How the FUCK……

123457»

Comments

• rummyrummy British Columbia, Canada Posts: 4,345
    They’ve recognized some of “my” bands from the nineties (eg, Pearl Jam, Nirvana, Radiohead, and (I guess) Green Day) but far too many (alternative) rock bands from that decade are being overlooked - and, in a sense, forgotten. Soundgarden, Alice in Chains, Smashing Pumpkins, Oasis (yes!), Beck, Weezer, STP, and others were a BIG deal to me (and so many other individuals) 25-30 years ago. It’s such a shame they don’t get the accolades they all deserve.
  • lostdogs77lostdogs77 Posts: 93
    Soundgarden not being in is a travesty. Very few rock bands are on their level. 
  • lostdogs77lostdogs77 Posts: 93
    An argument could also be made for Chris Cornell being in individually.
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,169
    An argument could also be made for Chris Cornell being in individually.
    Not a particularly strong one though.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • lolobugglolobugg BLUE RDGE MTNS Posts: 8,175
    rummy said:
    They’ve recognized some of “my” bands from the nineties (eg, Pearl Jam, Nirvana, Radiohead, and (I guess) Green Day) but far too many (alternative) rock bands from that decade are being overlooked - and, in a sense, forgotten. Soundgarden, Alice in Chains, Smashing Pumpkins, Oasis (yes!), Beck, Weezer, STP, and others were a BIG deal to me (and so many other individuals) 25-30 years ago. It’s such a shame they don’t get the accolades they all deserve.
    Agreed. They should all already be in!

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=446

1995- New Orleans, LA  : New Orleans, LA

1996- Charleston, SC

1998- Atlanta, GA: Birmingham, AL: Greenville, SC: Knoxville, TN

2000- Atlanta, GA: New Orleans, LA: Memphis, TN: Nashville, TN

2003- Raleigh, NC: Charlotte, NC: Atlanta, GA

2004- Asheville, NC (hometown show)

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2009- Chicago, IL x 2 / Ed Vedder- Atlanta, GA x 2

2010- Bristow, VA

2011- Alpine Valley, WI (PJ20) x 2 / Ed Vedder- Chicago, IL

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2017- ED VED- Louisville, KY

2018- Chicago, IL x2, Boston, MA x2

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

• Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,867
    People being all "IT HAS BEEN ONE YEAR THAT THEY ARE ELIGBLE THEY SHOULD BE IN NOOOOOOW" about bands/artists are the weirdest people in the world. 

Like, there are a million bands and artists through history, let them have some dynamic in what is getting picked. Who cares of someone get's in now or in 10 years... What is really the problem here and what is it about the endless "buhuuu!"s
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
    WHY AREN'T ACE, PETER, GENE AND PAUL INDUCTED YET!
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,141
    They are 
    I miss igotid88
  • igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,141
    They are 
    I miss igotid88
    igotid88 said:
    They are 
    Not as they should

https://youtu.be/C-4z7e2Jzzg

• HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    edited May 2023
    The defending of the “hall” is baffling. 

I don't see anyone defending the hall. All I see is that the name isn't where the criticism is warranted, IMO. the inductee process is. 

the hall has been a joke for decades but not because of what they call themselves. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• 1ThoughtKnown1ThoughtKnown Posts: 6,155
    The biggest joke is what they call themselves.  The hockey hall of fame inducting a baseball player makes about as much sense as inducting Willie Nelson in the rock hall. 
    Baseball and hockey are sports, so the players could both be in a SPORTS hall of fame (there are several of these).
    If you are going to narrow the parameters of the hall by naming it a specific sub genre of a broader category, you should stay in your lane, less you open yourself up to ridicule. It’s preposterous, and it takes the shine off the award for those artist who are most deserving and precludes deserving artists from being inducted so rock n roll imposters can get the nod. 
  • qcreteqcrete Posts: 133
    When IRON  MAIDEN, a band has played to 250k to 500k in Rio and has sold millions of albums world wide gets shut out two years in a row - I stopped believing it is a true bench mark for the industry 
    qcrete said:
    When IRON  MAIDEN, a band has played to 250k to 500k in Rio and has sold millions of albums world wide gets shut out two years in a row - I stopped believing it is a true bench mark for the industry 
    Nickelback has also sold millions of albums. 

JUSTICE FOR NICKELBACK
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    nickelback got in the canadian music hall of fame. such a joke. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,314
    nickelback got in the canadian music hall of fame. such a joke. 

The horror. I'm so glad many local radio stations here don't play their garbage.