Options

Vancouver N1 and N2 - Thread

Comments

• Options
    PJ_Soul said:
    I hope I feel satisfied with my decisions come showtime. I sold both 10C singles (rows 21 and 36 floor). I was very very relieved to actually manage that. Now I have row 10 right between sec 119 and 118 for N1, and row 2 on the aisle between sec 105 and 106 N2 - that one I paid $289. Pretty decent seats... but for N2 i am getting the feeling that I could have easily done better for less of i had waited until next week. Frustrating. Although I am on the aisle, which is kind of a big deal for me.
    Also, I find it strange that the sections are all half one actual section and half of the next. Really weird.
    Yeah, it’s kinda messed up the way the sections start and finish. You need to switch the view to seating map to see exactly what/where you’re buying! 
    "This melody, inside of me, still searches for a solution."
  • Options
    ekwiptekwipt Vancouver Posts: 364
    Anyone have any guesses on the opening song for N1? Will they open Vancouver with new material for the first time since Riot Act?!?
    I could see both Scared of Fear or Upper Hand being good openers. I’m kind of hoping they just dive right into Waiting For Stevie. Putting all my N2 opener wishes, hopes and dreams into Who You Are 🙏 
  • Options
    EddieredderEddieredder Posts: 696
    Hi all. Just listed two tix to 5/4 show on F2F. Row 13
  • Options
    DJ253147DJ253147 Posts: 630
    ekwipt said:
    Anyone have any guesses on the opening song for N1? Will they open Vancouver with new material for the first time since Riot Act?!?
    I could see both Scared of Fear or Upper Hand being good openers. I’m kind of hoping they just dive right into Waiting For Stevie. Putting all my N2 opener wishes, hopes and dreams into Who You Are 🙏 
    Really enjoying the new album and look forward to hearing lots of it live however I'd love to hear one of the classic openers with
    Hard to Imagine and Wash at the top of my list!
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,254
    DJ253147 said:
    ekwipt said:
    Really enjoying the new album and look forward to hearing lots of it live however I'd love to hear one of the classic openers with

I haven't heard Hard to Imagine since 05 and Wash since '06, both would be amazing :)
  • Options
    darwinstheorydarwinstheory LaPorte, IN Posts: 5,805
    Looking at N2 and the lack of ticket sales I'm really curious how that one will play out. Will they make it epic? Use it as a show to stuff a few extra new songs on as a live rehearsal? Same as any other show? 

I know a lot of times they seem to thrive off the energy and you have to wonder what the energy level will be with so many (currently) empty seats. 

Also, I really want pit tix for this one!
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • Options
    johnny__utahjohnny__utah New Brunswick, Canada Posts: 189
    Looking at N2 and the lack of ticket sales I'm really curious how that one will play out. Will they make it epic? Use it as a show to stuff a few extra new songs on as a live rehearsal? Same as any other show? 

I know a lot of times they seem to thrive off the energy and you have to wonder what the energy level will be with so many (currently) empty seats. 

Also, I really want pit tix for this one!
    I'm guessing if it's still kinda empty in the 100 level come show day, a lot of people in the upper bowl will find their tickets updated automatically to lower bowl by TM. Usually what happens in that circumstance. Chances are it will fill up pretty nicely come show time though. 
  • Options
    mcg.j.seanmcg.j.sean Posts: 67
    Yeah TM really screwed a lot of people by dropping all those seats after the Presale. It was really well sold after the initial sale and then all those seats appear. Like how many shows do you see where the upper bowl is almost sold out but tons in the lower at the same price? It sucks for people who got shutout of the initial sale and evidently moved onto something else. Also sucks for those who spent above the standard ticket price initially on worse seats. All in all - TM sucks and is getting more shady for the average fan. 

• Options
    DJ253147 said:
    These would be my first two choices for openers for these shows. I don't believe either have been played in Vancouver, maybe Wash but that would've been pre 98. Hard to Imagine is a top 5 song for me and I've never seen it live yet, so that would be incredible. 

" Things were different then, all is different now "

Seattle 09-16-96, Vancouver 07-19-98, Seattle 11-05-00, Seattle 12-09-02, Vancouver 05-30-03, Vancouver 09-02-05, Gorge 07-23-06, Seattle 09-21-09, Seattle 09-22-09, Vancouver 09-25-09
  • Options
    bobby dazzlersbobby dazzlers Posts: 2,007
    HTI for an opener is my hope as well.
    Probably get Evolution  =)
    It's a hopeless... situation
    And I'm starting to believe
  • Options
    steven87steven87 Posts: 1,269
    ekwipt said:
    I’m hoping they stick with the sit down/acoustic opening format from the last two years for the first 4-5 songs. I’ve heard a lot of my favorite songs that I wouldn’t have otherwise heard over the last two year during the acoustic opening portion of the shows- of the girl, NAIS, sleight of hand, parachutes, HTI, oceans, wash, and off he goes. Hoping they continue pulling out similar songs on this tour. That being said, it wouldn’t surprise me if they opened with a song from dark matter. I think upper hand could make an epic opener. I could also see upper hand being used in the way present tense has been used a few times over the past two years, as a transition from the acoustic portion of the show to the electric portion. Or better yet, upper hand into present tense to transition from the acoustic to electric portion. Either way, I’m looking forward to seeing how they incorporate the new songs into the setlists. 
  • Options
    Good news, got my 2nd TM payment today... 1 to go :)
  • Options
    Zod said:
    👍 Today is business day 7 for my 2nd sale but no sign of $. Things have definitely slowed down. 
  • Options
    Zod said:
    Nice!
    Hoping I get my first payment soon but realistically thinking it'll be middle of next week. 
    " Things were different then, all is different now "

Seattle 09-16-96, Vancouver 07-19-98, Seattle 11-05-00, Seattle 12-09-02, Vancouver 05-30-03, Vancouver 09-02-05, Gorge 07-23-06, Seattle 09-21-09, Seattle 09-22-09, Vancouver 09-25-09
  • Options
    ekwipt said:
    I was hoping/predicting first song of the tour would be Of the Girl. This week I've really been thinking that the opening to Upper Hand will be their walk on music. I just don't know how that would work with Of the Girl.
    2011: Vancouver
    2013: LA 1 & LA 2, Vancouver
    2018: Seattle 1 & Seattle 2
    2022: LA 1 & LA 2
    2024: Vancouver 1 & Vancouver 2, Portland, Seattle 1 & Seattle 2
  • Options
    jimjam1982jimjam1982 AZ Posts: 1,253
    ekwipt said:
    running - they coming out hot
  • Options
    TA243471TA243471 The Great Northwest Posts: 1,173
    Hoping for Of The Girl, but would love to see Upper Hand right out of the gate.  Starting to get amped up!!!
    • 2006: Gorge 1
    • 2009: Seattle 1
    • 2013: Seattle
    • 2016: Wrigley 1 & 2
    • 2018: Seattle 1&2, Montana
    • 2020: San Diego, LA 1&2, Oakland 1&2
    • 2022: San Diego, LA 1&2, Fresno, Sacramento, Las Vegas, Denver
  • Options
    TA243471 said:
    Hoping for Of The Girl, but would love to see Upper Hand right out of the gate.  Starting to get amped up!!!
    Of the girl is my favorite opener, so I’d love that. But I also think upper hand would be a great way to kick things off. 
  • Options
    mcg.j.seanmcg.j.sean Posts: 67
    Release or Long Road. Have seen 7 shows and got neither. Or something from Dark Matter.
  • Options
    Who You Are would make an amazing opener.  Never been played in Vancouver :)
  • Options
    YAKIMATSUYAKIMATSU Santa Fe Posts: 564
    Opener for Saturday is surprise guest Bill Murray singing Star Wars in a leisure suit.
  • Options
    YAKIMATSU said:
    Opener for Saturday is surprise guest Bill Murray singing Star Wars in a leisure suit.
    100% on board for this 😂 
  • Options
    GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 9,935
    YAKIMATSU said:
    Love that!

• Options
    that would be amazing!!
  • Options
    SpunkieSpunkie I come from downtown. Posts: 5,642
    stealing the show!
  • Options
    DJ253147DJ253147 Posts: 630
    edited April 26
    Release or Long Road. Have seen 7 shows and got neither. Or something from Dark Matter.
    Love both of these songs. Was so fortunate to get Long Road to at our first full show on Sept. 21,2009 in Seattle and then again in Toronto 9/11/11. Hoped for Release for a long time after that before finally getting it in Denver in October, 2014 and then Pemberton 2016 which was back to back on our concert calendar. Good luck!
    Post edited by DJ253147 on
  • Options
    And then in 2016, Fenway got Release into Long Road, and in 2018, Seattle got Long Road into Release.  I was at Seattle.  One of my favorite openings ever.
  • Options
    Section 104, row 14 pair up now for N1 for anyone still looking for a good upgrade. 
  • Options
    edited April 26
    I would also be remiss if I did not mention that if anyone is still looking to upgrade at this point, I would highly recommend that you list your existing seats ASAP. F2F appears to be pretty saturated with lower bowl seats at this point, so if you wait until closer to the show, they’re less likely to sell (and if your seats are in the back of the lower bowl, it may already be too late; I suspect that many of the existing pairs in the back of the lower bowl will not sell). 
    Post edited by steven87 on
  • Options
    steven87 said:
    I would also be remiss if I did not mention that if anyone is still looking to upgrade at this point, I would highly recommend that you list your existing seats ASAP. F2F appears to be pretty saturated with lower bowl seats at this point, so if you wait until closer to the show, they’re less likely to sell (and if your seats are in the back of the lower bowl, it may already be too late; I suspect that many of the existing pairs in the back of the lower bowl will not sell). 

Yep, I would love to upgrade to some of those closer seats....especially those 104, row 14 aisle pair, but with so many Face Value tickets that are better than mine already available, I'm just going to stick it out for now.  Maybe I hit the lottery before the show, and can afford to eat my current seats!!