Options

Vancouver N1 and N2 - Thread

Comments

• Options
    steven87steven87 Posts: 1,273
    Time to line up for rail!
    Congrats! I didn't realize you got GA. 

I really thought I'd have had a chance at upgrading to GA with at least night 2 the way these ticket sales are going. 
    My guess is we’ll start seeing a fair number of GAs dropping next week. And I agree N2 will likely be easier than N1 since it’s a Monday. Honestly I’m kind of surprised how few there have been so far. It might be a function of the inability to resell tickets on F2F if you don’t have a Canadian bank account (I set up a wise account at the outset in order to do this, but I’m guessing not everyone is aware of this). 
  • Options
    darwinstheorydarwinstheory LaPorte, IN Posts: 5,842
    steven87 said:

I really thought I'd have had a chance at upgrading to GA with at least night 2 the way these ticket sales are going. 
    My guess is we’ll start seeing a fair number of GAs dropping next week. And I agree N2 will likely be easier than N1 since it’s a Monday. Honestly I’m kind of surprised how few there have been so far. It might be a function of the inability to resell tickets on F2F if you don’t have a Canadian bank account (I set up a wise account at the outset in order to do this, but I’m guessing not everyone is aware of this). 
    What a cruel world! Just spoke a N2 GA into reality and couldn't even cart the damn thing.
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • Options
    nc_jammer1nc_jammer1 Posts: 546
    Zod said:
    Zod said:
    Zod said:
    This situation so unique as it presents a PJ show that is accessible to so many a week before. If your a quick flight or reasonable road trip it gotta be tempting. Grab some tix and get up here.   TM fucked this up, hopefully some good can come out of it.   And please try pick up those F2F tix first.
    Can't wait !!  
    Yah, you have to wonder how many more tickets they could of sold if they sold them while the iron was hot?  They were moving pretty fast on the onsale date, but dumping them weeks later for platinum prices, then better ones, then lower prices... you don't have all those eyeballs on the tickets anymore.

I love Pearl Jam, but I do like see TM's new approach to ticket sales failing :)
    What happens on the next tour ?  Will things change or stay same ? Knowing what we know, how do we approach first day sales ?

Depends on the market too obviously.  Just hope 10C finds a better way.
    I mean it's not really 10c I don't think.   It's generally, a promoter offers X amount of money to do a show, they tell the band this is what we need to do to generate that kind of money.  Band ok's it or they don't. 

Night 1 doesn't seem to be as much of an issue. There's way less tickets for sale and they're slowly selling.  I'm guessing it'll be sold out, or mostly sold out by showtime.

It's the 2nd one, that looks more worrisome.  Maybe we'll see a hail mary and it'll be mostly sold out by show time.   I've seen this happen with a few concerts now.  It's probably only a few thousand tickets that aren't sold.

If it doesn't sell, then I suspect this will be the one and only time we get 2 shows in Vancouver :)  Obviously Vancouver is in it for 1, but maybe not 2 :(

I think having 2 Vancouver shows on the same tour that there are 2 Seattle shows is compounding the sales issue too.  That won't happen again.
    Definitely, the only years I ever saw high 10c demand for PJ tickets was year in which there was no Seattle show.  I guess that's 2011, in '05 the didn't announce the Gorge show until after, so Vancouver had a lot of Washington state fans at it, and the Gorge had a lot of BC fans at it. maybe 03, because Vancouver was the year after Seattle.

I also wonder if it hurt more not having them go back to back with Seattle. At least when when they run after each other, people can go to all the dates, but skipping work at two different times of the month is much harder.  Vancouver (aside for Portland being a 5 or 6 hour drive away) doesn't have any shows around it for the travelling fans to make a trip out of it.

I'm still shocked to this day how few fan club members made the trek to Pemberton.  That show was soooooo amazing :)
    Agreed, just a quick trip north for amazing shows.  Calgary / Edmonton could have been more accessible for Canada fans, considering the Seattle shows for that area. Vancouver just too far for a lot of eastern Canadians too.
  • Options
    ekwiptekwipt Vancouver Posts: 379
    steven87 said:

What a cruel world! Just spoke a N2 GA into reality and couldn't even cart the damn thing.
    Been trying to cart for an hour 😂 
    No dice. 
  • Options
    ekwipt said:
    steven87 said:

Been trying to cart for an hour 😂 
    No dice. 
    Same! Hour and 20 minutes. Wtf
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • Options
    Ugghh. The single N2 GA was up there for about 85 minutes. After about 83 minutes, I got the U504 after I was finally able to cart it.

#gutted 
  • Options
    edited April 27
    Ugghh. The single N2 GA was up there for about 85 minutes. After about 83 minutes, I got the U504 after I was finally able to cart it.

#gutted 
    Damn sorry to hear! And wow that’s crazy. I think it’s safe to say F2F is officially broken lol. 
  • Options
    Sorry if this has been discussed, I've been following this thread from the get go but there's been a lot of info shared! Is there a public transportation daily pass or something like that or is it better to just pay as you go? We love to walk but it looks like the train is pretty efficient and the water taxi just sounds like a cool thing to do. Thanks for all the good info, locals!
    Day passes can be purchased at Transit Vending machines and are good on the day of purchase only. Compass cards, if that's what you want to get, can be purchased at any Transit Vending machine and you can load it with $$. Instead of a Compass card, you can simply use your credit card. The only thing you'd need to think about is that Compass Cards will recognize if you go in and out of the transit system where a credit card may not and will charge you again when you re-enter. I think once you tap in with a Compass card your trip is good for 2 to 2 1/2 hours. It will know where you go and what zones you travel from and to and subtract the amount from your card.

For more info on fares (to see if it's worth getting a day pass or not) - https://www.translink.ca/transit-fares/pricing-and-fare-zones

For locations to get a Compass Card (there is a google map at the bottom of that page) - https://www.translink.ca/transit-fares/where-to-buy

Also, when you say "water taxi", I'm not sure if you mean the Seabus or the False Creek water taxis. The former is part of the transit system, the latter are not so those are added costs. Both are really cool to do if you haven't done them. I like coming into downtown on the Seabus. It's a fantastic view. Especially if there are cruise ships docked at the port.
    2011: Vancouver
    2013: LA 1 & LA 2, Vancouver
    2018: Seattle 1 & Seattle 2
    2022: LA 1 & LA 2
    2024: Vancouver 1 & Vancouver 2, Portland, Seattle 1 & Seattle 2
  • Options
    SpunkieSpunkie I come from downtown. Posts: 5,688
    edited April 27
    Buy the day pass if you're taking the skytrain after the show. Then you'll skip the line up to buy the ticket to get on the train which is half of the battle.
  • Options
    DJ253147 said:
    Zod said:
    Zod said:
    Zod said:
    This situation so unique as it presents a PJ show that is accessible to so many a week before. If your a quick flight or reasonable road trip it gotta be tempting. Grab some tix and get up here.   TM fucked this up, hopefully some good can come out of it.   And please try pick up those F2F tix first.
    Can't wait !!  
    Yah, you have to wonder how many more tickets they could of sold if they sold them while the iron was hot?  They were moving pretty fast on the onsale date, but dumping them weeks later for platinum prices, then better ones, then lower prices... you don't have all those eyeballs on the tickets anymore.

I love Pearl Jam, but I do like see TM's new approach to ticket sales failing :)
    What happens on the next tour ?  Will things change or stay same ? Knowing what we know, how do we approach first day sales ?

Depends on the market too obviously.  Just hope 10C finds a better way.
    I mean it's not really 10c I don't think.   It's generally, a promoter offers X amount of money to do a show, they tell the band this is what we need to do to generate that kind of money.  Band ok's it or they don't. 

Night 1 doesn't seem to be as much of an issue. There's way less tickets for sale and they're slowly selling.  I'm guessing it'll be sold out, or mostly sold out by showtime.

It's the 2nd one, that looks more worrisome.  Maybe we'll see a hail mary and it'll be mostly sold out by show time.   I've seen this happen with a few concerts now.  It's probably only a few thousand tickets that aren't sold.

If it doesn't sell, then I suspect this will be the one and only time we get 2 shows in Vancouver :)  Obviously Vancouver is in it for 1, but maybe not 2 :(

I think having 2 Vancouver shows on the same tour that there are 2 Seattle shows is compounding the sales issue too.  That won't happen again.
    Definitely, the only years I ever saw high 10c demand for PJ tickets was year in which there was no Seattle show.  I guess that's 2011, in '05 the didn't announce the Gorge show until after, so Vancouver had a lot of Washington state fans at it, and the Gorge had a lot of BC fans at it. maybe 03, because Vancouver was the year after Seattle.

I also wonder if it hurt more not having them go back to back with Seattle. At least when when they run after each other, people can go to all the dates, but skipping work at two different times of the month is much harder.  Vancouver (aside for Portland being a 5 or 6 hour drive away) doesn't have any shows around it for the travelling fans to make a trip out of it.

I'm still shocked to this day how few fan club members made the trek to Pemberton.  That show was soooooo amazing :)
    Pemberton was just AWESOME! Severe thunderstorm watch was in effect . Grabbed tix in Whistler very late Sunday afternoon and really wondered if I was doing the right thing with the weather warning in place.

From memory:Release, Footsteps (at this point I felt like everything else was just cake), Daughter,Thumbing, 5?I think Present Tense was at #6, Of the Earth somewhere in there, E-Flo Small Town, Corduroy late first set caught me off guard then a hits filled encore with a Floyd cover.

Got there in time to catch half of Noel Gallagher and the High Flying Birds which we really enjoyed.
    Can't believe I got a Pemberton hotel for that. It was a dive, but close by! We ventured in late in the afternoon after a shower too, and stayed dry. Poor campers that weekend. There were people wondering around without shoes wondering where they could get some shoes. Pearl Jam was selling from flip-flops and recommended that. Some people were passed out in the venue here and there. Highway closures due to mudslides on the way home... 
  • Options
    apkirklandapkirkland Big Sky Country Posts: 198
    Sorry if this has been discussed, I've been following this thread from the get go but there's been a lot of info shared! Is there a public transportation daily pass or something like that or is it better to just pay as you go? We love to walk but it looks like the train is pretty efficient and the water taxi just sounds like a cool thing to do. Thanks for all the good info, locals!
    Day passes can be purchased at Transit Vending machines and are good on the day of purchase only. Compass cards, if that's what you want to get, can be purchased at any Transit Vending machine and you can load it with $$. Instead of a Compass card, you can simply use your credit card. The only thing you'd need to think about is that Compass Cards will recognize if you go in and out of the transit system where a credit card may not and will charge you again when you re-enter. I think once you tap in with a Compass card your trip is good for 2 to 2 1/2 hours. It will know where you go and what zones you travel from and to and subtract the amount from your card.

For more info on fares (to see if it's worth getting a day pass or not) - https://www.translink.ca/transit-fares/pricing-and-fare-zones

For locations to get a Compass Card (there is a google map at the bottom of that page) - https://www.translink.ca/transit-fares/where-to-buy

Also, when you say "water taxi", I'm not sure if you mean the Seabus or the False Creek water taxis. The former is part of the transit system, the latter are not so those are added costs. Both are really cool to do if you haven't done them. I like coming into downtown on the Seabus. It's a fantastic view. Especially if there are cruise ships docked at the port.
    Spunkie said:
    Buy the day pass if you're taking the skytrain after the show. Then you'll skip the line up to buy the ticket to get on the train which is half of the battle.
    Thanks for the info! I guess I don't know what I mean by water taxis either lol, I just know you can get around to some cool spots by walking on a boat in the city so I'll do some more research on where to go and how to get there. Both your responses are super helpful and I hope it helps some other folks who are visiting for the first time too. Super stoked, one more week til Van 1!
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,651
    I am so glad I checked on this!! A super generous bag policy for these shows! Ladies rejoice! I am so glad I won't have to use my stupid too-small clear plastic stadium purse for these shows. :smile:

Purses or bags larger than 35.5cm x 35.5cm x 15.2cm will not be permitted into Rogers Arena.

NOTE: Walk-through metal detectors are in place at each gate.

With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    HailHailVitalogyHailHailVitalogy Posts: 4,565
    edited April 27
    N2 is looking roughhhhh

As soon as the tour was announced I was shocked 2 nights in Vancouver and not 1 night in Van and 1 night in Calgary
    2003: Uniondale, MSG x2 2004: Reading | 2005: Gorge, Vancouver, Philly | 2006: East Rutherford x2, Gorge x2, Camden 1, Hartford | 2008: MSG x2, VA Beach | 2009: Philly x3 | 2010: MSG x2, Bristow | 2011: Alpine Valley x2 | 2012: MIA Philly | 2013: Wrigley, Charlottesville, Brooklyn 2 | 2014: Milan, Amsterdam 1 | 2016: MSG x2, Fenway x2, Wrigley 2 | 2018: Rome, Krakow, Berlin | 2021: Sea Hear Now | 2022: San Diego, LA x2, MSG, Camden, Nashville, St. Louis, Denver | 2023: St. Paul 1, Chicago x2, Fort Worth x2, Austin 2
  • Options
    mcg.j.seanmcg.j.sean Posts: 70
    N2 is looking roughhhhh

As soon as the tour was announced I was shocked 2 nights in Vancouver and not 1 night in Van and 1 night in Calgary
    I’m actually kinda surprised how well it’s sold. I mean, the entire upper bowl is sold well and the majority of the lower as well. Just seems it’s the back of the lower bowl when they dropped all those extras after the initial sale. I mean, there’s spots in various sections with some unsold seats but overall it looks solid to me for a second show on a Monday. I bet it’ll look full during the show. It’s not a small arena either - 21k for a concert I believe. 

Either way, it’ll be a rocking time! Can’t wait! 

• Options
    N2 is looking roughhhhh

Alberta does need some love. Rogers Place in Edmonton has some wicked acoustics. 
    "This melody, inside of me, still searches for a solution."
  • Options
    N2 is looking roughhhhh

Alberta does need some love. Rogers Place in Edmonton has some wicked acoustics. 
    maybe when they announce the 2025 Canadian Tour!! :)
  • Options
    JseeteenakJseeteenak Baker Lake, Nunavut, Canada Posts: 91
    Fingers 🤞 that they will be dropping some tickets soon. I get a sick feeling that I may get shutout.
  • Options
    N2 is looking roughhhhh

maybe when they announce the 2025 Canadian Tour!! :)
    🙏
  • Options
    danofundanofun Posts: 763
    steven87 said:

Pretty sure the Rogers Center Pit is pretty small too so maybe less tickets than other venues.
  • Options
    Fingers 🤞 that they will be dropping some tickets soon. I get a sick feeling that I may get shutout.
    Monday to Wednesday you should see some action from TM. 
  • Options
    No chance you’re getting shut out. There will be a lot of action on F2F this week. Also, artist/production holds will likely drop the day before or of the show which usually have some of the best seats in the house. And even right now, there are still some pretty good side stage seats left. You’ll be good. 
  • Options
    danofun said:
    steven87 said:

Pretty sure the Rogers Center Pit is pretty small too so maybe less tickets than other venues.
    Hmmm I didn’t know that. That may explain it then. 
  • Options
    Human TideHuman Tide Posts: 319
    So what actually happens as the show gets closer? Will TM drop prices below face value, or will it really be a half empty arena? 

And is there any legit way to buy/sell tickets on the secondary market below face value? 
  • Options
    JseeteenakJseeteenak Baker Lake, Nunavut, Canada Posts: 91

As long as they don't drop them Wednesday morning when I'm flying down to Winnipeg.
  • Options
    ekwiptekwipt Vancouver Posts: 379
    Gonna be hard to sleep this week I think 🤪 And I have shows 4 nights in a row next weekend so there won’t be any relief in sight. Caffeine & adrenaline ☕️ 💪 
  • Options
    If I'm a gambling man, I predict Setting Sun as N1 opener
  • Options
    DJ253147DJ253147 Posts: 639

As long as they don't drop them Wednesday morning when I'm flying down to Winnipeg.
    The tickets won't be a problem but the issue is the shows are in Vancouver.......not Winterpeg lol.

Seriously even if they do a drop while you're airborne, it's not likely they'll all get gobbled up quickly. Now in 2011 when Vancouver had only one show to end a small tour (and no Seattle show) or Seattle 2013 (1 show to close the tour) those 
    were tight on ticket supply. I know as I squandered several hours in a sweet hotel room F5ing trying to upgrade Seattle '13. Don't forget that sadly they'll be people have any number of issues crop up this week and then can't make the show. Then they'll be some that just flake out for lack of a better term. Safe travels!
  • Options
    I’m going with upper hand. 
  • Options
    DJ253147DJ253147 Posts: 639
    edited April 28
    steven87 said:
    I’m going with upper hand. 
    HTI or Wash for the Faithfull and quite honestly I'd be elated to hear these to open,close,mid-set, band sitting,standing or whenever they fit in! 
  • Options
    This is not something to worry about. Vancouver 05 showed up with no tix and they gave me side stage row 12 seat 1
    -13 my lucky number!

Happy travels jseeteenak!