Options

The Official 2024 TOUR Thread

Comments

• Options
    BrainofBGABrainofBGA Australia Posts: 4,014
    Edved007 said:
    JK109224 said:
    Go Media Stadium at Mt Smart, Auckland - Friday November 8 & Sunday November 10

Heritage Bank Stadium, Gold Coast - Wednesday November 13

Allianz Stadium, Sydney - Saturday November 16 & Monday November 18

AAMI Park, Melbourne - Thursday November 21 & Saturday November 23
    Honest question... assuming this is accurate, how well will these shows sell?  I know they are very overdue to get back to NZ/AU, and I honestly don't know, but what's the demand like for the band in the part of the world?  Two shows in most cities in soccer stadiums that appears to hold 40K+ for concerts, will be these sell out? Seems like a lot of capacity, but maybe I'm off base.

Either way, I'm jacked.... I've patiently waited over a decade for this to happen. I've seen the band all over the world with this exception, and looks like it's finally go time for this, most likely, once in a life time trip. I've been saving those C.C. points, excited to finally plan this trip.
    The Melbourne venue holds up to 32 000. 
    In 2009 they had nearly 50 000 show up to a larger venue for one show in Melb. 
    And if Perth and Adelaide aren’t getting shows then people will travel to Melb or Sydney for sure. Then you have International travellers possibly!? Even people in Brisbane have to travel up the highway an hour to go to the GC show. 
    I suppose people will also go to multiple
    shows. 
    Melbourne #1 '98
    Melbourne #2 '03
    Melbourne #3 '03
    Melbourne #1 '06
    Melbourne #3 '06
    Melbourne '09
    Melbourne '14
  • Options
    matt84matt84 Posts: 629
    Edved007 said:
    JK109224 said:

Honest question... assuming this is accurate, how well will these shows sell?  I know they are very overdue to get back to NZ/AU, and I honestly don't know, but what's the demand like for the band in the part of the world?  Two shows in most cities in soccer stadiums that appears to hold 40K+ for concerts, will be these sell out? Seems like a lot of capacity, but maybe I'm off base.

Either way, I'm jacked.... I've patiently waited over a decade for this to happen. I've seen the band all over the world with this exception, and looks like it's finally go time for this, most likely, once in a life time trip. I've been saving those C.C. points, excited to finally plan this trip.
    The Melbourne venue holds up to 32 000. 
    In 2009 they had nearly 50 000 show up to a larger venue for one show in Melb. 
    And if Perth and Adelaide aren’t getting shows then people will travel to Melb or Sydney for sure. Then you have International travellers possibly!? Even people in Brisbane have to travel up the highway an hour to go to the GC show. 
    I suppose people will also go to multiple
    shows. 
    If shows are getting announced a year in advance it will help sales. The fact AUS/NZ dates are already out (although just rumours), is the only reason I’m going to be able to plan a trip from the UK to NZ.
  • Options
    When are Pearl Jam gunna play Anfield in Liverpool? Thats like 2 worlds colliding right there....
  • Options
    seanclaxseanclax Posts: 297
    When are Pearl Jam gunna play Anfield in Liverpool? Thats like 2 worlds colliding right there....
    Pass
  • Options
    Micheyb21Micheyb21 UK Posts: 253
    matt84 said:
    Micheyb21 said:
    JK109224 said:

Booked lodging at those..Mt Smart is a pain in the ass though... been there
    I had booked hotel thinking Spark Arena would be the possible choice in Auckland but maybe thats too small?  - now wondering how easy Mt Smart is to get to/from if staying in downtown Auckland or change tack 
    After researching venues, I thought it would be the Spark Arena too, however, I’ve just booked accommodation near the Stadium instead. Can’t wait for the proper announcement!
    JackD. said:
    Micheyb21 said:
    JK109224 said:

Booked lodging at those..Mt Smart is a pain in the ass though... been there
    I had booked hotel thinking Spark Arena would be the possible choice in Auckland but maybe thats too small?  - now wondering how easy Mt Smart is to get to/from if staying in downtown Auckland or change tack 
    Shuttle busses are running from Britomart. At least they did in 2014 when I went to see Bruce Springsteen!  =)

But yeah, I doubt you‘ll be the only one at the gig who wants to go back downtown. There‘ll be options.
    Fab thanks - got some options anyways

hopefully we get an announcement by Jan to take advantage of those jan sales flights- fingers crossed
    2000 Cardiff/ 2006 Paris/ 2011 Toronto/ 2013 Chicago/ 2014 Amsterdam 1 & Milton Keynes, 
    2016 MSG 1 & 2/ 2017 London Ed solo/ 2018 London 1, Padua, Rome, Prague & London 2
    2019 Dusseldorf & Dublin Ed Solo  
    2022 Copenhagen, London 1&2, Budapest, Krakow, Vienna, Prague, Ams 1 & Ams 2
    2024 Manchester, London, Auckland & Sydney
  • Options
    seanclax said:
    Pass
    Must be a manchester fan  :o
  • Options
    seanclax said:
    Pass
    Must be a manchester fan  :o
    A Manchester fan who has no interest in attending any stadium shows. There never great
  • Options
    Kearn5yKearn5y Ireland Posts: 2,745
    Heaven and hell for me
    Kearnsy
  • Options
    CO278952CO278952 Orlando, FL Posts: 1,262
    What are the Florida dates?
    4.17.94 Paramount 9.28.96 Randall's Island 8.25.00 Jones Beach 4.28.03 Spectrum 7.5.03 Camden 7.6.03 Camden
    07.08.03 MSG 07.09.03 MSG 7.12.03 Hershey 7.14.03 Holmdel 6.12.08 Tampa 10.19.13 Brooklyn 4.11.16 Tampa
    5.1.16 MSG 5.2.16 MSG 8.7.16 Fenway 9.2.18 Fenway 9.4.18 Fenway 9.11.22 MSG 9.16.22 Nashville 9.18.23 Austin 9.19.23 Austin
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,632
    This is the first tour I've been factoring canceled shows in my scheduling process.  Do I assume that the band will make it to Melbourne?  Do I go to the Gold Coast or Sydney and see a show there instead of Melbourne? It's a vacation first, but my goal is to see PJ in as many countries as possible along the way.  I'm thinking I'll try for one show in NZ and one show in Australia and Melbourne would be my choice based on these rumored dates.
  • Options
    just_onejust_one Lisbon Posts: 2,022
    This is the first tour I've been factoring canceled shows in my scheduling process.  Do I assume that the band will make it to Melbourne?  Do I go to the Gold Coast or Sydney and see a show there instead of Melbourne? It's a vacation first, but my goal is to see PJ in as many countries as possible along the way.  I'm thinking I'll try for one show in NZ and one show in Australia and Melbourne would be my choice based on these rumored dates.
    I was in vienna last year but next year is probably the last im able to travel to see them so im going to try to do london,Barcelona and amsterdam
  • Options
    gotthebottlegotthebottle San Diego Posts: 2,508
    Is alot easier to get a room in Melbourne and get to AAMI than Sydney Olympic Park. Melbourne great city,  can get around really easily. If you do GC make the drive down the coast to Melb abd stop along the way.... don't miss the Big Banana !!!
  • Options
    CopperTomCopperTom Posts: 2,990
    I used to be an end of the tour kinda guy, but the shows at the beginning of the tour are a safer bet.  That's why I went to St. Paul last year.
  • Options
    100 Pacer100 Pacer Toronto, ON Posts: 8,655
    CopperTom said:
    I used to be an end of the tour kinda guy, but the shows at the beginning of the tour are a safer bet.  That's why I went to St. Paul last year.
     The closers edged out the openers IMO.
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
  • Options
    100 Pacer said:
    CopperTom said:

Austin on Sept 19th was a wild one! 🤘
    Portland, OR (November 29, 2013) | Seattle, WA (December 06, 2013) | Leeds, UK (July 08, 2014) | St Paul, MN (October 19, 2014) | Denver, CO (October 22, 2014) | Mexico City, MX (November 28, 2015) | Miami (April 09, 2016) | Boston 1 (August 05, 2016) | Prague (July 01, 2018) | Krakow (July 03, 2018) | Berlin (July 05, 2018) | Barcelona (July 10, 2018) | Seattle Night 2 (August 10, 2018) | Missoula, MT (August 13, 2018) | Ohana Festival (September 26, 2021) | Los Angeles (May 06, 2022) | Frankfurt (June 28, 2022) | Copenhagen (July 05, 2022) | London Hyde Park (July 08, 2022) | London Hyde Park (July 09, 2022) | Budapest (July 12, 2022) | New York (September 11, 2022) | St Paul (September 02, 2023) | Chicago (September 05, 2023) | Ft Worth (September 15, 2023) | Austin (September 19, 2023)
  • Options
    100 Pacer said:
    CopperTom said:

If they even happen. St. Paul and Chicago went on as scheduled.

If you're gonna travel, I'd highly recommend trying for a show early in the tour...once the band gets out and mingles with the public, all bets are off.
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • Options
    CopperTom said:
    The end of the tour is usually a safe bet for rareities. The risk is worth the reward. I'm looking at Manchester London and Barcelona 

• Options
    Kocter01Kocter01 Manchester Posts: 9
    Hi, can someone offer some advice? I’ve not bought tickets via the Ten Club for about 20 years. After Hyde Park two years back, I’ve rejoined to get good tickets, ideally in a golden circle. At Hyde Park, it was brilliant, but we were a long way back with the various sections.

So my question is… if the shows next year are all arenas (assuming it’s not Hyde Park again), will all the standing areas likely have a Golden Circle? And so they’re the tickets to aim for..?
  • Options
    edited November 2023
    Also re Anfield. I saw someone asking Steven Van Zandt on X/Twitter about the possibility of Springsteen playing there. He said they’d looked into it, but someone had beaten them to it. Taylor Swift I assume.
    Post edited by Kocter01 on
  • Options
    Kocter01 said:
    Hi, can someone offer some advice? I’ve not bought tickets via the Ten Club for about 20 years. After Hyde Park two years back, I’ve rejoined to get good tickets, ideally in a golden circle. At Hyde Park, it was brilliant, but we were a long way back with the various sections.

So my question is… if the shows next year are all arenas (assuming it’s not Hyde Park again), will all the standing areas likely have a Golden Circle? And so they’re the tickets to aim for..?
    From my experience a few arenas have golden circle type areas but most don't just 10C early entry pretty sure London O2 was just early entry 
  • Options
    Micheyb21Micheyb21 UK Posts: 253
    Kocter01 said:

Some do, some dont - usually will be able to work this out once tour is announced.  Over last couple of tours Prague 2018 did, and Im pretty sure Rome in 2018 did too and Vienna (2022 if it had happened) would have also had one.  
    2000 Cardiff/ 2006 Paris/ 2011 Toronto/ 2013 Chicago/ 2014 Amsterdam 1 & Milton Keynes, 
    2016 MSG 1 & 2/ 2017 London Ed solo/ 2018 London 1, Padua, Rome, Prague & London 2
    2019 Dusseldorf & Dublin Ed Solo  
    2022 Copenhagen, London 1&2, Budapest, Krakow, Vienna, Prague, Ams 1 & Ams 2
    2024 Manchester, London, Auckland & Sydney
  • Options
    Thank you. I’ll personally hope for Hyde Park again then. :)
  • Options
    Kocter01 said:
    Thank you. I’ll personally hope for Hyde Park again then. :)
    This is my hope. Signs are pointing to the o2 though unfortunately 

• Options
    RobbertRobbert Rotterdam, the Netherlands Posts: 803
    o2 for me. More a indoor person
  • Options
    Robbert said:
    Not when hyde park was so good last year.
  • Options
    matt84matt84 Posts: 629
    Hyde Park was incredible last year. Also helps massively that the sound has vastly improved over the last few years. Amazing atmosphere.
  • Options
    If it’s the o2 would there be fan club priority seats? If so where?

We did the o2 back in 2018. Had seats on top tier, level with edge of stage.
  • Options
    matt84 said:
    Hyde Park was incredible last year. Also helps massively that the sound has vastly improved over the last few years. Amazing atmosphere.
    It was great but it was also perfect weather.  Personally I’d keep it as a memory and go with somewhere else this time.  
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023
  • Options
    RobbertRobbert Rotterdam, the Netherlands Posts: 803
    edited November 2023
    seanclax said:
    Robbert said:
    Seen the setlists from 2018 in the o2?
    For me 1000% o2 Arena 
    Post edited by Robbert on
  • Options
    Robbert said:
    seanclax said:
    Robbert said:
    Seen the setlists from 2018 in the o2?
    For me 1000% o2 Arena 

Same here. Hyde Park shows were great! Was close to stage and in the middle both night, but I also prefer indoor venues and O2 was great with Genesis final shows in March 2022. Would be great to see PJ there 🤘
    Portland, OR (November 29, 2013) | Seattle, WA (December 06, 2013) | Leeds, UK (July 08, 2014) | St Paul, MN (October 19, 2014) | Denver, CO (October 22, 2014) | Mexico City, MX (November 28, 2015) | Miami (April 09, 2016) | Boston 1 (August 05, 2016) | Prague (July 01, 2018) | Krakow (July 03, 2018) | Berlin (July 05, 2018) | Barcelona (July 10, 2018) | Seattle Night 2 (August 10, 2018) | Missoula, MT (August 13, 2018) | Ohana Festival (September 26, 2021) | Los Angeles (May 06, 2022) | Frankfurt (June 28, 2022) | Copenhagen (July 05, 2022) | London Hyde Park (July 08, 2022) | London Hyde Park (July 09, 2022) | Budapest (July 12, 2022) | New York (September 11, 2022) | St Paul (September 02, 2023) | Chicago (September 05, 2023) | Ft Worth (September 15, 2023) | Austin (September 19, 2023)
This discussion has been closed.