally with this second comment of all yours
    Thank you JWPearl. :)
  • Options
    Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    Somebody mashed up audio from Benny Hill to the Rick/Daryl/Jesus car chase and fight scene.
    Too lazy to post it.
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • Options
    BIGDaddyWilBIGDaddyWil Michigan Posts: 3,047
    Pine Knob Music Theatre - Jul 31, 1992 Crisler Arena - Mar 20, 1994
    Summerfest - Jul 09, 1995*Savage Hall - Sep 22, 1996The Palace of Auburn Hills-Aug 23, 1998 Breslin Center- Aug 18, 1998,The Palace of Auburn Hills-Oct 07, 2000 DTE Energy Theatre-Jun5,2003,DTE Energy Music Theatre - Jun 26, 2003Sports Arena - Oct 02, 2004 Van Andel Arena - May 19, 2006Palace of Auburn Hills-May 22, 2006 Quicken Loans Arena-May 09, 2010
    10-16-2014 Detroit
  • Options

of course it was going to happen. I asked my buddy who reads the comics weeks ago if they get together, as I assumed it was going to happen eventually.

my bad. two months. I thought they said 2 weeks. whatever. it was obviously a comment made in jest anyways. it was just that Rick seemed pretty broken up about Jessie being eaten (kinda like when Lori died) for it to be nothing to him.

"not a good testament of the self control of the male species"? it's called natural instinct. jesus.

lighten up a bit.
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,651
    Ha! The Benny Hill thing is fucking awesome. Would have been even better if they did it as part of the show as a tip of the cap as to how silly that scene was.

Michonne is a badass and super reliable/trustworthy/loyal. Seems like a good fit for Rick.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    Hamilton 9-13-05; Toronto 5-9-06, Toronto 8-21-09, Toronto 9-12-11, Hamilton 9-15-11....
  • Options
    pickupyourwillpickupyourwill Posts: 3,135
    edited February 2016

of course it was going to happen. I asked my buddy who reads the comics weeks ago if they get together, as I assumed it was going to happen eventually.

my bad. two months. I thought they said 2 weeks. whatever. it was obviously a comment made in jest anyways. it was just that Rick seemed pretty broken up about Jessie being eaten (kinda like when Lori died) for it to be nothing to him.

"not a good testament of the self control of the male species"? it's called natural instinct. jesus.

lighten up a bit.
    lol...sorry. I was a little over-emotional yesterday. lol So do Rick and Michonne hook up in the comics too? My brother reads them too and watches--he never mentioned it--just mentioned the Jesus character coming from Neegan's camp but still being a good guy? I guess we'll see...too invested in this damn show now to stop. lol

I'm sure it was something special to Rick with Jessie. I think they should have waited a couple episodes before the Michonne "moment".

Post edited by pickupyourwill on
  • Options
    rival.rival. Chicago Posts: 7,776

lol...sorry. I was a little over-emotional yesterday. lol So do Rick and Michonne hook up in the comics too? My brother reads them too and watches--he never mentioned it--just mentioned the Jesus character coming from Neegan's camp but still being a good guy? I guess we'll see...too invested in this damn show now to stop. lol

I'm sure it was something special to Rick with Jessie. I think they should have waited a couple episodes before the Michonne "moment".

everyone gets it on with everyone in the books. it's basically one gigantic orgy to be honest. DALE and andrea were a thing in the comics -- just let that sink in :lol:

your brother is half right about jesus. he will become an important character in the show. and i think you can gather he is an alright guy as he could have easily given it to rick & daryl on multiple occasions but did not.
  • Options
    rival.rival. Chicago Posts: 7,776
    this show has a funny following. there is the demographic that watch it because they love the comics, and then there is the demographic that watch it because it's the most popular show on TV and those are the ones that are typically the most harsh on episodes without knowing the story via comic books and not knowing that this show is following a very specific path.

sure, there are some slow episodes here and there. but there is always a purpose and an overall contribution to the story (except that beth & daryl episode -- that was just terrible).

i suggest everyone that cares enough about the show to purchase the compendium books cheap on amazon and read up to the at least to the point they are at in the show now. the books are twisted --- lots of sex, much more violence, torture. they had to HEAVILY edit certain plot points on the show to make it work for television. even read slightly ahead of where the show is now to see where the show is going, so when the next thing that happens that someone doesn't agree with, you will realize they are just following the path.
  • Options

lighten up a bit.

no, Rick and Michonne are not a thing in the comics. Rick and Andrea are I believe. my buddy tells me Jesus does not come from Negan's camp, but another one. I won't say anymore, as I don't want to spoil it for anyone else.
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    rival. said:

this show has a funny following. there is the demographic that watch it because they love the comics, and then there is the demographic that watch it because it's the most popular show on TV and those are the ones that are typically the most harsh on episodes without knowing the story via comic books and not knowing that this show is following a very specific path.

sure, there are some slow episodes here and there. but there is always a purpose and an overall contribution to the story (except that beth & daryl episode -- that was just terrible).

i suggest everyone that cares enough about the show to purchase the compendium books cheap on amazon and read up to the at least to the point they are at in the show now. the books are twisted --- lots of sex, much more violence, torture. they had to HEAVILY edit certain plot points on the show to make it work for television. even read slightly ahead of where the show is now to see where the show is going, so when the next thing that happens that someone doesn't agree with, you will realize they are just following the path.

I don't fit into any of those categories. I watch it cause I love the show. I didn't like this episode because a) at the time I believed only 2 weeks had passed, b) I'm not a massive fan of the same formula they keep using (massively action packed episode followed by the group falling into a domestic and happy way of life), and c) I really didn't like Richonne. when they were sitting on the couch, it was like they were talking like Rick just got home from a day at the office. Yes, I get it. that's exactly what they were trying to do. But after all this time, those two had never even had an inkling of chemistry, now all of a sudden? it should have been built a bit more; that's all.

looking forward to this jesus guy though. seems like he's going to be a massive pain in the ass.
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    RiverrunnerRiverrunner Posts: 2,419
    rival. said:

everyone gets it on with everyone in the books. it's basically one gigantic orgy to be honest. DALE and andrea were a thing in the comics -- just let that sink in :lol:
    Nooooooooooooo!

The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way it treats its animals. Ghandi
  • Options
    bobby dazzlersbobby dazzlers Posts: 2,005
    edited February 2016
    So when is Michonne going to bite it?
    All of Ricks ladies seem to meet untimely dooms
    It's a hopeless... situation
    And I'm starting to believe
  • Options
    damn i hope Michonne dont die she is an awesome character.

regardless of comic/show story line that whole scene with Jesus, Rick, and Daryl was dumb.

• Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,948
    Nami said:

damn i hope Michonne dont die she is an awesome character.

regardless of comic/show story line that whole scene with Jesus, Rick, and Daryl was dumb.

i finally watched this weeks episode (was out on Sunday). the jesus, daryl, rick thing had potential but i think they dropped the ball on a few parts of it. like him on the roof thing and the chase scene. Maybe it picks up this week? Not sure how i feel about michonne and rick, i guess i should have seen it coming, but for some reason it was uneasy to watch.
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    Sprunkn7Sprunkn7 Posts: 5,277
    I liked it. Had some funny parts. It was a good break from all the tense high energy episodes and puts us back on track with whats up and a few peaks at were every bodies heads are at.
    Thank you fellow 10 clubber for saving my ass....again!!!
  • Options
    bobby dazzlersbobby dazzlers Posts: 2,005
    edited February 2016
    Néw episode tonight?
    It's a hopeless... situation
    And I'm starting to believe
  • Options
    mca47mca47 Posts: 13,257
    I thought it was a pretty good episode. I liked Maggie putting that leader creep in his place and I like how they involved Abraham a bit. Some characters seem to "disappear" for a while. Where the heck is Carol? Seems like she would want to be around for such big decisions.
    I do think it was a bit crazy for Rick's group to decide so quickly that they'll "take care" of Negan and his people. And wasn't it Daryl that said they'd do it too? All season it seems like he's been the one to question initiating violence.
    The scene in the RV as they were driving to Hilltop, where Rick put his hand on Michonne's leg....lame! hahaha! Do you think Michonne doesn't have to call "shotgun" anymore when Rick's driving? Is it assumed? hahaha! It would have been funny if a character called him out on that. "Hey, so uh...now that you and Michonne are doing it, um...does that mean she always gets shotgun now because that's bullshit!"
  • Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,747
    mca47 said:

I thought it was a pretty good episode. I liked Maggie putting that leader creep in his place and I like how they involved Abraham a bit. Some characters seem to "disappear" for a while. Where the heck is Carol? Seems like she would want to be around for such big decisions.
    I do think it was a bit crazy for Rick's group to decide so quickly that they'll "take care" of Negan and his people. And wasn't it Daryl that said they'd do it too? All season it seems like he's been the one to question initiating violence.
    The scene in the RV as they were driving to Hilltop, where Rick put his hand on Michonne's leg....lame! hahaha! Do you think Michonne doesn't have to call "shotgun" anymore when Rick's driving? Is it assumed? hahaha! It would have been funny if a character called him out on that. "Hey, so uh...now that you and Michonne are doing it, um...does that mean she always gets shotgun now because that's bullshit!"

Yep. There are way too many "regular" characters on here to hit on all of them each episode. Definitely agree that Carol should have been involved with something like this.
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,651
    I laughed at some of the stuff this week --- and especially how chummy everyone was as they drove off with the load of supplies at the end. You know the shit is going to hit the fan shortly, nothing stays "good" for long in their world.
    Laughed at the shotgun calling idea.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    all of Abe's euphemisms were funny. I didn't even realize he and Rosita were still bangin'. Now he wants Sasha too? Poor guy. he's in the zombie apocalypse, with limited access to females, and he is tortured by choosing between two! I'd take Rosita in a heartbeat, FWIW.

I think Daryl also realizes how dire their food situation is, which is why he seems so eager to take out Negan. But he also probably realizes that the Negan issue won't go away, especially since he just blew up half his troupe.
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    Sprunkn7Sprunkn7 Posts: 5,277
    OMG, bisquick...
    Thank you fellow 10 clubber for saving my ass....again!!!
  • Options
    RiverrunnerRiverrunner Posts: 2,419
    That whole let's load up the RV and go visit Jesus's town was ridiculous. What happened to checking out a place before driving right up to the front gate? Geez. Shouldn't they have stopped a ways back and then snuck up on foot to check things out? And left 1/2 of the group behind as snipers if something went wrong? It was about like the whole truck in the lake segment from last week. Drive up to the front gate. Get stuck in the mud. WTF? All the risk involved with approaching another group and Rick just decides to drive through a muddy spot on the road?

O.K. I'm done bitching. I actually liked the episode. Abe was a hoot, but others say that the focus on him is a bad sign. Like he will bite the dust soon. And poor Rosita. She can't keep her man in the ZA. What do you do? It's not like she can avoid Abe & Sasha if they do get together. Maybe she will move to Hilltop. More than likely one of the three will die, which will solve the problem.
    The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way it treats its animals. Ghandi
  • Options

That whole let's load up the RV and go visit Jesus's town was ridiculous. What happened to checking out a place before driving right up to the front gate? Geez. Shouldn't they have stopped a ways back and then snuck up on foot to check things out? And left 1/2 of the group behind as snipers if something went wrong? It was about like the whole truck in the lake segment from last week. Drive up to the front gate. Get stuck in the mud. WTF? All the risk involved with approaching another group and Rick just decides to drive through a muddy spot on the road?

O.K. I'm done bitching. I actually liked the episode. Abe was a hoot, but others say that the focus on him is a bad sign. Like he will bite the dust soon. And poor Rosita. She can't keep her man in the ZA. What do you do? It's not like she can avoid Abe & Sasha if they do get together. Maybe she will move to Hilltop. More than likely one of the three will die, which will solve the problem.

I was thinking the same exact thing about them not being very cautious about going to Hilltop. it was out of character for the group to be so careless and trusting.
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com