Comments

• HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    liberal-fascist hahaha
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,387
    liberal-fascist hahaha
    Cancel culture has claimed another victim, this time an entire country. 

Where does it end? 
  • static111static111 Posts: 4,889
    lol I guess you aren't so tolerant if you cant tolerate hatred, bigotry, racism militarism etc.  How ridiculous
    Scio me nihil scire

There are no kings inside the gates of eden
  • Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,588
    liberal-fascist hahaha

Where does it end? 
    Tim Allen tried to warn us. 
  • Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,387
    liberal-fascist hahaha

Where does it end? 

First they cancelled comedians who spontaneously masturbate in front of women and I didn't speak out... 

Then they cancelled gender specific potato dolls, and I didn't speak out... 

• hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    liberal-fascist hahaha

Where does it end? 

First they cancelled comedians who spontaneously masturbate in front of women and I didn't speak out... 

Then they cancelled gender specific potato dolls, and I didn't speak out... 

:lol:
  • BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,524
    Uh oh looks like some AP classes going to get cancelled..  

• gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,130
    looks like the biden thread got canceled. again. :lol:
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
    wasn't a surprise after those pictures showed up. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,141
    wasn't a surprise after those pictures showed up. 
    They were quite deplorable. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,594
    No, Poor Putty, the west doesn't want to cancel Russian culture.   It wants to cancel you.  Better yet, eradicate like a nasty pest.

Putin slams west for 'cancelling' Russian culture 'like JK Rowling'

The Russian president, Vladimir Putin, on Friday slammed the west for discriminating against Russian culture, comparing the treatment of Russian cultural figures with that of the “cancelled” Harry Potter author JK Rowling.

At a televised meeting with leading cultural figures, Putin said the west was “trying to cancel a whole thousand-year culture, our people”, citing the cancellation of events involving Russian artists in some western countries.

“They’re now engaging in the cancel culture, even removing Tchaikovsky, Shostakovich and Rachmaninov from posters; Russian writers and books are now cancelled,” Putin said.

A number of events involving Russian cultural figures who have expressed their backing for the war have been cancelled, most notably concerts by the award-winning Russian conductor Valery Gergiev, a friend and supporter of Putin, who was part of the meeting on Friday.

Some events involving dead Russian cultural figures have also been cancelled, with the Cardiff Philharmonic Orchestra removing the Russian composer Tchaikovsky from its programme, a move that was widely criticised by western cultural figures.

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

so now Ricky Gervais is being criticized for "transphobic comments" in his new Netflix special. I personally find him to be un-cancel-able, so we'll see what happens. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• Cropduster-80Cropduster-80 Posts: 2,034
    so now Ricky Gervais is being criticized for "transphobic comments" in his new Netflix special. I personally find him to be un-cancel-able, so we'll see what happens. 
    On the liberal side you’ve got to pick your battles.

you cannot be  for cancelling a comedian for saying transphobic things and also be against school libraries cancelling trans themed books.  You are either for cancelling  or against.  

we need to get back to putting cancel culture back on the people who invented it…. Conservatives 

you cannot be  for cancelling a comedian for saying transphobic things and also be against school libraries cancelling trans themed books.  You are either for cancelling  or against.  

we need to get back to putting cancel culture back on the people who invented it…. Conservatives 
    it's gotten out of hand. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• Another one canceled.

Dilbert’ dropped by The Post, other papers, after cartoonist’s racist rant

Newspapers across the United States have pulled Scott Adams’s long-running “Dilbert” comic strip after the cartoonist called Black Americans a “hate group” and said White people should “get the hell away from” them.

The Washington Post, the USA Today network of hundreds of newspapers, the Cleveland Plain Dealer, the San Antonio Express-News and other publications announced they would stop publishing “Dilbert” after Adams’s racist rant on YouTube Wednesday. Asked on Saturday how many newspapers still carried the strip — a workplace satire he created in 1989 — Adams told The Post: “By Monday, around zero.”

The once widely celebrated cartoonist, who has been entertaining extreme-right ideologies and conspiracy theories for several years, was upset Wednesday by a Rasmussen poll that found a thin majority of Black Americans agreed with the statement “It’s okay to be White.”

“If nearly half of all Blacks are not okay with White people … that’s a hate group,” Adams said on his live-streaming YouTube show. “I don’t want to have anything to do with them. And I would say, based on the current way things are going, the best advice I would give to White people is to get the hell away from Black people … because there is no fixing this.”

Adams, 65, also blamed Black people for not “focusing on education” during the show and said, “I’m also really sick of seeing video after video of Black Americans beating up non-Black citizens.”

Outrage followed.

By Thursday, The Post began hearing from readers calling for the strip’s cancellation. On Friday, the USA Today Network said that it “will no longer publish the Dilbert comic due to recent discriminatory comments by its creator.” The Gannett-owned chain oversees more than 300 newspapers, including the Arizona Republic, Cincinnati Enquirer, Detroit Free Press, Indianapolis Star, Austin American-Statesman and Milwaukee Journal Sentinel.

“In light of Scott Adams’s recent statements promoting segregation, The Washington Post has ceased publication of the Dilbert comic strip,” a spokesperson for the newspaper said Saturday, noting that it was too late to stop the strip from running in some upcoming print editions, including Sunday’s.

Chris Quinn, the vice president of content for Plain Dealer publisher Advance Ohio, wrote in a letter from the editor Friday that pulling “Dilbert” was “not a difficult decision.” “We are not a home for those who espouse racism,” Quinn wrote. “We certainly do not want to provide them with financial support.”

“MLive has zero tolerance for racism,” wrote John Hiner, the vice president of content for MLive Media Group, which oversees eight Michigan-based publications. “And we certainly will not spend our money supporting purveyors of it.” Referring to Adams’s “numerous disparaging remarks about Black Americans,” the Express-News wrote: “These statements are offensive to our core values.”

“Scott Adams is a disgrace,” Darrin Bell, creator of “Candorville” and the first Black artist to win the Pulitzer Prize for editorial cartooning, told The Post on Saturday. “His racism is not even unique among cartoonists.” Bell compared Adams’s views to the Jim Crow era and more recent examples of White supremacy, including “millions of angry people trying to redefine the word ‘racism’ itself.”

In fact, Adams did exactly that on his YouTube show Saturday. He offered a long, quasi-Socraticdefense of his comments, which he said were taken out of context, and seemed to define racism as essentially any political activity. “Any tax code change is racist,” he said at one point in the show. He denounced racism against “individuals” and racist laws, but said, “You should absolutely be racist whenever it’s to your advantage. Every one of you should be open to making a racist personal career decision.”

In the same show, Adams suggested that he had done irreparable harm to a once-sterling career.

“Most of my income will be gone by next week,” he told about 3,000 live-stream viewers. “My reputation for the rest of my life is destroyed. You can’t come back from this, am I right? There’s no way you can come back from this.”

Continues 

https://www.washingtonpost.com/media/2023/02/25/scott-adams-dilbert-canceled/

09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©

it's gotten out of hand. 
    I think often times that the blowback is amplified, because a lot journalists haven’t done well with how to incorporate social media into their profession. They let it drive content and stories way too often. 

• Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,937

This guy went full maga. Not surprised that he finally revealed himself.
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    Add one more right winger to the grifter victim circuit. 
  • mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,422
    been wondering if this isnt his way of retiring?
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • People like Scott Adams claim they're being silenced. But what they actually seem to object to is being understood.”

• brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,594

People like Scott Adams claim they're being silenced. But what they actually seem to object to is being understood.”

No kidding!  An what did he expect?  A gold medal?
    Oh well, not big loss.  Not that great a cartoon anyway.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• “If nearly half of all Blacks are not okay with White people … that’s a hate group,” Adams said. “I don’t want to have anything to do with them. And I would say, based on the current way things are going, the best advice I would give to White people is to get the hell away from Black people … because there is no fixing this.”

I'm having a difficult time in taking this out of context.  The first part is actually disturbing if true but then he comes off the rails.  Does he have a follow up to this or is he just going to hide from it?
    “If nearly half of all Blacks are not okay with White people … that’s a hate group,” Adams said. “I don’t want to have anything to do with them. And I would say, based on the current way things are going, the best advice I would give to White people is to get the hell away from Black people … because there is no fixing this.”

I'm having a difficult time in taking this out of context.  The first part is actually disturbing if true but then he comes off the rails.  Does he have a follow up to this or is he just going to hide from it?

fucked up poll and question "is it ok to be white". 23% or so said no. rough equal amount said they didnt know.

frankly I dont understand the question. maybe in context of the other poll questions it makes some kind of sense.

flip side of his position, half of black americans ARE ok with white people?
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,072
    mickeyrat said:
    “If nearly half of all Blacks are not okay with White people … that’s a hate group,” Adams said. “I don’t want to have anything to do with them. And I would say, based on the current way things are going, the best advice I would give to White people is to get the hell away from Black people … because there is no fixing this.”

fucked up poll and question "is it ok to be white". 23% or so said no. rough equal amount said they didnt know.

frankly I dont understand the question. maybe in context of the other poll questions it makes some kind of sense.

I'd like some more info on that poll...going to have to search.  Cause it is disturbing if true at face value.  Now, his reaction is disturbing as well of course!

hippiemom = goodness

He thinks he has been taken out of context...

2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    mickeyrat said:

I'd like some more info on that poll...going to have to search.  Cause it is disturbing if true at face value.  Now, his reaction is disturbing as well of course!

https://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/lifestyle/questions/january_2023/questions_okay_to_be_white_february_13_15_2023

• There’s a recent history behind the phrase “it’s ok to be white” which probably played into how that poll panned out. 

https://www.adl.org/resources/hate-symbol/its-okay-be-white

Of course black people can be racist. Why do they think that is so important to address?

Just more of them chipping away at whites being racist as some sort of justification. 

• cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,072
    Of course black people can be racist. Why do they think that is so important to address?

Just more of them chipping away at whites being racist as some sort of justification. 
    I was reading a book with a work group as part of E&I events last year and it was making the point and the distinction between discrimination and racism.  And to be racist you had to have power...and society was all about white power so, therefore, blacks could not be racist, but could be discriminatory.  

I found that book equal parts eye opening and frustrating.  And I found that part to be silly as it seemed they were defining a word to what they wanted.  So I don't think it's as cut and dry as you do.
    hippiemom = goodness