Options

The Official 2024 TOUR Thread

Comments

• Options
    The Dublin show isn't as logistically difficult as many of you think. It's easy just to stay in a town 50 miles away and take a cab to Marlay Park. It's a relatively small country. Where there's a will, there's a way. 
  • Options
    However, if some of you are scared off, then that will just make it easier for the rest of us to score tickets to that show. Long live Pearl Jam! 
  • Options
    RatherStarvedRatherStarved Posts: 4,504
    I’m out for Dublin.  Would have been in if it were at the arena Ed played in 2019.  
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023
  • Options
    Heck, it's also fairly easy and cheap to take a train between cities in Ireland. It's no logistical nightmare as far as I'm concerned. 
  • Options
    Of course, my wife and I will be staying there for a week if we can score tickets, so we won't be dealing with any time constraints. I suppose that helps. 
  • Options
    Heck, it's also fairly easy and cheap to take a train between cities in Ireland. It's no logistical nightmare as far as I'm concerned. 

There'll be no trains leaving Dublin to other cities after the show. That form of transport pretty much shuts down at like 9pm unless there's big events in Croke Park. Dublin prices are crazy, not surprised people are dropping plans to come here.
  • Options
    Zen23Zen23 Posts: 411
    SHZA said:
    Zen23 said:
    I agree with you. Please note, however, that in my statistics I in no way implied that the band only work on these days. I was specifically talking about the days on which they play concerts. I am aware that this involves many more working days.
    "A vocation and financial security that has already allowed you in previous years - such as from 2015 to 2017 - to be on stage for a total of just 36 working days in three years and spend the rest of those three years with your family."
    The prosecution rests.  
    I plead guilty to this overly provocative point. I am aware that this is not the case.
  • Options
    dani11dani11 uk Posts: 43
    just_one said:
    mrk2 said:
    10 Club seats are really limited in Europe. It used to be GA only.
    I won seat tickets in Barcelona 2018 and im number 730159.

That being said for london (and although wife is not that tall 1.65m) we are gonna try for GA but we are not going for the front because in 2010 in hyde park in PJ it was so chaotic that we had to go to the back because it was getting very violent (we couldnt even feel out feet touching the floor) and when we were getting to the back she got hit with a plastic bottle in the head 
    I was near the front at the 2 Hyde park shows last year. I thought crowd was pretty tame...get the impression the crowds have got more chill since those 2010 Hyde park shows. There's always the drunk rowdy people sometimes, but I wouldn't be worried about the front being chaotic. Correct me if I'm wrong anybody.

I'm about 1.63m and I'll be trying to get GA tickets for the O2 shows...I noticed at Hyde Park the stage seemed raised, which meant I could see better, compared to seeing chili peppers at NOS Alive and it being hard to see (wasn't near the front tho).

Does anyone know if it's similar for the O2? I've been there before but a long time ago so can't remember.
  • Options
    Kearn5yKearn5y Ireland Posts: 2,760

There'll be no trains leaving Dublin to other cities after the show. That form of transport pretty much shuts down at like 9pm unless there's big events in Croke Park. Dublin prices are crazy, not surprised people are dropping plans to come here.
    Forget the trains. If anyone plans on staying outside Dublin, book a hotel in a town that have private bus travel to the show. Bus drop off and parking is at the southern entrance and will be there ready to go after the show. No more than a 5min walk to the park. Cost of the bus will not be much more than the transfer busses from the city centre without the hassle.
    Kearnsy
  • Options
    bazfromozbazfromoz Posts: 216
    Hotels in Dublin are going to be extortionate that whole week. Pink, Green Day, The killers, Taylor Swift, Rammstein, Liam Gallagher all playing in and around that week. And Dublin hotels are already a joke to start with 
  • Options
    Kearn5y said:

Forget the trains. If anyone plans on staying outside Dublin, book a hotel in a town that have private bus travel to the show. Bus drop off and parking is at the southern entrance and will be there ready to go after the show. No more than a 5min walk to the park. Cost of the bus will not be much more than the transfer busses from the city centre without the hassle.

A damning indictment on pretty much everything that we're saying get a bus to a different town because of prices and crap transport in a capital city. Even at that, it'd probably need to be a bus at like 11.30, and that'd be cutting it fine for a gig that ends at 10.30.
  • Options
    KidAOKKidAOK Posts: 94
    Expense is the big problem with Dublin obviously.

But Marley Park has improved with transportation.  It used to be hellish after, but now the wait isn't that long to get back to the city.  So if you can afford the trip stay in the city and bus it, it really will be a great time before and after the concert.  Best pubs in the world.
  • Options
    I was interested in Dublin as the rumoured date is the same weekend as Rammstein which would be a epic weekend, considering they're not playing England. 

I wanna see where the ACDC dates lie too, and get a longer trip out of it but seems like PJ will go on sale before we know the DC dates for sure :(
  • Options
    URthekeyURthekey Posts: 1,688
    MM70435 said:
    MSG vs Wells Fargo in Philly. 

.  Any other pros and cons about the two places?

Wells Fargo has a big gated parking lot around the venue = tailgating 
    MSG right in the city = lots of restaurants and bars but no parking w/ other fans.
    PJ notoriously perform  amazing shows in both cities and rabid fans with off the chart energy abound.
  • Options
    lastexitlondonlastexitlondon Posts: 12,768
    dani11 said:
    just_one said:
    mrk2 said:

That being said for london (and although wife is not that tall 1.65m) we are gonna try for GA but we are not going for the front because in 2010 in hyde park in PJ it was so chaotic that we had to go to the back because it was getting very violent (we couldnt even feel out feet touching the floor) and when we were getting to the back she got hit with a plastic bottle in the head 
    I was near the front at the 2 Hyde park shows last year. I thought crowd was pretty tame...get the impression the crowds have got more chill since those 2010 Hyde park shows. There's always the drunk rowdy people sometimes, but I wouldn't be worried about the front being chaotic. Correct me if I'm wrong anybody.

I'm about 1.63m and I'll be trying to get GA tickets for the O2 shows...I noticed at Hyde Park the stage seemed raised, which meant I could see better, compared to seeing chili peppers at NOS Alive and it being hard to see (wasn't near the front tho).

Does anyone know if it's similar for the O2? I've been there before but a long time ago so can't remember.
    London crowds are some of the most hectic after Italy and south america. The front 10 rows Infront of ed don't bother if you want any kind of calm  or mikes side because of pick showers and subsequent scrap for them. Stones side is best if you want peace 
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Options
    Weston1283Weston1283 Fredericksburg, VA Posts: 4,674
    MM70435 said:

As usual I will have to board a plane to see them play.  I can only do one city and hope to see both shows.  I prefer arenas so I will aim for either NYC or Philly.  I went to both MSG shows in 2010 and it was above and beyond my expectations.  I felt the legendary floor moving and the energy from the crowd was insane!  I would love to go back but am thinking tickets with the lotto odds and everything will favor Philly (still not easy by any means).  Judging by listening to boots the crowd energy is similar.  Will a show experience at Wells Fargo be similar to MSG minus the floor shaking?  How much less difficult will getting tickets for Philly be?  I have a fairly low 10C # and usually get great seats.  I don't enjoy the F2F thing at all (I don't think NY even allows it anyway).  Any other pros and cons about the two places?

(Sorry for this being off topic from actual "rumors")
    One of my few PJ Touring rules is to never miss a Philly show

And, in my honest and to be highly contested opinion, after 2010, the Philly/Camden shows have been much better than the MSG shows.  
    2010: Cleveland
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: London ONT / Wrigley Field / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / San Diego / Los Angeles I / Los Angeles II
    2014: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Detroit / Denver
    2015: New York City
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale / Miami / Jacksonville / Greenville / Hampton / Columbia / Lexington / Philly II / New York City II / Toronto II / Bonnaroo / Telluride / Fenway I / Wrigley I / Wrigley - II / TOTD - Philadelphia, San Francisco
    2017: Ohana Fest (EV)
    2018: Amsterdam I / Amsterdam II / Seattle I / Seattle II / Boston I / Boston II
    2021: Asbury Park / Ohana Encore 1 / Ohana Encore 2
    2022: Phoenix / LA I / LA II / Quebec City / Ottawa / New York City / Camden / Nashville / St. Louis / Denver
    2023: St. Paul II
    2024: Las Vegas I / Las Vegas II / New York City I / New York City II / Philly I / Philly II / Baltimore
  • Options
    njhaley1njhaley1 Valley of the Sun Posts: 305
    dani11 said:
    just_one said:
    mrk2 said:

There's always the drunk rowdy people sometimes, but I wouldn't be worried about the front being chaotic. Correct me if I'm wrong anybody.
    Ed has gotten very good at shutting things down when the drunkards act up. The past two shows I've been to with him (Ohana and Innings), he stopped the show a total of 5 times. 

Best to behave and keep yourself together. 
  • Options
    approappro UK Posts: 6
    If Marlay Park is the venue for Dublin, that's a logistical nightmare, have been looking at accommodations...
    All rumored shows are a nightmare. Seattle during Memorial Day week, Vegas during the big festival, Europe in the summer during euro cup, Wrigley and MSG during Labor Day weekend….
    The rumoured Manchester date (June 25th) is the same date/time England play in Euro 2024. It's surely going to have some impact on ticket demand. 
  • Options
    MM70435 said:

As usual I will have to board a plane to see them play.  I can only do one city and hope to see both shows.  I prefer arenas so I will aim for either NYC or Philly.  I went to both MSG shows in 2010 and it was above and beyond my expectations.  I felt the legendary floor moving and the energy from the crowd was insane!  I would love to go back but am thinking tickets with the lotto odds and everything will favor Philly (still not easy by any means).  Judging by listening to boots the crowd energy is similar.  Will a show experience at Wells Fargo be similar to MSG minus the floor shaking?  How much less difficult will getting tickets for Philly be?  I have a fairly low 10C # and usually get great seats.  I don't enjoy the F2F thing at all (I don't think NY even allows it anyway).  Any other pros and cons about the two places?

(Sorry for this being off topic from actual "rumors")
    One of my few PJ Touring rules is to never miss a Philly show

And, in my honest and to be highly contested opinion, after 2010, the Philly/Camden shows have been much better than the MSG shows.  

👍 Completely agree

2003 Spectrum, Camden 2, Holmdel 2004 Reading, PA 2005 Philly 2006 Hartford, Camden 1&2, E. Rutherford 1&2 2008 Camden 1&2, MSG 1&2  2009 Spectrum 1,2,3,4  2010 Hartford, Newark, MSG 1&2 2013 Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Brooklyn 1&2, Philly 1&2,  Baltimore 2014 Leeds, Cincinnati  2015 GCF  2016 Sunrise, Miami, Hampton, Philly 1&2, MSG 1&2, Fenway 1&2  2017 RHoF Induction 2018 Seattle 1&2 Fenway 1&2 2021 Sea Hear Now 2022 Hamilton, Toronto, MSG, Camden 2023 Indy

• Options
    gotthebottlegotthebottle San Diego Posts: 2,525
    Kwieneke said:
    Kwieneke said:
    sweetspot said:
    I really wish they would add HI to their tour.
    NOW YOU'RE TALKING!!! Been waiting for a show here since I saw them open for the final U2 Vertigo tour show and I got the wine bottle during Crazy Mary 
    Is this where the username comes from?
    Kwieneke said:
    sweetspot said:
    I really wish they would add HI to their tour.
    NOW YOU'RE TALKING!!! Been waiting for a show here since I saw them open for the final U2 Vertigo tour show and I got the wine bottle during Crazy Mary 
    Is this where the username comes from?
    😁😁
    Awesome! Now I’ll think about that every time I see you post🤣
    I even have a picture a friend took....
  • Options
    JPPJ84JPPJ84 Hamburg, Germany Posts: 3,450
    appro said:
    If Marlay Park is the venue for Dublin, that's a logistical nightmare, have been looking at accommodations...
    All rumored shows are a nightmare. Seattle during Memorial Day week, Vegas during the big festival, Europe in the summer during euro cup, Wrigley and MSG during Labor Day weekend….
    The rumoured Manchester date (June 25th) is the same date/time England play in Euro 2024. It's surely going to have some impact on ticket demand. 
    You can watch England not winning a tournament every two years. PJ come around less often! ;)
  • Options
    claviousclavious Northern Germany Posts: 54
    🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿
  • Options
    yosiyosi NYC Posts: 2,747
    URthekey said:
    MM70435 said:

MSG right in the city = lots of restaurants and bars but no parking w/ other fans.
    PJ notoriously perform  amazing shows in both cities and rabid fans with off the chart energy abound.
    Both places are fun time for shows. 

Getting out of the parking lot after the show in Wells Fargo was a disaster when I last saw PJ in Philly in ‘13. Getting out of MSG and onto the subway (or cab) is a breeze. 
    you couldn't swing if you were hangin' from a palm tree in a hurricane

• Options
    on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,584
    URthekey said:
    MM70435 said:

This. Both will be fabulous. 
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    EraserheadEraserhead Stoke-on-Trent Posts: 2,899
    JPPJ84 said:
    appro said:
    You can watch England not winning a tournament every two years. PJ come around less often! ;)

There always seems to be some PJ/football tournament clash during the summer. Thankfully, I hate football, so I'm alright.
    Manchester 04.06.00, Leeds 25.08.06, Wembley 18.06.07, Dusseldorf 21.06.07, Shepherds Bush 11.08.09, Manchester 17.08.09, Adelaide 17.11.09, Melbourne 20.11.09, Sydney 22.11.09, Brisbane 25.11.09, MSG1 20.05.10, MSG2 21.05.10, Dublin 22.06.10, Belfast 23.06.10, London 25.06.10, Long Beach 06.07.11 (EV), Los Angeles 08.07.11 (EV), Toronto 11.09.11, Toronto 12.09.11, Ottawa 14.09.11, Hamilton 14.09.11, Manchester 20.06.12, Manchester 21.06.12, Amsterdam 26.06.2012, Amsterdam 27.06.2012, Berlin 04.07.12, Berlin 05.07.12, Stockholm 07.07.12, Oslo 09.07.12, Copenhagen 10.07.12, Manchester 28.07.12 (EV), Brooklyn 18.10.13, Brooklyn 19.10.13, Philly 21.10.13, Philly 22.10.13, San Diego 21.11.13, LA 23.11.13, LA 24.11.13, Oakland 26.11.13, Portland 29.11.13, Spokane 30.11.13, Calgary 02.12.13, Vancouver 04.12.13, Seattle 06.12.13, Trieste 22.06.14, Vienna 25.06.14, Berlin 26.06.14, Stockholm 28.06.14, Leeds 08.07.14, Philly 28.04.16, Philly 28.04.16, MSG1 01.05.16, MSG2 02.05.16
  • Options
    Heck, I'll just jump in a cab and pay a $200 fare if necessary to get from Marlay Park to whatever town we're staying in. As I said, where there's a will, there's a way. 
  • Options
    When I was in the Army stationed in Germany, we'd take a rental car to shows hundreds of miles away with no tickets already in hand and no hotel reservations. Sometimes the adventurous trips are actually more fun. I don't need a stinking travel agent now that I'm 52. 
  • Options
    MakeUSmileMakeUSmile NJ Posts: 1,069
    on2legs said:
    URthekey said:
    MM70435 said:

This. Both will be fabulous. 
    Also… if rumored dates hold true,  Philly has an off day between, MSG does not.  So if you are looking to see other things in city, besides the show,  that off day is perfect time to do it. Tickets to both will be hard.  You can at least try and score Philly on fan to fan. If you do not score MSG in lottery, you are likely paying way over face value for a ticket. If you can even find one. 
    can you feel this world with your heart and not your brain?
  • Options
    mikeyb107mikeyb107 Ireland Posts: 23
    Heck, I'll just jump in a cab and pay a $200 fare if necessary to get from Marlay Park to whatever town we're staying in. As I said, where there's a will, there's a way. 
    Hotels in Dublin City centre will be expensive, look out towards Tallaght, Clondalkin, Lucan, Leixlip which will be cheaper and easier for taxi than city centre, just checked there and looking at €400ish check in 21 and out 23rd 
  • Options
    dani11 said:
    just_one said:
    mrk2 said:

London crowds are some of the most hectic after Italy and south america. The front 10 rows Infront of ed don't bother if you want any kind of calm  or mikes side because of pick showers and subsequent scrap for them. Stones side is best if you want peace 
    I think the problem with BST the gold circle diffuses the crowds alot, they're a fairly recent addition, where they used to be first come first serve but now they're all paid for. Night 1 front of GA (because my mate didn't have 10c) was dead really, we went 10c night 2 and the atmosphere was alot better. I think the set has a massive impact too, night 1 BST set was alot slower overall Vs night 2.

I saw them at the O2 night 2 and the crowd was a fairly standard O2 crowd(dead for the most part), I was like 1/4 of the way back at standing. I do remember Ed asking people to step back though so there must have been some ruckus. 

I remember the start of the MK bowl show in 2014 going absolutely mad. Then it slowed down as everyone settled in for the marathon set. 
This discussion has been closed.