America's Gun Violence #2

Comments

• Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,936
    https://www.wrtv.com/news/local-news/crime/what-we-know-about-the-armed-civilian-who-killed-greenwood-gunman?fbclid=IwAR23mHov8kp_FQNERFFrICI5-HyqH6CDPWkcrQtt_NiSJYk2rCbfx1Gfo0g

Greenwood, IN gunman was 20....kid that shot him was 22

crazy shit

There can't be enough credit given to Dicken. He could have ran but he didn't. It sounds like the gunman was prepared to take out a lot of people.

According to Greenwood Police Chief James Ison, Dicken was shopping at the mall with his girlfriend.

At 5:57 p.m., less than two minutes after the gunfire began, Dicken engaged with the gunman.

“I will say his actions were nothing short of heroic. He engaged the gunman from quite a distance with a handgun,” Ison said. "(He) was very tactically sound as he moved to close in on the suspect, he was also motioning for people to exit behind him. He has no police training and no military background.”

Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • tbergstbergs Posts: 9,195
    https://www.wrtv.com/news/local-news/crime/what-we-know-about-the-armed-civilian-who-killed-greenwood-gunman?fbclid=IwAR23mHov8kp_FQNERFFrICI5-HyqH6CDPWkcrQtt_NiSJYk2rCbfx1Gfo0g

crazy shit

There can't be enough credit given to Dicken. He could have ran but he didn't. It sounds like the gunman was prepared to take out a lot of people.

According to Greenwood Police Chief James Ison, Dicken was shopping at the mall with his girlfriend.

At 5:57 p.m., less than two minutes after the gunfire began, Dicken engaged with the gunman.

“I will say his actions were nothing short of heroic. He engaged the gunman from quite a distance with a handgun,” Ison said. "(He) was very tactically sound as he moved to close in on the suspect, he was also motioning for people to exit behind him. He has no police training and no military background.”

Clearly he'll be the cover boy for the NRA and anything gun related for a long time. Nothing will change now.
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • tbergstbergs Posts: 9,195
    nicknyr15 said:
    3 Days in NYC
    26 shot
    3 dead 

Zero protests. 
    Not sure what you're getting at. Is any of this new and does anything ever actually change? People are exhausted and deflated. 
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 38,850
    tbergs said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    3 Days in NYC
    26 shot
    3 dead 

Zero protests. 
    Not sure what you're getting at. Is any of this new and does anything ever actually change? People are exhausted and deflated. 
    Well yes, the incidents that are happening are new.  People don't seem to care one way or the other and go and target parties to shoot up the place.  These used to be rare occurrences and now they are every weekend in broad daylight, not at 2am.

Mayor Adams is trying I know but he has a big mess to clean up.  The insane were running the asylum here for a while...
    tbergs said:

crazy shit

Clearly he'll be the cover boy for the NRA and anything gun related for a long time. Nothing will change now.
    The reason you carry is for the "what if" moments like this.  I am in no way celebrating it but that is why you train and carry.
    edited July 2022
    tbergs said:

crazy shit

The reason you carry is for the "what if" moments like this.  I am in no way celebrating it but that is why you train and carry.
    I agree...but I hope we don't get too comfortable with this

What if the good guy had accidentally shot 1-2 people and killed them? What if the cops showed up right when the good guy was shooting at the bad guy and the cops took him down?

Do we really want the solution to be people taking the law into their own hands? Fuck no.

2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • static111static111 Posts: 4,889
    tbergs said:

crazy shit

What if the good guy had accidentally shot 1-2 people and killed them? What if the cops showed up right when the good guy was shooting at the bad guy and the cops took him down?

Do we really want the solution to be people taking the law into their own hands? Fuck no.
    If we live in a society where the only way to feel safe and secure is carrying in case an incident occurs, or choosing not to go out, I would say it is time to reinvent society.
    Scio me nihil scire

There are no kings inside the gates of eden
    tbergs said:

crazy shit

static111 said:
    tbergs said:

crazy shit

If we live in a society where the only way to feel safe and secure is carrying in case an incident occurs, or choosing not to go out, I would say it is time to reinvent society.
    You are both 100% correct.
  • TJ25487TJ25487 Posts: 1,447
    tbergs said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    3 Days in NYC
    26 shot
    3 dead 

Zero protests. 
    I think what he meant is that the media does not want to cover the day to day shootings in the inner cities, only the mass shootings that they can quickly sensationalize for political benefit. Nothing new. 
  • Halifax2TheMaxHalifax2TheMax Posts: 36,476
    edited July 2022
    TJ25487 said:
    tbergs said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    3 Days in NYC
    26 shot
    3 dead 

Zero protests. 
    I think what he meant is that the media does not want to cover the day to day shootings in the inner cities, only the mass shootings that they can quickly sensationalize for political benefit. Nothing new. 
    The media does cover the rash of shootings in large cities like Chicago and NYC though. I’ve heard about NYC and despite the “press” they’re still below the previous years YTD numbers. Up, but not equal or surpassing. Summer always sees a spike. I’m no where near either city but it’s been reported on where I live.

Maybe the OP can organize a take back the streets anti-gun violence March?

Problem really is that it’s every damn day in ‘Murica and everywhere, not just NYC, Chicago or Houston. We accept it as the price of freedumb.
    Post edited by Halifax2TheMax on
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,638
    I never mentioned the press. I never said it’s not being reported. I’m just wondering where all the outrage is. I’m wondering where all the protests are. I’m wondering if their instagram wouldn’t get enough likes from this type of gun violence. No one seems to care about this gun violence. The left, the right, BLM….. silence. Thoughts and prayers to these communities who seem to be completely abandoned by everyone. 
    nicknyr15 said:
    I never mentioned the press. I never said it’s not being reported. I’m just wondering where all the outrage is. I’m wondering where all the protests are. I’m wondering if their instagram wouldn’t get enough likes from this type of gun violence. No one seems to care about this gun violence. The left, the right, BLM….. silence. Thoughts and prayers to these communities who seem to be completely abandoned by everyone. 
    Yeah in NY I see little protests w no backing from bigger organizations.  
  • bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,489
    Good guy with a gun kills 8 year old thinking he was shooting at someone who assaulted him.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-11030517/Grieving-mom-blasts-Texas-grand-jury-DECLINING-indict-man-41-shot-killed-girl-9.html
    Good guy with a gun kills 8 year old thinking he was shooting at someone who assaulted him.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-11030517/Grieving-mom-blasts-Texas-grand-jury-DECLINING-indict-man-41-shot-killed-girl-9.html
    How he didn't get murder is beyond me.  He shot into a car, that he wasn't sure who was in it, no weapon drawn on him...  Wasn't defending himself or ground.

Dumb.
  • bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,489
    edited July 2022

How he didn't get murder is beyond me.  He shot into a car, that he wasn't sure who was in it, no weapon drawn on him...  Wasn't defending himself or ground.

Dumb.
    I am sure after being shot at your mind races a little and you make poor decisions.  The guy will have to live with killing an innocent person so he hasn’t won anything here.  I would think 5-10 years would be appropriate, or just make an already terrible situation even worse.
    Post edited by bootlegger10 on

Dumb.
    I am sure after being shot at your mind races a little and you make poor decisions.  The guy will have to live with killing an innocent person so he hasn’t won anything here.  I would think 5-10 years would be appropriate, or just make an already terrible situation even worse.
    He was shot at?  I thought he was robbed only?  I need to read the story again.
    nicknyr15 said:
    Of course we/they care but it's not comparable. Pretty sure people in "those communities" would tell you to mind your own business.

Easy access to weapons is still the culprit. It just doesn't get the attention because it's more one on one rather than one vs a crowd of innocents.

• nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,638
    nicknyr15 said:
    Of course we/they care but it's not comparable. Pretty sure people in "those communities" would tell you to mind your own business.

Easy access to weapons is still the culprit. It just doesn't get the attention because it's more one on one rather than one vs a crowd of innocents.
    I respectfully disagree with everything here. There’s no point going back and forth. Hopefully one day people won’t need to have a conversation classifying deaths by guns as one on one vs a crowd of innocents. Innocent bystanders killed by gunfire add up over time. I still think the outrage is more politically driven than actually caring about lives lost. Not you or anyone specific, just in general, and that’s sad. 
    nicknyr15 said:
    nicknyr15 said:

I respectfully disagree with everything here. There’s no point going back and forth. Hopefully one day people won’t need to have a conversation classifying deaths by guns as one on one vs a crowd of innocents. Innocent bystanders killed by gunfire add up over time. I still think the outrage is more politically driven than actually caring about lives lost. Not you or anyone specific, just in general, and that’s sad. 
    I agree that it is politically driven in that the GOP won't budge on their bullshit stance related to guns.

Only for the finest responsible gun owners  ‘Proud’ Gunmaker Figures Out How to Make Mass Shootings Worse (msn.com) Title is inflammatory but the weapon described is pretty insane.  Long range capability with more force than traditional AR platforms and able to shred known and future body armor.
    Scio me nihil scire

static111 said:
    Only for the finest responsible gun owners  ‘Proud’ Gunmaker Figures Out How to Make Mass Shootings Worse (msn.com) Title is inflammatory but the weapon described is pretty insane.  Long range capability with more force than traditional AR platforms and able to shred known and future body armor.
    Buy it while you can!! 

• Halifax2TheMaxHalifax2TheMax Posts: 36,476
    static111 said:
    The title is not inflammatory at all. It’s an opinion piece. Back the Blue? Sure. I dread what the gun violence will look like in 5 years in this, the greatest country on earth.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
    static111 said:
    I believe this is the weapon that Beaux @mickeyrat was talking about in one of his videos?
  • mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,409
    edited July 2022
    static111 said:
    I believe this is the weapon that Beaux @mickeyrat was talking about in one of his videos?

yes, latest going onto the field for military use. sad part is soldiers dont have it yet. civilian version near you......
    may be cost prohibitive. for now.

_____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
    mickeyrat said:
    static111 said:

yes, latest going onto the field for military use. sad part is soldiers dont have it yet. civilian version near you......
    may be cost prohibitive. for now.

Article states there is a cheaper non limited version coming to stores near you soon
    Scio me nihil scire

• BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,524
  • BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,524
  • mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,409
    on the uvalde report

_____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
    mickeyrat said:
    on the uvalde report

I don't know about this in that the cops think they don't give a shit because of a ruling.  I know a bunch of cops around the US that aren't built like that at all.  

This is going to rub come LEO the wrong way.

I do agree that the ruling because of its precedent, should be made into a law that a human life is the responsibility to save/protect.
This discussion has been closed.