Options

#46 President Joe Biden

Comments

• Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,831
    nicknyr15 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    Need to cut federal spending? Let’s start in WV. Let’s also slow walk SS deposits and make sure those tax refunds in WV zip codes take just a little longer to be deposited, maybe get “lost” for a few. Manchurian Joe is a team playa, yo!

Sen. Joe Manchin III (D-W.Va.) told Democratic leaders Thursday he would not support an economic package that contains new spending on climate change or new tax increases targeting wealthy individuals and corporations, marking a massive setback for party lawmakers who had hoped to advance a central element of their agenda before the midterm elections this fall.

The major shift in negotiations — confirmed by two people familiar with the matter who spoke on the condition of anonymity to describe the talks — threatened to upend the delicate process to adopt the party’s signature economic package seven months after Manchin scuttled the original, roughly $2 trillion Build Back Better Act, which President Biden had endorsed.

But Manchin told Democratic leaders he is open to provisions that aim to lower prescription drug costs for seniors, the two people said. And the West Virginia moderate expressed support with Senate Majority Leader Charles E. Schumer (D-N.Y.), the party’s chief negotiator, for extending subsidies that could help keep health insurance costs down for millions of Americans, one of the sources said.

Sounds very “Trumpy”. Are you becoming what you hate? 
    Sometimes hardball needs to be played. Funny though neither you nor Cincy mentioned it when it occurred by the other side (I merely posited the proposition). Seems you’re both okay with it when it’s repubs playing hardball, lol.

Are you already what you hate? Lol.
    I was going to mimic this exact thing to poke fun honestly. I knew you’d come back with the whole, “ I don’t recall you guys mentioning it when trump blah blah blah”. What does that have to do with you sounding like an absolute hypocrite?
    Lol
    Hypocrite. Doesn’t take much to expose you. Deflect deflect deflect 
    How have I been hypocritical on this point? I’ve been calling for Brandon and Chucky Baby to play hardball with Manchurian Joe and Krysten Sinenema since I declared both to be repubs in a dem party. We can see what “playing nice” has gotten dem leadership, absolutely fucking nothing. Time to make them switch parties so the blame can be accurately applied.

You know what is hypocritical though? Calling for Dems to play nice and expect it while not calling out the shit and piss of douche lords like POOTWH and Deathsantis, who actually do play hardball. But hey, it’s all good as long as you can own the libs and blame a dem, right?

Maybe, like LBJ, some folks need their trousers hemmed? The lack of political history knowledge and knowing what levers are available are sometimes astounding to me.

Lowzl
    because you call out republicans for how they operate but then claim it's justifiable when dems do the same, and give it cute little phrases like "playing hardball". 
    You seem confused. Are you okay? I’m concerned about you.

Repubs keep their party in-line and aligned with their goals. They seem to know that there are consequences for their votes or willingness to play ball. See Cheney, Liz. That’s politics.

Now, what Deathsantis has done to DW and the Devil Rays, or what Chris Christless Christy did as gubner, I’ve been critical of and is a whole other level of vindictiveness.

And in what we’re discussing, Dems haven’t done shit and I’m sorry you don’t appreciate the term “playing hardball” as it relates to politics. “Cute little phrases.” Lowzl!
    ugh. more childish BS. 

I thought I already explained this, but I'll say it again: when republicans "keep their party in line", you decry it is being partisan and not reaching across the aisle/working for the people who voted for them. When democrats do it, it's somehow justifiable because republicans did it first. 

that's but one example of the hypocrisy as I see it. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,261
    edited July 2022
    Getting back to 2024....what do you all think of Jason Kander? He has dealt with a ton of mental health issues the last few years, but that is someone I can see emerging to the cream of the crop for this party. I would vote for him. Not sure he has enough time to put it all together just yet though. 
    Post edited by The Juggler on
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Halifax2TheMaxHalifax2TheMax Posts: 36,595
    edited July 2022
    nicknyr15 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    Need to cut federal spending? Let’s start in WV. Let’s also slow walk SS deposits and make sure those tax refunds in WV zip codes take just a little longer to be deposited, maybe get “lost” for a few. Manchurian Joe is a team playa, yo!

Sen. Joe Manchin III (D-W.Va.) told Democratic leaders Thursday he would not support an economic package that contains new spending on climate change or new tax increases targeting wealthy individuals and corporations, marking a massive setback for party lawmakers who had hoped to advance a central element of their agenda before the midterm elections this fall.

The major shift in negotiations — confirmed by two people familiar with the matter who spoke on the condition of anonymity to describe the talks — threatened to upend the delicate process to adopt the party’s signature economic package seven months after Manchin scuttled the original, roughly $2 trillion Build Back Better Act, which President Biden had endorsed.

But Manchin told Democratic leaders he is open to provisions that aim to lower prescription drug costs for seniors, the two people said. And the West Virginia moderate expressed support with Senate Majority Leader Charles E. Schumer (D-N.Y.), the party’s chief negotiator, for extending subsidies that could help keep health insurance costs down for millions of Americans, one of the sources said.

Sometimes hardball needs to be played. Funny though neither you nor Cincy mentioned it when it occurred by the other side (I merely posited the proposition). Seems you’re both okay with it when it’s repubs playing hardball, lol.

I was going to mimic this exact thing to poke fun honestly. I knew you’d come back with the whole, “ I don’t recall you guys mentioning it when trump blah blah blah”. What does that have to do with you sounding like an absolute hypocrite?
    Lol
    How have I been hypocritical on this point? I’ve been calling for Brandon and Chucky Baby to play hardball with Manchurian Joe and Krysten Sinenema since I declared both to be repubs in a dem party. We can see what “playing nice” has gotten dem leadership, absolutely fucking nothing. Time to make them switch parties so the blame can be accurately applied.

You know what is hypocritical though? Calling for Dems to play nice and expect it while not calling out the shit and piss of douche lords like POOTWH and Deathsantis, who actually do play hardball. But hey, it’s all good as long as you can own the libs and blame a dem, right?

Maybe, like LBJ, some folks need their trousers hemmed? The lack of political history knowledge and knowing what levers are available are sometimes astounding to me.

Lowzl
    because you call out republicans for how they operate but then claim it's justifiable when dems do the same, and give it cute little phrases like "playing hardball". 

Repubs keep their party in-line and aligned with their goals. They seem to know that there are consequences for their votes or willingness to play ball. See Cheney, Liz. That’s politics.

Now, what Deathsantis has done to DW and the Devil Rays, or what Chris Christless Christy did as gubner, I’ve been critical of and is a whole other level of vindictiveness.

And in what we’re discussing, Dems haven’t done shit and I’m sorry you don’t appreciate the term “playing hardball” as it relates to politics. “Cute little phrases.” Lowzl!
    ugh. more childish BS. 

I thought I already explained this, but I'll say it again: when republicans "keep their party in line", you decry it is being partisan and not reaching across the aisle/working for the people who voted for them. When democrats do it, it's somehow justifiable because republicans did it first. 

Ugh. More lack of understanding. Democrats reach across the aisle. Repubs don't compromise AND keep their members in line. See the difference? And, to further point out your lack of understanding as it relates to Manchurian Joe, Chucky baby gave him everything he claimed he initially wanted and he still said no, despite the wishes of his constituents and the public at large. That's hypocrisy at its best and negotiating in poor faith, by a member of the "same" party. Intra-party versus inter-party.

Ever hear of "the power of the purse strings," or the "bully pulpit?" Or are those also just "cute little phrases" to you?
    Post edited by Halifax2TheMax on
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,751
    Getting back to 2024....what do you all think of Jason Kander? He has dealt with a ton of mental health issues the last few years, but that is someone I can see emerging to the cream of the crop for this party. I would vote for him. Not sure he has enough time to put it all together just yet though. 
     good talk on Marc Marons WTF with him...

_____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    mickeyrat said:

Yep. I listened to it the other day. I have followed him on twitter for a long time. Seems like the kind of candidate who should be able to appeal to all kinds of voters. 

Am I cynical for thinking his book coming out now is a way to test the waters for another run? Usually that is what these books are for but his situation is so different, obviously. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    mickeyrat said:

Yep. I listened to it the other day. I have followed him on twitter for a long time. Seems like the kind of candidate who should be able to appeal to all kinds of voters. 

Am I cynical for thinking his book coming out now is a way to test the waters for another run? Usually that is what these books are for but his situation is so different, obviously. 

I belive you are. As I recall he is running for mayor of his town?
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    mickeyrat said:
    mickeyrat said:

No he dropped out of a soft run for president in 2016 to run for mayor of Kansas City before he had that mental breakdown. Now he runs that program that provides housing for veterans. 

Well maybe you are right and I am cynical....but fuck it. I want him to run. lol
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    meanwhile brandon feelin a little froggy....

• Options
    mickeyrat said:
    mickeyrat said:

No he dropped out of a soft run for president in 2016 to run for mayor of Kansas City before he had that mental breakdown. Now he runs that program that provides housing for veterans. 

Well maybe you are right and I am cynical....but fuck it. I want him to run. lol

https://fortune.com/40-under-40/2020/jason-kander/

• Options
    static111static111 Posts: 4,889
    mickeyrat said:
    mickeyrat said:
    mickeyrat said:

Thanks for bringing a promising politician that doesn't seem like a psychopath to my radar guys.
    Scio me nihil scire

There are no kings inside the gates of eden
  • Options
    static111 said:
    mickeyrat said:
    mickeyrat said:
    mickeyrat said:

Thanks for bringing a promising politician that doesn't seem like a psychopath to my radar guys.
    Check out that Maron podcast interview when you have some time....
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    static111 said:
    mickeyrat said:
    mickeyrat said:
    mickeyrat said:

Check out that Maron podcast interview when you have some time....
    Will do. Thanks
    Scio me nihil scire

• Options
    nicknyr15 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    nicknyr15 said:

Lol

Lowzl

ugh. more childish BS. 

Ugh. More lack of understanding. Democrats reach across the aisle. Repubs don't compromise AND keep their members in line. See the difference? And, to further point out your lack of understanding as it relates to Manchurian Joe, Chucky baby gave him everything he claimed he initially wanted and he still said no, despite the wishes of his constituents and the public at large. That's hypocrisy at its best and negotiating in poor faith, by a member of the "same" party. Intra-party versus inter-party.

Ever hear of "the power of the purse strings," or the "bully pulpit?" Or are those also just "cute little phrases" to you?
    I understand perfectly well. Your point has nothing to do with what I said. 

but to your point....so you want the squad to be "kept in line", do you? you'd prefer they sacrfice their morals and ethics and policy promises to those that voted them in so they can wage a united front instead of being what they were hired to be?
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    nicknyr15 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    nicknyr15 said:

Lol

Lowzl

ugh. more childish BS. 

I understand perfectly well. Your point has nothing to do with what I said. 

but to your point....so you want the squad to be "kept in line", do you? you'd prefer they sacrfice their morals and ethics and policy promises to those that voted them in so they can wage a united front instead of being what they were hired to be?
    You called me hypocritical for supposedly decrying how the repubs keep their conference in line and yet cheer it when I want Dems to do the same. I don’t believe I’ve criticized the repubs for keeping their members in line, for the wrong reasons mind you but that’s kind of how it works, the sausage being made(another cute little phrase for you, seeing how you like them so much). The difference with the Dems is that we’re a big tent party with room for both ends of the dem spectrum, the repubs not so much. The squad has probably seen more of their agenda, think green new deal, embraced than less of it. Did I decry the repubs for stripping Maggie Three Names of her committee assignments? How about when Senator Franken was forced into retirement? Did I decry the Dems?

Manchurian Joe made demands at the outset of BBB, moved the goal posts several times, still got what he wanted but still said no. That deserves repercussions from leadership, some of which is to punish his constituents so maybe the schmuck will listen to them, as opposed to his own or corporate interests, because they were on board with the initiatives within BBB, many of which were “Green New Deal” components.

Nice switch to the Squad though when what started this discussion was Manchurian Joe and Sinenema and their bucking leadership. AOC is representing her constituents, Manchurian Joe is not. Plus, with a dem majority in the house, the Squad can buck leadership and legislation supported by leadership still passes. It’s called political cover (another cute little phrase). In the tie senate, repercussions need to be there for those that are holding up progress on BS grounds and ensuring a dem POTUS is a one termer and both houses go repub in the midterms.

Please link to my hypocrisy on this issue. I can’t wait for the LOLs to start posting.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,156
    kander can't win his own state of missouri unfortunately. i voted for him in '16 but he lost to roy blunt, who has been in office for seemingly 40 years.

missouri is a dump and is about to elect a guy to the senate that is our current DA. i played baseball with him in high school and knowing him on a personal level i would not vote for him if someone gave me a million dollars.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • Options
    kander can't win his own state of missouri unfortunately. i voted for him in '16 but he lost to roy blunt, who has been in office for seemingly 40 years.

missouri is a dump and is about to elect a guy to the senate that is our current DA. i played baseball with him in high school and knowing him on a personal level i would not vote for him if someone gave me a million dollars.
    Yeah....but Kander only lost by 3% in a state Hillary lost by almost 20%....
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Hi!Hi! Posts: 3,095

Detroit 2000, Detroit 2003 1-2, Grand Rapids VFC 2004, Philly 2005, Grand Rapids 2006, Detroit 2006, Cleveland 2006, Lollapalooza 2007, Detroit Eddie Solo 2011, Detroit 2014, Chicago 2016 1-2, Chicago 2018 1-2, Ohana Encore 2021 1-2, Chicago Eddie/Earthlings 2022 1-2, Nashville 2022, St. Louis 2022

• Options
    Hi! said:

I need to read this, but If it is some type of Austerity program I hope there is a significant cut to the bloated DOD and Intelligence budgets
    Scio me nihil scire

• Options
    Seems Manchurian Joe finally saw the light. The bigger question is will any repubs vote for it? And Senenema? Will she now decide she wants to be the sand in the gears? I’ll believe it halfway when it passes the house but not until it’s passed the senate. I don’t see one repub voting for it. Not one.

Brilliantati©
  • Options

Manchin, Schumer report abrupt deal on health, energy, taxes
    By ALAN FRAM
    1 hour ago

WASHINGTON (AP) — In a startling turnabout, Senate Majority Leader Chuck Schumer and Sen. Joe Manchin announced Wednesday they had reached an expansive agreement that had eluded them for months on health care, energy and climate issues, taxes on higher earners and corporations and federal debt reduction.

The two Democrats said the Senate would vote on the wide-ranging measure next week, setting up President Joe Biden and Democrats for an unexpected victory in the runup to November congressional elections in which their control of Congress is in peril. A House vote would come afterward, perhaps later in August. Unanimous Republican opposition in both chambers seems certain.

Just hours earlier, the expectation was that Schumer, D-N.Y., and Manchin, D-W.Va., were at loggerheads and headed toward far narrower package that Manchin was insisting be limited to curbing pharmaceutical prices and extending federal health care subsidies. Earlier Wednesday, numerous Democratic senators had said they were all but resigned to the more modest legislation.

The reversal was stunning, and there was no immediate explanation for Manchin's abrupt willingness to back a bolder, broader measure. Since last year, the West Virginian had used his pivotal vote in the 50-50 Senate to force Biden and Democrats to abandon far more ambitious and expensive versions of the package. He dragged them through months of negotiations in which leaders' concessions to shrink the legislation proved fruitless, antagonizing the White House and most congressional Democrats.

“This is the action the American people have been waiting for. This addresses the problems of today — high health care costs and overall inflation — as well as investments in our energy security for the future," Biden said in a statement. He added, “If enacted, this legislation will be historic, and I urge the Senate to move on this bill as soon as possible, and for the House to follow as well."

Tellingly, Democrats were calling the measure “The Inflation Reduction Act of 2022” because of its provisions aimed at helping Americans cope with this year's dramatically rising consumer costs. Polls show that inflation, embodied by gasoline prices that surpassed $5 per gallon before easing, has been voters’ chief concern. For months, Manchin’s opposition to proposed, larger packages has been premised in part on his worry that they would fuel inflation.

The measure also seemed to offer something for many Democratic constituencies.

It dangled tax hikes on the wealthy and big corporations and environmental initiatives for progressives. And Manchin, an advocate for the fossil fuels his state produces, said the bill would invest in technologies for carbon-based and clean energy while also reducing methane and carbon emissions.

Manchin said the new measure “would dedicate hundreds of billions of dollars to deficit reduction by adopting a tax policy that protects small businesses and working-class Americans while ensuring that large corporations and the ultra-wealthy pay their fair share in taxes.”

The overall proposal is far more modest that the $3.5 trillion package Biden asked Democrats to push through Congress last year, and the pared-down roughly $2 trillion version that the House approved last November after Manchin insisted on shrinking it. Even then, Manchin shot down that smaller measure in December, asserting it would fuel inflation and was loaded with budget gimmicks.

In a summary that provided scant detail, Democrats said Wednesday their proposal would raise $739 billion over the decade in new revenue. That included $313 billion from a 15% corporate minimum tax that a Manchin statement suggested would affect only “billion-dollar companies or larger."

The agreement also contains $288 billion the government would save from curbing pharmaceutical prices, $124 billion from beefing up IRS tax enforcement and $14 billion from taxing some “carried interest” profits earned by partners in entities like private equity or hedge funds.

The measure would spend $369 billion on energy and climate change initiatives and $64 billion to extend federal subsidies for three more years for some people buying private health insurance. Those subsidies, which lower people's premiums, would otherwise expire at the end of this year.

That would leave $306 billion for debt reduction, an effort Manchin has been demanding. While a substantial sum, that's a small fraction of the trillions in cumulative deficits the government is projected to amass over the coming decade.

Sen. Kyrsten Sinema, D-Ariz., who backed Manchin last year in insisting on making the legislation less expensive but objected to proposals to raise tax rates, was still reviewing the agreement, said spokeswoman Hannah Hurley. The spokeswoman referred a reporter to Sinema comments last year supporting a corporate minimum tax.

Sen. John Cornyn, R-Texas, said the Democratic agreement would be “devastating to American families and small businesses. Raising taxes on job creators, crushing energy producers with new regulations, and stifling innovators looking for new cures will only make this recession worse, not better.”

But if Democrats can hold their troops together, GOP opposition would not stop them.

The key is Democratic unity. They can prevail if they lose no more than four votes in the House and remain solidly united in the 50-50 Senate, where Vice President Kamala Harris can cast the tie-breaking vote.

“Rather than risking more inflation with trillions in new spending, this bill will cut the inflation taxes Americans are paying, lower the cost of health insurance and prescription drugs, and ensure our country invests in the energy security and climate change solutions we need to remain a global superpower through innovation rather than elimination,” Manchin said.

Schumer and Manchin said Democratic leaders' proposals this fall to revamp permitting procedures would help infrastructure like pipelines and export facilities “be efficiently and responsibly built to deliver energy safely around the country and to our allies.”

Collin O’Mara, president and CEO of the National Wildlife Federation, hailed Manchin’s announcement. “This agreement affirms that we can address the climate crisis, lower costs for consumers, lift up frontline and rural communities, and invest in made-in-America jobs and clean energy innovation," O'Mara said.

Sierra Club Legislative Director Melinda Pierce took a more cautious approach. “We are eager to see text of this legislation, and are grateful that Biden and Schumer have remained resolute in finding a path to pass once-in-a-generation investments in our communities, our economy, and our future,” she said.

Manchin just last week said he would only agree to far more limited legislation curbing prescription drug costs and extending federal subsidies for health care costs.

He said he was open to considering a broader compromise on environment and tax issues after Congress returned from a summer recess in September, an offer that many Democrats considered dubious.

___

AP reporters Matthew Daly, Will Weissert and Kevin Freking contributed to this report.

• Options
    Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,481

• Options

Are there chapters on making him a senior advisor to POTUS and envoy with a portfolio of special projects? If not, it’s lacking.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,114
    Hail hail Manchin, aka Manchurian something or other. Shook Schumers hand and everything’s fine.
  • Options
    Hail hail Manchin, aka Manchurian something or other. Shook Schumers hand and everything’s fine.
    Took a year and for his hypocrisy and negotiating in poor faith to be pointed out, as well as fucking over women and children but hey, progress right? I do wonder what “hardball” might have been played or maybe it was all about changing the name of the bill to “deficit reduction something or other?” Should have been done a year ago, you know, before inflation was a thing.

Anyone have Sinenema’s opinion yet or can we expect a thumbs down curtsy on the senate floor?

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    Looks like McConnell got out-McConnelled with this.

Chips goes forward WITH his vote.
    Deal gets announced with Manchin.

GOP totally fucks over veterans in shooting down medical help etc for vets exposed to toxins from burn pits etc.....

IN AN ELECTION YEAR THE GOP SAID FUCK YOU FOR YOUR SERVICE.....

• Options
    edited July 2022
    don't the GOP always says "fuck you for your service" yet that group keeps voting for them anyway? people fall for the messaging and forget about actual policy, and republicans are better at messaging with the military than the democrats are
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,958
    don't the GOP always says "fuck you for your service" yet that group keeps voting for them anyway? people fall for the messaging and forget about actual policy, and republicans are better at messaging with the military than the democrats are
    Military, blue collar, welfare recipients....all abused by the GOP yet their most rabid supporters
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • Options
    TJ25487TJ25487 Posts: 1,457

I hear the first 10% of the profits from the book sales go to "The Big Guy". 
  • Options
    Sleepy woke Joe gets the little fat guy involved with 9/11 and becoming the de facto leader of Al Quada after Obama got Osama. I’m sure Randy Paul and Moscow Mitchy Baby will be heavy with the praise.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    Sleepy woke Joe gets the little fat guy involved with 9/11 and becoming the de facto leader of Al Quada after Obama got Osama. I’m sure Randy Paul and Moscow Mitchy Baby will be heavy with the praise.
    Great job, Brandon!
    chinese-happy.jpg