Options

What is the worst film you've ever seen?

Comments

• Options
    vomikus39vomikus39 Posts: 250
    BF89905 wrote:
    Burn After Reading, Lost in Translation, In Bruges, Across the Universe

Oh man, In Bruge was pretty good, I thought. I've actually been to Bruge, awesome town.

Green Lantern---worst movie ever!!!
    Who the f*ck goes around skinning cats~~Ed

It all comes down to changing your head~~John Lennon

MSG 6-24-08/MSG 5-21-10/Philly MIA 9-2-12/Chicago Wrigley Field 7-19-13/Brooklyn NY 1&2 10-2013/Philly 1&2 10-2013
  • Options
    curlygirly9curlygirly9 Vancouver, WA Posts: 1,872
    Men who stair at goats. George Clooney owes me $10.50

My family dragged me to see this, and they all fell asleep! I'm the only one that watched it. It was bizarre, and the only thing I remember is "the sparkly eyes technique" which I thought was hilarious, but the rest of the movie :fp:
    Rose Garden Arena - Nov 02, 2000, Key Arena - Oct 22, 2001, Key Arena - Dec 08, 2002, Key Arena - Dec 09, 2002, Clark County Amphitheater - Sep 26, 2009
  • Options
    curlygirly9curlygirly9 Vancouver, WA Posts: 1,872
    BF89905 wrote:
    Burn After Reading, Lost in Translation, In Bruges, Across the Universe

Burn After Reading?! Not my favorite Coen Bros. movie, but it's worth it for Brad Pitt's hair and John Malkovich's "WTF's" alone :lol:
    Rose Garden Arena - Nov 02, 2000, Key Arena - Oct 22, 2001, Key Arena - Dec 08, 2002, Key Arena - Dec 09, 2002, Clark County Amphitheater - Sep 26, 2009
  • Options
    Who PrincessWho Princess out here in the fields Posts: 7,305
    norm wrote:
    Enkidu wrote:
    Check this one out. And with Karen Black, no less.

acbdde14-9e1d-45ae-b983-eb7269e669be_zps288e0652.jpg

who passed away today :(
    Wow, I had no idea until I saw your post. Just finished reading her obit. :(
    "The stars are all connected to the brain."
  • Options
    JonnyPistachioJonnyPistachio Florida Posts: 10,217
    Man, im on a roll these days. Intolerable Cruelty was possible the worst pile of hot steamy shit I've ever seen.
    Im amazed George Clooney and Catherine Zeta Beta tau Jones agreed to that mess.
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
  • Options
    LloydXmasLloydXmas Posts: 7,539
    Turbo
  • Options
    The Waiting Trophy ManThe Waiting Trophy Man Niagara region, Ontario, Canada Posts: 12,158
    I wasn't impressed with Django Unchained. I hated it, actually. Almost watched it all, but had to shut it off near the end. I couldn't take it anymore. I found it repulsive.
    Another habit says it's in love with you
    Another habit says its long overdue
    Another habit like an unwanted friend
    I'm so happy with my righteous self
  • Options
    I wasn't impressed with Django Unchained. I hated it, actually. Almost watched it all, but had to shut it off near the end. I couldn't take it anymore. I found it repulsive.

How so? I thought it was entertaining.
    Virginia Beach 2000; Pittsburgh 2000; Columbus 2003; D.C. 2003; Pittsburgh 2006; Virginia Beach 2008; Cleveland 2010; PJ20 2011; Pittsburgh 2013; Baltimore 2013; Charlottesville 2013; Charlotte 2013; Lincoln 2014; Moline 2014; St. Paul 2014; Greenville 2016; Hampton 2016; Lexington 2016; Wrigley 2016; Prague 2018; Krakow 2018; Berlin 2018; Fenway 2018; Camden 2022; St. Paul 2023
  • Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,123
    MV5BMTUzMjU1NzY4NV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwODg0ODU4NA@@._V1._SX148_CR0,0,148,200_.jpg

One of the biggest turds I've been unfortunate to witness. I want to hit every actor in the head that participated in this.
  • Options
    The Waiting Trophy ManThe Waiting Trophy Man Niagara region, Ontario, Canada Posts: 12,158
    SK359828 wrote:

The racism was too much. Maybe it had more to do with me than being a "bad" movie. Just wasn't my ki d of movie I guess. I didn't find it entertaining. It was pretty disturbing actually.
  • Options
    catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    SK359828 wrote:

The racism was too much. Maybe it had more to do with me than being a "bad" movie. Just wasn't my ki d of movie I guess. I didn't find it entertaining. It was pretty disturbing actually.

the racism was reflective of the time in which the movie was set. and its a good thing you found it repulsive.. thered be something wrong with you if you didn't. I find racism repulsive but I loved django unchained.. but then again I am a huge fan of tarantinos and have been for over 20 years so my opinion comes with bias... tho I will say his aussie accent left a lot to be desired.
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Options
    the racism was reflective of the time in which the movie was set. and its a good thing you found it repulsive.. thered be something wrong with you if you didn't. I find racism repulsive but I loved django unchained.. but then again I am a huge fan of tarantinos and have been for over 20 years so my opinion comes with bias... tho I will say his aussie accent left a lot to be desired.
    [/quote]

Are you picking on me tonight? lol

I knew what I was getting into. It was just too much for me. I can usually handle anything, but this one bothered me. I still like Pulp Fiction and Jackie Brown though.
  • Options
    Mamasan23Mamasan23 Posts: 16,380
    Magnolia. I wouldn't wish that piece of shit on my worst enemy :nono:
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
  • Options
    catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003

Are you picking on me tonight? lol

I knew what I was getting into. It was just too much for me. I can usually handle anything, but this one bothered me. I still like Pulp Fiction and Jackie Brown though.

oh youd know it if I were picking on you. :lol:

well if you didn't like pulp fiction then Id know there was something seriously amiss. ;)8-)
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Options
    OkumOkum Vancouver, BC Posts: 231
    Darkman
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,983
    edited September 2016
    cdp1223 said:

Brisk. wrote:

Troll 2

Worst film ever but its so bad thats its actually one of the best films as it soo funny!

One of my all time favorites!!

Confession: I kind of love bad films.

i just saw this last night for the first time. yeah it was bad but like MST3K bad. :lol:
    Post edited by eeriepadave on
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,420
    Constantine
    Pretty much any movie by M Night Shyamalan
    Anything Uwe Boll has ever touched
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,772
    Having seen a lot of movies, I'm not sure what the worst film I've ever seen is but I remember walking out of the theater about 20 minutes into "Room With A View" and recently returned "Mr. Turner" to Netflix after only being able to sit through about 1/3 of it.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    InHiding80InHiding80 Upland,CA Posts: 7,623
    edited September 2016
    After Earth
    How Do You Know?

Sad that the latter might be Nicholson's last movie if he never works again.
    Post edited by InHiding80 on
  • Options
    MalrothMalroth broken down chevrolet Posts: 2,487
    edited September 2016

smg97791 wrote:

i wouldn't say it was the worst i've ever seen but i thought district 9 was pure shit. it started off good but just dragged on and on and even though i wasn't on the edge of my seat or anything when it ended, finally, i was like that's it???? all that for this?

Seriously?! District 9 is one of the BEST films I have ever seen. It dragged on and on? The film was less than two hours long. You must have the attention span of a four year old. I'm curious now to know what some of your favorite films are or at least some films you think are good.

starship troopers

seriously, dick, a movie doesn't have to be 4 hours to drag on and on. it seemed like some parts just weren't needed and put in there to make time. the guy gets stuff in his face and transforms into a 'prawn' and the haitians want his arm to use the weapons and he helps an alien and his kid escape.....hooray. it just didn't do it for me.

if i had to say off the top of my head, in no particular order

big lebowski

ladies and gentlemen, the fabulous stains

brazil (the director's cut, not the butchered versions)

fear & loathing in las vegas

best in show

anchorman

life is beautiful

amelie

scotland, pa

2 days in paris

before sunrise

about schmidt

eulogy

requiem for a dream

pan's labyrinth

eternal sunshine of the spotless mind

election

mr arkadin (the comprehensive version on the criterion collection release)

little miss sunshine

the life aquatic

made

the royal tenenbaums

punch-drunk love

office space

novocaine

year of the dog

stranger than fiction

tape

the tv set

waking life

everything is illuminated

very bad things

two evil eyes

the squid and the whale

taladega nights

the grand

not a movie but the sci-fi channel's mini series of dune was great

the others and the original version he did of what was later remade into vanilla sky (open your eyes, forget how to say it in spanish)

many of those are a lot longer than district 9 so no, i do not have the attention span of a 4 year old

There are some really good movies in here.
    The worst of times..they don't phase me,
    even if I look and act really crazy.
  • Options
    MalrothMalroth broken down chevrolet Posts: 2,487
    NoCode416 said:

District 9?

A.I.?

You guys must only watch "the greatest" movies if these movies qualify as your worst movie ever...

I suggest you watch Battlefield Earth so that you have a new least favorite movie. It is impressively awful.

Battlefield earth is the worst movie to be released in theaters.
    The worst of times..they don't phase me,
    even if I look and act really crazy.
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,933
    Tropic thunder. Absolutely terrible.
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,150
    mcgruff10 said:

Tropic thunder. Absolutely terrible.

Talk about a stupid amount of violence too.
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,524
    barton fink. sorry, hipsters, it sucked.

eraserhead.

chariots of fire. :sleepy:

If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    Bridesmaids. Just brutal. Had to dump a girl because of it.
    Worcester1 13, Worcester2 13, Hartford 13, San Diego 13, Los Angeles1 13, Los Angeles2 13
    Trieste 14, Vienna 14, Gdynia 14, Leeds 14, Milton Keynes 14, Denver 14
    Central Park 15
    Fort Lauderdale 16, Miami 16, Tampa 16, Jacksonville 16, Greenville 16, Hampton 16, Columbia 16, Lexington 16, Philly1 16, Philly2 16, NYC1 16, NYC2 16, Quebec City 16, Ottawa 16, Toronto1 16, Toronto2 16, Fenway1 16, Fenway2 16, Wrigley1 16, Wrigley2 16

• Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,654
    edited September 2016

Really? You dumped a girl over Bridesmaids? Care to elaborate just because I am curious as to how that played out? ;)
    (I thought it was a pretty funny movie!)
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    InHiding80InHiding80 Upland,CA Posts: 7,623
    edited September 2016

I can understand dumping her over Twilight or 50 Shades but not this.

I'm hoping 50 gets the Rifftrax treatment like all the Twilights. That's the only way I'll see it.
  • Options
    markymark550markymark550 Columbia, SC Posts: 5,110
    Might be drunk, but the first movie that comes to mind is Kazaam. That was pretty fuckin bad.
  • Options
    BLACK35BLACK35 Hanover, Ontario Posts: 22,492
    Blair Witch Project, has to be the worse ever
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincinnati, St. Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Ottawa, Toronto 1
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2
  • Options
    Massara133Massara133 Stettler AB Canada Posts: 430
    I haven't read all the pages, but I'm going to assume this movie has already been mentioned, I think it was called the Wicker Man, with Nicholas Cage. So fucking bad.