What song is what food?

Ms. HaikuMs. Haiku Washington DC Posts: 7,245
I was thinking about this as I was baking stuffed butterballs (coconut cookie enclosed around 2 whole toasted almonds). I don't think there's a Pearl Jam song that would make me think of stuffed butterballs, but I think ALONE could be a pizza pie. Who wants to eat an entire pizza pie by him/herself? So, in a way it's an ironic pairing, and yet, the song is about the struggle between what is alone and what is lonely, eh? (maybe/maybe not).

Dirty Frank of course is ultra-diet rice cakes - keeps you thin and out of harms way, and yet crunchy to ward off evil spirits with hangovers.
There is no such thing as leftover pizza. There is now pizza and later pizza. - anonymous
The risk I took was calculated, but man, am I bad at math - The Mincing Mockingbird
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• imspinninimspinnin Posts: 933
    Black is like a box of Godiva chocolates...all good things must come to an end.
    (that's why I eat mine very slowly;))
    If I could be anything in the world I would be your teardrop...I would be born in your eyes, live on your cheeks, and die on your lips.
  • little_wishlittle_wish England, The North Posts: 532
    Wash reminds me of a cold glass of milk :D
    20-04-2006 04-09-2006 05-09-2006 11-09-2006 16-09-2006 17-09-2006 18-06-2007 21-06-2007 26-06-2007 28-06-2007 17-08-2009 20-05-2010 21-05-2010

"The live shows? Well, that's church on Sundays"
  • burtschipsburtschips Posts: 734
    Hey Ms. H, how goes it? good thread!

Alive would have to be a full english breakfast after a very heavy night on the source!
    Salut baloo
  • Ms. HaikuMs. Haiku Washington DC Posts: 7,245
    burtschips wrote:
    Hey Ms. H, how goes it? good thread!

Alive would have to be a full english breakfast after a very heavy night on the source!
    Hello Hello! Ok, so what PJ song would be a hands down quintessential British Biscuit(cookie)? If tea was available on the side would it change?
    There is no such thing as leftover pizza. There is now pizza and later pizza. - anonymous
    The risk I took was calculated, but man, am I bad at math - The Mincing Mockingbird
  • Stephen FlowStephen Flow Posts: 3,327
    Sometimes reminds me of Almond Joys...

sometimes you feel like a nut, sometimes you don't.
    Sometimes reminds me of Almond Joys...

sometimes you feel like a nut, sometimes you don't.
    You gave me the biggest laugh today.
  • DopeBeastieDopeBeastie Posts: 2,513
    THE FRUIT THAT ATE ITSELF: From Jeremy Watterson

Take a drive in the wrong hand lane
    Got bad breath talking bout fresh rain
    my hand my hand gonna shake the same
    are you gonna be your own goddamn best friend
    well we taught the fruit how to eat itself
    it was hanging out alone all on the shelf
    how do I land
    cause I don't understand
    walk across the country shaking many hands
    and you're buying the product,
    but you didn't get that cos you already got it
    and you do not understand
    take a drive...
    black hole talking bout nothing
    you cant get the chicken or the stuffing
    going round and you think your tuff
    when you cant kick ass
    take a ride on a downtown train
    wake-up so you can get drunk again well
    take a drive in the wrong hand lane
    got bad breath talking bout fresh rain
    we taught the mirror how to admire itself
    are you gonna get sick worrying bout your health
    where do I land
    I don't understand
    PastaNazi wrote:
    THE FRUIT THAT ATE ITSELF: From Jeremy Watterson

Take a drive in the wrong hand lane
    Got bad breath talking bout fresh rain
    my hand my hand gonna shake the same
    are you gonna be your own goddamn best friend
    well we taught the fruit how to eat itself
    it was hanging out alone all on the shelf
    how do I land
    cause I don't understand
    walk across the country shaking many hands
    and you're buying the product,
    but you didn't get that cos you already got it
    and you do not understand
    take a drive...
    black hole talking bout nothing
    you cant get the chicken or the stuffing
    going round and you think your tuff
    when you cant kick ass
    take a ride on a downtown train
    wake-up so you can get drunk again well
    take a drive in the wrong hand lane
    got bad breath talking bout fresh rain
    we taught the mirror how to admire itself
    are you gonna get sick worrying bout your health
    where do I land
    I don't understand
    Let's see let's see, fruit eating itself, on a shelf, time-time is the issue. HMMM. Aha! I know Do The Evolution!
  • burtschipsburtschips Posts: 734
    Ms. Haiku wrote:
    Hello Hello! Ok, so what PJ song would be a hands down quintessential British Biscuit(cookie)? If tea was available on the side would it change?

The biscuit??? hmmmm. maybe hmmmm.

I know what it would be for a biscuit tea combo. Rear View Mirror, full pelt!

biscuit, maybe I am Mine. love it.
    Salut baloo
    Dissident is molasses. The song is slow, thick, and dark, with hidden secrets pressed into service.
  • imspinnin wrote:
    Black is like a box of Godiva chocolates...all good things must come to an end.
    (that's why I eat mine very slowly;))

Dammit!!! you took the exact thing i was going to say!! black = chocolate
    An ounce of deception
    Kills a pound of pain
    Elderly Woman is an eggs benedict breakfast which includes butter slathered toast, lots of fried potato cubes, and sliced pineapple, cantaloupe, and melon.

Given to Fly is the Kiwi.
    Around the bend is corn on the cob.

Associating food with the songs is forcing me to learn the songs (which I should know by now, but whatever . . . )

A song on Ten, and I don't know which one is either a toasted bagel/toasted bagel with cream cheese/toasted bagel with cream cheese and butter/or toasted bagel with cream cheese and lox.

Mankind is coke in a can.

Hail Hail is coconut cake.
    Evenflow...I guess would be a cinnamon altoid...bursting with flavor:D
    If I could be anything in the world I would be your teardrop...I would be born in your eyes, live on your cheeks, and die on your lips.
    Lukin is bar-b-que something. I don't usually bar-b-que, so I don't know what type of bar-b-que Lukin is, but definitely bar-b-que. Bar-b-que baby back ribs?
    Ms. Haiku wrote:
    Lukin is bar-b-que something. I don't usually bar-b-que, so I don't know what type of bar-b-que Lukin is, but definitely bar-b-que. Bar-b-que baby back ribs?
    yup!!! BBQ ribs because the song is so out of control...just like getting sauce on your face while eating BBQ ribs...Out of control!!! NICE;)
    Nice thread by the way...;)
    Habit is a snickers bar.

ARC is the first feast a parent has after a child is born.
    Smile is a Popcicle

Down is a Hoodsie Cup

:)
    Oceans would be steaming Clam Chowder...soothe the soul;)
    imspinnin wrote:
    Smile is a Popcicle

Down is a Hoodsie Cup

:)
    What's a Hoodsie Cup?
  • Soon Forget is M & M's. Why? Because once you put one in your mouth, you soon forget it was there and need to put another one in there...and another...and another...and yet another and another and another and another and another and another and another and another and then they're all gone and you're Parting Ways :(

:D

Oooo, and a big, hunk of rare steak is Animal! :p

And Blood is for the self mutilating cannibals in the crowd! :D:D

Food Haiku, What song is what food?...Girl, I wanna come to your kitchen! :)
    Forget your perfect offering, there is a crack in everything, that's how the light gets in. - Leonard Cohen
    Hello BE! Well, if you came by tonight you may see me baking madeleines with an orange honey glaze. Yeah, M&Ms are Soon Forget . . .
    Ms. Haiku wrote:
    What's a Hoodsie Cup?
    a little cup of vanilla and chocolate icecream...big favorite for kids!!
    Ummm...how about Garden..I think a juicy bacon cheese burger...so you can sink your teeth into...you know it's not that good for you but tastes ohhh so good!!!
    imspinnin wrote:
    Ummm...how about Garden..I think a juicy bacon cheese burger...so you can sink your teeth into...you know it's not that good for you but tastes ohhh so good!!!
    Ten is definitely about burgers and bagels.
  • darthvedder88darthvedder88 Posts: 1,023
    This isn't exactly a song, but I love listening to the album No Code while eating a huge bowl filled with salad!! YUMMY!! Then to top it off, finish with a nice fresh pepperoni pizza. Oh yeah, and you have to do this on a hot summer day while you're down in a cool basement...oh yeah, great times right there!
    "Darth Vader would say 'Impressive'."

-Eddie Vedder

6/24/06 Cincinatti, Ohio
    6/14/08 Manchester, Tennessee
  • little_wishlittle_wish England, The North Posts: 532
    MOTH is like a big red cherry :D
    20-04-2006 04-09-2006 05-09-2006 11-09-2006 16-09-2006 17-09-2006 18-06-2007 21-06-2007 26-06-2007 28-06-2007 17-08-2009 20-05-2010 21-05-2010

"The live shows? Well, that's church on Sundays"
    I've realized that if the band were a coffee drink they would have to be dark roast. I prefer medium roast myself, oddly enough since I'm a huge fan, but they are definitely dark roast. Also, they can not be Illy Caffe (with names like Gossard, Ament, etc Illy Caffe just doesn't scream at me with a big "YES!"), and I just don't see them as espresso, cappucino, etc. So, I think they are definitely equal exchange organic dark roast Mexican blend grande cup of coffee straight no cream or sugar. Mexico seems to have been a good time concert, eh.
    Alive would be a seasoning, like black pepper, you can sprinkle a little on anything...