What song is what food?

Comments

• Options
    Ms. HaikuMs. Haiku Washington DC Posts: 7,250
    I made a concoction this morning of the following:

juice from 4 lemons
    3 kiwi
    1 peach

I thought of Bugs since it was very refreshing, summer like, any ideas what it could be? I was trying to think of that this morning. SOLAT maybe.
    There is no such thing as leftover pizza. There is now pizza and later pizza. - anonymous
    The risk I took was calculated, but man, am I bad at math - The Mincing Mockingbird
  • Options
    imspinninimspinnin Posts: 933
    Ms. Haiku wrote:
    I made a concoction this morning of the following:

juice from 4 lemons
    3 kiwi
    1 peach

I thought of Bugs since it was very refreshing, summer like, any ideas what it could be? I was trying to think of that this morning. SOLAT maybe.
    it's sweet and refreshing of what's to come, as in Oceans
    If I could be anything in the world I would be your teardrop...I would be born in your eyes, live on your cheeks, and die on your lips.
  • Options
    imspinnin wrote:
    it's sweet and refreshing of what's to come, as in Oceans
    I forgot what that song sounds like. I'm going to post the lyrics to remember it. Hold a sec.
    There is no such thing as leftover pizza. There is now pizza and later pizza. - anonymous
    The risk I took was calculated, but man, am I bad at math - The Mincing Mockingbird
  • Options
    DE JammerDE Jammer Posts: 26
    gone: the chocolate silk pie that my kids ate last night. didn't save me a piece- will have to punish them now.
    Every day I get up and look through the Forbes list of the richest people in America. If I'm not there, I go to work. -Robert Orben
  • Options
    Hold on to the thread
    The currents will shift
    Glide me towards you
    Know something's left
    And we're all allowed
    to dream of the next
    Oh the next... time we touch..........

You don't have to stray
    Two oceans away
    Waves roll in my thoughts
    Hold tight the ring...
    The sea will rise...
    Please stand by the shore...

I will be...
    I will be...
    There once more.........

I still don't remember how it goes. I could go home and listen to it later. Maybe I remember it. Ok, I remember it a little. I don't see my kiwi/lemon/peach concoction as this I must admit. :)
  • Options
    Ms. Haiku wrote:
    Hold on to the thread
    The currents will shift
    Glide me towards you
    Know something's left
    And we're all allowed
    to dream of the next
    Oh the next... time we touch..........

You don't have to stray
    Two oceans away
    Waves roll in my thoughts
    Hold tight the ring...
    The sea will rise...
    Please stand by the shore...

I will be...
    I will be...
    There once more.........

I still don't remember how it goes. I could go home and listen to it later. Maybe I remember it. Ok, I remember it a little. I don't see my kiwi/lemon/peach concoction as this I must admit. :)
    I see it as hope for the future...and your drink is sweet as the future may be.
    If I could be anything in the world I would be your teardrop...I would be born in your eyes, live on your cheeks, and die on your lips.
  • Options
    Or maybe I'm just in my own little world right now...:o
  • Options
    No, no no that's a good explanation. It's kindof more like Gremmie Out of Control, though :) Definitely something near the beach type of song.
  • Options
    Dissident is a diet pepsi with kitkat bites because I feel I ate too many kitkat bites, and dissident is the closest word to decadence.
  • Options
    I made a concoction in my food processor this morning of the following:

1/2 banana
    juice from 2 lemons
    juice from 2 tangelos
    handful of blueberries
    handful of strawberries
    2 apricots

It was great! So, definitely a live version of something. RITFW because they were all organic fruit :)
  • Options
    SOLAT is like a citrus milkshake or something, refreshing and filling.
    PearlJam134.gif
  • Options
    Thin Air~ Wedding cake frosting on the corner of your mouth, being kissed off by the love of your life...
  • Options
    The songs that remind you of certain recipes that you create can be posted here with the recipes. What do you think?
  • Options
    Ms. Haiku wrote:
    The songs that remind you of certain recipes that you create can be posted here with the recipes. What do you think?
    great idea!!! Let's do it!!:D
  • Options
    prytocorduroyprytocorduroy Posts: 4,355
    Breath = Ice Breakers
  • Options
    lol, this has to be one of the strangest threads ive ever read.

have fun.
    peace, love.
  • Options
    TrophyManTrophyMan Posts: 29
    never though of this before - first instincts:

1/2 Full = Beer
    Alive = sushi
    Animal = cow (beef)
    Bee Girl = honey
    Better Man = butter (@ the dinner table - 'can't find the butter, man')
    Big Wave - lobster ('we used to be crustaceans')
    Black - blackened chicken
    Black, Red, Yellow - grilled bell peppers
    Blood - rare steak
    Bugs - crickets
    Cropduster - corn
    Deep - catfish
    Corduroy - Bread
    Pilate - Chinese food
    MFC - beef (Moo Fuck Cow [Lewis Black])

Brain of J., Brother, Daughter, Dead Man, Dirty Frank - people
    "I'm ahead, I'm advanced; I am the first man to clean up poopy pants"
    -E.V., 9/30/05, Borgata
  • Options
    Given To Fly is a Glass of Iced Tea while driving in a fast car heading west; Lukin is an energy drink while bearing someone else's loud music in a run-down neighborhood or a cramped setting.
    As The World Burns...
  • Options
    I baked lemon almond biscotti last night . . . nothing really coming to me as far as pearl jam songs. I'll try again :)
  • Options
    PJfaninmainePJfaninmaine Posts: 216
    TrophyMan wrote:
    never though of this before - first instincts:

1/2 Full = Beer
    Alive = sushi
    Animal = cow (beef)
    Bee Girl = honey
    Better Man = butter (@ the dinner table - 'can't find the butter, man')
    Big Wave - lobster ('we used to be crustaceans')
    Black - blackened chicken
    Black, Red, Yellow - grilled bell peppers
    Blood - rare steak
    Bugs - crickets
    Cropduster - corn
    Deep - catfish
    Corduroy - Bread
    Pilate - Chinese food
    MFC - beef (Moo Fuck Cow [Lewis Black])

Brain of J., Brother, Daughter, Dead Man, Dirty Frank - people

I love all of these ( smart thinking). I would have to say Present Tense reminds me of a bowl of 5 alarm chili very tense in the present huh?
    If being sane is thinking there's something wrong with being different....I'd rather be completely fucking mental.
    (Angelina Jolie)
  • Options
    Smile = saltwater taffy

BTW, to TrophyMan: you've gotta start eating at some better chinese joints if a song with a dog reminds you of chinese food.
    Baby humpback, baby humpback!
    Down the sewer, down the sewer!
  • Options
    Let's take it from a different angle, while we work on those recipes. What food would go with Immortality? First thing that comes to my mind is gum or something that can stay in your mouth a long time. What do you think?
  • Options
    Roasted Almonds is something off No Code I just don't know which one.
  • Options
    Fuckin' up=Habanero peppers
  • Options
    There's a deli in Manhattan (the Stage Deli) that makes this cheese cake that's around 4" tall. It's rediculous. One piece easily feeds 2 people. For one person, it's a challenge. For some reason, it reminds me of Immortality.
    Baby humpback, baby humpback!
    Down the sewer, down the sewer!
  • Options
    I finally blanched about 4.5 cups of almonds on Monday. Very easy. Anyway, I was able to make 3 types of cookies with the almonds after I skinned them: Mexican Tea Cookies, Almond Shortbread, and Almond and Bittersweet Chocolate Nuggets. I brought them all on a vacation I just took.

After I blanched the almonds I had to skin them before I could use them in a recipe. I was listening to Boston 06 #1 as I was pushing the meat out of the skin, and Release came on. It seemed very fitting as I was releasing the meat from the skin. So ironic it made me smile. :)
  • Options
    I baked orange-pistachio milk chocolate chippers, and they are definitely a ukelele cookie. The orange zest brings out the taste of the pistachios (about time something did), and almost adds a candied quality to the pistachios. The milk chocolate is more subtle than in other chocolate chip cookies. Twang like a ukelele.

What other ukelele songs are there besides "Soon Forget?" I guess it's "Soon Forget", if I can't find another one.
  • Options
    I tried to blanch hazelnuts because it worked for almonds, and I just ended up with soggy hazelnuts that I had to throw away. Even after I toasted them they were too soft. So, as I was realizing that this experiment did not work, I thought "This is total Gremmie Out of Control!"
  • Options
    is like a big strong Indian meal. It really fills you up and for can be a little uncomfortable for the weak and feint hearted!!!
    If Pearl Jam was a beer, they'd probably be the best beer in the world!!
  • Options
    Speaking of Indian cuisine, anyone have a vegetarian Indian cookbook to recommend?