Options

THE WALKING DEAD...and all things zombie

Comments

• Options
    mca47mca47 Posts: 13,257

That whole let's load up the RV and go visit Jesus's town was ridiculous. What happened to checking out a place before driving right up to the front gate? Geez. Shouldn't they have stopped a ways back and then snuck up on foot to check things out? And left 1/2 of the group behind as snipers if something went wrong? It was about like the whole truck in the lake segment from last week. Drive up to the front gate. Get stuck in the mud. WTF? All the risk involved with approaching another group and Rick just decides to drive through a muddy spot on the road?

O.K. I'm done bitching. I actually liked the episode. Abe was a hoot, but others say that the focus on him is a bad sign. Like he will bite the dust soon. And poor Rosita. She can't keep her man in the ZA. What do you do? It's not like she can avoid Abe & Sasha if they do get together. Maybe she will move to Hilltop. More than likely one of the three will die, which will solve the problem.

I was thinking the same exact thing about them not being very cautious about going to Hilltop. it was out of character for the group to be so careless and trusting.
    Especially since all they've known of Jesus is a guy who has been nothing but a sneaky character.
    Why wouldn't they also think, "Gee, this guy deceived us and made off with our truck before...perhaps we should keep some enforcement behind in case once we leave, they won't just take over Alexandria..."
    Instead they packed the RV with all their best soldiers and made off for another town they knew nothing about. They more or less left the kids behind.
    The last confrontation the group had with anyone new was Negan's bike gang who were going to kill everyone had it not been for Daryl and his RPG. Why would they be so trustful of Jesus and just drive right up to the gates without checking it out first? Dumb.
    Oh well.
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,951
    I think Carol should have talked to Greg instead of Maggie. Kinda interested in knowing "Jesus' " background now.
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,836

I think Carol should have talked to Greg instead of Maggie. Kinda interested in knowing "Jesus' " background now.

maybe she's too busy boning Morgan.
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,651
    Carol would have shot him in the groin during the first interaction. She is a little....severe.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options

:lol: wouldn't surprise me, everyone seems to be doing it in the show recently
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
  • Options
    darwinstheorydarwinstheory LaPorte, IN Posts: 5,800

:lol: wouldn't surprise me, everyone seems to be doing it in the show recently
    Darryl need to get himself some one of these seasons.
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • Options
    That was a pretty kick ass episode! lot of action and romance. :wink:
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
  • Options
    darwinstheorydarwinstheory LaPorte, IN Posts: 5,800
    All kinds of hooking up happening lately. Who's gonna be the next new hot couple?

Eugene and Darryl??? :dizzy:
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • Options
    pickupyourwillpickupyourwill Posts: 3,135

All kinds of hooking up happening lately. Who's gonna be the next new hot couple?

So it looks like Carol and whats-his-name will probably be hooking up next. I've got a question here for all you avid watchers. Weren't Carol and Darryl a couple for a season or so?--at the farm or when they were looking for Beth--it was like a friends with benefits situation?--like what Rick and Michonne may be now?
  • Options

So it looks like Carol and whats-his-name will probably be hooking up next. I've got a question here for all you avid watchers. Weren't Carol and Darryl a couple for a season or so?--at the farm or when they were looking for Beth--it was like a friends with benefits situation?--like what Rick and Michonne may be now?
    I don't remember Carol and Daryl ever actually hooking up. All I remember is playful banter. I could be wrong though.

That said, I thought that was a solid episode! Anyone know how many episodes are left?
    I didn't watch the preview for next week...but do you think those who captured Carol and Maggie know the extent of what happened in that building? If so, why would they even bother keeping them alive? Rick's group killed every last one of them and now they are going to try to negotiate?
  • Options
    mca47 said:

I don't remember Carol and Daryl ever actually hooking up. All I remember is playful banter. I could be wrong though.

That said, I thought that was a solid episode! Anyone know how many episodes are left?
    I didn't watch the preview for next week...but do you think those who captured Carol and Maggie know the extent of what happened in that building? If so, why would they even bother keeping them alive? Rick's group killed every last one of them and now they are going to try to negotiate?
    I think there may be 4 left...? That's a good point about why they're even keeping Carol and Maggie alive if they know what Rick and the crew did. The preview for next week just showed the one of Negan's ladies talking to Rick on walkie talkie. They let Maggie and Carol both say hey to let them know they're alive. Then the Negan lady said something about trading your 2 for our 1 doesn't seem fair...blah blah blah...then a Negan guy called Carol a bitch for cutting his arm and she gave him the stink eye...lol. Chris Hardwick said that Carol was probably going to open a can of whoop-ass on him when she got the chance..lol.
  • Options
    carol and daryl never hooked up. there was speculation, and flirting, but it never came to be.

4 episodes left is correct.
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    two of the severed heads were greg nicotero and johnny depp. not sure who the third was. Nicotero sure loves to put himself in projects he's involved in. he was a walker a while back.
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    I'm wondering if Carol is the next major character to bite it. she hasn't been heavily involved in many scenes lately, and when she told Maggie she needs to be something different, I'm wondering if Carol sacrifices herself to save Maggie.
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options

I'm wondering if Carol is the next major character to bite it. she hasn't been heavily involved in many scenes lately, and when she told Maggie she needs to be something different, I'm wondering if Carol sacrifices herself to save Maggie.

I'll have to watch that scene again. Since Carol had been keeping the journal/tally of people she had killed, she's definitely living with some guilt--standing in front of Sam's grave. Maybe they are leading up to something like that.
  • Options
    Sprunkn7Sprunkn7 Posts: 5,277
    My gal pal and I had a little WD pow wow. We hear / see Daryl is getting his own motorcycle show so maybe they will kill him off? mmm, instead of Glenn?? I actually would be ok with that. ..Also we talked about Carol biting it too, since she seems to have come full circle. Maybe Morgan will convert her, if she survives? 4 episodes left? Wow, it goes so fast.
    Thank you fellow 10 clubber for saving my ass....again!!!
  • Options
    bobby dazzlersbobby dazzlers Posts: 2,007

I'll have to watch that scene again. Since Carol had been keeping the journal/tally of people she had killed, she's definitely living with some guilt--standing in front of Sam's grave. Maybe they are leading up to something like that.
    nice catch!!!
    It's a hopeless... situation
    And I'm starting to believe
  • Options
    Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    Carol left one of her nut cookies on Sam's grave.
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • Options
    NamiNami Newfoundland Posts: 5,989
    edited March 2016
    great episode last night. carol going through major inner turmoil whiling dealing with the situation her and maggie were in. Maggie went a lil cray cray too taking over for carol... great show.
    Hamilton 9-13-05; Toronto 5-9-06, Toronto 8-21-09, Toronto 9-12-11, Hamilton 9-15-11....
  • Options
    RiverrunnerRiverrunner Posts: 2,419
    I agree. It was a great episode. Very disturbing IMO. I'm not sure why Maggie and Carol felt they had to burn those guys alive. Why couldn't they just lock them in. And maybe they had to kill them, but why in this way? The question is: what's moral in the ZA?
    The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way it treats its animals. Ghandi
  • Options
    they had to kill them all so not to leave a trail for revenge... imo. the burning was intense but probably the easiest route with armed people. no chance for any additional issues.

Hamilton 9-13-05; Toronto 5-9-06, Toronto 8-21-09, Toronto 9-12-11, Hamilton 9-15-11....
  • Options
    What I don't get is why someone would walk into a room covered in gas?
    "Hello, anyone here? Gee, I don't see them. They're not here and this entire room is drenched in gas. That's weird."
  • Options
    mca47 said:

"Hello, anyone here? Gee, I don't see them. They're not here and this entire room is drenched in gas. That's weird."

lol...good point.
  • Options
    I Loved it. Nobody threatens that the little Pancake will be Walker snack food and lives...Ha!!!
  • Options
    Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    At the end of the episode, they show blood dripping from Carols hand.
    Was she injured in the fight or was she grasping the sharp rosary cross hard in her hand, thus cutting her own hand?
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • Options

At the end of the episode, they show blood dripping from Carols hand.
    Was she injured in the fight or was she grasping the sharp rosary cross hard in her hand, thus cutting her own hand?

grasping the sharpened cross she used to get out
  • Options
    mca47 said:

Ha! So true. I mean it was just an empty room right. They could see nobody was in there. So they all go in and stand around saying WTF? I guess if they were that dumb you can't blame Maggie & Carol. :) And even dumber is ignoring a door to the right (where Maggie & Carol were) before you enter the "killing floor" aka "burning floor" that is slightly open. Geez. That is the first door I would have looked in. Instead, like cattle, they walk into an enclosed room - all of them.
    The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way it treats its animals. Ghandi
  • Options
    I also yelled at Carol when she told their captors that Maggie was pregnant. Later she told them that her own group had killed the Saviors bike gang. Why? Did she think that the women captors would be empathetic to Maggie? I would not have wanted them to know if it was me. That could be real leverage for the Saviors. And why piss them off about killing all the bikers? Was it because she thought it would make them look tough?
  • Options
    I especially liked that Daryl went right to Carol. He'll help her get her head straight.
  • Options

I also yelled at Carol when she told their captors that Maggie was pregnant. Later she told them that her own group had killed the Saviors bike gang. Why? Did she think that the women captors would be empathetic to Maggie? I would not have wanted them to know if it was me. That could be real leverage for the Saviors. And why piss them off about killing all the bikers? Was it because she thought it would make them look tough?

So the saviours knew that rick et al had a reason for attacking....thus creating a little understanding. The whole episode carol was breaking down the barrier with that woman, creating an understanding between them so her guard came down, bit by bit. i think she is anted to save them. She knows everyone they come in contact with ends up dead, and she is clearly tired of killing.

Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com