Options

The Official 2023 Tour Rumor Thread

Comments

• Options
    The highs and lows of teasing a fan base.
  • Options
    KevinmanKevinman Atlanta, GA USA Posts: 1,905
    Kwieneke said:
    I’m being patient because I believe it’s coming soon but I am starting to wonder if something major happened or changed behind the scenes
    I don't think anything happened...........isn't this pretty much standard procedure?
    I am lost, I'm no guide, but I'm by your side

06.27.98  Alpine Valley
    10.08.00  Alpine Valley
    09.23.02  Chicago
    06.18.03  Chicago | 06.21.03  Alpine Valley
    10.03.04  Grand Rapids
    10.05.05  Chicago
    05.16.06  Chicago | 05.17.06  Chicago | 06.29.06  Milwaukee
    08.02.07  Chicago | 08.05.07  Chicago
    08.23.09  Chicago | 08.24.09  Chicago
    05.07.10  Noblesville | 05.09.10  Cleveland
    09.03.11  Alpine Valley | 09.04.11  Alpine Valley
    07.19.13  Chicago
    10.17.14  Moline
    08.20.16  Chicago
    08.18.18  Chicago
    09.18.22  St. Louis
    09.05.23 Chicago
  • Options
    Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,664
    edited April 2023
    JimmyV said:
    #TeamDisappointed 
    Trying to stay optimistic but as it looks eventually I'll be right there with you. 
    I'm just having fun... I'm enjoying this thread, and the prospect of a tour being announced, but after the last few years, it doesn't matter as much to me as it used to. 

I'll either see Pearl Jam this year, or I won't. 
  • Options
    KwienekeKwieneke Indiana Posts: 1,363
    edited April 2023
    Kevinman said:
    Kwieneke said:
    I’m being patient because I believe it’s coming soon but I am starting to wonder if something major happened or changed behind the scenes
    I don't think anything happened...........isn't this pretty much standard procedure?
    It could be. To build the hype the way they did on Monday just made it seem like we should have had it by now, especially with no additional teasers. But I could be wrong 
    Noblesville 5.7.2010. Lexington 4.26.2016. Nashville 9.16.2022. St Louis 9.18.2022.
    Chicago 1 9.5.2023. Chicago 2 9.7.2023. 
    *Noblesville 9.10.2023* (Gutted) 
  • Options
    Doug87Doug87 Posts: 442
    edited April 2023
    Kwieneke said:
    I don’t think you put out that video unless you’re sure you’re going. 

Maybe hit a snag but derailment? No

could also want to announce Ohana at same time.
    Post edited by Doug87 on
  • Options
    CantKeepmedownCantKeepmedown Portland, Maine Posts: 2,949
    Yeah, expectations are extremely tempered. But the fact is, we are getting shows this year which is a good thing. None that I will be going to (I assume). But new shows means new bootlegs and new youtube videos and maybe even new songs. That's a good thing. If they make it northeast of Hartford then that's just icing on the cake. 
  • Options
    Doug87Doug87 Posts: 442
    From the other thread on MMR

That breaking news dooo do do thing is a clip of Pierre that they play of him saying "breaking news" that the Preston and Steve show uses as a drop every now and then 

makes total sense and throws cold water on the Black thought.

someone also mentioned Third Eye Blind for Semi Charmed Kind of Life  =)
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,404
    edited April 2023
    JimmyV said:
    #TeamDisappointed 
    Trying to stay optimistic but as it looks eventually I'll be right there with you. 
    I'm just having fun... I'm enjoying this thread, and the prospect of a tour being announced, but after the last few years, it doesn't matter as much to me as it used to. 

I'm kind of in the same boat. I was so happy to see them in OKC last year because it was drivable. That's what I'm looking for here as well. Most of the shows I've seen were in 98, 2000 or 2003. I didn't see them again until 2009 - I tend to take long breaks from seeing them because life happens. In the meantime, we've seen a ton of other bands that come to where we live. PJ is still easily one of my top 3 all time bands, but the days of me flying or driving all over the country to see them are behind me.

Would love to see them again, but if it's not doable...maybe next year.

I also agree that the "big things coming" could be an album before the end of the year.

All of that being said, the fact that these guys are still writing, recording and touring is amazing. We're a very lucky bunch.
    Post edited by mfc2006 on
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    BeerBaronBeerBaron Toronto-ish Posts: 4,091
    Doug87 said:
    Maybe hit a snag but derailment? No

I think a lot of us would be shocked to find out the number of last minute itinerary changes that the band has done over the years. 

We know that they have a history of putting holds on multiple venues before they finalize touring plans and sometimes I am sure they have to pivot at the last minute because of something unforeseen that causes dates and/or cities to change. 

A great example of this was 2016, where they had all but finalized a tour that included stops in Nashville and Atlanta.  At the last minute Bonnarroo came calling (Likely with a huge financial offer that they couldn't refuse) which resulted in the cancellation of Nashville and Atlanta and some other dates being shifted.  
    1996: Toronto 1998: Barrie 2000: Saratoga Springs 2003: Buffalo, Toronto 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto 2006: Toronto x2, Cleveland, Detroit, Pittsburgh, Cincinnati, Gorge #1 2007: London, Dusseldorf, Vic, Lolla 2008: WPB, Tampa, DC, MSG x2, Hartford, Boston x2, Beacon 2009: Toronto, Chicago x2, Seattle x2, LA #3&4, San Diego, Philly x4 2010: Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford 2011: Montreal, Toronto x2, Hamilton 2012: Missoula 2013: London, Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Buffalo, Hartford, Dallas, OKC
  • Options
    I am looking forward to more information (from 10C)
    -All that's sacred comes from youth.
  • Options
    CM189191CM189191 Minneapolis via Chicago Posts: 6,802
    Doug87 said:
    Kearn5y said:
    Is 2 viking stadium or us bank stadium
    Hard to say for sure but definitely looks possible maybe even probable to me

Fuck US Bank Stadium 
    WI 6/27/98 WI 10/8/00 MO 10/11/00 IL 4/23/03 MN 6/26/06 MN 6/27/06 WI 6/30/06 IL 8/5/07 IL 8/21/08 (EV) IL 8/22/08 (EV) IL 8/23/09 IL 8/24/09 IN 5/7/10 IL 6/28/11 (EV) IL 6/29/11 (EV) WI 9/3/11 WI 9/4/11 IL 7/19/13 NE 10/09/14 IL 10/17/14 MN 10/19/14 FL 4/11/16 IL 8/20/16 IL 8/22/16 IL 08/18/18 IL 08/20/18 IT 07/05/2020 AT 07/07/2020
  • Options
    IamTom said:

Isn’t there one too many doo’s for Black 🤔
    I don't know who to contact for an official Doot count for Black. 😄
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,999
    I thought Black but the Third Eye Blind stuff idea fits, too. Maybe better even. 

If not the MMR show then MIA. Gotta be. 

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    LaFleurLaFleur Posts: 806
    PJNB said:
    I think people need to pump the brakes on expectations this tour. If the rumours are accurate and no shows are added there are going to be a lot of disappointed people here. 

Yeah - "Big News" i think has high hopes in many.  Maybe indeed ends up being Big and we'll all be very pleasantly surprised.  But at moment this all seems odd. 
    Barrie - '98
    Toronto - '96, '00, '03, '05, '06, '16, '20, '22
    Ottawa - '16, '20, '22
    Hamilton - '20, '22
  • Options
    raindog80raindog80 Reggio Emilia, Italy Posts: 1,142
    10 dates tour for the 32th anniversary of Ten + 25 years of Yield. So, the band will play Ten & No Code font-to-back on every show. 

Just a joke :D 
    "I like beautiful melodies telling me terrible things" - Tom Waits
    pearljamonline.it
  • Options
    Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,664
    mfc2006 said:
    JimmyV said:
    #TeamDisappointed 

I'm kind of in the same boat. I was so happy to see them in OKC last year because it was drivable. That's what I'm looking for here as well. Most of the shows I've seen were in 98, 2000 or 2003. I didn't see them again until 2009 - I tend to take long breaks from seeing them because life happens. In the meantime, we've seen a ton of other bands that come to where we live. PJ is still easily one of my top 3 all time bands, but the days of me flying or driving all over the country to see them are behind me.

I also agree that the "big things coming" could be an album before the end of the year.

All of that being said, the fact that these guys are still writing, recording and touring is amazing. We're a very lucky bunch.
    Agreed. 
  • Options
    Bunting10Bunting10 Massachusetts, USA Posts: 651
    raindog80 said:
    10 dates tour for the 32th anniversary of Ten + 25 years of Yield. So, the band will play Ten & No Code font-to-back on every show. 

Just a joke :D 
    If they don’t I’ll be disappointed lol
  • Options
    The real “April fools”? You all making me play semi charmed kind of life in order to count doos.  

Nice one guys and gals… real nice!
  • Options
    mattcozmattcoz Chicago Posts: 2,181
    mfc2006 said:

That would be "big thing", singular. They said "big things", plural. Could be an album and a tour. Could also be new socks, big ones.

• Options
    nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,937
    Kwieneke said:
    Kevinman said:
    KN219077 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    PJNB said:
    I think people need to pump the brakes on expectations this tour. If the rumours are accurate and no shows are added there are going to be a lot of disappointed people here. 

5 cities? Can you even call
    that a tour? I think the disappointment would finally be justified if this happens. 
    I think at this point any thing is considered a tour for them. They play possibly the least amount of shows of any active band that is that big of a draw. Not complaining, but maybe even 5 shows a year would be great rather than skipping whole years
    On that note..........haven't the Red Hot Chili Peppers been on tour for over a year now?
    A massive tour. Scheduled at least through July as of now
    That’s how most bands tour though. Not this band 
  • Options
    hihobibohihobibo Tampa, FL Posts: 1,068
    mattcoz said:
    mfc2006 said:

That would be "big thing", singular. They said "big things", plural. Could be an album and a tour. Could also be new socks, big ones.

"Big things" was in the non-10 Club email. So for the more casual fan, big things could be  anything, from albums to tour dates.

• Options
    hihobibo said:
    mattcoz said:
    mfc2006 said:

"Big things" was in the non-10 Club email. So for the more casual fan, big things could be  anything, from albums to tour dates.

And Santos post that really lit the fire was made on Facebook, not here, targeting potential new and rejoining 10c members. 

• Options
    JimmyV said:
    hihobibo said:
    mattcoz said:
    mfc2006 said:

And Santos post that really lit the fire was made on Facebook, not here, targeting potential new and rejoining 10c members. 
    Does being a 10c member matter when it comes to a new album?  I think the ad for new memberships has to be tour related no? Big things could mean tour and album I guess.  The album being the icing on the cake.  
  • Options
    KwienekeKwieneke Indiana Posts: 1,363
    edited April 2023
    Maybe we’ll finally get our lost dogs reissue. It’ll be 20 years in November 
    Noblesville 5.7.2010. Lexington 4.26.2016. Nashville 9.16.2022. St Louis 9.18.2022.
    Chicago 1 9.5.2023. Chicago 2 9.7.2023. 
    *Noblesville 9.10.2023* (Gutted) 
  • Options
    Bunting10 said:
    JimmyV said:
    hihobibo said:
    mattcoz said:
    mfc2006 said:

Does being a 10c member matter when it comes to a new album?  I think the ad for new memberships has to be tour related no? Big things could mean tour and album I guess.  The album being the icing on the cake.  
    They had to know a tour is how it would be interpreted, yes. 

• Options
    kmcmanuskmcmanus Posts: 679
    edited April 2023
    hihobibo said:
    mattcoz said:
    mfc2006 said:

Counterpoint: to the general public a handful of shows is even less “big” than it is to us. At least most of us will listen to the bootlegs. 
    Big to my Uncle Billy would be a widespread tour and radio play and tv appearances.
    Can’t imagine the current rumors move the “casual” needle even a li’l bit.
    And yes, perhaps the album will drop this year (or be announced late in the year at least), but if it’s not imminent (and no one seems to think it is) then that non-member email will be long forgotten, long deleted junk mail to most casual fans.
  • Options
    Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,490
    mfc2006 said:
    JimmyV said:
    #TeamDisappointed 

There isn't any motivation to do so either when they play setlists like they did last tour. They may have finally hit the age barrier but dialling in the same songs wasn't something I'd expect them to ever do.
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 13,060
    Super cheap for me to use points right now to fly to Minneapolis,Chicago, or Indianapolis. Sure would be nice to book something. 
  • Options
    pjl44pjl44 Posts: 8,450
    I think there's a lot of searching for deep meaning where there probably isn't any. Seems like there's gonna be some sort of tour announcement soon and anything beyond that is a toss up.
  • Options
    iOnlyownMymindiOnlyownMymind Posts: 2,607
    I mean any time they decide to play a show is kind of a big deal these days.