The Official 2024 TOUR Thread

Comments

• Options
    seanclaxseanclax Posts: 307
    Robbert said:
    seanclax said:
    Robbert said:
    o2 for me. More a indoor person
    Not when hyde park was so good last year.
    Seen the setlists from 2018 in the o2?
    For me 1000% o2 Arena 
    The 2nd show was an anomaly.
    It was the last night of the tour and they took requests from the crew. Ed said it himself. The setlist would of been different if the 2nd show was the night afterthought 1st. And the setlist for hyde park was killer to. Plus much easier to get close up.
  • Options
    matt84 said:
    Hyde Park was incredible last year. Also helps massively that the sound has vastly improved over the last few years. Amazing atmosphere.
    It was great but it was also perfect weather.  Personally I’d keep it as a memory and go with somewhere else this time.  
    The band hand a blast last year.
    Night 1 Ed said it was the best crowd they had played to in London and Night 2 they got to jam with Johnny Marr.

Also worth thinking about is last time you got a code to buy tickets off another provider so you didn't have to include the London shows on your priority list if your going to multiple shows
  • Options
    RobbertRobbert Rotterdam, the Netherlands Posts: 808
    seanclax said:
    Robbert said:
    seanclax said:
    Robbert said:
    For me 1000% o2 Arena 
    It was the last night of the tour and they took requests from the crew. Ed said it himself. The setlist would of been different if the 2nd show was the night afterthought 1st. And the setlist for hyde park was killer to. Plus much easier to get close up.
    Skip the 2nd night....have you seen the night 1
    setlist?????
    But besides what songs were played, for me indoor. Those big festival crowds arent my thing anymore. If they are in driving distance i will go like Pinkpop, Werchter etc
  • Options
    edited November 2023
    Robbert said:
    seanclax said:
    Robbert said:
    seanclax said:
    Robbert said:
    For me 1000% o2 Arena 
    setlist?????
    But besides what songs were played, for me indoor. Those big festival crowds arent my thing anymore. If they are in driving distance i will go like Pinkpop, Werchter etc
    Don't need to see the setlist I was there. Ed was sick.
    I like arenas to. Hopefully the Manchester show will be in the new arena. I'm also hoping to go to krakow and Amsterdam. I like outdoor shows to though. If it is the o2 then ill probably go to Berlin instead of Amsterdam 
    Post edited by seanclax on
  • Options
    just_onejust_one Lisbon Posts: 2,025
    one thing that been "bugging" me is the lack of silence from @Santos L. Halper , still no "psst keep your membership up to date" , the annoucement is usually in early december(first week).

anyone knows whats the gap between the "keep your membership up to date" and the annoucement usually?
  • Options
    RobbertRobbert Rotterdam, the Netherlands Posts: 808
    edited November 2023
    seanclax said:
    Robbert said:
    seanclax said:
    Robbert said:
    seanclax said:
    Robbert said:
    For me 1000% o2 Arena 
    setlist?????
    I like arenas to. Hopefully the Manchester show will be in the new arena. I'm also hoping to go to krakow and Amsterdam. I like outdoor shows to though. If it is the o2 then ill probably go to Berlin instead of Amsterdam 
    Berlin my favourite of all. Thats the city where i do like outdoors ;), Waldbühne (saw them 2 times there) and Wühlheide (saw them 3 times there).
    Post edited by Robbert on
  • Options
    just_one said:
    one thing that been "bugging" me is the lack of silence from @Santos L. Halper , still no "psst keep your membership up to date" , the annoucement is usually in early december(first week).

anyone knows whats the gap between the "keep your membership up to date" and the annoucement usually?
    Me too ... but what is "bugging" me besides this: If a new album is coming, shouldn't the album be announced before the tour? Maybe they'll announce together? At least the shop section on the website got cleaned up on friday - giving me a little hope that something might happen...
  • Options
    deb1211deb1211 Posts: 1,278
    just_one said:

It was 13 days last time
  • Options
    one_stone said:
    just_one said:

Me too ... but what is "bugging" me besides this: If a new album is coming, shouldn't the album be announced before the tour? Maybe they'll announce together? At least the shop section on the website got cleaned up on friday - giving me a little hope that something might happen...
    no , the annoucement of Gigaton was on January 2020(alongside the Spring US tour) , the announcement of the 2020 european tour was the first week of december 2019
  • Options
    deb1211 said:
    just_one said:

It was 13 days last time
    well if they are playing werchter then we are 10 days away from the tickets going into sale (dec 1st) maybe they are not playing werchter then?
  • Options
    ChoskaChoska Posts: 121
    Stones tour announcement for next summer dropping tomorrow. Maybe PJ will drop their announcement in December rather than waiting until January. I’d like to be able to plan. 
    Seattle 1992Seattle 1992Seattle 1993Seattle 1995Seattle 1996Seattle 1998Seattle 2001Seattle 2002Seattle 2005Gorge 2006Seattle 2009Seattle 2013Chicago 2016 x2Seattle 2018 x2San Diego 2022Nashville 2022, Seattle 2022 - Eddie Vedder

• Options
    Robbert said:
    seanclax said:
    Robbert said:
    seanclax said:
    Robbert said:
    seanclax said:
    Robbert said:
    For me 1000% o2 Arena 
    setlist?????
    Berlin my favourite of all. Thats the city where i do like outdoors ;), Waldbühne (saw them 2 times there) and Wühlheide (saw them 3 times there).
    Waldbuhne was a really cool venue. Glad I ticked  it off my list. Berlin as a city wasn't my favourite to visit. I'd go back though 
  • Options
    Choska said:
    Stones tour announcement for next summer dropping tomorrow. Maybe PJ will drop their announcement in December rather than waiting until January. I’d like to be able to plan. 
    It'll be announced before January 
  • Options
    Bunting10Bunting10 Massachusetts, USA Posts: 651
    I’m pretty sure Dimi will start talking a little more on FB leading up to any announcement.  
  • Options
    mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,042
    seanclax said:
    matt84 said:
    Hyde Park was incredible last year. Also helps massively that the sound has vastly improved over the last few years. Amazing atmosphere.
    It was great but it was also perfect weather.  Personally I’d keep it as a memory and go with somewhere else this time.  
    Night 1 Ed said it was the best crowd they had played to in London and Night 2 they got to jam with Johnny Marr.

Also worth thinking about is last time you got a code to buy tickets off another provider so you didn't have to include the London shows on your priority list if your going to multiple shows
    Isn't the singer of a band telling the crowd they are great kind of like the waitress at Hooters telling me I look good today?
  • Options
    primussucksprimussucks Posts: 2,356
    Choska said:
    My guess is they announce the Euro tour within a week or 2 along with a new single and album release date.
    Then in January they announce all the US Dates along with album title and track listing and album cover.
    Summerfest 7/8/95
    Missoula 6/20/98
    Alpine Valley 6/26/98 & 6/27/98
    Alpine Valley 10/8/00 
    Champaign 4/23/03
    Alpine Valley 6/21/03
    Missoula 8/29/05
    Chicago 5/16 & 17/06
    Grand Rapids 5/19/06
    Summerfest 6/29/06 & 6/30/06
    Tampa 6/12/08
    Chicago 8/23/09
    Indy 5/7/10
    Alpine Valley x2 2011
    Wrigley 2013
    Milwaukee 14
    Telluride 16
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,396
    edited November 2023
    just_one said:

I like that.  Reduce competition from people joining last second to get 10c tix :)

I like how U2 does it.   They have a bare minimum seniority thing.  If you were a member before they made the announcement you get priority, if you joined after they made the announcement your in a 2nd group.  At least give a little preference to members that have been sticking around.

edit:  I suppose I should mention I used to do this (and sometimes still do) in other band fan clubs.   Would hop on for a year just to get access to presale tickets, get the tickets, then let it lapse again the following year.  I do feel giving some ticket priority to the people that pay every year might not be a bad thing, even though that would mess with how I do things on other fan clubs.
    Post edited by Zod on
  • Options
    If not a member for a while, I don't see any advantage to signing up now if they stick with the GA and reserved option for US shows. Rolling the dice on GA and more than likely getting stuck with terrible seats. Better seats available closer to the show. 
  • Options
    mace1229 said:
    seanclax said:
    matt84 said:

Isn't the singer of a band telling the crowd they are great kind of like the waitress at Hooters telling me I look good today?
    Not with vedder no
  • Options
    pjl44pjl44 Posts: 8,410
    mace1229 said:
    seanclax said:
    matt84 said:

"Uniondale, you have truly been a delight"
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,639
    If not a member for a while, I don't see any advantage to signing up now if they stick with the GA and reserved option for US shows. Rolling the dice on GA and more than likely getting stuck with terrible seats. Better seats available closer to the show. 
    With fan to fan it definitely is easier to get tickets outside of the fan club now to make sure at least in the building.  That said, if you are looking for tickets in the northeast you may still want to have the fan club lottery to have another chance to at least get in the building.
  • Options
    Weston1283Weston1283 Fredericksburg, VA Posts: 4,664
    edited November 2023
    Yes, it is virtually worthless to sign up as a new member at this point if the GA/Res combo option remains.  Only way it helps is for a show like MSG where resale is unrestricted and you want a shot at getting in the door for face 

2010: Cleveland
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: London ONT / Wrigley Field / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / San Diego / Los Angeles I / Los Angeles II
    2014: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Detroit / Denver
    2015: New York City
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale / Miami / Jacksonville / Greenville / Hampton / Columbia / Lexington / Philly II / New York City II / Toronto II / Bonnaroo / Telluride / Fenway I / Wrigley I / Wrigley - II / TOTD - Philadelphia, San Francisco
    2017: Ohana Fest (EV)
    2018: Amsterdam I / Amsterdam II / Seattle I / Seattle II / Boston I / Boston II
    2021: Asbury Park / Ohana Encore 1 / Ohana Encore 2
    2022: Phoenix / LA I / LA II / Quebec City / Ottawa / New York City / Camden / Nashville / St. Louis / Denver
    2023: St. Paul II
    2024: Las Vegas I / Las Vegas II / New York City I / New York City II / Philly I / Philly II / Baltimore
  • Options
    pjl44 said:
    mace1229 said:
    seanclax said:
    matt84 said:

"Uniondale, you have truly been a delight"
    "Worcester, we love you!" 
  • Options
    Yes, it is virtually worthless to sign up as a new member at this point if the GA/Res combo option remains.  Only way it helps is for a show like MSG where resale is unrestricted and you want a shot at getting in the door for face 

Best membership benefit is being able to post to this esteemed forum.  
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023
  • Options
    pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,291
    With fan to fan it definitely is easier to get tickets outside of the fan club now to make sure at least in the building.  That said, if you are looking for tickets in the northeast you may still want to have the fan club lottery to have another chance to at least get in the building.
    no it's not. not even close.  when stub hub was an option there were always tickets available. now with fan to fan you have to stalk it out and hope a non premium set of tickets pop up. price is better to say it's easier to get tickets outside of the fan club if really false.
  • Options
    deb1211deb1211 Posts: 1,278

Best membership benefit is being able to post to this esteemed forum.  
    This is true
  • Options
    I’m a little out of the loop on the new ticketing process and fan to fan. So in NA you now get two options for 10c - ‘GA/Seated’ and ‘Seated’? If you just go for ‘Seated’ and you score, are those seats going to be better situated than the seats you get if you rolled the dice and went for ‘GA/Seated’? I’m struggling to see where priority comes in to it. Is priority no longer a thing when entering for ‘Seated’ only?
    2007 London
    2009 Manchester
    2010 Dublin / London
    2012 Manchester I & II / Berlin I & II / EV: Manchester
    2014 Amsterdam I & II / Vienna / Berlin / Leeds
  • Options
    pjl44pjl44 Posts: 8,410
    I’m a little out of the loop on the new ticketing process and fan to fan. So in NA you now get two options for 10c - ‘GA/Seated’ and ‘Seated’? If you just go for ‘Seated’ and you score, are those seats going to be better situated than the seats you get if you rolled the dice and went for ‘GA/Seated’? I’m struggling to see where priority comes in to it. Is priority no longer a thing when entering for ‘Seated’ only?
    No - your seats will be determined by your seniority regardless of which draw they come from
  • Options
    blairs1blairs1 Ontario, Canada Posts: 184
    how many re-assignments will happen in 2024?
  • Options
    Zod said:
    just_one said:

I like that.  Reduce competition from people joining last second to get 10c tix :)

I like how U2 does it.   They have a bare minimum seniority thing.  If you were a member before they made the announcement you get priority, if you joined after they made the announcement your in a 2nd group.  At least give a little preference to members that have been sticking around.

edit:  I suppose I should mention I used to do this (and sometimes still do) in other band fan clubs.   Would hop on for a year just to get access to presale tickets, get the tickets, then let it lapse again the following year.  I do feel giving some ticket priority to the people that pay every year might not be a bad thing, even though that would mess with how I do things on other fan clubs.

And then you have a lot of bands:
    Join now for a fan club presale! The code is SUMMEROFFUN and you can get tickets anywhere in the arena.

That doesn't even touch the insanity that is Winter Jam. No tickets! Pay cash at the door!
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
This discussion has been closed.