Options

The Official 2024 TOUR Thread

Comments

• Options
    steven87steven87 Posts: 1,339
    drfox said:
    steven87 said:
    I’m considering doing the London shows at the O2. Any idea how difficult it is to get GA tickets through 10c? I’ve only been to shows in the US and Canada, most of which have been on the east coast and which have been incredibly difficult to score GA tickets to, and I’m wondering whether that is also the case in Europe. Is GA just a small section right in front of the stage like in the US, or is it the entire floor? Any insight would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
    Entire floor. U.K./Europe opposite to the US and GA tickets easier to get than seated tickets 
    Wow! Good to know. Thanks!
  • Options
    djjazzy276djjazzy276 Posts: 225
    setlist41 said:
    Are we thinking the Portland show on 5/10 will be at the Moda Center?

That most likely, although Providence Park is open for concerts this year too... Green Day, Foo's tickets already purchased.
    Hey @OceanSoul71 what area of Portland would you recommend as being safe enough for tge Moda?
    @darwinstheory just to offer my two cents, I live here and feel like the "Portland is a dangerous hellscape" image that is often spread around is just not true. Yes, there are a LOT of unhouse people here, but that has not once prevented me from walking around whatever part of town I wanted to be in, at night, alone or both. I've never had an issue. That being said, if I were you I'd try to stay somewhere that would make it easy for you to either walk, take a train or ride share to the Moda, as actually trying to park in and around there can be frustrating and expensive. There are TONS of great hotels on the west side/downtown that are all close to the yellow/blue/red line trains that will take you the short trip east across the river and drop you off right outside the arena. There are also several options to stay walking distance to the venue on the east side. If you don't mind ride sharing, you could try to find a hotel or AirBnB near SE Division St, NE Alberta St, or N Mississippi Ave. There's a lot of cool places to eat/drink there and would not take too long to get to the Moda by car.
  • Options
    darwinstheorydarwinstheory LaPorte, IN Posts: 5,937
    @djjazzy276 thank you for the insight. You described the area I had been searching, so that is good.

Yeah, I live in a predominantly red area and when I've told people I'm going to Portland, their looks and comments reflect their political beliefs. They are also the "I'm never going to Chicago because I don't want to get robbed and shot" crowd. I've never once had an issue in Chicago. There are just certain parts I do not frequent and I stay aware of surroundings. I expect similar of most major cities.
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • Options
    BlueLedbetterBlueLedbetter Posts: 1,256
    steven87 said:
    drfox said:
    steven87 said:
    I’m considering doing the London shows at the O2. Any idea how difficult it is to get GA tickets through 10c? I’ve only been to shows in the US and Canada, most of which have been on the east coast and which have been incredibly difficult to score GA tickets to, and I’m wondering whether that is also the case in Europe. Is GA just a small section right in front of the stage like in the US, or is it the entire floor? Any insight would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
    Entire floor. U.K./Europe opposite to the US and GA tickets easier to get than seated tickets 
    It's normally very easy to get GA from 10C in Europe, not sure if the shorter tour may change that but I'd imagine it will be ok for 1st or 2nd pick
  • Options
    darwinstheorydarwinstheory LaPorte, IN Posts: 5,937
    Does anyone have any idea about venues for:
    Vancouver
    Sacramento
    Los Angeles
    Seattle 
    Manchester
    Berlin
    Barcelona
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • Options
    curmudgeonesscurmudgeoness Brigadoon, foodie capital Posts: 3,410
    njhaley1 said:
    Kwieneke said:
    Kwieneke said:
    Where’s everyone staying for wrigley? These hotels are insane! 1300 for one hotel from the 29th-1st
    Where the heck are you looking?  
    Hotel versey in wrigleyville is one we stay at for games from time to time. It’s 1300 for the 3 nights  
    I booked there for 4 nights, back on 11/16. It was $1500 (28th-1st). So much! (and booked the 1st day dates were "confirmed"). Hope to be sharing.

* others less than 1 mile from venue were much more!
    I have no problem staying in or near the Loop and riding El to Wrigley to save $... Gold Coast was about $750 for 4 nights. 
    Well, I did get refundable, if I change to further out. I'm not familiar with taking the El, but may have to Get familiar.
    So easy that my 5yo and I could figure it out never having been to Chicago. 

Visit the Field Museum while you're there, it's just a few stops away. 

Chicago's museums are outstanding! We love the Field Museum; the planetarium and aquarium are an easy walk away. Museum of Science and Industry is great, so is the Art Institute of Chicago :swoon:. The zoos are great, too.
    All those who seek to destroy the liberties of a democratic nation ought to know that war is the surest and shortest means to accomplish it.
  • Options
    The RockThe Rock Posts: 1,432
    Vancouver
    Sacramento
    Los Angeles
    Seattle 
    Manchester
    Berlin
    Barcelona
    Manchester will either be the AO Arena (old) or the brand new Co-Op Live which still appears to be available on the rumoured date. 

Berlin will probably be Waldbuhne again - they played there in 2018 and 2022.

Barcelona will likely be Palau Sant Jordi - same as the 2018 show.
    2006: London Astoria, Lisbon I & II, Paris, Verona, Milano
    2007: Wembley, Dusseldorf, Copenhagen, Nijmegen
    2009: Manchester
    2010: Belfast, Berlin
    2012: Manchester I & II
    2014: Leeds, Milton Keynes
    2018: Amsterdam I, Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Barcelona, London
    2022: Berlin, Budapest, Krakow, Amsterdam II
  • Options
    julieferjuliefer New Westminster, BC Posts: 395
    Vancouver
    Sacramento
    Los Angeles
    Seattle 
    Manchester
    Berlin
    Barcelona
    Vancouver is most likely Rogers Arena.
  • Options
    curmudgeonesscurmudgeoness Brigadoon, foodie capital Posts: 3,410
    @djjazzy276 thank you for the insight. You described the area I had been searching, so that is good.

Yeah, I live in a predominantly red area and when I've told people I'm going to Portland, their looks and comments reflect their political beliefs. They are also the "I'm never going to Chicago because I don't want to get robbed and shot" crowd. I've never once had an issue in Chicago. There are just certain parts I do not frequent and I stay aware of surroundings. I expect similar of most major cities.

I don't live in PDX but I've stayed there many times and recently moved across the river. As in Seattle and other West Coast cities, homelessness is a major challenge. The unhoused population is diverse -- I've seen everything from families with small children :-( to really psychologically unwell, alarming people. On the other hand, when I'm staying downtown I (female) feel reasonably comfortable going for a run by myself along the water. On the third hand, there was a pile of (human) feces on the sidewalk the last time I went for a run there in October....

I think you should not leave valuables in your car if you're parking it in Portland.

I will say Portland is, to my knowledge, the only place where Antifa is a real thing. We were visiting a few years ago when Antifa took over a bridge, setting off smoke grenades and fireworks and smashing some storefront windows downtown. But protests, demonstrations and property damage/ vandalism are different animals than muggings and assaults, and my impression as a regular visitor is that you don't need to be any more worried about those things in Portland than you would be in any other city.
    All those who seek to destroy the liberties of a democratic nation ought to know that war is the surest and shortest means to accomplish it.
  • Options
    abzmikeabzmike Posts: 26
    steven87 said:
    drfox said:
    steven87 said:
    It's normally very easy to get GA from 10C in Europe, not sure if the shorter tour may change that but I'd imagine it will be ok for 1st or 2nd pick
    GA in the O2 is not the same as GA in a stadium, Hyde Park or a field, probably 5000 max, so may not be so easy.
  • Options
    Weston1283Weston1283 Fredericksburg, VA Posts: 4,679
    If the Chicago image is real, then I'm def out for that one. Just put the deposit down for our yearly beach trip to Topsail, which falls on those dates.
    Really hoping that Baltimore rumor is real, already being there for the Boss will be awesome.
    Yeah.  Someone seriously needs to start the "Move the Baltimore show to Camden Yards" thread.  Especially if the field is already going to be concert ready.
    2010: Cleveland
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: London ONT / Wrigley Field / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / San Diego / Los Angeles I / Los Angeles II
    2014: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Detroit / Denver
    2015: New York City
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale / Miami / Jacksonville / Greenville / Hampton / Columbia / Lexington / Philly II / New York City II / Toronto II / Bonnaroo / Telluride / Fenway I / Wrigley I / Wrigley - II / TOTD - Philadelphia, San Francisco
    2017: Ohana Fest (EV)
    2018: Amsterdam I / Amsterdam II / Seattle I / Seattle II / Boston I / Boston II
    2021: Asbury Park / Ohana Encore 1 / Ohana Encore 2
    2022: Phoenix / LA I / LA II / Quebec City / Ottawa / New York City / Camden / Nashville / St. Louis / Denver
    2023: St. Paul II
    2024: Las Vegas I / Las Vegas II / New York City I / New York City II / Philly I / Philly II / Baltimore
  • Options
    JojoRiceJojoRice Kennesaw, GA Posts: 4,090
    Seattle will be in the new arena most likely. 
    "I got memories, I got shit"

ISO 2016 Greenville shirt. Size medium. PM me if you have one for sale/trade.
  • Options
    100 Pacer100 Pacer Toronto, ON Posts: 8,682
    JojoRice said:
    Seattle will be in the new arena most likely. 
    💯 
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
  • Options
    PhartNPhartN MD Posts: 265
    If the Chicago image is real, then I'm def out for that one. Just put the deposit down for our yearly beach trip to Topsail, which falls on those dates.
    Really hoping that Baltimore rumor is real, already being there for the Boss will be awesome.
    Yeah.  Someone seriously needs to start the "Move the Baltimore show to Camden Yards" thread.  Especially if the field is already going to be concert ready.
    Hard disagree!  Saw them at the arena last time they came and it was an awesome venue to see them in, also no chance of a rain out (September in the NE and all).  Can't imagine they don't play Bmore for the COVID make up show, that said, I do wish they would play DC proper!  Cant wait either way!
    1995: New Orleans, LA
    2006: Washington, D.C.
    2008: Washington, D.C.
    2010: Bristow, VA
    2013: Baltimore, MD
    2016: Hampton, VA
    2020: Baltimore, MD
    2023: Noblesville, IN TBD
  • Options
    deb1211deb1211 Posts: 1,312
    I am hoping to see them in Baltimore and take my brother to his first PJ show and I prefer the nice indoor arena.
  • Options
    jlindgren2jlindgren2 Reno Posts: 82
    Vancouver
    Sacramento
    Los Angeles
    Seattle 
    Manchester
    Berlin
    Barcelona

Can't imagine Sactown will be anywhere but the Golden 1 Center
  • Options
    BlueLedbetterBlueLedbetter Posts: 1,256
    abzmike said:
    steven87 said:
    drfox said:
    steven87 said:
    GA in the O2 is not the same as GA in a stadium, Hyde Park or a field, probably 5000 max, so may not be so easy.
    It was last 3 times I got GA for all 3 
  • Options
    PhartN said:
    Hard disagree!  Saw them at the arena last time they came and it was an awesome venue to see them in, also no chance of a rain out (September in the NE and all).  Can't imagine they don't play Bmore for the COVID make up show, that said, I do wish they would play DC proper!  Cant wait either way!
    Was at the 2013 Baltimore show as well, and had tix for 2020 one. Definitely hoping to get to this show, but have little interest if it were at Camden Yards. I'm just not a big fan of stadium shows. We did Wrigley 2013, all four Fenway and the two in Seattle in 2018, but just not highly interested in any more in stadiums that we've already been to. That said, if a Philly show at CBP or NYC at Citifield show were to happen, we'd be there in a heartbeat. Might even trek out to Pitt for a PNC show.
    2003 Spectrum, Camden 2, Holmdel 2004 Reading, PA 2005 Philly 2006 Hartford, Camden 1&2, E. Rutherford 1&2 2008 Camden 1&2, MSG 1&2  2009 Spectrum 1,2,3,4  2010 Hartford, Newark, MSG 1&2 2013 Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Brooklyn 1&2, Philly 1&2,  Baltimore 2014 Leeds, Cincinnati  2015 GCF  2016 Sunrise, Miami, Hampton, Philly 1&2, MSG 1&2, Fenway 1&2  2017 RHoF Induction 2018 Seattle 1&2 Fenway 1&2 2021 Sea Hear Now 2022 Hamilton, Toronto, MSG, Camden 2023 Indy

• Options
    ChoskaChoska Posts: 121
    darwinstheory said:

I don't live in PDX but I've stayed there many times and recently moved across the river. As in Seattle and other West Coast cities, homelessness is a major challenge. The unhoused population is diverse -- I've seen everything from families with small children :-( to really psychologically unwell, alarming people. On the other hand, when I'm staying downtown I (female) feel reasonably comfortable going for a run by myself along the water. On the third hand, there was a pile of (human) feces on the sidewalk the last time I went for a run there in October....

I think you should not leave valuables in your car if you're parking it in Portland.

I will say Portland is, to my knowledge, the only place where Antifa is a real thing. We were visiting a few years ago when Antifa took over a bridge, setting off smoke grenades and fireworks and smashing some storefront windows downtown. But protests, demonstrations and property damage/ vandalism are different animals than muggings and assaults, and my impression as a regular visitor is that you don't need to be any more worried about those things in Portland than you would be in any other city.
    The west coast cities do have issue with homelessness and open air drug use that east coast cities wouldn’t tolerate. That said, they are significantly safer than what one hears on right wing media. Seattle is a remarkably safe city relative to other big cities. The new city council will continue and extend the crack down on street crime. Just avoid the area around 3rd and Jackson which has been skid row for decades, and, like everywhere else, don’t leave valuables in your car. 
    Seattle 1992Seattle 1992Seattle 1993Seattle 1995Seattle 1996Seattle 1998Seattle 2001Seattle 2002Seattle 2005Gorge 2006Seattle 2009Seattle 2013Chicago 2016 x2Seattle 2018 x2San Diego 2022Nashville 2022, Seattle 2022 - Eddie Vedder

• Options
    jamofpearlsjamofpearls Florence, AL Posts: 347
    That would be awesome!
    98-Birmingham, 00-Nashville, 03-Nashville, 12-Atlanta, 14-Memphis, 16-New Orleans, 18-Amsterdam, Night 1 & 2, 18-Seattle Night 2, 21-New Jersey, 22-Imola, 22-Nashville, 22-Louisville
    Ed Solo: 17-Louisville
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 88,982
    steven87 said:
    drfox said:
    steven87 said:

Reserved seats will be tougher then GA tickets for the London O2 shows? Oh dear. Might have to try for GA with the wife. 
  • Options
    juliefer said:
    Vancouver
    Sacramento
    Los Angeles
    Seattle 
    Manchester
    Berlin
    Barcelona
    Vancouver is most likely Rogers Arena.

Saw Peter Gabriel there in October. Good venue!
    Portland, OR (November 29, 2013) | Seattle, WA (December 06, 2013) | Leeds, UK (July 08, 2014) | St Paul, MN (October 19, 2014) | Denver, CO (October 22, 2014) | Mexico City, MX (November 28, 2015) | Miami (April 09, 2016) | Boston 1 (August 05, 2016) | Prague (July 01, 2018) | Krakow (July 03, 2018) | Berlin (July 05, 2018) | Barcelona (July 10, 2018) | Seattle Night 2 (August 10, 2018) | Missoula, MT (August 13, 2018) | Ohana Festival (September 26, 2021) | Los Angeles (May 06, 2022) | Frankfurt (June 28, 2022) | Copenhagen (July 05, 2022) | London Hyde Park (July 08, 2022) | London Hyde Park (July 09, 2022) | Budapest (July 12, 2022) | New York (September 11, 2022) | St Paul (September 02, 2023) | Chicago (September 05, 2023) | Ft Worth (September 15, 2023) | Austin (September 19, 2023)
  • Options
    cmikeheltoncmikehelton Posts: 173
    Kwieneke said:
    kmcmanus said:
    For all the assumptions about journalistic ethics, maybe they called Wrigley and they confirmed it. Even if it started with the bs article doesn’t mean they didn’t vet the info
    Kind of my thought. I’m sure that people in media at channel 5 could have connections to media at wrigley. 
    As if anyone in media cares about the facts..they all typically just want to be first
    "And the young, they can lose hope
    'Cause they can't see beyond today
    The wisdom that the old can't give away, hey
    Constant recoil
    Sometimes life don't leave you alone."
  • Options
    mrk2mrk2 Finland Posts: 2,030
    10 Club seats are really limited in Europe. It used to be GA only.
    225xxx - 6/28/00, 10/20/01, 10/22/01, 9/11/06, 9/22/06, 9/23/06, 6/18/07, 6/26/07, 8/15/09, 6/25/10, 6/30/10, 7/4/12, 7/5/12, 7/7/12, 7/10/12, 6/26/14, 6/28/14, 7/3/18, 7/5/18
  • Options
    OceanSoul71OceanSoul71 Posts: 76
    edited January 5
    setlist41 said:
    Are we thinking the Portland show on 5/10 will be at the Moda Center?

That most likely, although Providence Park is open for concerts this year too... Green Day, Foo's tickets already purchased.
    Hey @OceanSoul71 what area of Portland would you recommend as being safe enough for tge Moda?
    @darwinstheory
    Well, I live across the Columbia River in WA and when in concerts, I usually book a room at the Doubletree (Hilton) or Courtyard (Marriott) for adult beverages etc. no driving home buzzed. Both hotels are 10 min walk from Moda Center and have always been safe even late nights.
    Post edited by OceanSoul71 on
    Portland, OR (November 29, 2013) | Seattle, WA (December 06, 2013) | Leeds, UK (July 08, 2014) | St Paul, MN (October 19, 2014) | Denver, CO (October 22, 2014) | Mexico City, MX (November 28, 2015) | Miami (April 09, 2016) | Boston 1 (August 05, 2016) | Prague (July 01, 2018) | Krakow (July 03, 2018) | Berlin (July 05, 2018) | Barcelona (July 10, 2018) | Seattle Night 2 (August 10, 2018) | Missoula, MT (August 13, 2018) | Ohana Festival (September 26, 2021) | Los Angeles (May 06, 2022) | Frankfurt (June 28, 2022) | Copenhagen (July 05, 2022) | London Hyde Park (July 08, 2022) | London Hyde Park (July 09, 2022) | Budapest (July 12, 2022) | New York (September 11, 2022) | St Paul (September 02, 2023) | Chicago (September 05, 2023) | Ft Worth (September 15, 2023) | Austin (September 19, 2023)
  • Options
    GT1015GT1015 Posts: 184
    mrk2 said:
    Well, maybe they cut the GA section down instead of having the entire floor open?  
  • Options
    seanclaxseanclax Posts: 411
    abzmike said:
    steven87 said:
    drfox said:
    steven87 said:
    5000 Is over a quarter of the capacity.
  • Options
    seanclaxseanclax Posts: 411
    mrk2 said:
    GA all the way for me.
  • Options
    OceanSoul71OceanSoul71 Posts: 76
    edited January 5
    ** If this post doesn’t belong here, admins can delete. **

Saw this on FB about posters and how poster artists allegedly get paid:

https://www.webworm.co/p/pearljam?fbclid=IwAR02AT_ofxEpOwSneU_68iiRmnEi13IGqPe7EZ6RER_q6PhAz1U61eePSkw_aem_AfepRKNBwe21CVT_HW3CCh6vl-X1peeAbSdQT65IKNQKdyuWGw78Cdsh1XwcpSHFqlA
    Post edited by OceanSoul71 on
  • Options
    just_onejust_one Lisbon Posts: 2,041
    edited January 5
    mrk2 said:
    I won seat tickets in Barcelona 2018 and im number 730159.

That being said for london (and although wife is not that tall 1.65m) we are gonna try for GA but we are not going for the front because in 2010 in hyde park in PJ it was so chaotic that we had to go to the back because it was getting very violent (we couldnt even feel out feet touching the floor) and when we were getting to the back she got hit with a plastic bottle in the head 
    Post edited by just_one on
This discussion has been closed.