Options

The Official 2024 TOUR Thread

Comments

• Options
    Kearn5yKearn5y Ireland Posts: 2,711
    New daily video shows Hyde Park in London ... if they play there again in 2024, I'm skipping it.. but if O2.. count me in
    In a way, I dont mind if it is Hyde Park.. Takes the pressure off getting tickets. 
    Kearnsy
  • Options
    ilockyerilockyer Posts: 2,249
    CopperTom said:
    JackD. said:
    mikeyb107 said:
    Any ideas at who would be supporting them in Europe?
    My Morning Jacket
    I can't image MMJ opening for anyone at this point.  It sure would be great though. 
    I could see it in Europe. MMJ have only been over twice in the last 10 years, and only play small 1-2k capacity places. 
    It'd be incredible. 
    The secret to a happy ending is knowing when to roll the credits
  • Options
    ChrrieChrrie Posts: 97
    pjl44 said:
    The way it's worded I assume you can buy single day VIP later?
    This is supposedly the first year you cannot buy single-day VIP after the lineup is announced according to the email they sent to the people who get first dibs for buying them last year. Even still $500 would be a bit pricey for special bathrooms and a corral in front of Stone. 
  • Options
    seanclaxseanclax Posts: 275
    New daily video shows Hyde Park in London ... if they play there again in 2024, I'm skipping it.. but if O2.. count me in
    We're you not there last year.
    The whole weekend was immense.
  • Options
    just_one said:
    What about no supporting bands?😁
    An evening with pearl jam
  • Options
    mace1229 said:
    pepsi said:
    Anybody knows if in the next europe tour, lottery ticket will allow having single tickets instead of buying pairs? Thank you!
    I don't think anyone knows. But the last few lottos they did singles, so I would br surprised if they suddenly stopped. They know a lot of people travel, and a lot of them travel solo. Forcing them to buy an unwanted ticket they have to sell on F2F  doesn't make sense. 
    It does for assigned seats, easier to block out a pair than have single seats left over in a row. For GA, it doesn't matter. But, last time there wasn't a GA only selection... hopefully they reinstate that in the upcoming lottery.
    2003 Spectrum, Camden 2, Holmdel 2004 Reading, PA 2005 Philly 2006 Hartford, Camden 1&2, E. Rutherford 1&2 2008 Camden 1&2, MSG 1&2  2009 Spectrum 1,2,3,4  2010 Hartford, Newark, MSG 1&2 2013 Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Brooklyn 1&2, Philly 1&2,  Baltimore 2014 Leeds, Cincinnati  2015 GCF  2016 Sunrise, Miami, Hampton, Philly 1&2, MSG 1&2, Fenway 1&2  2017 RHoF Induction 2018 Seattle 1&2 Fenway 1&2 2021 Sea Hear Now 2022 Hamilton, Toronto, MSG, Camden 2023 Indy

• Options
    matt84matt84 Posts: 608
    seanclax said:
    Agree. As crazy as it sounds (as I prefer smaller indoor venues) Hyde Park last year was much much better than the O2 in 2018.
  • Options
    seanclax said:

I was there last year yes .. got terrible blisters and had to buy new shoes afterwards .. I just prefer having my own seat rather than standing for 6+ hours

Portland, OR (November 29, 2013) | Seattle, WA (December 06, 2013) | Leeds, UK (July 08, 2014) | St Paul, MN (October 19, 2014) | Denver, CO (October 22, 2014) | Mexico City, MX (November 28, 2015) | Miami (April 09, 2016) | Boston 1 (August 05, 2016) | Prague (July 01, 2018) | Krakow (July 03, 2018) | Berlin (July 05, 2018) | Barcelona (July 10, 2018) | Seattle Night 2 (August 10, 2018) | Missoula, MT (August 13, 2018) | Ohana Festival (September 26, 2021) | Los Angeles (May 06, 2022) | Frankfurt (June 28, 2022) | Copenhagen (July 05, 2022) | London Hyde Park (July 08, 2022) | London Hyde Park (July 09, 2022) | Budapest (July 12, 2022) | New York (September 11, 2022) | St Paul (September 02, 2023) | Chicago (September 05, 2023) | Ft Worth (September 15, 2023) | Austin (September 19, 2023)
  • Options
    The RockThe Rock Posts: 1,394
    I'm a grump but I hope it's not Hyde Park. I don't like festivals, I'd much rather have 2 proper headlining shows at the O2.
    2006: London Astoria, Lisbon I & II, Paris, Verona, Milano
    2007: Wembley, Dusseldorf, Copenhagen, Nijmegen
    2009: Manchester
    2010: Belfast, Berlin
    2012: Manchester I & II
    2014: Leeds, Milton Keynes
    2018: Amsterdam I, Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Barcelona, London
    2022: Berlin, Budapest, Krakow, Amsterdam II
  • Options
    tino_11tino_11 Posts: 1,987
    matt84 said:
    seanclax said:
    Agree. As crazy as it sounds (as I prefer smaller indoor venues) Hyde Park last year was much much better than the O2 in 2018.
    London 2 2018 was the second greatest show I’ve ever seen
    2010: London
    2012: Manchester I, Manchester II, Manchester (EV) 
    2014: Milan, Leeds, Milton Keynes 
    2017: London II (EV) 
    2018: Amsterdam I, London I, Prague, London II 
    2019: London (EV)
    2022: London I, London II, Budapest, Krakow, Amsterdam
  • Options
    tino_11 said:
    matt84 said:
    seanclax said:
    What was the best Leeds?
  • Options
    seanclax said:
    just_one said:
    Sorry to say that's probably wishful thinking... As great as those tours were, I think they're a thing of the past. 
  • Options
    SpagsSpags Leigh-on-Sea, UK Posts: 2,960
    Any rumours regarding the Berlin venue? Waldbühne, Wuhlheide or an indoor stadium?
    Nature drunk and High
  • Options
    ilockyerilockyer Posts: 2,249
    seanclax said:
    just_one said:
    They might do shows without support, but I'd still not expect them to go beyond 2.5 hours. 
    The secret to a happy ending is knowing when to roll the credits
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,974
    ilockyer said:
    seanclax said:
    just_one said:
    They might do shows without support, but I'd still not expect them to go beyond 2.5 hours. 

I would be fine with this. Walk onstage at 8pm, walk offstage at 10:30. We all go home happy.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    SandyRavageSandyRavage Posts: 924
    edited December 2023
    I can't imagine PJ are going to play the same venues they played just a few short years ago. I can't see Hyde Park or BST announcing them as a headliner not 2 years after they were just there. Unless there was some sort of deal that PJ set to do the same venue multiple years apart, then I just can't see that happening. As far as I know, isn't BST like a weekend Festival throughout the summer? If they went and did that recently, it only seems right to come back through with your own show at a arena to retain the fans you made while playing the fest from a few years ago.. 

In the same way they did 2 nights at United Center and are now apparently headed back to Chicago for Wrigley. Bigger venue. But what will demand look like? To the casual that found themselves at United Center last year, will they be interested in a stadium show of that scale, or will they even have the money to buy a ticket for that show in this economy? 

The same way I cant see them coming back to the Forum again in LA. If you were going to do 4 nights at the Forum, you do them one after the other, you dont come back after 2 years and do 2 more. I can see it being it being special shows at the Hollywood Bowl, and it should be much easier to get a ticket. Same "city" as Forum, but wayyyy different part of town. It makes sense from a management perspective. 

Post edited by SandyRavage on
  • Options
    I can't imagine PJ are going to play the same venues they played just a few short years ago. I can't see Hyde Park or BST announcing them as a headliner not 2 years after they were just there. Unless there was some sort of deal that PJ set to do the same venue multiple years apart, then I just can't see that happening. As far as I know, isn't BST like a weekend Festival throughout the summer? If they went and did that recently, it only seems right to come back through with your own show at a arena to retain the fans you made while playing the fest from a few years ago.. 

The same way I cant see them coming back to the Forum again in LA. If you were going to do 4 nights at the Forum, you do them one after the other, you dont come back after 2 years and do 2 more. I can see it being it being special shows at the Hollywood Bowl, and it should be much easier to get a ticket. Same "city" as Forum, but wayyyy different part of town. It makes sense from a management perspective. 

I don't think they will play hyde park again but it isn't a traditional festival more like their own big outdoor show or closer to it than a festival 
  • Options
    tino_11 said:
    matt84 said:
    seanclax said:
    Setlist yes.

• Options
    tino_11 said:
    matt84 said:
    seanclax said:
    What was the best Leeds?
    That was my number one
  • Options
    Spags said:
    Any rumours regarding the Berlin venue? Waldbühne, Wuhlheide or an indoor stadium?
    Dimi suggested Waldbühne 
  • Options
    Leeds was fucking great
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Options
    The RockThe Rock Posts: 1,394
    I was seated for Leeds and the older couple behind me told us to sit down 2 songs in. Then they left after the first encore!

I had the best time, people to the left of us also left early so we had loads of dancing room. I'd love for them to play that venue again.
    2006: London Astoria, Lisbon I & II, Paris, Verona, Milano
    2007: Wembley, Dusseldorf, Copenhagen, Nijmegen
    2009: Manchester
    2010: Belfast, Berlin
    2012: Manchester I & II
    2014: Leeds, Milton Keynes
    2018: Amsterdam I, Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Barcelona, London
    2022: Berlin, Budapest, Krakow, Amsterdam II
  • Options
    RobbertRobbert Rotterdam, the Netherlands Posts: 784
    edited December 2023
    seanclax said:
    Spags said:
    Dimi suggested Waldbühne 
    Would love Waldbühne again. But if they haven to stop at 22.00, they can play the o2 this time, if i had to choose
  • Options
    The Rock said:
    I was seated for Leeds and the older couple behind me told us to sit down 2 songs in. Then they left after the first encore!

I had the best time, people to the left of us also left early so we had loads of dancing room. I'd love for them to play that venue again.
    I was glad I was driving that night - loads of people left about 11pm for last trains - this missing half an hour 
  • Options
    mikeyb107mikeyb107 Ireland Posts: 23
    Latest post on seems to be a big hint “Do you have your EYE on a 10 club membership…? Don’t miss out 🎡 💂🇬🇧
    Eye, probably referring to London eye of course
  • Options

In the same way they did 2 nights at United Center and are now apparently headed back to Chicago for Wrigley. Bigger venue. But what will demand look like? To the casual that found themselves at United Center last year, will they be interested in a stadium show of that scale, or will they even have the money to buy a ticket for that show in this economy? 

I think Bruce played it two years on the bounce when it was hard rock calling pre BST. So far only headliners for 24 are Andrea bocelli and Robbie Williams so no BIG draws like this summer gone (Bruce, pink, etc). Might come down to money and a lot of headline acts doing their own tours. Either o2 or Hyde park is good for me, good memories of both venues 
  • Options
    dani11dani11 uk Posts: 42
    matt84 said:
    seanclax said:
    Hyde Park as a venue was better than I was expecting! And of course the shows were great. The weather helped too.

I actually almost didn't go because I'd heard so many bad things about the venue...finishing early, bad sound, plus it being a festival maybe they play less songs. I thought location in London was great to get in/out of (compared to O2 Arena). 

But don't see them playing Hyde Park again next year, it's too soon. I'll go to O2 Arena but I think it will be hard to top the Hyde Park shows last year
  • Options
    matt84matt84 Posts: 608
    dani11 said:
    matt84 said:
    seanclax said:
    Hyde Park as a venue was better than I was expecting! And of course the shows were great. The weather helped too.

I actually almost didn't go because I'd heard so many bad things about the venue...finishing early, bad sound, plus it being a festival maybe they play less songs. I thought location in London was great to get in/out of (compared to O2 Arena). 

But don't see them playing Hyde Park again next year, it's too soon. I'll go to O2 Arena but I think it will be hard to top the Hyde Park shows last year
    It used to be bad. Saw RHCP in 2004, Bruce in 2009 and PJ in 2010. Only in the last few years has the sound improved. Also the BST festival has an awesome festival vibe, despite it being mostly a headline show.
  • Options
    D-RodD-Rod Hamilton, Ontario Posts: 1,817
    The Boston Discovery Guide, which I believe is used for tourists, appear to have up to date concert acts for 2024 in the region and they sure are teasing Pearl Jam at Fenway in September with their listed photo:

https://www.boston-discovery-guide.com/boston-concerts.html
    Great catch 
    1996.....Toronto
    2005.....Hamilton
    2011.....Toronto N1, Toronto N2, Hamilton
    2013.....London, Buffalo
    2014.....Detroit
    2016.....Toronto N1 Toronto N2, Boston  N1, Boston N2, Chicago N1
    2018.....Seattle N1, Seattle N2
    2022.....San Diego, Los Angeles N1, Los Angeles N2, Phoenix, Oakland N1, Oakland N2, Quebec City, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto  
    2023.....Fort Worth N1, Fort Worth N2, Austin N1, Austin N2
    2024.....???? 
  • Options
    Bunting10Bunting10 Massachusetts, USA Posts: 647
    “do you have an eye on a ten club membership this HOLIDAY season? Don’t miss out”

Makes me think the ten club sign ups can go past Christmas?  So an announcement after?  Or it’s just a general “holiday season” comment because we are currently in the holiday season? In that case the 19th (end of 10 days) is still in play.

Damn you Pearl Jam PR!!!!

either way we aren’t far off from something.  
This discussion has been closed.