Smashing Pumpkins

Comments

• mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,409

_____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    edited May 2022
    mickeyrat said:
    SHOW IS ON!!!!  Local record shop posted a couple pics of BC doing some shopping. The last time they were in town , he visited as well.||totally trying to draw attention to himself too. Wearing a matching Long sleeve ZERO shirt with stars down the arms and on the sides of the pants. Like a track suit combo....
    haha, that's awesome. nothing says "disaffected youth" quite like a 50 something rich guy in a $200 track suit. lol
    Post edited by HughFreakingDillon on
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

edited May 2022
    mickeyrat said:
    SHOW IS ON!!!!  Local record shop posted a couple pics of BC doing some shopping. The last time they were in town , he visited as well.||totally trying to draw attention to himself too. Wearing a matching Long sleeve ZERO shirt with stars down the arms and on the sides of the pants. Like a track suit combo....
    haha, that's awesome. nothing says "disaffected youth" quite like a 50 something rich guy in a $200 track suit. lol
    brought his son on stage for a couple songs. he had the same gear but in red

heres the pic I was talking about. Spoonful Records. Columbus, Ohio.

not his first visit there either.

Post edited by mickeyrat on
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Cropduster-80Cropduster-80 Posts: 2,034
     It kind of looks like some customer in a track suit showing up with that file box full of used records to sell. He’s just waiting on someone to value them 

With the facial hair I might have walked right past him, never noticing 

I like that track suit actually, but I’d be too embarrassed to wear it out of the house 
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,170
     It kind of looks like some customer in a track suit showing up with that file box full of used records to sell. He’s just waiting on someone to value them 

I like that track suit actually, but I’d be too embarrassed to wear it out of the house 
    They're out of extra small anyway.
    The Smashing Pumpkins - Custom ZERO Tracksuit Pants

https://store.smashingpumpkins.com/collections/new-items/products/custom-zero-tracksuit-jacket

This weekend we rock Portland
    Poncier said:

They're out of extra small anyway.
    The Smashing Pumpkins - Custom ZERO Tracksuit Pants

https://store.smashingpumpkins.com/collections/new-items/products/custom-zero-tracksuit-jacket

Ha.  I looked. 

Full suit in medium only and I’d look like the fat guy in a little coat from Tommy Boy 
  • 2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,090
    I have a feeling Chloe is the force behind those tracksuits. The merchandising thing has become a little annoying, much like it has for Pearl Jam. Thankfully the music trumps all. 
    www.cluthelee.com

that box is what he purchased... new and used.

mickeyrat said:

that box is what he purchased... new and used.
    That’s a lot of records. Impressive 

must be a decent record store then 
  • FR181798FR181798 Posts: 2,164
    June 18th Listening Party at Zuzus for Archive 3. Black copies of all archive releases being sold in store on the day.
  • Abe FromanAbe Froman Posts: 5,031
    Man have I been into the pumpkins lately. Masters of quiet/loud and controlled feedback. What are your favorite tracks?

Heres mine right now…
    Hummer
    XYU
    Quiet
    Siva
    Starla
    Bodies
    In case anyone missed it. Numbers were confirmed for the Archive series.

Japan: 2500 purple swirl
    Viper Room: 1000 gold, 1000 silver
    Rubano Tapes: 2000 ice blue

Black copies of Japan and Viper Room also pressed and will be online eventually and presume Rubano Tapes will be as well.

• DarthMaeglinDarthMaeglin Toronto Posts: 2,413
    FR181798 said:

Black copies of Japan and Viper Room also pressed and will be online eventually and presume Rubano Tapes will be as well.

Saw a post today that the first two are now available at Zuzu’s, for the Chicagoans, lol.
    "The world is full of idiots and I am but one of them."

10-30-1991 Toronto, Toronto 1 & 2 2016, Toronto 2022
    FR181798 said:

Saw a post today that the first two are now available at Zuzu’s, for the Chicagoans, lol.
    Yeah, black vinyl I believe. Hopefully they do black vinyl for all the ones going forward. That way if I miss out or don't feel like spending over $100, I can just pick up the regular edition. Wonder how much they are?
  • elvistheking44elvistheking44 Posts: 4,204

Visually it looks the best one yet.
  • ZodZod Posts: 9,941
    I wonder how many black ones got pressed?  Just enough to sell out of that store, or will they make it record stores?

It's been pretty expensive buying them.. the record cost and shipping are both pretty high.  I'd probably settle for regular vinyl if I knew it was going to be available in stores.
    I think the next one is gonna blow minds. I can feel it! 
    www.cluthelee.com
  • tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 38,850
    Man have I been into the pumpkins lately. Masters of quiet/loud and controlled feedback. What are your favorite tracks?

Heres mine right now…
    Hummer
    XYU
    Quiet
    Siva
    Starla
    Bodies
    Bodies is a great tune.

SilverFuck
    Bodies
    Stand inside your love
    Rocket
    Zero
  • tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 38,850
    FR181798 said:

2000 copies isn't much at all.
  • cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,632
    Top 5 pumpkins tunes?

-Hummer
    -Tonight Tonight
    -The Boy
    -I of the Mourning
    -Stand Inside Your Love.  

Machina is my favorite album by them.  
  • CarryTheZeroCarryTheZero Posts: 2,034
    Too 5? So many to choose from!

Starla
    Glynis
    Pinwheels
    Mayonaise
    Hummer 

Really, so many others to pick. Apathy’s Last Kiss, Obscured, Snail, Soma, Age of Innocence, Thru the Eyes of Ruby
    FR181798 said:

They are/were selling these in store but haven’t shipped the preorders yet? That’s kind of annoying 
    FR181798 said:

They are/were selling these in store but haven’t shipped the preorders yet? That’s kind of annoying 
    Yeah I know what you mean but I doubt there was many and when you've waited a year for Live in Japan these ones seem like they are shipping quick. I'm more concerned that there is another release on the horizon and regularly spending this kind of money on a record isn't sustainable for me. 
    I think the next one is gonna blow minds. I can feel it! 
    As good as that will be I'm hoping it doesn't come soon. My wallet can't take this.
    FR181798 said:
    FR181798 said:

Yeah I know what you mean but I doubt there was many and when you've waited a year for Live in Japan these ones seem like they are shipping quick. I'm more concerned that there is another release on the horizon and regularly spending this kind of money on a record isn't sustainable for me. 
    I’m good with one of these a year. I agree they are coming out fast. Japan which I missed was a year ago and I’m sure #4 is coming soon 
    edited June 2022
    Looks like the zuzu’s in store ones are sealed or so it appears on eBay 

someones going to be really mad when it’s black 
    Post edited by Cropduster-80 on
  • PJammer4lifePJammer4life Los Angeles Posts: 2,578
    Top 5
    Hummer
    Drown
    Mayonnaise 
    Pennies
    The Sacred and Profane
    Bridge Benefit 1994, San Francisco 1995, San Diego 1995 1 & 2, Missoula 1998, Los Angeles 2000, San Diego 2000, Eddie Vedder/Beck 2/26/2002, Santa Barbara 2003, Irvine 2003, San Diego 2003, Vancouver 2005, Gorge 2005, San Diego 2006, Los Angeles 2006 1 & 2, Santa Barbara 2006, Eddie Vedder 4/10/08, Eddie Vedder 4/12/08, Eddie Vedder 4/15/08, 7/12/2008, SF 8/28/09, LA 9/30/09, LA 10/1/09, LA 10/06/09, LA 10/07/09, San Diego 10/09/09, Eddie Vedder 7/6/2011, Eddie Vedder 7/8/2011, PJ20 9/3/2011, PJ20 9/4/2011, Vancouver 9/25/2011, San Diego 11/21/13, LA 11/24/13, Ohana 9/25/21, Ohana 9/26/21, Ohana 10/1/21, EV 2/17/22, LA Forum 5/6/22, LA Forum 5/7/22, EV 10/1/22, EV 9/30/23
    Top 5
    Hummer
    Drown
    Mayonnaise 
    Pennies
    The Sacred and Profane
    Great list! Pennies, man, that song is amazing. I remember my parents got me the Aeroplane box and would play that one a lot. 
    www.cluthelee.com
  • JT167846JT167846 Posts: 779
    Pissant
    The Everlasting Gaze
    Hummer
    Galapogos
    Bury Me
    Stars are suns to other people.

Wellington 1998
    London 2007
    Brisbane 2009
    Stockholm 2012