Options

Smashing Pumpkins

Comments

• Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,176
    chitty said:
    Sold my conflicting Foals tickets and will go see SP tomorrow in Van. Been 22 years, hard to believe. Hearing this tour has been good, hoping for the best tomorrow after the debacle it was seeing them in 2000

I'm pretty stoked for tomorrow.  I haven't seen them in 25 years and haven't seen Jane's Addiction in 19..  Where'd the time go!?

The last time I saw Pumpkins was Vancouver '97.  The show was pretty awesome, but it's such a distant memory now.
  • Options
    chittychitty Posts: 577
    Anyone know what set times have been for Jane's and SP on this tour?
  • Options
    Spokane times were:
    Poppy: 6:45-7:15
    Jane's: 7:35-8:35
    Pumpkins: 9:05
  • Options
    Much appreciated 
  • Options
    I quite enjoyed the Vancouver show last night.  I think Billy was struggling with a cold but I thought he sounded pretty good.  Band sounded awesome and it left me wanting more.
  • Options
    Agreed I loved the show. Disarm is a song you can play at my funeral so I was hoping for it, but regardless of it not being played that show was alot of fun. Also surprised, considering a month after tickets went on sale the arena had been maybe 20% sold, that it looked almost sold out last night.
  • Options
    HaijayHaijay Posts: 327
    I was there last night and it was boring as hell. I never would’ve gone but my wife got two tickets off a facebook group for 80 bucks total. I’m not a fan by any means, but they have maybe 7-10 songs i would say i like. Most of the lower bowl around us sat the whole show, odd for lower bowl. Hardly any clapping or cheering between songs. And then the loooooooooooong guitar play with no  tie to any song MORE than once, and the looooooooong drum solo. I hate drum solos. Around 10 o’clock we went on a bathroom run and as i was waiting for the wife people were streaming out of the exits. Never saw anything like it. We left after 1979, missed a couple, but really did not care at all. We had reservations for the Keg, had to go get our steak and lobster late dinner going. 
    Yep, just a bland, boring, concert. Even the hits came across flat to me. 4 out of 10 👎👎
  • Options
    Haijay said:
    I was there last night and it was boring as hell. I never would’ve gone but my wife got two tickets off a facebook group for 80 bucks total. I’m not a fan by any means, but they have maybe 7-10 songs i would say i like. Most of the lower bowl around us sat the whole show, odd for lower bowl. Hardly any clapping or cheering between songs. And then the loooooooooooong guitar play with no  tie to any song MORE than once, and the looooooooong drum solo. I hate drum solos. Around 10 o’clock we went on a bathroom run and as i was waiting for the wife people were streaming out of the exits. Never saw anything like it. We left after 1979, missed a couple, but really did not care at all. We had reservations for the Keg, had to go get our steak and lobster late dinner going. 
    Yep, just a bland, boring, concert. Even the hits came across flat to me. 4 out of 10 👎👎

I can respect this opinion and when i last saw them in 2000 I walked out feeling it was a 1 out of 10. That time they played maybe one well known song at a festival set. Last night they played a bunch more so for that reason alone I liked it.
  • Options
    chitty said:
    Haijay said:

I can respect this opinion and when i last saw them in 2000 I walked out feeling it was a 1 out of 10. That time they played maybe one well known song at a festival set. Last night they played a bunch more so for that reason alone I liked it.
    It’s too bad, cause i actually told my wife to grab the tickets and was looking forward to it, as we go to our share of shows. But, it just didn’t happen for me, boring to no end🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,143
    Haijay said:
    chitty said:
    Haijay said:

It’s too bad, cause i actually told my wife to grab the tickets and was looking forward to it, as we go to our share of shows. But, it just didn’t happen for me, boring to no end🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️
    How could you enjoy something you aren’t even a fan of? You like a few songs from their catalog, so of course you didn’t enjoy it. 
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    pjl44pjl44 Posts: 8,067
    Haijay said:
    chitty said:
    Haijay said:

How could you enjoy something you aren’t even a fan of? You like a few songs from their catalog, so of course you didn’t enjoy it. 
    There are plenty of bands where I feel the same way and it's the live show that swings me one way or the other
  • Options
    pjl44pjl44 Posts: 8,067
    Haijay said:
    I’m not a fan by any means, but they have maybe 7-10 songs i would say i like
    This is how I would've described Bleachers a year ago except fewer than 7. Seeing them live completely won me over.
  • Options
    I really enjoyed Vancouver but I was 6th row on the floor.  So everyone down there was standing and singing along and cheering the whole time.

I was actually impressed at how full the arena was.  I remember looking a few months ago and it looked like it was maybe 30 or 40% sold.  I saw some empty seats, but it looked 90% full which was pretty impressive.

Was it as good as the last time I saw them there in '97? no. Did have a pretty good hear some of my favourite songs?  Hells yes.

I thought Janes Addiction was pretty meh.. but I quite enjoyed SP.  I could of gone for a few more songs.
  • Options
    edited November 2022
    Haijay said:
    chitty said:
    Haijay said:

I said i like 7-10 songs for the most part, but i can handle some more of them. Looking at their setlists so far this  tour, i knew we were getting 6,7, or 8 hits out of about 20 songs, so i was into it. Just not a huge fan, but i’m a live music fan, and enjoy many concerts, whether i know the catalog well or not. But, as i stated, even the “hits” just didn’t come across good for me. I think the crowd plays a part, obviously, and they certainly did NOT bring it, at all. 
    Post edited by Haijay on
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,833
    thoughts on ATUM?
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    Next week, disc 1 gets a digital release. So far have just heard the tracks on the podcast, but haven’t gone back to listen. Infinitely better than Cyr.
  • Options
    Next week, disc 1 gets a digital release. So far have just heard the tracks on the podcast, but haven’t gone back to listen. Infinitely better than Cyr.
    It’s up on iTunes.
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,833
    listened to it twice on spotify this morning
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    I’ll listen again this afternoon. Not quite sure yet. I’m a big fan and have always given billy his props even at his worst days. He pushes the envelope and hits more than misses in my book. 
  • Options
    Abe FromanAbe Froman Posts: 5,064
    edited November 2022
    Haven’t listened yet. I’ll say this…Empires and Harmageddon were great live in STL. Harmageddon was really heavy and cool as the closing song. 

I hope they are as good on the album. Beguiled was much better live than the studio. 
  • Options
    It’s up on iTunes.
    Nice! You’re right! I’ll have to give it a proper listen. It is certainly more varied in style/sound than Cyr was. I’ve listened to that a couple times and have a hard time distinguishing the tracks between each other. Although Cyr the song was great live in Atlanta.
  • Options
    Of The AggieOf The Aggie The ATX Posts: 1,494
    Listened to disc 1 and it's pretty meh to me. Beguiled is a great song so maybe the other discs have potential. I really love Cyr. I think it rocks front to back. These new songs are pretty mid tempo and nothing stands out.
  • Options
    Haijay said:
    chitty said:
    Haijay said:

Just checked the set;ist for this show.  Hot damn. Last 5 songs should have left you wanting more.
  • Options
    FR181798FR181798 Posts: 2,166
    Ordered Rubano Tapes volume 2. I've got the first 3 archive series releases, felt a little compelled to buy this to keep up the series but honestly I don't know how far beyond this I can go which is what I said last time, it's just too expensive. 
  • Options
    FR181798 said:
    Ordered Rubano Tapes volume 2. I've got the first 3 archive series releases, felt a little compelled to buy this to keep up the series but honestly I don't know how far beyond this I can go which is what I said last time, it's just too expensive. 

They are using Furnace I believe. I recall some years ago my bandmate and I looked to use them for pressing our record. Crazy pricey. 
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    FR181798 said:

They are using Furnace I believe. I recall some years ago my bandmate and I looked to use them for pressing our record. Crazy pricey. 
    Yeah no doubt. I know this is Rubano Tapes volume 2 but left a bit disappointed that even the sleeve is the same image this time around.
  • Options
    FR181798 said:
    FR181798 said:

Yeah no doubt. I know this is Rubano Tapes volume 2 but left a bit disappointed that even the sleeve is the same image this time around.
    Same, though they have these in hand, so no 6 month wait! Now that these are finished, I am STOKED to see what they have coming up for the archive! 
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    edited November 2022
    FR181798 said:
    FR181798 said:

Same, though they have these in hand, so no 6 month wait! Now that these are finished, I am STOKED to see what they have coming up for the archive! 
    Yeah it was good that they are ready to ship and no year long wait. Its like all of these archive releases though I feel I have to buy them all just like PJ Vaults. 

PJ Vaults work out half the price of these Pumpkins releases for me.
    Post edited by FR181798 on
  • Options
    Buyers remorse, requested to cancel my order. 
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    Buyers remorse, requested to cancel my order. 
    Yeah I've had that a few times on things recently and cancelled. I'm getting a bit better and more picky about what vinyl I buy. My collection has too many live and demo recording type records in it. Was doing so well this year but was weak this time around. I had $50 international shipping on top as well on this and I can see that its total madness yet still bought it.