Options

#46 President Joe Biden

Comments

• Options
    gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,152
    he will win. i think he has done enough to warrant a 2nd term. plus, if the dems win the house and hold the senate he could get a lot done in the 2nd term.

i am seeing people crap on kamala though. why? i think she would be a good successor should something happen, to biden, god forbid.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,628
    static111 said:
    mace1229 said:
    mickeyrat said:
    static111 said:

https://www.reuters.com/world/us/biden-signs-bill-block-us-railroad-strike-2022-12-02WASHINGTON, Dec 2 (Reuters) - President Joe Biden signed legislation Friday to block a national U.S. railroad strike ...continues

much like air traffic controllers, cops, firefighters etc some positions are too vital to the nations interest.

but for sure, the law used to prevent the strike needs looked at hard. It benefits RR companies.

As I understand it , even 100 yrs ago or more the public didnt support workers in labor dispites. Why? Because WE get inconvenienced. But I do think this was the right move given what the world is still recovering from economically.

Did anyone bitch when Biden Admin got the longshoremen unions moving to clear the backlog of container ships?
    I never understood that. If someone is so vital we need laws to force them to go to work, maybe we should treat them well enough to make them want to go?
    That isn't how capitalism works.  Can't get returns to the shareholders if you waste precious profits on labor.
    Those were all gov't positions that he called out.  There are no shareholders. 

• Options
    static111static111 Posts: 4,889
    mrussel1 said:
    static111 said:
    mace1229 said:
    mickeyrat said:
    static111 said:

https://www.reuters.com/world/us/biden-signs-bill-block-us-railroad-strike-2022-12-02WASHINGTON, Dec 2 (Reuters) - President Joe Biden signed legislation Friday to block a national U.S. railroad strike ...continues

much like air traffic controllers, cops, firefighters etc some positions are too vital to the nations interest.

but for sure, the law used to prevent the strike needs looked at hard. It benefits RR companies.

As I understand it , even 100 yrs ago or more the public didnt support workers in labor dispites. Why? Because WE get inconvenienced. But I do think this was the right move given what the world is still recovering from economically.

Did anyone bitch when Biden Admin got the longshoremen unions moving to clear the backlog of container ships?
    I never understood that. If someone is so vital we need laws to force them to go to work, maybe we should treat them well enough to make them want to go?
    That isn't how capitalism works.  Can't get returns to the shareholders if you waste precious profits on labor.

I realize the positions mickey called out are public sector, but he was comparing that to the RR situation.  I was replying to mace's more general comments, which seemed to be referencing the RR workers among other essential employees trying to make collective demands for better work incentives and pay. Between "right to work" and the threat of a law stopping a strike, there is no reason for the public or private sector to address worker concerns unless things get to a critical juncture that may halt all progress.  And even then if it becomes against the law to advocate for yourself it is unlikely that anything will get done.
    Scio me nihil scire

There are no kings inside the gates of eden
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,628
    static111 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    static111 said:
    mace1229 said:
    mickeyrat said:
    static111 said:

I realize the positions mickey called out are public sector, but he was comparing that to the RR situation.  I was replying to mace's more general comments, which seemed to be referencing the RR workers among other essential employees trying to make collective demands for better work incentives and pay. Between "right to work" and the threat of a law stopping a strike, there is no reason for the public or private sector to address worker concerns unless things get to a critical juncture that may halt all progress.  And even then if it becomes against the law to advocate for yourself it is unlikely that anything will get done.
    I see, I agree.  It's tough.  RR is essential to our infrastructure but it is private, unlike the other examples as you note.  

So yes, in our capitalism system, the first obligation of the RR is to drive shareholder value, not transport food.  If transporting food is the raison d'etre for the RR, then it should be nationalized.  It's a complicated situation for sure.  
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    static111 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    static111 said:
    mace1229 said:
    mickeyrat said:
    static111 said:

I see, I agree.  It's tough.  RR is essential to our infrastructure but it is private, unlike the other examples as you note.  

So yes, in our capitalism system, the first obligation of the RR is to drive shareholder value, not transport food.  If transporting food is the raison d'etre for the RR, then it should be nationalized.  It's a complicated situation for sure.  
    Tough for sure. Imagine a system that prioritized providing the best service as it's first obligation.  It almost seems like that could solve many problems.  Investors would get their cut and goods and services would potentially have higher levels of quality.  
    Scio me nihil scire

• Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,687
    he will win. i think he has done enough to warrant a 2nd term. plus, if the dems win the house and hold the senate he could get a lot done in the 2nd term.

i am seeing people crap on kamala though. why? i think she would be a good successor should something happen, to biden, god forbid.

I think all of the above is our best hope and would love to see these hopes realized. 
    As for Kamala, I like her just fine but I am concerned that America may not be ready to elect a woman of color as president.  On the other hand, I was blown away and delighted when Obama made president.... twice!... so maybe!
    My other concern is that if Biden wins a second term and dems take both house and senate, the radical right will go (literally) ballistic. Strange times ahead?
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    brianlux said:

I think all of the above is our best hope and would love to see these hopes realized. 
    As for Kamala, I like her just fine but I am concerned that America may not be ready to elect a woman of color as president.  On the other hand, I was blown away and delighted when Obama made president.... twice!... so maybe!
    My other concern is that if Biden wins a second term and dems take both house and senate, the radical right will go (literally) ballistic. Strange times ahead?
    let them go ballistic and act like the children that they are. when you can't win on ideas and your only policy is grievance and revenge, you can't win more voters like that.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

• Options

Bahahah! But I guess these are your standards. Very very low. But yours.

4 more years, sounds like a prison term
  • Options

don't cry too hard when it happens.

• Options

and my standards?? who is still supporting a one term, twice impeached, two time popular vote loser that lost control of both houses of congress, that is already indicted in one case, and will likely be indicted in a few more?

get outta here, lol.

• Options

big strong man afraid to have a debate. see, he has no ideas to run on.

• Options

want some more maga truth? here ya go.

• Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,820

where's Tucker?
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,286

The only one between Biden & Trumpolinni who has court dates is who? 
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    benjsbenjs Toronto, ON Posts: 8,937

I can't recall a Prime Minister's reign in Canada ever feeling like my country somehow transitioned into a prison, or myself a prisoner. What of Biden's governance made it feel like prison to you, or like you're a prisoner? You can leave any time you want (one of the notable differences between your life and prison). 
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,261

Tune in to Tucker Carlson Tonight at 8 on Fox News for more on this issue. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,703
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options

• Options
    That mug has my full support. Love it
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Scio me nihil scire

• Options
    Halifax2TheMaxHalifax2TheMax Posts: 36,582
    edited April 2023
    static111 said:
    They need beer coozies on the Bud Light cans. In a rainbow of colours.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    Please tell me his eyes start glowing when the hot coffee goes in
    Scio me nihil scire

• Options

Scio me nihil scire

• Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,703
    betcha we see lets go brandon shit from them.. 
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    mickeyrat said:
    Yeah that would be great. Own that shit. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,687
    mickeyrat said:
    Yeah that would be great. Own that shit. 

Interesting notion, turning that Brandon shit around.  Excellent strategy!
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,820
    well, it worked for Trump's "deplorables" that Hillary called them. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    tbergstbergs Posts: 9,231
    The best thing about both those products is that they aren't Made in China like everything Trump ever sells, but yet Trump loves America and Biden is in bed with China :get_outta_here:
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • Options
    I Just saw the Shit for Brains President is running again.  Don’t the Dummycrats have anyone else to run out there?  At this point someone should be charged w/ elderly abuse….I am actually starting to feel sorry for slow Joe….
  • Options
    Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,475
    I Just saw the Shit for Brains President is running again.  Don’t the Dummycrats have anyone else to run out there?  At this point someone should be charged w/ elderly abuse….I am actually starting to feel sorry for slow Joe….
    Posted at 3:17 AM HST

:D