Options

Fan To Fan

Comments

• Options
    JE224127JE224127 Fairhope, AL Posts: 332
    I don’t see this as a problem, for the most part the ID’s should match. Short term issue for some,long term for the good of the true fan.
  • Options
    MakeUSmileMakeUSmile NJ Posts: 1,068
    RVMMFC said:
    Let's be fair though, this is actually an apple based problem not a TM ticket problem. Android doesn't have this issue, correct?
    /me looks at buying stock in android for the first time since 1st generation iPhone was released. Lol. 

Hoping this all shakes out ok for us. Guess we need to wait and see how this plays out. 
    can you feel this world with your heart and not your brain?
  • Options
    hairgrowth2001hairgrowth2001 Posts: 334
    I have an iPhone SE and was able to add my Indy tickets from my wife’s TM account to my wallet. I then logged back into my TM account and was able to add a set of tickets to my wallet. No problem.
  • Options
    PhartNPhartN MD Posts: 243
    JE224127 said:
    I don’t see this as a problem, for the most part the ID’s should match. Short term issue for some,long term for the good of the true fan.
    Agreed here!  Itll hurt short term for those that expected to have this in the F2F toolbox, but it seems that the bots got smarter and TM is combating that by not allowing account transfers as a way to block the secondary market reseller strat.  I hope to see a bunch of bot tickets drop back on F2F for all shows.  This could be huge for everyone that has missed out thus far.
    1995: New Orleans, LA
    2006: Washington, D.C.
    2008: Washington, D.C.
    2010: Bristow, VA
    2013: Baltimore, MD
    2016: Hampton, VA
    2020: Baltimore, MD
    2023: Noblesville, IN TBD
  • Options
    GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 10,034
    I have an iPhone SE and was able to add my Indy tickets from my wife’s TM account to my wallet. I then logged back into my TM account and was able to add a set of tickets to my wallet. No problem.
    That is great it worked. Just keep an eye on the tickets from your wife’s account to make sure they don’t deactivate. Hopefully, they won’t. 
  • Options
    SHZASHZA St. Louis, MO USA Posts: 3,392
    SHZA said:
    GlowGirl said:
    Robdog983 said:
    This is all super confusing to me lol. So I have 1 ticket to MSG N1 and there’s a chance I might not be able to make it. The ticket is already in my Apple wallet. The “hold near reader” messages moves as well. If I decide to end up selling F2F at some point, is this going to be an issue?
    No. Just remove it from your wallet and list it in F2F or better get since msg can be transferred, transfer it to someone here. 

The issue we are talking about is logging into someone else’s account from your phone. But just make sure to remove from your wallet before selling or transferring. 
    Actually I sold or transferred a couple tickets recently without removing from my wallet and they automatically said invalid and were moved to the "expired pass" section once the other person accepted the transfer. 

You missed OMD? They were great in 22.. 
    Going to see them in Chicago instead. October 
  • Options
    What iOS version are you on? That could explain a lot 
  • Options
    RVMMFC said:
    Let's be fair though, this is actually an apple based problem not a TM ticket problem. Android doesn't have this issue, correct?
    It's not a problem at all. It actually puts some teeth in the transfer restriction, which is meaningless if you can just put the tickets on someone else's phone. I'd expect it's just a matter of time until Android has a similar feature 
  • Options
    hairgrowth2001hairgrowth2001 Posts: 334
    Version 17.4.1
  • Options
    danlee1095danlee1095 Posts: 1,042
    Anyone test this new security protocol on an Android device? I have a bunch of old Amazon Fire tablets - may bring to LV and hand them out on GA line if that’s a workaround. Can get them back after the shows (save for next shows!)
    9/8/98 (NJ), 9/10/98 (NY), 8/23/00 (NY), 8/24/00 (NY), 8/25/00 (NY), 4/30/03 (NY), 7/8/03 (NY), 7/9/03 (NY), 5/12/06 (NY), 6/1/06 (NJ), 6/3/06 (NJ), 8/5/07 (IL), 6/22/08 (DC), 6/24/08 (NY), 6/25/08 (NY), 7/1/08 (NY), 10/4/09 (TX ), 10/30/09 (PA), 5/20/10 (NY), 5/21/10 (NY), 9/3/11 (WI), 9/4/11 (WI), 7/19/13 (IL), 10/18/13 (NY), 10/19/13 (NY), 10/3/14 (MO), 9/23/15 (NY), 9/26/15 (NY), 5/1/16 (NY), 5/2/16 (NY), 8/5/16 (MA), 8/22/16 (IL), 4/7/17 (NY), 6/18/18 (UK), 8/20/18 (IL), 9/2/18 (MA), 9/4/18 (MA), 9/18/21 (NJ), 9/26/21 (CA), 10/1/21 (CA), 10/2/21 (CA), 9/10/22 (NY), 9/11/22 (NY), 9/14/22 (NJ), 9/16/22 (TN), 9/22/22 (CO), 8/31/23 (MN), 9/2/23 (MN), 9/5/23 (IL), 9/7/23 (IL), 5/16/24 (NV)
  • Options
    Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,169
    TM is trying to stop bots by requiring a matching email account that the user is logged into at the time of the show? 

If that’s correct what stops the broker from creating transferable email addresses to accompany the disposable TM account? 

There are much easier ways to prevent bots from buying on F2F by simply identifying disposable TM accounts at time of purchase based on the account history.
  • Options
    Busch896Busch896 Delaware Posts: 41
    So, if my wife were to log into our TM account on her phone and download our tickets to a show to her phone, would I be able to log into our TM account later and download tickets to the next show on my phone?
    Philly 4-29-2016 ● NYC 9-11-2022 ● Camden 9-14-2022 ● Ft Worth 9-15-2023 ● Austin 9-18-2023 
  • Options
    TM is trying to stop bots by requiring a matching email account that the user is logged into at the time of the show? 

If that’s correct what stops the broker from creating transferable email addresses to accompany the disposable TM account? 

There are much easier ways to prevent bots from buying on F2F by simply identifying disposable TM accounts at time of purchase based on the account history.
    It also requires multifactor/matching face recog to transfer the ticket to apple wallet as well as apple id, which will prohibit the third party sites/resellers from being able to sell all the face value/F2F tickets to people for over face...this is on iOS at least, still waiting for data RE: android.

If there are much easier ways to prohibit bots, and you know how, please DM me so we can start a business and cash in...
  • Options
    Busch896 said:
    So, if my wife were to log into our TM account on her phone and download our tickets to a show to her phone, would I be able to log into our TM account later and download tickets to the next show on my phone?
    That is the question. I guess we will see what people start reporting when they try all this stuff. I hope it works out for everyone. Each year they put more restrictions on these things. 
  • Options
    Busch896 said:
    I think you starting with "our TM account" may be an issue, it isnt intended for sharing that way.

It seems the answer is no, unless you log into the second device with the same apple id...i think "we" are still testing this out and should know more after the next couple of shows...?

So far it seems that:

- buy tix
    - open TM
    - tap place in wallet
    - get prompted for faceID/MFA to move forward
    - tickets in wallet
    (please chime in if this is not correct)

From there, at least ins past years, you can remove from wallet, i think SHZA posted something about this a few posts back...
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,971
    This was such a fun thread in years past. Now it seems like F2F is one issue after another. 

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    Busch896Busch896 Delaware Posts: 41
    edited May 8
    PhartN said:
    Busch896 said:
    I think you starting with "our TM account" may be an issue, it isnt intended for sharing that way.

It seems the answer is no, unless you log into the second device with the same apple id...i think "we" are still testing this out and should know more after the next couple of shows...?

So far it seems that:

- buy tix
    - open TM
    - tap place in wallet
    - tickets in wallet

From there, at least ins past years, you can remove from wallet, i think SHZA posted something about this a few posts back...
    Gotcha. We've always just used the same account. I appreciate the effort to stop scalpers, but a little guidance on this from 10C/TM for us legit fans would go a long way! Just don't wanna get locked out of a show because a ticket to a different show was downloaded to my wife's phone months earlier. Is this Apple ID linking specific to just Pearl Jam tickets, or all TM tickets? May be screwed already lol. 
    Post edited by Busch896 on
    Philly 4-29-2016 ● NYC 9-11-2022 ● Camden 9-14-2022 ● Ft Worth 9-15-2023 ● Austin 9-18-2023 
  • Options
    Last year in St. Paul I had upgraded to GA on F2F and wanted to give my amazing reserved ticket to a friend. That was when we found out the wallet transfer didn’t work. We tried all types of ways including my signing on to his iPhone with my Apple ID and logging into my TM account from there. It still didn’t work. We even tried to disable Face ID. Still didn’t work. We ended up doing a very tense timed drop on F2F on the spot. Luckily he was able to get the ticket. 
  • Options
    JimmyV said:
    This was such a fun thread in years past. Now it seems like F2F is one issue after another. 
    I think we are all frustrated...we love the band, the music, arguably the F2F "game"...but we need to not misplace our anger/frustration...it needs to be directed at all the bad actors...TM, the bots, the resellers, the scalpers, the folks that are looking to profit...these are the real reasons that we have all of the hoops to jump through in the first place.

I feel like these changes are being made in order to help us in the long run, admittedly causing some short term pain...TBD i guess...i am trying to keep positive and hoping that this all works out in the end (which it seems to be for most of us so far). 

• Options
    Busch896 said:
    PhartN said:
    Busch896 said:

So far it seems that:

- buy tix
    - open TM
    - tap place in wallet
    - tickets in wallet

Gotcha. We've always just used the same account. I appreciate the effort to stop scalpers, but a little guidance on this from 10C/TM for us legit fans would go a long way! Just don't wanna get locked out of a show because a ticket to a different show was downloaded to my wife's phone months earlier. 
    100% agree....
  • Options
    Robdog983Robdog983 Visalia, CA Posts: 112
    Ok so I have a buddy who is not understanding what I’ve been telling him about why not to buy from a third party (stubhub,vivid seats, etc). He’s telling me he’s willing to pay for and buy tix that he’s not seeing being available on TM. I’ve explained to him and even shown him what the band have stated in regards to try to prevent scalping. I’m telling him if he buys tix from anywhere other than TM, he’s running the risk of not being able to get into the venue due to the no transfer rule and now with this news about not being able to add the ticket to your wallet from other devices, etc. Any tips or advice on what else to tell him? Lol I just don’t want him throwing his money away. I’m sure he’d be able to get it back with the fan protect programs stubhub and vivid offer. But still, why go through all that if you don’t have to, you know what I mean?
  • Options
    GlowGirl said:
    Last year in St. Paul I had upgraded to GA on F2F and wanted to give my amazing reserved ticket to a friend. That was when we found out the wallet transfer didn’t work. We tried all types of ways including my signing on to his iPhone with my Apple ID and logging into my TM account from there. It still didn’t work. We even tried to disable Face ID. Still didn’t work. We ended up doing a very tense timed drop on F2F on the spot. Luckily he was able to get the ticket. 
    ya, i feel this so hard, lol...made the hard choice to do a timed drop for a solid ticket for SEA1 last night...was successful, but super stressful...

FWIW to all, it seems single ticket drops for the timed drops is the way...YMMV, but i have had 2 successful timed drops on singles this tour.  Pairs have been gobbled up by the bots/other hardcore f5ers
  • Options
    Robdog983 said:
    Ok so I have a buddy who is not understanding what I’ve been telling him about why not to buy from a third party (stubhub,vivid seats, etc). He’s telling me he’s willing to pay for and buy tix that he’s not seeing being available on TM. I’ve explained to him and even shown him what the band have stated in regards to try to prevent scalping. I’m telling him if he buys tix from anywhere other than TM, he’s running the risk of not being able to get into the venue due to the no transfer rule and now with this news about not being able to add the ticket to your wallet from other devices, etc. Any tips or advice on what else to tell him? Lol I just don’t want him throwing his money away. I’m sure he’d be able to get it back with the fan protect programs stubhub and vivid offer. But still, why go through all that if you don’t have to, you know what I mean?
    Probably need to see what happens with tickets from those sites for the upcoming shows. If people get shut out, you can let him know that. If the tickets still work, he should go for it  
  • Options
    PhartN said:
    How do I know if a ticket in my Apple Wallet that was added from my wife's TM account is valid?  I was able to add her GA's for Seattle to my iPhone Apple Wallet and the "Hold Near Reader" icon is moving.  She broke her foot and sort of still recovering, so may not make the trip...
    A) sorry to hear about your wife's foot.
    B) If you have an extra GA for either SEA night, id be interested :)

Sadly, no clue about how that would work for you?  I would assume, for now, that if you have them in your wallet already, they will be good?
    Looks like the tickets are safely in my Wallet with no error messages, so should be good!  If she doesn't come, unfortunately have like 6 friends in line...
    was worth a shot...ha! see yall there!
  • Options
    Robdog983 said:
    Tell him about this new process that started a few days ago and we know so little about how it is going to work that it is not worth the risk. He can get theoretically a ticket from a secondary site but it won’t be activated until he can somehow get it in his wallet. He can’t use it from the TM app as he could in the past. The only shows he can likely still get without any of these potential risks are msg and Wrigley since the tickets can be directly transferred to his account. 
  • Options
    SHZA said:
    Robdog983 said:
    Probably need to see what happens with tickets from those sites for the upcoming shows. If people get shut out, you can let him know that. If the tickets still work, he should go for it  
    Good thought. The next few shows will be the test. 
  • Options
    Robdog983Robdog983 Visalia, CA Posts: 112
    GlowGirl said:
    Robdog983 said:
    Tell him about this new process that started a few days ago and we know so little about how it is going to work that it is not worth the risk. He can get theoretically a ticket from a secondary site but it won’t be activated until he can somehow get it in his wallet. He can’t use it from the TM app as he could in the past. The only shows he can likely still get without any of these potential risks are msg and Wrigley since the tickets can be directly transferred to his account. 
    Got it! Yeah, that all makes sense. I’ll let him know that. Appreciate you all! 
  • Options
    JE224127JE224127 Fairhope, AL Posts: 332
    Tickets might be protected by 3rd party sites but what about hotels, flights, etc. Hoping it doesn’t come to that….
  • Options
    danlee1095danlee1095 Posts: 1,042
    GlowGirl said:
    I remember the STP issues too, but last year if you didn't need to add to a Wallet to get in, couldn't your friend just have logged into the TM app (or web browser) with your credentials and used the ticket from one of those sources?
    9/8/98 (NJ), 9/10/98 (NY), 8/23/00 (NY), 8/24/00 (NY), 8/25/00 (NY), 4/30/03 (NY), 7/8/03 (NY), 7/9/03 (NY), 5/12/06 (NY), 6/1/06 (NJ), 6/3/06 (NJ), 8/5/07 (IL), 6/22/08 (DC), 6/24/08 (NY), 6/25/08 (NY), 7/1/08 (NY), 10/4/09 (TX ), 10/30/09 (PA), 5/20/10 (NY), 5/21/10 (NY), 9/3/11 (WI), 9/4/11 (WI), 7/19/13 (IL), 10/18/13 (NY), 10/19/13 (NY), 10/3/14 (MO), 9/23/15 (NY), 9/26/15 (NY), 5/1/16 (NY), 5/2/16 (NY), 8/5/16 (MA), 8/22/16 (IL), 4/7/17 (NY), 6/18/18 (UK), 8/20/18 (IL), 9/2/18 (MA), 9/4/18 (MA), 9/18/21 (NJ), 9/26/21 (CA), 10/1/21 (CA), 10/2/21 (CA), 9/10/22 (NY), 9/11/22 (NY), 9/14/22 (NJ), 9/16/22 (TN), 9/22/22 (CO), 8/31/23 (MN), 9/2/23 (MN), 9/5/23 (IL), 9/7/23 (IL), 5/16/24 (NV)
  • Options
    Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,169
    PhartN said:

It also requires multifactor/matching face recog to transfer the ticket to apple wallet as well as apple id, which will prohibit the third party sites/resellers from being able to sell all the face value/F2F tickets to people for over face...this is on iOS at least, still waiting for data RE: android.

If there are much easier ways to prohibit bots, and you know how, please DM me so we can start a business and cash in...

Bots for F2F - if brokers are using disposable TM accounts, that should be very easy for TM to identify based on lack of purchase history and record and location of shows attended.

Face ID , wonderful, and if we don’t use pr want to use Face ID?