The Oasis Thread

Comments

• Weston1283Weston1283 Fredericksburg, VA Posts: 4,617
    Looking like there should be no problem at all getting cheap, good seats the day of show
    2010: Cleveland
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: London ONT / Wrigley Field / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / San Diego / Los Angeles I / Los Angeles II
    2014: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Detroit / Denver
    2015: New York City
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale / Miami / Jacksonville / Greenville / Hampton / Columbia / Lexington / Philly II / New York City II / Toronto II / Bonnaroo / Telluride / Fenway I / Wrigley I / Wrigley - II / TOTD - Philadelphia, San Francisco
    2017: Ohana Fest (EV)
    2018: Amsterdam I / Amsterdam II / Seattle I / Seattle II / Boston I / Boston II
    2021: Asbury Park / Ohana Encore 1 / Ohana Encore 2
    2022: Phoenix / LA I / LA II / Quebec City / Ottawa / New York City / Camden / Nashville / St. Louis / Denver
    2023: St. Paul II
    edited March 2023
    2013: London ONT / Wrigley Field / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / San Diego / Los Angeles I / Los Angeles II
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale / Miami / Jacksonville / Greenville / Hampton / Columbia / Lexington / Philly II / New York City II / Toronto II / Bonnaroo / Telluride / Fenway I / Wrigley I / Wrigley - II / TOTD - Philadelphia, San Francisco
    2018: Amsterdam I / Amsterdam II / Seattle I / Seattle II / Boston I / Boston II
    2022: Phoenix / LA I / LA II / Quebec City / Ottawa / New York City / Camden / Nashville / St. Louis / Denver
  • static111static111 Posts: 4,889
    edited March 2023
    Fuck me if that isn't a show I would break my $200 a ticket rule and even for the nosebleeds.  I would shit!  I'm sure getting tickets would be a nightmare and dynamic pricing would make Springsteen seats look cheap.
    Scio me nihil scire

There are no kings inside the gates of eden
  • GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 9,690
    static111 said:
    Fuck me if that isn't a show I would break my $200 a ticket rule and even for the nosebleeds.  I would shit!  I'm sure getting tickets would be a nightmare and dynamic pricing would make Springsteen seats look cheap.
    That would be a great show. I only saw them once, but it was amazing. 
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    wow. I can't believe noel is softening. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• darthvedderdarthvedder Posts: 2,465
    wow. I can't believe noel is softening. 

I think both brothers are well aware of how lucrative a reunion would be.
  • Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 6,864
    My guess is todays back and forth has to do with dividing the pie
  • eboweddieeboweddie Posts: 914
    Oasis were absolutely magic.  Blessed to see them twice in 1996. They were like an unstoppable train. Never seen anything like it. I listen to oasis every day. Absolutely love them.  They won't reform. Noel loves riling liam. Hypothetical scenario and they..it would either be the greatest comback of all time or a car crash.  

i wish i wish i wish i wish, i guess it never stops
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,867
    the AI version with Liam singing Dont look back in anger was kind if cool
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
    eboweddie said:
    Oasis were absolutely magic.  Blessed to see them twice in 1996. They were like an unstoppable train. Never seen anything like it. I listen to oasis every day. Absolutely love them.  They won't reform. Noel loves riling liam. Hypothetical scenario and they..it would either be the greatest comback of all time or a car crash.  

Oh they absolutely will. They like money and attention. 
    noel previously said he doesn't care about the money. I'm sure he's already turned down obscene amounts of it already for a reunion. I think there's something else at play here...or ebow is right and he's trolling. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

ofc he's trolling. He's giving a new spin to the answer to a question he has gotten a billion times.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
    noel previously said he doesn't care about the money. I'm sure he's already turned down obscene amounts of it already for a reunion. I think there's something else at play here...or ebow is right and he's trolling. 
    He was not getting divorced though when he would say that. 
    edited April 2023
    Is this the closest its ever felt to being possible?  Lots of chatter from both Liam and Noel lately....

Watched a couple of recent Liam shows on YouTube today and damn does he sound great... it's now or never
  • 2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,090
    Celebrating their entire works this week. Their last record has been one of my faves. Right up there with Morning Glory. 
    www.cluthelee.com
  • eboweddieeboweddie Posts: 914
    I've had Standing on the Shoulder of Giants on recently. Gas panic and who feels love. Brilliant 
    .Andy Bell Brilliant on bass 

i wish i wish i wish i wish, i guess it never stops
    eboweddie said:
    I've had Standing on the Shoulder of Giants on recently. Gas panic and who feels love. Brilliant 
    Where Did it All Go Wrong is one of my favorite Noel-sung tracks every.

Roll it Over is also a great track and the Liam @ Knebworth 22 version is top tier
  • lockedlocked Boston Posts: 3,996
    edited April 2023
    I think this will finally happen . Apparently Noel’s ex was in his ear 24/7 not to have a reunion the whole marriage because of some perceived slight.
    read this from multiple sources . 
    I think Noel has grown tired on being a 3rd tier act and misses the stadium days .
    You can look at almost the same dynamics when the Police did their reunion. Lots of hate between Sting and the other two but the reformation brought the spotlight back front and center .
    it’s not about the money, it’s about the legacy as one of the worlds greatest rock bands…
    of course I could be 100 % delusional as well!
    "This here's a REQUEST!"
    EV intro to Chloe Dancer / Crown of Thorns
    10/25/13 Hartford
    I got to see them once in 2008, and it was awesome. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

I think a lot of Oasis fans try to Yoko Noel’s ex, where the rumor of her holding a reunion back originated with Liam, who we know is an unreliable narrator. Not only that, it takes away Noel’s agency in this situation. 

I do think a reunion will happen, but it’s not because of Noel’s divorce.
    100%. I see Liam as the type to message Noel privately telling him he wishes his kids were eaten by wolves then posting on Twitter that he doesn't understand why the "little c*nt won't reunite the band". 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,258
    I’m in the minority here but I find these two brothers to be such pompous asses, just like Roger Waters or the two Black Crows brothers! Damn such arrogance 
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
    yeah, but the tunes…
    yeah, but the tunes…
    They are not the Beatles I can do without their music in my life! Sure they have great songs 
    edited April 2023
    eboweddie said:
    Coolest soubding album. Great songs. Lovely. The one I would like to have on vinyl to represent the band. 

(but I also like the later albums. Heathen Chemustry is great)
    Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on
    I’m in the minority here but I find these two brothers to be such pompous asses, just like Roger Waters or the two Black Crows brothers! Damn such arrogance 
    They have a special type of magic to them the Gallaghers. 
    locked said:
    I think this will finally happen . Apparently Noel’s ex was in his ear 24/7 not to have a reunion the whole marriage because of some perceived slight.
    Lol. What sources?
  • 2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,090
    locked said:
    Lol. What sources?
    Me mate guv! 
    www.cluthelee.com
    They have a special type of magic to them the Gallaghers. 
    I bet they do! Still pompous 
  • ZodZod Posts: 9,941
    I'd still go.  Never did get to see them.   I saw Noel Gallagher and the High Flying Birds come one before PJ at the Pemberton Festival.   The whole crowd had a good time singing a long to Oasis songs.   Made me wish I could see the real thing.