TM F2F Payouts??

15678911»

Comments

• GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 10,686
    Hell has frozen over. I just got a call from a real live person from Ticketmaster. He said that he was going to personally deal with the finance department and make sure my check gets sent out. He said it could be around 2 weeks since they are behind schedule. He gave me his personal work email address and said if I don't get anything in 3-4 weeks to reach out to him. He also said that he read all of my correspondence with the multiple customer service people over the past months and understood my frustration. All it takes is a 5 minute phone call instead of months of back and forth emails. TM is a big enough company to be able to provide phone support like they used to. Anyway, here is hoping for all of us still waiting to get our checks soon. 
  • JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,481
    I am not a big fan of Ticketmaster, but I am happy they have begun to pay sellers for resale tickets a week after the sale takes place for most shows.  For a while, they wouldn't pay you until after the show.

Update - My long TM saga is finally over. The guy I spoke with on the phone sent me an email saying that a bunch of checks that were sent out in early January went missing and mine was one of them. They were reissued and sent out last week. He said I should be getting it any day now. Sure enough it was in my mailbox today. Yay!! I wrote him back to let him know I got it. I was really thankful he took the time out to help me. He was really the only one that did over all these months.
  • CFO93CFO93 Posts: 166
    GlowGirl said:
    Update - My long TM saga is finally over. The guy I spoke with on the phone sent me an email saying that a bunch of checks that were sent out in early January went missing and mine was one of them. They were reissued and sent out last week. He said I should be getting it any day now. Sure enough it was in my mailbox today. Yay!! I wrote him back to let him know I got it. I was really thankful he took the time out to help me. He was really the only one that did over all these months.

Mine must have also been one of those missing checks; I just got in the mail a check for the one ticket to the Quebec show I sold on FTF, $155.10 CA which was the amount I originally paid. 
  • Father HubbardFather Hubbard Chicago Posts: 1,591
    The day after receiving a check dated 2/24 I received one dated 1/20 (same invoice date and number). I called to confirm that the earlier check date was voided.
  • curmudgeonesscurmudgeoness Posts: 3,971
    JOEJOEJOE said:
    I am not a big fan of Ticketmaster, but I am happy they have begun to pay sellers for resale tickets a week after the sale takes place for most shows.  For a while, they wouldn't pay you until after the show.

Yes -- we had to sell our Innings Festival wristbands, and Ticketmaster deposited the money in our checking account today. I was pleasantly surprised, as I was expecting it to take more like two months to happen.

All those who seek to destroy the liberties of a democratic nation ought to know that war is the surest and shortest means to accomplish it.
  • CJ260717CJ260717 Posts: 414
    Are all the checks (to the US) for the CA shows only paid in CA funds?  And how long is it taking US folks to get their funds?

I finally received my Quebec refund and I'm pretty certain it is for the exact amount that I paid.  The check has a Houston address but drawn on HBSC in Toronto.  I deposited it and my bank said there is a 7 day hold.  Now the bank says they don't know when the funds will be released.  They sent the check to the federal reserve by courier.  Now they claim the fed sends the check back to CA to determine the exchange rate and release the funds.  Anyone else dealing with the same process?
    CJ260717 said:
    Are all the checks (to the US) for the CA shows only paid in CA funds?  And how long is it taking US folks to get their funds?

I finally received my Quebec refund and I'm pretty certain it is for the exact amount that I paid.  The check has a Houston address but drawn on HBSC in Toronto.  I deposited it and my bank said there is a 7 day hold.  Now the bank says they don't know when the funds will be released.  They sent the check to the federal reserve by courier.  Now they claim the fed sends the check back to CA to determine the exchange rate and release the funds.  Anyone else dealing with the same process?
    This has been quite the ordeal for many of us. I finally got my check a few weeks ago. I took it to the bank and they told me the exchange rate for that day, and deposited it. I can't remember how much less money it was in USD. But I was just so glad to have it done with. My check also came from an address in Houston.

• SHZASHZA Posts: 3,891
    edited March 2023
    CJ260717 said:

My check didn't specify if it was in CAD or USD but it was drawn on a Canadian bank and the figure matched up with the CAD sale price. My funds were available immediately at Chase. The exchange rate they used cost me about 3% compared to the rate that came up on Google. 
    So my check cleared but on a $310 I was charged $88 because of the exchange rate.  Anyone else experience the same?  I paid $310 in US funds.
  • mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,257
    Thats pretty messed up. SO they charged in USD, but refunded in CAD and you had to eat the cost of the exchange?
  • PJNBPJNB Posts: 13,427
    mace1229 said:
    Thats pretty messed up. SO they charged in USD, but refunded in CAD and you had to eat the cost of the exchange?
    No they were charged in CAD and their credit card did the exchange to USD. They lost on that exchange rate and then lost again on the refund. Same thing happens to us when we buy US tickets. 
    I paid $310 CAD ($133 CAD + $22.10 fees x 2).  I checked and my card was charged $238 so I guess being charged $88 now makes sense.