Options

Photos of your guitars

1232425262729»

Comments

• Options
    static111static111 Posts: 4,889
    DewieCox said:

This thing is just thunderous. 

Traded an OM-28 with a similar finish for this HD-28. Was shopping for my once in a lifetime acoustic when I bought the OM. Amazingly nice guitar but not the right one for me. 

That sounds like the right choice!  Quite the beauty too!
    Scio me nihil scire

There are no kings inside the gates of eden
  • Options
    benjsbenjs Toronto, ON Posts: 8,938
    static111 said:
    benjs said:
    My baby. Custom shop J45 with red spruce top, scalloped bracing, Trance Audio pickup (sounds wonderful). I’ve had her for around eight years now. Turns out seven years before I knew I would love bluegrass, I picked a dreadnaught practically made for the genre. 

Is that the Pure Voice model?  I had one of those and it was incredible.  I sold it to get a different guitar that I no longer have.  I should have never let it go.  Beautiful guitar!  J45s are my favorite acoustics.
    You got it! I'm sad to hear you let yours go - but glad someone else on here knows the specialness too. I play weekly with fellows who come with Collings, Martin, Bourgeois guitars and the Purevoice stands its own. 
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • Options
    static111static111 Posts: 4,889
    benjs said:
    static111 said:
    benjs said:
    My baby. Custom shop J45 with red spruce top, scalloped bracing, Trance Audio pickup (sounds wonderful). I’ve had her for around eight years now. Turns out seven years before I knew I would love bluegrass, I picked a dreadnaught practically made for the genre. 

Is that the Pure Voice model?  I had one of those and it was incredible.  I sold it to get a different guitar that I no longer have.  I should have never let it go.  Beautiful guitar!  J45s are my favorite acoustics.
    You got it! I'm sad to hear you let yours go - but glad someone else on here knows the specialness too. I play weekly with fellows who come with Collings, Martin, Bourgeois guitars and the Purevoice stands its own. 
    Dude the Purevoice is the best model!  You are very fortunate indeed!
    Scio me nihil scire

There are no kings inside the gates of eden
  • Options
    static111 said:
    benjs said:
    static111 said:
    benjs said:

So. Over the last month I did some soul-searching, and realized that the time had come to find a guitar that could help me express my voice better. Issues with the intonation, a lack of 'ballsiness' in the low/mid-range, led me to at least go on Facebook Marketplace and keep my eyes peeled, at least start to learn how much I was going to need to spend for certain guitars.

Picking up some various excellent guitars at a shop helped me hone in on what I really want to hear in a guitar - what traits and characteristics I need. Number one was how pretty could I make it sound on the low-end (1-3rd fret on E, A, and D strings). Next was being able to use a light touch to hit an open string on a break, and have it resonate and be impactful for a few more notes. Long story short, met a very nice seller yesterday, and I'm beyond happy to have such a beautiful new Martin HD-16R-LSH (large sound hole) that is already helping me express myself in wonderful ways new to me. My Purevoice will have an amazing new home with my little brother, who will love and take care of it well, just as I will do with my new baby.

'05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • Options
    dudemandudeman Posts: 2,977
    benjs said:
    static111 said:
    benjs said:
    static111 said:
    benjs said:

So. Over the last month I did some soul-searching, and realized that the time had come to find a guitar that could help me express my voice better. Issues with the intonation, a lack of 'ballsiness' in the low/mid-range, led me to at least go on Facebook Marketplace and keep my eyes peeled, at least start to learn how much I was going to need to spend for certain guitars.

Picking up some various excellent guitars at a shop helped me hone in on what I really want to hear in a guitar - what traits and characteristics I need. Number one was how pretty could I make it sound on the low-end (1-3rd fret on E, A, and D strings). Next was being able to use a light touch to hit an open string on a break, and have it resonate and be impactful for a few more notes. Long story short, met a very nice seller yesterday, and I'm beyond happy to have such a beautiful new Martin HD-16R-LSH (large sound hole) that is already helping me express myself in wonderful ways new to me. My Purevoice will have an amazing new home with my little brother, who will love and take care of it well, just as I will do with my new baby.

That's great, man! Beautiful guitar. Congrats!
    If hope can grow from dirt like me, it can be done. - EV
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,889
    Beautiful guitar Benjs!
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 NYC Posts: 25,873

severed hand thirteen

2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17
  • Options
    The sickness spreads. Custom 2012 with Adirondack front, Madagascar rosewood back and sides, Golden Era scalloped bracing, popsicle stick brace removed for more resonance. I almost cried when I brought it home and felt and heard the tone. As someone whose life basically revolves around music, the sensation of finding my voice through an instrument is almost overwhelming, in a good way.

EV
  • Options
    Abe FromanAbe Froman Posts: 5,064
    Man…you all have some pretty awesome guitars in this thread!  I’ll try and post my “family” soon
  • Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,123
    Sweet Martin!  Getting one is still on my list.
  • Options
    NGD - 2023 MIJ JazzMaster Sherwood Green Metallic

Someone local imported it from Kyoto from a shop doing some small batch runs ... he thought he ordered a Mustang but messed up the order form and ordered this JM instead.  So this kinda dropped right in my lap just when I was seriously looking for a JM.   It has specs that pretty much match my favorite guitar neck on my Tele so kinda in my goldilocks zone.

• Options
    Nice matching headstock too!  I love this color

• Options
    Jason P said:
    NGD - 2023 MIJ JazzMaster Sherwood Green Metallic

Someone local imported it from Kyoto from a shop doing some small batch runs ... he thought he ordered a Mustang but messed up the order form and ordered this JM instead.  So this kinda dropped right in my lap just when I was seriously looking for a JM.   It has specs that pretty much match my favorite guitar neck on my Tele so kinda in my goldilocks zone.

What a spectacular looking guitar. That absurdly beautiful seafoam, the rounding on metal components, the Tele-ness of it all... really gorgeous. Congratulations! I hope it sounds and plays beautifully.

EV
  • Options
    pjpjpaulpjpjpaul Posts: 1,655

My new Dave Grohl epiphone came in last week. Plays and sounds great. 
    Virginia Beach 2000
    DC 2003
    DC 2004 (VFC)
    DC 2006
    Pittsburgh 2006
    Bonnaroo 2008
    Virginia Beach 2008
    DC 2008
    Philly (Spectrum) 10/31/2009
    DC 2010 (Jiffy Lube Live)
    PJ 20 night 1
    PJ 20 night 2
    Phoenix 2013
    LA 1 2013
    Memphis 2014
    Jacksonville 2016
    Greenville 2016
    Hampton 2016
    Columbia 2016
    Fenway 1 2016
    Fenway 2 2016
    Wrigley 1 2018
    Wrigley 2 2018
    Fenway 1 2018
    Fenway 2 2018
    Sea Hear Now 2021
    Nashville 2022
    Louisville 2022
  • Options
    BALLBOYBALLBOY Australia Posts: 998
    Kim Thaiyl Guild S100 an absolute beast especially though the Soundgarden patch on my Tonemaster Pro through a Marshall 
    Eastern Creek 95,Syd 1 98,Bris 2 98, Syd 1&2 03, Reading Fest 06, Bris 1 06, London 09, Hyde Park 10, Gold Coast BDO 14
  • Options
    Abe FromanAbe Froman Posts: 5,064
    BALLBOY said:
    Kim Thaiyl Guild S100 an absolute beast especially though the Soundgarden patch on my Tonemaster Pro through a Marshall 
    That is a super cool looking axe!!!
  • Options
    Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,496
    Jason P said:
    Nice matching headstock too!  I love this color

That's gorgeous. 
  • Options
    Here is my collection. 
    It’s not the biggest or most expensive, but it’s mine and I love it!

I am the Lizard King I can do anything
  • Options
    BALLBOYBALLBOY Australia Posts: 998
    Here is my collection. 

Mine is close to your I have the vintage 2 strat in Olympic white Les Paul standard unburst & the Mike McCready strat 
    Eastern Creek 95,Syd 1 98,Bris 2 98, Syd 1&2 03, Reading Fest 06, Bris 1 06, London 09, Hyde Park 10, Gold Coast BDO 14
  • Options
    Here is my collection. 

Love the Flying V 
  • Options
    Nice little Facebook marketplace find I picked up today. 

• Options
    Jason P said:
    Sweet Martin!  Getting one is still on my list.
    Thank you! I can't recommend doing that enough. The joy my Martin brings me is unlike any of my other guitars I've ever had.

EV
  • Options
    tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 39,029
    dudeman said:
    Brought this one home on Monday. It's a Japanese ESP Vintage Plus from 1996. Got it cleaned up and adjusted to my liking last night. 

So far, so good! This has a super nice neck and is a pleasure to play. 

God Bless you for hanging that JAX monstrosity...
  • Options
    dudemandudeman Posts: 2,977
    dudeman said:
    Brought this one home on Monday. It's a Japanese ESP Vintage Plus from 1996. Got it cleaned up and adjusted to my liking last night. 

So far, so good! This has a super nice neck and is a pleasure to play. 

God Bless you for hanging that JAX monstrosity...
    Haha! It kind of fits the color scheme of some of the others around it on the same wall.

To be fair, it is much better than the Ft. Lauderdale EV poster with Kim Jong!
    If hope can grow from dirt like me, it can be done. - EV