Options

What is the worst film you've ever seen?

Comments

• Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,654

I haven't read all the pages, but I'm going to assume this movie has already been mentioned, I think it was called the Wicker Man, with Nicholas Cage. So fucking bad.

That is a remake of a pretty good movie.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    InHiding80InHiding80 Upland,CA Posts: 7,623

I haven't read all the pages, but I'm going to assume this movie has already been mentioned, I think it was called the Wicker Man, with Nicholas Cage. So fucking bad.

Unless you watch it as a comedy like The Happening or The Room. I recommend the Rifftrax commentary for it as well.
  • Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    Vulgar
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    eddieceddiec Posts: 3,840
    Not sure if it was mentioned but GYMKATA has to be in the Top 5. It's so bad that it's good. Stars this gymnast who learns karate and all the fight scenes involve some form of gymnast apparatus- classic! Check out this classic fight scene where a pommel horse just happens to be in the middle of this village.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mQxHgWznczM
  • Options
    BLACK35BLACK35 Hanover, Ontario Posts: 22,492
    eddiec said:

Not sure if it was mentioned but GYMKATA has to be in the Top 5. It's so bad that it's good. Stars this gymnast who learns karate and all the fight scenes involve some form of gymnast apparatus- classic! Check out this classic fight scene where a pommel horse just happens to be in the middle of this village.

Lol, I have seen this movie, don't recall much of it, but seen it was when I was kid
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincinnati, St. Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Ottawa, Toronto 1
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2
  • Options
    eddiec said:

How that never made it to MST3K or Rifftrax yet I'll never understand.

The movie is at its most ridiculous when the bad guy gives up and chops his hand off.
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,982

eddiec said:

The movie is at its most ridiculous when the bad guy gives up and chops his hand off.
    that should be in "The Worst Fight Scene Ever" thread" :lol:
    http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/124164
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    whispering handswhispering hands Under your skin Posts: 13,527
    Just watched a VERY VERY low budget B movie about a girl that wanted to ride in a rodeo.. It was so low budget that 16 or so scenes had no sound dubbed in!! And they kept switching back and forth referring to the horse as female, then male.. Several times too! Super horrible film making!! Lol
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,928
    lol. check this out:
    United Passions was also a box office bomb, becoming the lowest-grossing film of all time in American history (with $918[490]), surpassing the previous record held by I Kissed a Vampire ($1,380) in 2012, while going straight to DVD in France and lacking any distribution in a number of other European countries.[491][492] Several of the people involved in United Passions later expressed regret over the film. Director Auburtin called United Passions "a disaster" and added "Now I'm seen as bad as the guy who brought AIDS to Africa or the guy who caused the financial crisis ... apparently I am a propaganda guy making films for corrupt people."[492][493] Tim Roth apologized for taking part in the film and admitted that he took the job in United Passions for the money.[493
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,420
    $918??? So, like, 88 people went to see this film? Wow!!
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,654
    edited September 2016
    I just watched the preview of United Passions, and for a good minute I could have sworn I was watching a youtube ad that comes before the video, because the preview came off exactly like one of those Canada Heritage Minutes that you see during the intermission on CBC Hockey Night in Canada, hahaha. They're these reenactments of historical Canadian moments, like when some Canadian guy invented basketball by cutting a hole in the bottom of a fruit basket. :lol:
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,928
    PJ_Soul said:

I just watched the preview of United Passions, and for a good minute I could have sworn I was watching a youtube ad that comes before the video, because the preview came off exactly like one of those Canada Heritage Minutes that you see during the intermission on CBC Hockey Night in Canada, hahaha. They're these reenactments of historical Canadian moments, like when some Canadian guy invented basketball by cutting a hole in the bottom of a fruit basket. :lol:

It was that bad?! Lol
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    whispering handswhispering hands Under your skin Posts: 13,527
    Safe travels Rob.
  • Options
    dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    Titanic... who knew that fucker would sink? Gutted :bawling:
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • Options
    pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,218
    Spring Breakers - holy shit you gotta see this atrocity. even hot girls don't make it watchable.
  • Options
    MalrothMalroth broken down chevrolet Posts: 2,487
    pjhawks said:

Spring Breakers - holy shit you gotta see this atrocity. even hot girls don't make it watchable.

I watched it.
    The worst of times..they don't phase me,
    even if I look and act really crazy.
  • Options
    pjalive21pjalive21 St. Louis, MO Posts: 2,818
    Legion.........walked out halfway through that movie
  • Options
    Tusk

By a long shot. Tusk.

Horrible. Johnny Depp is in it too and not just for a cameo.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options

Tusk

By a long shot. Tusk.

Silent Bob made a movie even worse than Cop Out?
  • Options
    JWPearlJWPearl Posts: 19,893
    I once had this portuguses boyfriend that loved watching horrors
    So he got this movie out in which I can't remember the name of but the story goes like this
    They own a fast food joint two young guys but spike their costomers drinks with some weird stuff and start
    Killing them to chop them up for food for the costomers and some costomers joined in the
    Killing and eating, and finally it was a slaughter party joint and they created a female human like beast
    Who called herself cheeta, and she I think killed the owners lol worse film I ever saw
  • Options
    JWPearl said:

So he got this movie out in which I can't remember the name of but the story goes like this
    They own a fast food joint two young guys but spike their costomers drinks with some weird stuff and start
    Killing them to chop them up for food for the costomers and some costomers joined in the
    Killing and eating, and finally it was a slaughter party joint and they created a female human like beast
    Who called herself cheeta, and she I think killed the owners lol worse film I ever saw

Sounds like Blood Diner.
  • Options
    JWPearlJWPearl Posts: 19,893

JWPearl said:

Sounds like Blood Diner.
    Did you watch it too and what do you think of it
  • Options
    hauntingfamiliarhauntingfamiliar Wilmington, NC Posts: 10,217
    Matrix 3
  • Options
    God bless ya if you can get through 200 Motels
    Worcester1 13, Worcester2 13, Hartford 13, San Diego 13, Los Angeles1 13, Los Angeles2 13
    Trieste 14, Vienna 14, Gdynia 14, Leeds 14, Milton Keynes 14, Denver 14
    Central Park 15
    Fort Lauderdale 16, Miami 16, Tampa 16, Jacksonville 16, Greenville 16, Hampton 16, Columbia 16, Lexington 16, Philly1 16, Philly2 16, NYC1 16, NYC2 16, Quebec City 16, Ottawa 16, Toronto1 16, Toronto2 16, Fenway1 16, Fenway2 16, Wrigley1 16, Wrigley2 16

• Options
    Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    London Has Fallen
    Jesus, this was completely ridiculous.
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • Options
    edited September 2016
    JWPearl said:

JWPearl said:

Sounds like Blood Diner.
    Did you watch it too and what do you think of it
    No but I've seen reviews of it and the trailer on YouTube. Looks like a really pitch black horror comedy similar to movies like Frankenhooker.

I remember being freaked out by the poster for it because it was always at the video store when I was a kid.
    Post edited by InHiding80 on
  • Options
    Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    JWPearl said:

Hahahah, somehow I dont think I have seen this one.
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • Options
    Massara133Massara133 Stettler AB Canada Posts: 430

eddiec said:

C'mon! Spoiler! ;)
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,420

Tusk

By a long shot. Tusk.

Oh yeah, Tusk is fucking awful! Great cast. And it had potential but it all went to shit.

But I've been to a Kevin Smith show and he spent a lot of time explaining why he made it and, believe it or not, it kinda made sense.

The main thing he kept saying was that you can do anything you want in this world if you put the work in. "For instance, I made a movie about a guy turning another guy into a fucking walrus!"
  • Options
    MalrothMalroth broken down chevrolet Posts: 2,487

Tusk

By a long shot. Tusk.

Oh yeah, Tusk is fucking awful! Great cast. And it had potential but it all went to shit.

But I've been to a Kevin Smith show and he spent a lot of time explaining why he made it and, believe it or not, it kinda made sense.

The main thing he kept saying was that you can do anything you want in this world if you put the work in. "For instance, I made a movie about a guy turning another guy into a fucking walrus!"
    I watched Tusk.
    The worst of times..they don't phase me,
    even if I look and act really crazy.