Options

The Official 2024 TOUR Thread

Comments

• Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 13,065
    just_one said:
    mrk2 said:
    10 Club seats are really limited in Europe. It used to be GA only.
    I won seat tickets in Barcelona 2018 and im number 730159.

That being said for london (and although wife is not that tall 1.65m) we are gonna try for GA.
    How good were the seats?
  • Options
    iOnlyownMymindiOnlyownMymind Posts: 2,613
    ** If this post doesn’t belong here, admins can delete. **

Saw this on FB about posters and how poster artists allegedly get paid:

https://www.webworm.co/p/pearljam?fbclid=IwAR02AT_ofxEpOwSneU_68iiRmnEi13IGqPe7EZ6RER_q6PhAz1U61eePSkw_aem_AfepRKNBwe21CVT_HW3CCh6vl-X1peeAbSdQT65IKNQKdyuWGw78Cdsh1XwcpSHFqlA
    Probably could be it's own thread, but it is an interesting discussion for sure. 
  • Options
    just_onejust_one Lisbon Posts: 2,039
    edited January 5
    PJNB said:
    just_one said:
    mrk2 said:

That being said for london (and although wife is not that tall 1.65m) we are gonna try for GA.
    How good were the seats?
    Awesome ones

Post edited by just_one on
  • Options
    MattayMattay Posts: 35

https://www.webworm.co/p/pearljam?fbclid=IwAR02AT_ofxEpOwSneU_68iiRmnEi13IGqPe7EZ6RER_q6PhAz1U61eePSkw_aem_AfepRKNBwe21CVT_HW3CCh6vl-X1peeAbSdQT65IKNQKdyuWGw78Cdsh1XwcpSHFqlA
    a bit off topic but seeing as it’s just the same stuff on here until there’s a proper announcement, then play on I say 

in which case, Chris is a dick and pay your people appropriately Pearl Jam
  • Options
    PhartNPhartN MD Posts: 265
    Mattay said:

a bit off topic but seeing as it’s just the same stuff on here until there’s a proper announcement, then play on I say 

in which case, Chris is a dick and pay your people appropriately Pearl Jam
    Can we please not, this thread already meanders way off topic as it is...
    1995: New Orleans, LA
    2006: Washington, D.C.
    2008: Washington, D.C.
    2010: Bristow, VA
    2013: Baltimore, MD
    2016: Hampton, VA
    2020: Baltimore, MD
    2023: Noblesville, IN TBD
  • Options
    pjl44pjl44 Posts: 8,473

This is pretty interesting. I'm not sure I realized the APs were the only form of compensation. While the writer was reaching out to these other artists he should have asked what flat fee is typical for a band of this stature. I need a little context to know whether it's a good deal or not.
  • Options
    mrk2mrk2 Finland Posts: 2,030
    just_one said:
    mrk2 said:

The draw is random, your number is as good as anyone. The number only determines how good your seat is if you win.
    225xxx - 6/28/00, 10/20/01, 10/22/01, 9/11/06, 9/22/06, 9/23/06, 6/18/07, 6/26/07, 8/15/09, 6/25/10, 6/30/10, 7/4/12, 7/5/12, 7/7/12, 7/10/12, 6/26/14, 6/28/14, 7/3/18, 7/5/18
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 19,001

Probably could be it's own thread, but it is an interesting discussion for sure. 
    Definitely could use its own thread. Interesting topic.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    spunky666spunky666 Posts: 19
    Still no news about a show in the Netherlands or Belgium?
  • Options
    just_onejust_one Lisbon Posts: 2,039
    spunky666 said:
    Still no news about a show in the Netherlands or Belgium?
    Not happenning,  small tour next year in europe
  • Options
    njhaley1njhaley1 Valley of the Sun Posts: 305
    JimmyV said:

Definitely could use its own thread. Interesting topic.
    Discussed heavily on reddit this past week:
    https://www.reddit.com/r/pearljam/s/yftuAwIxpE

And I see another post today, because people love to rehash stuff. 
  • Options
    bazfromozbazfromoz Posts: 220
    EMEK would’ve loved getting 100 Rome posters to sell lol 
  • Options
    kaw753kaw753 Posts: 779
    just_one said:
    PJNB said:
    just_one said:
    mrk2 said:

How good were the seats?
    Awesome ones

I think I might be in this picture wearing a Pearl Jam t-shirt and holding a beer.
  • Options
    TKeTKe Posts: 24
    just_one said:

That 10C number can’t be right though because mine is about 16000 lower and I’ve only been a member since 2020.
  • Options
    woolymanwoolyman Posts: 53
    Wondering:
    assuming the cities and rumoured venues are true… where would the better odds be to getting TC tix do we think between Vancouver and Chicago?

wrigley is double the capacity, but does it have more than double the demand?

I know there are other factors: TC allotment, demand…etc. 

Love going to new places and seeing PJ… deciding between those 2. 

Thoughts?
  • Options
    primussucksprimussucks Posts: 2,356
    woolyman said:
    Wondering:
    assuming the cities and rumoured venues are true… where would the better odds be to getting TC tix do we think between Vancouver and Chicago?

Thoughts?
    Go to Vancouver!!  Arena's>baseball stadium's.
    Summerfest 7/8/95
    Missoula 6/20/98
    Alpine Valley 6/26/98 & 6/27/98
    Alpine Valley 10/8/00 
    Champaign 4/23/03
    Alpine Valley 6/21/03
    Missoula 8/29/05
    Chicago 5/16 & 17/06
    Grand Rapids 5/19/06
    Summerfest 6/29/06 & 6/30/06
    Tampa 6/12/08
    Chicago 8/23/09
    Indy 5/7/10
    Alpine Valley x2 2011
    Wrigley 2013
    Milwaukee 14
    Telluride 16
  • Options
    woolyman said:
    Wondering:

Thoughts?
    One thing to consider is the cost and inconvenience of getting there and staying there - with Vancouver taking the lead on each of those accounts. If you've got a passport and money to burn, go for Vancouver. 
  • Options
    deb1211deb1211 Posts: 1,310
    Wrigley also has weather concerns and is right before Labor Day
  • Options
    on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,600
    pjl44 said:

This is pretty interesting. I'm not sure I realized the APs were the only form of compensation. While the writer was reaching out to these other artists he should have asked what flat fee is typical for a band of this stature. I need a little context to know whether it's a good deal or not.
    If the article was more objective, it might have discussed the exposure the artist gets from having a Pearl Jam poster in their portfolio.  There is a value to that exposure and my guess many artists are pumped to have their artwork promoted by the band.  And I’m not sure how the one artist they managed to talk to only made $3,000 after shipping costs.  100 AP’s at $100 each is $10,000.  Where did the other $7,000 go?

And my biggest take away from the article is… no one is forcing the artist to make the poster.  If the fee structure is not satisfactory then just say no thank you.  
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    Bunting10Bunting10 Massachusetts, USA Posts: 651
    edited January 6
    on2legs said:
    pjl44 said:

If the article was more objective, it might have discussed the exposure the artist gets from having a Pearl Jam poster in their portfolio.  There is a value to that exposure and my guess many artists are pumped to have their artwork promoted by the band.  And I’m not sure how the one artist they managed to talk to only made $3,000 after shipping costs.  100 AP’s at $100 each is $10,000.  Where did the other $7,000 go?

And my biggest take away from the article is… no one is forcing the artist to make the poster.  If the fee structure is not satisfactory then just say no thank you.  
    Eh I still think the artist should be properly compensated for creating something the band makes a lot of money off of.  The artists shouldn’t have to put more work in to make a little money themselves.  Kind of ridiculous in my mind.  I love Pearl Jam but that is kind of $hitty haha.  They should get money and some posters out of the deal!  
    Post edited by Bunting10 on
  • Options
    JT167846JT167846 Posts: 862
    Side note I'm hoping New Zealand artists are being sought because New Zealand concerts will be shortly confirmed...
    Stars are suns to other people.

Wellington 1998
    London 2007
    Brisbane 2009
    Stockholm 2012
    Amsterdam 1 & 2 2014
    EV Dublin 2017
    Milan 2018
    Padova 2018
    Boston 2 2018
  • Options
    JD87070JD87070 Posts: 165
    on2legs said:
    pjl44 said:

My thoughts exactly, the article was very one sided. They’re basically offering these artists $8,000-$12,000 depending on what they decide to charge ($80-$125 was the suggested range). And they would also charge a shipping fee to the buyer, so i don’t see the mentioned shipping costs taking away from their cut.  For PJ, those artist editions go in a heartbeat, i could see for some other bands it being more of a gamble. It seemed this artist wasn’t familiar with the market for PJ posters, for the money she could make and the exposure, it seems like a no-brainer to me.
  • Options
    JD87070JD87070 Posts: 165
    Bunting10 said:
    on2legs said:
    pjl44 said:

Eh I still think the artist should be properly compensated for creating something the band makes a lot of money off of.  The artists shouldn’t have to put more work in to make a little money themselves.  Kind of ridiculous in my mind.  I love Pearl Jam but that is kind of $hitty haha.  They should get money and some posters out of the deal!  
    That was my first reaction also, but after thinking about it and doing the math, they can make $10,000 selling the posters for $100 each. Much more than they would be able to get out of any bands up front considering they have these posters for every show of a tour. And even taking a percentage of the at-show sales, the band sells maybe 500 posters at $60 each a show, so that’s $30,000. The artists percentage isn’t going to be 33%, so they’re better off having it this way in the long run.
    Also keep in mind, this is an artist who has never done concert posters before, i’m sure more established artists can negotiate different deals than this-either 100 APs and a percentage, or more APs. But it really isn’t as bad as it seems at first glance.
  • Options
    IlianDL7IlianDL7 Belgium Posts: 23
    Since they're not coming to Belgium or near us I'm thinking of doing London and Berlin back-to-back. First time I'd be going alone. You guys have any tips or tricks on going alone to a PJ concert? 
    Werchter '14
    Werchter '18
    Werchter '22
    Budapest '22
    Amsterdam N2 '22
  • Options
    gotthebottlegotthebottle San Diego Posts: 2,532
    IlianDL7 said:
    Since they're not coming to Belgium or near us I'm thinking of doing London and Berlin back-to-back. First time I'd be going alone. You guys have any tips or tricks on going alone to a PJ concert? 
    Tricks? I go alone alot..
    Just go and enjoy.. what trick do you need? 
  • Options
    Zen23Zen23 Posts: 414
    Leave your smartphone in your pocket for the entire concert and soak up every second with your senses.
  • Options
    JimmiJimmi Netherlands Posts: 36
    IlianDL7 said:
    After the official announcement, there'll be facebookgroups for the concerts in the separate cities. You can join those and ask any questions you'll have there. You'll be all right. Nothing to worry about, especially if you've already visited the cities before. 
  • Options
    gotthebottlegotthebottle San Diego Posts: 2,532
    Zen23 said:
    Leave your smartphone in your pocket for the entire concert and soak up every second with your senses.
    I wish.. like some of us remember it used to be
  • Options
    Zen23 said:
    I wish.. like some of us remember it used to be
    I watched the Seattle '18 show on Amazon the other day, and it was hilarious to see a sea of cell phones recording the stage during some clips - weirdly meta. There's no need to record anything, but if you really want video, there's dozens of people around you recording. 

Thank goodness PJ has boots. I wish more bands offered them, or at least more would allow tapers. 
  • Options
    steven87steven87 Posts: 1,335
    IlianDL7 said:
    Going solo is great- I’ve met some of my best PJ touring buddies that way. I also fully agree with the comments about leaving your cell phone in your pocket the whole time- soak in the music and enjoy every second of it. IMO, every second you spend recording you’re missing out on what’s actually happening on stage. If you want videos to preserve the show, rest assured there will be tons of other people recording the show and posting their videos on YouTube.  
This discussion has been closed.