What song is what food?

Comments

• imspinninimspinnin Posts: 933
    Ha ha....
    I just thought of Release when bitting into a cannoli:rolleyes:

Yes, i'm got a sick sense of humor:D
    If I could be anything in the world I would be your teardrop...I would be born in your eyes, live on your cheeks, and die on your lips.
  • Ms. HaikuMs. Haiku Washington DC Posts: 7,245
    I didn't have hazelnut extract yesterday so I used Rum in a white chocolate chip hazelnut cookie. Rum is "Black." I'm not much of a drinker, but recipes call for it, and I had extra. When I poured a couple teaspoons the smell definitely took up the batter. Alchohol was burned off and then the initial sense wafted away, lost in a batch of cookies/good wishes to be shared.
    There is no such thing as leftover pizza. There is now pizza and later pizza. - anonymous
    The risk I took was calculated, but man, am I bad at math - The Mincing Mockingbird
  • AscentAscent Posts: 3
    Wishlist is like warm croissants filled with chocolate and served with fresh strawberries......perfect at any time, always satisfying and luscious
    Brother - instrumental - is spicy hot. A chips and salsa type of thing as opposed to pad thai with tofu spicy.
    There is no such thing as leftover pizza. There is now pizza and later pizza. - anonymous
    The risk I took was calculated, but man, am I bad at math - The Mincing Mockingbird
    Rustic Maple Pecan Cookies (recipe ala Carole Walter in Great Cookies) is Education. I may not think they are the best cookies I've made, but a lot of my co-workers seem to like them. Similarly it seems that PJ thinks Education is a mediocre song, but I really like it. :)
  • is like a tiramisu!!! It's a perfect ending to a sumptuous and fantastic meal!!!
    If Pearl Jam was a beer, they'd probably be the best beer in the world!!
    is like a tiramisu!!! It's a perfect ending to a sumptuous and fantastic meal!!!
    There you go! The best reason for a song to be a certain food. :)

Coffee on the side, right?
  • Couldn't have said it better myself. Right, all this food talk has made me hungry...... gotta go eat!!!!
    If Pearl Jam was a beer, they'd probably be the best beer in the world!!
  • This is stupid. Rock n roll = beer
    All I have to do is revel in the everyday....then do it again tomorrow

They say every sin is deadly but I believe they may be wrong...I'm guilty of all seven and I don't feel too bad at all
  • This is stupid. Rock n roll = beer

I disagree, Rock n roll is more like a fine wine, it gets better with age :D
    no matter where you go,
    there you are.

- brain of c
  • Jesus, that was terrible
    no matter where you go,
    there you are.

- brain of c
    Rock n roll = quick meal before a concert, and then drink whatever you need to at the concert. May include nachos, quick sandwiches, pizza slices, who knows. When I was in Boston the meal before the May 24th concert included a spicy spaghetti meal then canolli and an espresso afterwards. What a good memory for a concert. Second night I had this wonderful beef spaghetti. I missed the opening band, but that's ok, I was happy.

I myself drink water at concerts. For this thread I reference individual songs. Some people can see a song in a painting or a book, or a memory. I thought, hey, what about food?

However, if we are talking about meals, PJ is definitely spaghetti to me, obviously, and finishing with a plated dessert and an espresso drink. No salad, but bread and olive oil before the meal is served. Man, I want to go back to Boston. One day, one day, whenever PJ plays there again, I will be back in Boston. :D
    I was listening to the June 1, 2006 bootleg while I was preparing the ingredients for white chocolate/macadamia nut cookies. When I heard ALONE I became more attentive to what was going on because it's my favorite song. I was chopping white chocolate. Well, I thought, "Am I alone?" The answer was "yes." Then I thought, "but I'm giving these cookies away to coworkers so it's creating community." In other words I broke the concept of Alone. The ironic part, and why I thought of the word "broke" is that during June 1, 2006 concert, Alone basically broke. There was some snaffu, and they had to restart where they left off. So, white chocolate macadamia nut cookies are a broken Alone a la E. Rutherford #1, 2006 concert.

Also, when I heard "Last Exit" off the same bootleg, the beginning really did sound like the image of a highway. Highway food consists of soda, and all the nathan's hotdogs or arbys, or whatever else is available at those rest stops. So, "Last Exist" is rest stop food. :)
    The song where they feel the magic in their hands. Whatever that is, probably a live song :D

I had all the ingredients for this new spiked apple cookie, but I didn't want to make it, and I was just reading reading, and then I thought to read one of my history of chocolate books. I usually don't look at recipes in those types of books, but then I saw that there is a Lowney's brownie recipe, and the only chocolate necessary was 2 oz unsweetened chocolate. Not bittersweet, not dutch processed cocoa, but unsweetened chocolate. I had unsweetened chocolate from a previous recipe, and i needed a way to get rid of it, and here it is!

So, since the ingredient list was very simple, the entire recipe was simple, I decided to add a technique I learned from a brownie recipe I tried a while ago. After the butter is melted take it off the double boiler and add the suger, then heat again until it's almost melted. It adds that top layer of shiny crust that's cool. Anyway, I did that, and i felt very priestess like: I found a new recipe just to get rid of old ingredients and I applied new techniques. Very cool. I think baking knowledge is learned in the head of course, but is applied through the hands. It's like I feel I have knowledge in my hands. One day one day croissants!

So, let's just say Porch E. Rutherford June 3, 2006 because that song blew me away. They must have felt like magicians and not just musicians :) I wonder if they felt the music more in their hands or their hearts or their heads or what?

It's actually a very good recipe from I forget the name of the book, I'll add it tomorrow. If I remember correctly the recipe consists of the following:

2 oz unsweetened chocolate - I used callebut: A
    1/2 cup butter - I used european style: B
    1/2 flour: C
    1/2 tsp salt (?): D
    1 cup sugar: E
    1/2 cup toasted pecans: F
    2 eggs: G

I added a lot of steps that I'm used to:

Preheat oven for over 20 minutes to 350 degrees. Line an 8x8" glass baking dish with tin foil, with some hanging over. Fold the hanging over to the sides on the outside. Do this 2 times so that two rectangles of tin foil are crossing within the glass baking dish. What this does is make it very easy to lift the brownies out of the dish as you just grab the ends of the tin foil. Spray with cooking spray.

Temper G in a glass bowl by iteself over simmering water (make body temperature), set aside.

Chop then melt A in glass bowl over simmering water. Remove from water before it all melts, the little unmelted chocolate will all melt on it's own.

Sift C + D together, then add F to the bowl.

Melt B in a glass/metal bowl over simmering water. Remove from heat and add E, and mix. Then back on simmering water, and just wait until it almost bubbles, and is shiny, a few minutes. This will add the crust on top when the brownies bake.

Remove from heat and add A, and stir to incorporate with a whisk. Then add G and stir to incorporate with a whisk. Then add F+D+C, and stir with a whisk/spatula/wooden spoon to incorporate.

Pour into prepared pan, bake 20 minutes. After 10 minutes turn around for even baking. Remove from oven when toothpick or cake tester comes out clean. Let cool away from oven. When cool remove from pan by grabbing two ends of the tin foil. Place on a rack. Put a cutting board or another rack on top. Turn over and remove the tin foil. Remove back to rightside up. Cut in squares or rectangles.
  • Porch and Brownies...now that's living:)
    If I could be anything in the world I would be your teardrop...I would be born in your eyes, live on your cheeks, and die on your lips.
    Elderly Woman Behind the Counter in a Small Town. It's a cupcake with raspberries, very sweet. I used cake flour so it was quite light. The frosting, if I didn't screw it up, was suppose to be pink with raspberries also. I was listening to the Antwerp bootleg as that song came on while the cupcakes were baking. Very small town USA treat, you know.

Anyone have a good recipe for an italian meringue buttercream? I just screwed up on the meringue part, luckily, so I didn't waste the butter. I think I just had too small a batch, and it got too hard. So, I eat the cupcakes without the frosting this time. Better than a muffin, that's for sure, nice texture.
  • Crazy Mary is a bottle of Jack Daniels
  • Got one more...

Of The Girl...

Champagne...strawberries dipped in hot fudge with whipped cream
    yummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

all over the guy's bodies..........mmmmmmmmmmmmmm

LOL
    Got one more...

Of The Girl...

Champagne...strawberries dipped in hot fudge with whipped cream
    yummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

all over the guy's bodies..........mmmmmmmmmmmmmm

LOL
    Are you sure that's not Given to Fly :D I think of Given to Fly as the out-of-body experience song. Sounds like whoever does the champagne etc is on the way to a Given to Fly experience, you think? Of course, I just don't know Of the Girl that well, oooops.
  • Of The Girl is verrrrrrrrryyyyyyy sexy.............
    Of The Girl is verrrrrrrrryyyyyyy sexy.............
    Oops, I got it mixed up with Thin Air.
  • Of The Girl is verrrrrrrrryyyyyyy sexy.............

For people who need more than 1 song , take the whole Yield Album. It begins very quick (Brain of jfk), it as given to fly, wishlist, faithfull in it and it ends with all those yesterdays:
    Don't you think you oughtta rest?
    Don't you think you oughtta lay you head down?
    Don't you think you want to sleep?
    Don't you think you oughtta lay your head down tonight?

Don't you think you've done enough?
    Oh, don't you think you've got enough, well maybe..
    You don't think there's time to stop
    There's time enough for you to lay your head down, tonight, tonight

I like it!
    For the food thing Habit could be junk food. Isn't it a bad habit ?????
    Beavis : Is this Pearl Jam?
    Butt-head: This guy makes faces like Eddie Vedder.
    Beavis: No, Eddie Vedder makes faces like this guy.
    Butt-head: I heard these guys, like, came first and Pearl Jam ripped them off.
    Beavis: No, Pearl Jam came first.
    Butt-head: Well, they both suck.
  • Strangest Tribe ~ Stewed octopus (which is very good:))
    imspinnin wrote:
    Strangest Tribe ~ Stewed octopus (which is very good:))
    Man, you just reminded me that my Lost Dogs CD is where I'm not - boohoo. I should listen to that again.
  • Release reminds me of baked beans! Or what happens thereafter!
    Makes much more sense.................
    To Live......................
    In the present tense.
    I just made cupcakes. Cupcakes are Bushleaguer, because cupcakes are big waste of space, and negatively affect the environment with all the litter. I like the song, by the way.
  • If you really thought that you wouldn't make cup cakes...
    A restaurant with a smoking section is like a swimming pool with a pissing section
    If you really thought that you wouldn't make cup cakes...
    I'm doing it for a poetry project. The last time I backed cupcakes was for pastry school in 2001 except for the pink ones noted above. I didn't realize what a hassle they were, and it didn't dawn on me at the time the waste involved with the little paper liners. Anyhoo, for my poetry project I'll bake one more batch to complete that section, finish off my paper liners, and then back to cookies.
  • GRIMMYGRIMMY Posts: 370
    Leatherman Is Like Beaf Jerky..they Both Taste Like Chicken!!
    grimmy
  • InkyInky Posts: 31
    Ascent wrote:
    Wishlist is like warm croissants filled with chocolate and served with fresh strawberries......perfect at any time, always satisfying and luscious
    Wow, great description! That really fits...and it made my mouth water :D
    -Thinking if he can't sleep how will he ever dream?-

29.08.06 Arnhem
    23.09.06 Berlin