Comments

• HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    did I say that?
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• JB16057JB16057 Posts: 1,269
    did I say that?
    I honestly don't know what you were referring to so I assumed it was the previous post.
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,141
    JB16057 said:
    if it happens to trump: coronavirus/previous admin fault
    if it happens to biden: utter failure
    Was inflation out of control when Trump was in office?
    Ummm...it would be if he were still in office. lol
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,937
    JB16057 said:
    Ridiculous...as if Biden wouldn't end inflation tomorrow by snapping his fingers if that were possible.

The world is more difficult than OAN leads you to believe.
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    JB16057 said:
    Ridiculous...as if Biden wouldn't end inflation tomorrow by snapping his fingers if that were possible.

The world is more difficult than OAN leads you to believe.
    Catch phrases like "let's go brandon" seem to matter more to people these days than actual reasoning, unfortunately. 

Again, Idiocracy was way ahead of it's time. 

Brawndo's got what plants crave.

chinese-happy.jpg
  • RoleModelsinBlood31RoleModelsinBlood31 Austin TX Posts: 6,136
    JB16057 said:
    JB16057 said:
    i am so glad that my support of a candidate in one single election is not an integral part of my identity.

must be hard to be a trump supporter these days.
    That's the thing most of them cannot comprehend. They seem to assume people who voted for Biden are in a cult just like they are.
    If all Trump supporters are in a cult, why do they not follow his advice on taking the vaccine?
    Because the news outlets and radio programs they watch/listen either don’t report it, barely mention it and/or rail against it, regardless. Heck, POOTWH was booed when he mentioned it at a rally and never followed up and implored folks to get it. Kinda just shrugged his shoulders and tossed that talking point, riff, mention, whatever, to the wind.

You are wrong. Yes, he's mentioned it at multiple rallies and was booed. To say he never followed up is not true. He's still toting the vaccine and boosters. Right before Christmas Trump did an interview with Candace Owens and was pushing people to take the vaccine. He did say it was a choice but he told people they should get it because it could save your life. He did a ton of harm to his image by doing this but it was the right thing to do. Candace Owens and Alex Jones are both railing against him for saying this.

It is not "whatever" to the wind.

He has done the absolute bare minimum someone in his position should be doing to encourage people to get the vaccine. Same thing with masks and social distancing while he was still president. We now know they barely even followed their own cdc's guidelines in the White House. 

On the other hand, he has been working overtime since before the election even happened to sow doubts into his supporters minds that he did not lose the election. I don't think there is more proof needed that these people are in a cult than the fact that they choose to simply ignore the abundance of evidence to the contrary. The vast majority of Trump supporters believe Trump won the election simply because Trump has been repeating this lie to them literally single every chance he gets for over a year now. If you hear the man you worship repeat something over and over and over and over again.....you're going to eventually believe it is true despite what reality is. I saw one poll that said over 80% of Fox News viewers believe it. lol.

It is an enormous problem moving forward when almost half the electorate will simply not accept the results of free and fair elections anymore. I don't expect you to understand that right now, but maybe someday you will. 

https://apnews.com/article/voter-fraud-election-2020-joe-biden-donald-trump-7fcb6f134e528fee8237c7601db3328f

Here’s an interesting study on it

https://www.scribd.com/document/498454585/2020-Presidential-Election-Contrast-Report
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,602
    JB16057 said:
    JB16057 said:
    i am so glad that my support of a candidate in one single election is not an integral part of my identity.

That's the thing most of them cannot comprehend. They seem to assume people who voted for Biden are in a cult just like they are.
    If all Trump supporters are in a cult, why do they not follow his advice on taking the vaccine?
    Because the news outlets and radio programs they watch/listen either don’t report it, barely mention it and/or rail against it, regardless. Heck, POOTWH was booed when he mentioned it at a rally and never followed up and implored folks to get it. Kinda just shrugged his shoulders and tossed that talking point, riff, mention, whatever, to the wind.

You are wrong. Yes, he's mentioned it at multiple rallies and was booed. To say he never followed up is not true. He's still toting the vaccine and boosters. Right before Christmas Trump did an interview with Candace Owens and was pushing people to take the vaccine. He did say it was a choice but he told people they should get it because it could save your life. He did a ton of harm to his image by doing this but it was the right thing to do. Candace Owens and Alex Jones are both railing against him for saying this.

He has done the absolute bare minimum someone in his position should be doing to encourage people to get the vaccine. Same thing with masks and social distancing while he was still president. We now know they barely even followed their own cdc's guidelines in the White House. 

On the other hand, he has been working overtime since before the election even happened to sow doubts into his supporters minds that he did not lose the election. I don't think there is more proof needed that these people are in a cult than the fact that they choose to simply ignore the abundance of evidence to the contrary. The vast majority of Trump supporters believe Trump won the election simply because Trump has been repeating this lie to them literally single every chance he gets for over a year now. If you hear the man you worship repeat something over and over and over and over again.....you're going to eventually believe it is true despite what reality is. I saw one poll that said over 80% of Fox News viewers believe it. lol.

It is an enormous problem moving forward when almost half the electorate will simply not accept the results of free and fair elections anymore. I don't expect you to understand that right now, but maybe someday you will. 

https://apnews.com/article/voter-fraud-election-2020-joe-biden-donald-trump-7fcb6f134e528fee8237c7601db3328f

https://www.scribd.com/document/498454585/2020-Presidential-Election-Contrast-Report
    Did you post this to have an actual discussion on this analysis and the merits of it?  If not, I won't waste my time writing something back if you're not going to engage. 
  • mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,426
    mrussel1 said:
    JB16057 said:
    JB16057 said:

Did you post this to have an actual discussion on this analysis and the merits of it?  If not, I won't waste my time writing something back if you're not going to engage. 

of course he wont. hasnt been here for sometime  now and drops a doocument posted to scrib'd
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,524
    mrussel1 said:
    JB16057 said:
    JB16057 said:

He will not have an actual discussion. 

It's part of the troll playback which I believe you can find on scribd
  • mickeyrat said:
    mrussel1 said:
    JB16057 said:
    JB16057 said:

of course he wont. hasnt been here for sometime  now and drops a doocument posted to scrib'd
    Is it an indictment that blows the whole Obama/Hillary highly illegal and fake Russia, Russia, Russia collusion delusion witch hunt wide open?
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • tbergstbergs Posts: 9,195
    JB16057 said:
    JB16057 said:

I'd say the term "study" is a pretty loose description of it. Is this the kind of bullshit you Trumplicans are making a stand about election fraud on? They clearly avoided certain statistics that would punch holes in all their conspiracy theories, but most of those who read it won't even think about those things.
    It's a hopeless situation...
    tbergs said:
    JB16057 said:
    JB16057 said:

I'd say the term "study" is a pretty loose description of it. Is this the kind of bullshit you Trumplicans are making a stand about election fraud on? They clearly avoided certain statistics that would punch holes in all their conspiracy theories, but most of those who read it won't even think about those things.
    The most obvious flaw is that it ignores the question as to whether 2016 was the outlier.  They basically took only two data sets (2016 and 2020) and compared.  The assumptions that are flawed are:
    1. Assumes 2016 was the norm
    2. Assumes that election over election variation is the anomaly.  

This is without getting into those 9 potential causes that read like a laundry list from the causes of action from the law suits that were thrown out. 

If your June sales dropped compared to May, would you only look at those two months to understand it?  No.  You'd look at previous months for the trend, you'd look at last year's sales to determine if it's seasonality.  You'd also figure out if your products had changed, aged, etc.  This is just 9th grade critical thinking.  
  • benjsbenjs Toronto, ON Posts: 8,930
    edited January 2022
    JB16057 said:
    JB16057 said:

Thankfully, a paywall forced me to stop reading this after two pages.

The theory: the cumulative number of votes in California increased by 3.8 million, and this is 'cause for suspicion' because California's population only increased by 700,000 between the two elections.

The reality: this takes three minutes to debunk. Population growth isn't the only way to increase registered voters - which happened to increase from 16 million to 22 million within the four years. That's 6 million extra potential voters (well above the 3.8 million additional observed, and well below California's total population of 39 million).
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • benjs said:
    JB16057 said:
    JB16057 said:

Thankfully, a paywall forced me to stop reading this after two pages.

The theory: the cumulative number of votes in California increased by 3.8 million, and this is 'cause for suspicion' because California's population only increased by 700,000 between the two elections.

The reality: this takes three minutes to debunk. Population growth isn't the only way to increase registered voters - which happened to increase from 16 million to 22 million within the four years. That's 6 million extra potential voters (well above the 3.8 million additional observed, and well below California's total population of 39 million).
    You mean data like this?

https://elections.cdn.sos.ca.gov/ror/60day-recall-2021/historical-reg-stats.pdf
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Brilliantati©
    edited January 2022
    OF COURSE Mr. Rolesomemodels believes the election was stolen. LOL.

Didn't people give me a hard time for asking him and others who won the election a bunch of times last year? I wasn't trying to be an asshole, I was legitimately curious about their beliefs and how they arrived there. It was only a matter of time before this came out. 

There are millions and millions and millions of other people who Trump has successfully duped just like him.

So tell me again how it's not a cult? (thanks for proving my point)

Post edited by The Juggler on
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,426

By the numbers: Stats that tell story of Biden's first year
    By JOSH BOAK
    Today

WASHINGTON (AP) — By some counts, President Joe Biden can lay claim to a banner first year in office. But numbers also reveal plenty of setbacks.

continues....

_____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,596
    I'm sorry to see Biden's rating struggling.  OK, he isn't going to go down in history as our greatest president, but he SURELY will no be seen as our worst (we saw that not so long ago).
    But what concerns me  (and maybe it's because my wife has out-of-the-blue said this a number of times lately), what is going to happen in 2024?  Good question and an unsettling on.  Yes, it is ridiculously way to early to start making predictions and such... but with the radical right fiercely mobilizing, is it ever to early to be concerned about that?
    Shivers!
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

brianlux said:
    I'm sorry to see Biden's rating struggling.  OK, he isn't going to go down in history as our greatest president, but he SURELY will no be seen as our worst (we saw that not so long ago).
    But what concerns me  (and maybe it's because my wife has out-of-the-blue said this a number of times lately), what is going to happen in 2024?  Good question and an unsettling on.  Yes, it is ridiculously way to early to start making predictions and such... but with the radical right fiercely mobilizing, is it ever to early to be concerned about that?
    Shivers!
    Pete! 

Biden is having a terrible run of luck,  but he's also trying to take ownership of everything which is morally good and politically bad. 

For example the OSHA vaccine requirement was always going to be an uphill climb with the conservative court.  A more politically astute and perhaps cynical president wouldn't pick the fight. He did because he believes in it,  but now it's another loss. 
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,596
    mrussel1 said:
    brianlux said:
    Shivers!
    Pete! 

Biden is having a terrible run of luck,  but he's also trying to take ownership of everything which is morally good and politically bad. 

For example the OSHA vaccine requirement was always going to be an uphill climb with the conservative court.  A more politically astute and perhaps cynical president wouldn't pick the fight. He did because he believes in it,  but now it's another loss. 

Yeah, he had to fill some shoes that had been shamefully tarnished and then try to untangle of disgraceful four years of a bad mess.
    Pete, yes!  That's the ticket!
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,072
    edited January 2022
    I think most people knew Biden would not be a good president. He just was a way better option in the last election.
    hippiemom = goodness
  • BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,524
    I think most people knew Biden would not be a good president. He just was a way better option in the last election.
    This is true.
    More importantly the people who advise him and give him ideas are a whole lot more trustworthy than the white supremacist xenophobes who were advising gods orange gift.
    I think Biden is doing fine. Not much he can do with only a small margin in the Senate and Manchin/Sinema being the two idiots on the edge.

2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,130
    i'm sure biden would bribe manchin and sinema to be on board with his agenda if he could, but you cannot compete with that outside special interest money. for all we know trump may be paying them as well. or the RNC.. 
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
    i'm sure biden would bribe manchin and sinema to be on board with his agenda if he could, but you cannot compete with that outside special interest money. for all we know trump may be paying them as well. or the RNC.. 
    Maybe Manchin and Sinema don't believe in the agenda. Why is that so crazy to understand? Instead you attack them and accuse them of taking bribes. You do understand that not everyone is on board with the Biden agenda right? Being a Democrat doesn't mean you have to subscribe to everything your party believes.
  • JB16057 said:
    Maybe Manchin and Sinema don't believe in the agenda. Why is that so crazy to understand? Instead you attack them and accuse them of taking bribes. You do understand that not everyone is on board with the Biden agenda right? Being a Democrat doesn't mean you have to subscribe to everything your party believes.
    You don’t believe in voting rights for historically disenfranchised voters? Got it.

Brilliantati©
  • gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,130
    JB16057 said:
    You don’t believe in voting rights for historically disenfranchised voters? Got it.
    kinda what i was thinking...

it is not even worth engaging.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
    JB16057 said:
    Yes, I feel bad for all of those disenfranchised voters. We had more people voting in the 2020 election than ever before. That is proof we are already making progress.

JB16057 said:
    JB16057 said:
    Yes, I feel bad for all of those disenfranchised voters. We had more people voting in the 2020 election than ever before. That is proof we are already making progress.

that's the point...there was progress and then the GOP started trying to make it harder for people to vote

• JB16057 said:
    JB16057 said:

How’s MeMaw doing with her cell phone and water bottle?

Brilliantati©
  • cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,072
    Ah same old train. Someone disagrees and then someone attacks with an over simplification and then attacks personally.  Love this place. 
    hippiemom = goodness