Options

The Official 2024 TOUR Thread

Comments

• Options
    SpunkieSpunkie I come from downtown. Posts: 5,954
    I bought it and was in the midst of changing plans to attend Vegas rather than aiming for Vancouver/Portland. 

As it is, anyone know much about Vancouver and/or Portland in early May? I know it's definitely not ideal time to visit North Cascades or Crater Lake National Parks. Don't know much otherwise. Vancouver Island looks like paradise but likely not enough time to visit there.
    I bet crater lake will still be worth going! I went in a January and it was still beautiful. Cold, but beautiful. I was driving through so I made a detour to go. 
    Thanks for the insight. I thought it was crazy snowy and impassable throughout the winter.
    I was 21 young and dumb and didn’t research much so maybe I just completely lucked out with the snow. There was a lot, but the roads were completely clear. 
    I don't think we're going to have as much snow this spring (we aren't now, El Nino...) so don't let that stop you, D!
  • Options
    curmudgeonesscurmudgeoness Brigadoon, foodie capital Posts: 3,379
    I bought it and was in the midst of changing plans to attend Vegas rather than aiming for Vancouver/Portland. 

As it is, anyone know much about Vancouver and/or Portland in early May? I know it's definitely not ideal time to visit North Cascades or Crater Lake National Parks. Don't know much otherwise. Vancouver Island looks like paradise but likely not enough time to visit there.

Bring a raincoat and waterproof hiking boots, and you're all set. Google "Columbia River Gorge" -- you can drive out east of Portland on highway 84 and see some of the most beautiful places -- waterfalls, tons of trees, so lush. 

In Portland proper you have Forest Park, the rose garden, arboretum, Powell Butte park, where on a clear day you can see all the prominent local peaks. There's also Powell's bookstore downtown. Downtown Portland can be rough, not as bad as SFO though. 
    All those who seek to destroy the liberties of a democratic nation ought to know that war is the surest and shortest means to accomplish it.
  • Options
    SpunkieSpunkie I come from downtown. Posts: 5,954
    And PM @Zod, because that person travels to the states all the time to catch shows and will know some good tips for reentering the States from the island
  • Options
    JimmyV said:
    Flights are what they are. Most of us will probably end up paying more than we want to for them. But reasonably-priced hotels located within easy walking distance from the venue? Worth their weight in gold. Book early if you can. 
    That's one of the reasons London and Berlin are always good bets, you can stay anywhere on the underground or U/S Bahn lines 

I prefer staying near them, not on them  =)
    to each their own.....  
  • Options
    kaw753kaw753 Posts: 767

I have done 80% of the National Parks in the Western US. Crater Lake was super cool (and in the middle of nowhere). I didn't go too far into North Cascades, I would recommend hitting Olympic instead. 

• Options
    LaFleurLaFleur Posts: 806

Whistler from Van is easy as well and certainly worth visiting. 
    Barrie - '98
    Toronto - '96, '00, '03, '05, '06, '16, '20, '22
    Ottawa - '16, '20, '22
    Hamilton - '20, '22
  • Options
    SomethingCreativeSomethingCreative Kazoo, MI Posts: 3,355
    Anyone know if Aug 26 for Indy a firm date? Or just the best guess at “before wrigley”?
    "Well, I think this band is incapable of sucking."
    -my dad after hearing Not for You for the first time on SNL .
  • Options
    darwinstheorydarwinstheory LaPorte, IN Posts: 5,924
    Thanks for all the insight everyone. Just so I don't turn this into a darwinstheory travel plans thread, I'll hit you up via PM (or vice-versa). I'm pumped!

@LaFleur
    @kaw753
    @Spunkie
    @tylermoore
    @curmudgeoness
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • Options
    Anyone know if Aug 26 for Indy a firm date? Or just the best guess at “before wrigley”?
    Nothing on this thread is firm but 8/26 Indy has been widely discussed as very likely correct.  
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023
  • Options
    darwinstheorydarwinstheory LaPorte, IN Posts: 5,924
    Nothing on this thread is firm but 8/26 Indy has been widely discussed as very likely correct.  
    I thought Indy and Wrigley were the 3 shows/dates that really got the ball rolling. I could be wrong.
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • Options
    JadlerJadler Posts: 706
    Haven’t seen “official” confirmation, but sure seems to be trending that way. I wouldn’t mind if it was 8/25 instead, but I’ll just be thrilled to finally have a show there after September’s fiasco! 
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 18,143
    I thought Indy and Wrigley were the 3 shows/dates that really got the ball rolling. I could be wrong.
    The Wrigley dates are solid according to a source here. I had similar insight into the original Indy date and it turned out to be correct so I think the Wrigley dates are good.
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 18,143
    best guess at this point....I'm trying to gain intel
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options
    primussucksprimussucks Posts: 2,356
    Jadler said:
    Haven’t seen “official” confirmation, but sure seems to be trending that way. I wouldn’t mind if it was 8/25 instead, but I’ll just be thrilled to finally have a show there after September’s fiasco! 
    It's definitely not the 25th cause new kids on the block are there that date.
    Summerfest 7/8/95
    Missoula 6/20/98
    Alpine Valley 6/26/98 & 6/27/98
    Alpine Valley 10/8/00 
    Champaign 4/23/03
    Alpine Valley 6/21/03
    Missoula 8/29/05
    Chicago 5/16 & 17/06
    Grand Rapids 5/19/06
    Summerfest 6/29/06 & 6/30/06
    Tampa 6/12/08
    Chicago 8/23/09
    Indy 5/7/10
    Alpine Valley x2 2011
    Wrigley 2013
    Milwaukee 14
    Telluride 16
  • Options
    SM187650SM187650 Canada Posts: 722
    Word is Missoula is the 23rd. Any reason to think it might be the 22nd of august? 
  • Options
    Anyone thinking of hitting the soccer game in Düsseldorf on July 1? 
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

• Options
    JadlerJadler Posts: 706
    Jadler said:
    It's definitely not the 25th cause new kids on the block are there that date.
    Thanks! 
  • Options
    Tickets will be hard to come by I expect 
  • Options
    JackD.JackD. Posts: 487
    Mad Cool on Instagram:

„In 10 years, folks will continue to cherish the memories of Mad Cool 2024.“

TEN years.
  • Options
    fl247556fl247556 Posts: 278
    JackD. said:
    Mad Cool on Instagram:

„In 10 years, folks will continue to cherish the memories of Mad Cool 2024.“

TEN years.
    No code with that?!
    freddie vedder
  • Options
    YourDirtisMyfoodYourDirtisMyfood Boston Posts: 4,532
    They played the Showbox in Seattle about 20 years ago for the No Vote Left Behind show and that setlist is underrated.  The Seeker live Who cover debut, The New World (live debut), The American in me (live debut), Sheena is a Punk Rocker (Ramones, soundcheck), etc.  Maybe they'll play The Showbox in 2024?

https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/pearl-jam/2004/showbox-comedy-and-supper-club-seattle-wa-6bd62626.html
  • Options
    cutzcutz Posts: 11,548
    edited December 2023
    I think the sphere is wishful thinking, but beyond the visuals it is supposed to sound great  that alone could be enough for the band (or any band) to play there.
    I was waiting for a reply about how great the sound is and that could make it possible for Pearl Jam to play The Sphere.(Maybe not this Tour but in the future)
    Post edited by cutz on
  • Options
    kaw753 said:
    Queens of the Stone Age: 12 shows in 18 days across all of Canada in April. Now that's how you get it done and kill a road crew in the process.

Gonna be checking them out (again) in Tokyo in February.

What was that PJ Canada 2005 tour?
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • Options
    mrk2 said:
    I think Dimi's "better combo" refers to Berlin + Barcelona. Same amount of shows + same amount of days.
    Is that not 7 days ?
     are u gonna teach Math to Greeks now?..hehehehe..cheers

I'm a thief, I'm a liar
    My name is Pythagoras
    I don't fukkin' know maths.
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • Options
    gotthebottlegotthebottle San Diego Posts: 2,510
    cutz said:
    I think the sphere is wishful thinking, but beyond the visuals it is supposed to sound great  that alone could be enough for the band (or any band) to play there.
    I was waiting for a reply about how great the sound is and that could make it possible for Pearl Jam to play The Sphere.(Maybe not this Tour but in the future)
    Sound is phenomenal.. was there last night for my 3rd show and back next Wednesday.  Security management told me Harry Styles may be there after Phish... and I'm fairly sure U2 will go back next year for more residency... they clearly love it
  • Options
    Tickets will be hard to come by I expect 
    There’s a lottery right now for it.  Only until Tuesday.  I entered for the heck of it.  Conveniently located between London and Berlin.

The system gave a reference number which can be added to anyone else’s entry so that if my entry wins and so does theirs then the tickets will be adjacent.  If anyone wants to try for a little PJ section contact me for the number.  

The game is a round of 16 elimination game.

• Options
    julieferjuliefer New Westminster, BC Posts: 395
    Spunkie said:
    ^ Book a ferry and day trip there May 5, if that looks nice to you! 
    You think a day trip to Vancouver Island is enough? I follow a travel couple on YouTube and they showed quite a few very interesting things to do there. 
    A day is definitely not enough, unless you just want to spend a day wandering around Victoria (which is a great idea too). Since it's the beginning of the tour, you could make a vacation of it and come to BC a week early to explore the island. Our dollar is terrible right now so it'll be cheap for you. :)

Also, as someone else mentioned, give yourself some wiggle room with ferries in case of cancellations, and make a ferry reservation in advance.
  • Options
    pawlowski1097pawlowski1097 Philadelphia, PA Posts: 571
    Any word on Philadelphia venue ? Thanks 
  • Options
    NewboyxNewboyx 46060 Posts: 5
    Are Wrigley tickets available via 10C, or only through Cubs/Wrigley ticketing? 
    Noblesville 2023 (Eventually)
    Louisville 2022
    Noblesville 2010
    Noblesville 2000

• Options
    Newboyx said:
    Are Wrigley tickets available via 10C, or only through Cubs/Wrigley ticketing? 
    10C will offer ticketing for those shows 100%
This discussion has been closed.