TM F2F Payouts??

Comments

• SHZA said:
    Open a Canadian bank account, register it with TM, get paid, withdraw the funds, close the account.  
    Would that work if you already had a bank account listed at the time you made the listing? I wasn't sure if you could switch banks for past sales that haven't been paid 
    I think so but don’t have a way to confirm.  
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023
  • SomethingCreativeSomethingCreative Kazoo, MI Posts: 3,346
    They said 7 days from the show date.  Not to sound crazy dramatic, but is there a case for a suit here?  Especially with this bs about US/CA currency.  It’s ridiculous.
    "Well, I think this band is incapable of sucking."
    -my dad after hearing Not for You for the first time on SNL .
  • AlaGAlaG Brookline, MA Posts: 863
    About to just give up on these CA tickets I've sold. What statements to their support are going to shortcut me to getting a check in the mail? I'm trying to claim y'all reached a point where it was the only way and they still want me to verify my account for direct deposit.
  • 1STmammal2wearPants1STmammal2wearPants Worcester, MA Posts: 2,825
    edited October 2022
    AlaG said:
    About to just give up on these CA tickets I've sold. What statements to their support are going to shortcut me to getting a check in the mail? I'm trying to claim y'all reached a point where it was the only way and they still want me to verify my account for direct deposit.
    Tell them you're at your wit's end and mention that you need to speak to someone that can get you a check - mention that the issue is that CAD funds can't be deposited into a US account. I went back and forth for a month - was awful, then got testy with them. Even then, I have to wait 12 weeks for a paper check to come to me.....in Canadian funds. They are a nightmare. I BETTER get the check, too. Sorry this happened for you too.

"We sincerely apologize for the delay of your payment for the tickets sold.
    After further review, we can see you have posted a Canadian event without having a CAD bank account.
    We were able to send out a check request.

"Please note this process takes 12 weeks.
    You posted for a Canadian Event, that was in Canadian Dollars, and the check you receive will be in Canadian Dollars.
    We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused."

2003 Mansfield III 
    2004 Boston I 
    2006 Boston I 
    2008 Bonnaroo, Hartford, Mansfield I 
    2010 Hartford 
    2013 Worcester I, Worcester II, Hartford 
    2016 Bonnaroo, Boston I, Boston II 
    2018 Boston I, Boston II 
    2021 Sea.Hear.Now
    2022 Camden
    2024 Boston I, Boston II
  • Weston1283Weston1283 Fredericksburg, VA Posts: 4,617
    Reached out again today - still no resolve.  Have 5 pending sales that they are withholding funds from now.

Will be last time I ever buy Canadian tickets before day of show as a US citizen 
    2010: Cleveland
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: London ONT / Wrigley Field / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / San Diego / Los Angeles I / Los Angeles II
    2014: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Detroit / Denver
    2015: New York City
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale / Miami / Jacksonville / Greenville / Hampton / Columbia / Lexington / Philly II / New York City II / Toronto II / Bonnaroo / Telluride / Fenway I / Wrigley I / Wrigley - II / TOTD - Philadelphia, San Francisco
    2017: Ohana Fest (EV)
    2018: Amsterdam I / Amsterdam II / Seattle I / Seattle II / Boston I / Boston II
    2021: Asbury Park / Ohana Encore 1 / Ohana Encore 2
    2022: Phoenix / LA I / LA II / Quebec City / Ottawa / New York City / Camden / Nashville / St. Louis / Denver
    2023: St. Paul II
  • ZodZod Posts: 9,945
    It feels so wierd that TM refuses to deposit foreign currencies in a bank account.  I can pay with Visa Debit on both my Canadian and US accounts, and if I do it in the opposite currency the bank converts it automatically to the currency of the account (and of course charges a solid premium on the FX rate for doing it).

Why does TM not want to do that?  Are they worried about the complaints people would give if the value refunded wasn't the same as the value bought because of FX differences (and FX fees)?
  • GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 9,694
    Reached out again today - still no resolve.  Have 5 pending sales that they are withholding funds from now.

Will be last time I ever buy Canadian tickets before day of show as a US citizen 
    I’m in the same boat. Let me know what you find out. Last I heard I am supposed to get a check that could take up to 12 weeks. Ridiculous. 
  • SomethingCreativeSomethingCreative Kazoo, MI Posts: 3,346
    Bump because this is still outrageous.
    "Well, I think this band is incapable of sucking."
    -my dad after hearing Not for You for the first time on SNL .
  • 100 Pacer100 Pacer Toronto, ON Posts: 8,449
    Just received an email requesting I complete a resale check request for the US tickets sold.
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
  • SHZASHZA St. Louis, MO USA Posts: 3,073
    Got the same email saying to either add a Canadian bank account or to request a check. It said there's a "Payment by Check" request form but I don't see it on the email or in my account. 
    SHZA said:
    Got the same email saying to either add a Canadian bank account or to request a check. It said there's a "Payment by Check" request form but I don't see it on the email or in my account. 
    Scroll down the email:

To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
  • sonofjeansonofjean Saco, ME Posts: 58
    Same here.  They reference a request form but it’s not there.
    You have to click on the link. Browser window opens up, enter your information and the listing ID where prompted and in the body of the message repeat your request and include your name, mailing address, and phone number again.

• There is no link in the email I received, just black text.  I also tried viewing the email through the website, still no link.

Would someone be kind enough to post the link here to the form?  Thanks.
    I got the form but mine doesn’t have a link to access the payment by check form. It is just regular text. It is not blue and you can’t click on it. Does anyone else have that issue?
    Same, no link. I emailed them about it 
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,604
    no link.  These people are trash.  They say once we request it, it will still take 3 months (somehow I doubt it will come that quick)
    I sent an email as well. Such incompetence. I can't stand dealing with them. It is always a nightmare. It is like they go out of their way to make it the most unpleasant experience ever.
    There is no link in the email I received, just black text.  I also tried viewing the email through the website, still no link.

Would someone be kind enough to post the link here to the form?  Thanks.
    Yes. Please. If someone who has the link can post it, that would be great.

they told me a month ago the payment was on the way.
    MayDay10 said:
    they told me a month ago the payment was on the way.
    :rofl:

Ohhh sorry. The link I received is from Ticketmaster USA and the link you’re looking for should be coming from Ticketmaster Canada.

• RobbertRobbert Rotterdam, the Netherlands Posts: 737
    I am from The Netherlands, and here our banks dont accept checks. 
    If i would choose to accept the check and ( lets say ) im going to Canada in 2 years. Is it still possible for me to ( how do you say it ) inn the check? 
    How long is the check valid for me?
    Robbert said:
    I am from The Netherlands, and here our banks dont accept checks. 
    If i would choose to accept the check and ( lets say ) im going to Canada in 2 years. Is it still possible for me to ( how do you say it ) inn the check? 
    How long is the check valid for me?
    Theoretically it could still be good but the bank may question it and sometimes companies put a time limit on the face of the check e.g., "void after 90 days" in which case you'd need a new check.  
    I just heard from TM. They said that they filled out the check request form for the five tickets I sold and if I don’t get a check by FEB 8th (yes, February 2023) I should contact them again. That is 5 months they will be holding my refund since I sold the tickets. They should not be allowed to do that. 
    So is there an actual link/form or is TM just going to steal my money?

Honestly, if I knew this would have happened, I would have just attended the show.  
    Its a never ending story 
    Has anyone gotten anywhere with this?