Photos of your guitars

Comments

• BIGDaddyWilBIGDaddyWil Michigan Posts: 3,027
    This one arrived last week.  Jim James Gibson 335.  

Nice rug!
    Pine Knob Music Theatre - Jul 31, 1992 Crisler Arena - Mar 20, 1994
    Summerfest - Jul 09, 1995*Savage Hall - Sep 22, 1996The Palace of Auburn Hills-Aug 23, 1998 Breslin Center- Aug 18, 1998,The Palace of Auburn Hills-Oct 07, 2000 DTE Energy Theatre-Jun5,2003,DTE Energy Music Theatre - Jun 26, 2003Sports Arena - Oct 02, 2004 Van Andel Arena - May 19, 2006Palace of Auburn Hills-May 22, 2006 Quicken Loans Arena-May 09, 2010
    10-16-2014 Detroit
  • bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,490
    This one arrived last week.  Jim James Gibson 335.  

Nice rug!
    I had stopped collecting and usually didn't care about merch stands at shows anymore (when in the past I would stand in line for 4+ hours).   But when my friend mentioned he saw the rug a the merch stand at Ohana the old muscle memory kicked in and I started speedwalking toward the merch stand like it was 2014 again.  
  • pjpjpaulpjpjpaul Posts: 1,648
    Not my guitars, but this is what the guitars are being plugged into these days. 

Virginia Beach 2000
    DC 2003
    DC 2004 (VFC)
    DC 2006
    Pittsburgh 2006
    Bonnaroo 2008
    Virginia Beach 2008
    DC 2008
    Philly (Spectrum) 10/31/2009
    DC 2010 (Jiffy Lube Live)
    PJ 20 night 1
    PJ 20 night 2
    Phoenix 2013
    LA 1 2013
    Memphis 2014
    Jacksonville 2016
    Greenville 2016
    Hampton 2016
    Columbia 2016
    Fenway 1 2016
    Fenway 2 2016
    Wrigley 1 2018
    Wrigley 2 2018
    Fenway 1 2018
    Fenway 2 2018
    Sea Hear Now 2021
    Nashville 2022
    Louisville 2022
  • This one arrived last week.  Jim James Gibson 335.  

Nice rug!
    I had stopped collecting and usually didn't care about merch stands at shows anymore (when in the past I would stand in line for 4+ hours).   But when my friend mentioned he saw the rug a the merch stand at Ohana the old muscle memory kicked in and I started speedwalking toward the merch stand like it was 2014 again.  
     I wanted one of those rugs, but I didn't see any @OE- have a stool i wanted to pair with it for playin' ... You scored. Nice guitar!

Picked up my first electric guitar from my brother’s over the holiday.  The white LP.  Let’s just say they did some relic work on it.  I don’t mind as I dropped it and broke the headstock twice when I had so no sense keeping it pretty. 

Got all the LP’s together now.  

Special 2020 - tv yellow
    Studio 1997 - Alpine White and now yellowing
    Classic 1999 - Heritage Cherry Burst
    50’s Standard 2020 - goldtop
    Murphy Lab ‘59 2021 - lemonburst 
    Signature 1974 - goldtop
    SG Standard 2020
  • dudemandudeman Posts: 2,962
    Nice collection! How are you finding the quality and fit/finish of the new models compared to the older ones?
    If hope can grow from dirt like me, it can be done. - EV
    dudeman said:
    Nice collection! How are you finding the quality and fit/finish of the new models compared to the older ones?
    The new models are great.   I can't find anything wrong on the new ones.  The 99 classic looks brand new as it hasn't got a lot of play.  The neck on the Studio is my favorite.  It feels really smooth and doesn't have that stickiness that some LP's have. 

I keep getting reminded that you don't need a lot of guitars.  The 1997 Studio is probably more fun than all of the others to play and is probably worth about $400 after all the damage over the years.  Still fun to collect and there are worse habits.  The Murphy Lab though feels great and plays great.  I was disappointed in the sticky neck at first but that has improved over time.  I've crossed my fingers it doesn't have the paint issues some of the other early ones had.   The 74 Signature needs new frets but it also is very comfortable to play.  The 50's Standard Goldtop is probably the one I'd give up first.  Not a fan of the baseball bat neck.  
  • pjpjpaulpjpjpaul Posts: 1,648
    edited December 2021
    I had one of my teles setup for slide Guitar this week. Raised the action at the nut and the bridge and put some 13's on. Also put a Duncan little 59 single coil sized humbucker pickup in the bridge position and installed a push pull tone pot so I can coil split and get humbucker and single coil tones from the pickup.
    Post edited by pjpjpaul on
    Virginia Beach 2000
    DC 2003
    DC 2004 (VFC)
    DC 2006
    Pittsburgh 2006
    Bonnaroo 2008
    Virginia Beach 2008
    DC 2008
    Philly (Spectrum) 10/31/2009
    DC 2010 (Jiffy Lube Live)
    PJ 20 night 1
    PJ 20 night 2
    Phoenix 2013
    LA 1 2013
    Memphis 2014
    Jacksonville 2016
    Greenville 2016
    Hampton 2016
    Columbia 2016
    Fenway 1 2016
    Fenway 2 2016
    Wrigley 1 2018
    Wrigley 2 2018
    Fenway 1 2018
    Fenway 2 2018
    Sea Hear Now 2021
    Nashville 2022
    Louisville 2022
    pjpjpaul said:
    I had one of my teles setup for slide Guitar this week. Raised the action at the nut and the bridge and put some 13's on. Also put a Duncan little 59 single coil sized humbucker pickup in the bridge position and installed a push pull tone pot so I can coil split and get humbucker and single coil tones from the pickup.
    That's awesome.  Need to experiment with new pickups in 2022.  
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,739

That s legit!!! Nice work.  Where s the acoustics? ;)
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
    mcgruff10 said:

Here are the acoustics:

Martin Custom Shop 0000-28H (Gruhn)
    Taylor 652ce 12 string builder’s edition
    Taylor 861ce

Have a nylon string as well.  Cordoba I think.  

Should be getting a Gibson J-45 mid-week, ordered a Martin HD-28 Ambertone yesterday  and then still waiting on the Gibson SJ-200 that I ordered November 2020.  The Sweetwater financing is helping spread these over my three year budgeted spend.  

edited January 2022
    Damn bro that Martin 28 is beautiful!  Which do you prefer, taylor or martins? (i've never played a taylor)
    mcgruff10 said:
    Damn bro that Martin 28 is beautiful!  Which do you prefer, taylor or martins? (i've never played a taylor)
    I probably prefer the Taylor as just a brighter sound when just playing in the apartment.  The bass on the Martin is great though.  If I had to pick one it would probably be the Taylor.  
  • mace1229mace1229 Posts: 8,956

Looking for advice on what my guitars are worth. I don’t know a lot about the technical aspects of guitars other than the common styles. I’ve had them about 25 years, but haven’t played them in at least 15 since I got tired of playing the same 30 songs I learned and want to clear out space, but really don’t know what they’re worth.

Im looking to sell (locally, don’t want to ship) but am struggling what to ask. So advice on a good asking price is appreciated. Both are in very good condition as I never joined a band and just played in my room a few hours a week. 
    My first guitar I bought around ‘95 was a Fender Prodigy. They were only made from 91-93 and designed to compete with the superstrats by Ibenez and jothers. Since there aren’t many I can’t find too many comparisons, but the $400-500 range is what I’m guessing.
    My other I bought about a year later, around 96. It’s a 50s reissue Tele made in Japan and am having a tougher time finding a price since I see suggested price ranging online from about $700-$1800 and I don’t know the differences are or if the year is that big of a deal.
    I enjoyed playing them both, but especially the tele. I have zero musical gift, am tone deaf, and never put in the time to become a good player and they’ve been stored in the basement for 15+ years.
    What do you think they’re worth?
    Thanks!

• DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,411
    I’d guess in the upper half of that price range for the Tele. MIJ Fenders are great guitars and that one looks sharp.
    Check out reverb.com if you haven’t already.  

it looks like the list price on completed sales was about $400-$600 on the Prodigy.  The current listing prices are about $600-$800.

There are listings for 90’s MIJ guitars as well.  

• mace1229mace1229 Posts: 8,956
    edited January 2022
    Thanks for the input. I looked at reverb, but prices seemed to vary a lot for the tele. It was probably different modes,  I just knew it was a 50s reissue made in Japan, and I knew Japan Fenders were pretty good, but not as good as American.
    mcgruff10 said:

Here is the photo of new J-45 that arrived today and sitting in the box waiting to acclimate, and then the Martin HD-28 that is on the FedEx truck!

• drakeheuer14drakeheuer14 Posts: 4,368
    edited January 2022
    This is a sincere question: how do you know you will like them if you buy online? Have you tried them out before in person? Or you just know you wanted them for some reason aside from how they play?
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
    Greenville 2016
    (Raleigh 2016)
    Columbia 2016
    edited January 2022
    With electrics I don’t mind buying online as much.  It would be nice to get a feel of the neck though.  I am not very picky about things though.  

I would rather play the acoustics ahead of time but right now where I live and with the backlog there really isn’t a lot of opportunity to play the different models.  Taking more chances for sure but seems like online ordering is the norm these days.

The  stuff I am buying are pretty standard models that have been around a long time so I have  a decent idea of what I am getting.
    Post edited by bootlegger10 on
    wow those two guitars are amazing.  That Gibson is my dream guitar.  
  • drakeheuer14drakeheuer14 Posts: 4,368
    With electrics I don’t mind buying online as much.  It would be nice to get a feel of the neck though.  I am not very picky about things though.  

I would rather play the acoustics ahead of time but right now where I live and with the backlog there really isn’t a lot of opportunity to play the different models.  Taking more chances for sure but seems like online ordering is the norm these days.

The  stuff I am buying are pretty standard models that have been around a long time so I have  a decent idea of what I am getting.
    Makes sense. They look nice!
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
    Greenville 2016
    (Raleigh 2016)
    Columbia 2016
  • bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,926
    Lot of nice guitars posted.  Quite a collection you have bootlegger.  I caught the itch to get a new guitar, but I'm going to resist the urge.  I pick up the same guitar every time I play, even though I keep telling myself to play the other two (especially the tele).  It just doesn't happen.  I'm a creature of habit so I'm not going to drop the coin on a new one...for now.
    mcgruff10 said:
    It plays great.  Go get one!  

The Martin HD-28 arrived yesterday and I played it this morning. Love it.  Some guitars just feel easier to play than others.
    mcgruff10 said:

The Martin HD-28 arrived yesterday and I played it this morning. Love it.  Some guitars just feel easier to play than others.
    Maybe the epiphone version lol.  
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:

You have seven more people in your household than me to think about.  Ha.  Spouse and six kids, right?  
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:

You have seven more people in your household than me to think about.  Ha.  Spouse and six kids, right?  
    Whoa whoa.  Five kids and a spouse! None of this six kid nonsense.  ;)

waiting for sweet water to do three year financing and I m going to pull the trigger on a Martin d15.  
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:

Whoa whoa.  Five kids and a spouse! None of this six kid nonsense.  ;)

waiting for sweet water to do three year financing and I m going to pull the trigger on a Martin d15.  
    I think your wife may have some news for you...

Martin D-15 looks pretty sweet.  Make sure to ask for a deal when you are ready to buy it.  Good chance you could have them cover the taxes.  I don't ask for deals as much as I should but never got declined when I did ask.  One time I got a call from Sweetwater that they had to put more on my Visa credit card than my Sweetwater card on a purchase and they ended up just writing off the rest (about $200).