nicknyr15 said:
    CM189191 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    CM189191 said:
    mickeyrat said:
    Surprise surprise his parents are trashy Trump supporters too

This country has a severe mental health problem

Compounded by a severe gun problem
    Well yea. These are the only shootings that get talked about here. Here in NYC there are shootings all the time. Most are not Trump supporters but I’m not sure why that even matters . 

If you look at the headlines, listen to the GQP narrative, comments on AMT:
     'Gun violence is an urban problem caused by liberals running their liberal cities'
    'Rural areas don't have a gun problem, because they're a bunch of bootstrap conservative who respect their guns'

That's simply not true. 
    It matters because people say stuff like 'here in NYC there are shootings all the time', without thinking past the nose on their face.
    Unfortunately, some are unable to grasp the concept of 'more people = more guns = more guns violence'
    Rural, conservative areas have just as much gun violence as liberal urban areas.

So here you have a conservative family, in a rural area, now responsible for 4 deaths and a handful of injuries. 
    And conservatives will again send their 'thoughts' and prayers; without ever actually having to think.
    You’re so used to arguing that you’re not even listening anymore. Just spewing out the same automated rebuttals you read over and over again. I never compared red and blue states.  All I said was there’s only a certain type of gun violence that angers you and other extremists. It’s no better than Tucker Carlson and Joy Reid with their racist, extreme fear mongering views. You do not look at all gun violence equally. The same way as those conservatives nuts don’t either. What are democrats doing to curb the gun violence in certain states? Anything? Doesn’t seem to be getting better. ANYWHERE. But keep focusing on only one type, while making excuses for the other. 

“Without thinking past the nose on their face” holy shit. Is that how you have a discussion with people in real life? Or only on message boards. Hopefully one day everyone will be as brilliant as you. 
    Comparing school shootings that are mainly done by white people to inner city shootings that generally relate to crimes other than school shootings and/or terrorism doesn't equate.

Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,640
    static111 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    CM189191 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    CM189191 said:
    mickeyrat said:

Well yea. These are the only shootings that get talked about here. Here in NYC there are shootings all the time. Most are not Trump supporters but I’m not sure why that even matters . 

'Gun violence is an urban problem caused by liberals running their liberal cities'
    'Rural areas don't have a gun problem, because they're a bunch of bootstrap conservative who respect their guns'

That's simply not true. 
    It matters because people say stuff like 'here in NYC there are shootings all the time', without thinking past the nose on their face.
    Unfortunately, some are unable to grasp the concept of 'more people = more guns = more guns violence'
    Rural, conservative areas have just as much gun violence as liberal urban areas.

So here you have a conservative family, in a rural area, now responsible for 4 deaths and a handful of injuries. 
    And conservatives will again send their 'thoughts' and prayers; without ever actually having to think.
    You’re so used to arguing that you’re not even listening anymore. Just spewing out the same automated rebuttals you read over and over again. I never compared red and blue states.  All I said was there’s only a certain type of gun violence that angers you and other extremists. It’s no better than Tucker Carlson and Joy Reid with their racist, extreme fear mongering views. You do not look at all gun violence equally. The same way as those conservatives nuts don’t either. What are democrats doing to curb the gun violence in certain states? Anything? Doesn’t seem to be getting better. ANYWHERE. But keep focusing on only one type, while making excuses for the other. 

“Without thinking past the nose on their face” holy shit. Is that how you have a discussion with people in real life? Or only on message boards. Hopefully one day everyone will be as brilliant as you. 
    We can only aspire to the brilliant brilliancy of some of our fellow members.
    Maybe one day….
    nicknyr15 said:
    CM189191 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    CM189191 said:
    mickeyrat said:

That's simply not true. 

Comparing school shootings that are mainly done by white people to inner city shootings that generally relate to crimes other than school shootings and/or terrorism doesn't equate.

Again…… one bothers certain political types more than others. I just don’t understand that. 

• Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,937
    nicknyr15 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    CM189191 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    CM189191 said:
    mickeyrat said:

That's simply not true. 

Again…… one bothers certain political types more than others. I just don’t understand that. 

But one side (liberal/communist/marxist) want to tighten gun laws and the other side does not.

That part is very clear.

2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    nicknyr15 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    CM189191 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    CM189191 said:
    mickeyrat said:

That's simply not true. 

But one side (liberal/communist/marxist) want to tighten gun laws and the other side does not.

That part is very clear.
    Yes. Very clear. And I agree 100%. I was commenting on the outrage from certain types for one gun violence, but not the other. Just seems weird to me. 
  • mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,426
    nicknyr15 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    CM189191 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    CM189191 said:
    mickeyrat said:

That's simply not true. 

That part is very clear.
    Yes. Very clear. And I agree 100%. I was commenting on the outrage from certain types for one gun violence, but not the other. Just seems weird to me. 

by bringing up murder by vehicle.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
    mickeyrat said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    CM189191 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    CM189191 said:
    mickeyrat said:

That's simply not true. 

That part is very clear.

by bringing up murder by vehicle.
    I could bring up numerous examples of gun violence that doesn’t fit into what makes a select few mad here. That was as one example I brought up. Get over it and move on. 
  • CM189191CM189191 Minneapolis via Chicago Posts: 6,786
    nicknyr15 said:
    CM189191 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    CM189191 said:
    mickeyrat said:

That's simply not true. 

"What are democrats doing to curb the gun violence in certain states? Anything?"
    California literally went to court and won their case banning the sale and possession of high-capacity magazines THIS WEEK

This is what I mean my not thinking past the nose on your face when you say
    '....but but but NYC liberal city urban thug gun shooting violence' 
    WI 6/27/98 WI 10/8/00 MO 10/11/00 IL 4/23/03 MN 6/26/06 MN 6/27/06 WI 6/30/06 IL 8/5/07 IL 8/21/08 (EV) IL 8/22/08 (EV) IL 8/23/09 IL 8/24/09 IN 5/7/10 IL 6/28/11 (EV) IL 6/29/11 (EV) WI 9/3/11 WI 9/4/11 IL 7/19/13 NE 10/09/14 IL 10/17/14 MN 10/19/14 FL 4/11/16 IL 8/20/16 IL 8/22/16 IL 08/18/18 IL 08/20/18 IT 07/05/2020 AT 07/07/2020
    CM189191 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    CM189191 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    CM189191 said:
    mickeyrat said:

That's simply not true. 

"What are democrats doing to curb the gun violence in certain states? Anything?"
    California literally went to court and won their case banning the sale and possession of high-capacity magazines THIS WEEK

This is what I mean my not thinking past the nose on your face when you say
    '....but but but NYC liberal city urban thug gun shooting violence' 
    Where did I say liberal or urban or thug ? You’re the absolute worst. 
  • ParksyParksy Posts: 1,675
    nicknyr15 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    CM189191 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    CM189191 said:
    mickeyrat said:

That's simply not true. 

No disrespect intended...  my opinion for what its worth is that gun violence exists on a spectrum.  Where one would argue that all gun violence is created equal, I think that's not true.  

Now I don't know or have all the facts so...  so take this example just based on my opinion. 

Let's say there is a high percentage of shootings in the inner cities and the stats show that the violence is generally in relation to criminal activity, gang violence, and also generally with illegal firearms.  That's one set of gun violence that carries it's own political views and agendas. (The 'right' would point to this violence and call out the 'left' for either causing it or not doing anything about it.)

Another type of gun violence is the mass shootings, school shootings, workplace shootings that more often than not are unrelated to gang violence, unrelated to other criminal activity, and carried out using legally purchased guns.  (The 'left' would point to this violence and call out the 'right' for either causing it or not doing anything about it.) 

I have a couple opinions and I'm not sure if this will make some of you dislike me or not. :)  But here goes.. 

While both issues are important issues... if you asked me what was an issue of higher importance on a political stage, state stage, country stage....    what would I as a citizen want to see come to an end first... gang on gang violence or Sandy Hook?  Sandy Hook has to be resolved. These types of shootings have to be stopped or slowed down and to me it also seems like the easier approach, politically and legally. Maybe that's because I'm a left leaning individual... perhaps. But I can't help as a person when looking at the victims of all this... wonder about the individual choices that were made with respect to how one found themselves with a bullet inside them. 

It's all around shitty no matter how you slice it.  But I think kids have a reason to be fearful going to school in America. Maybe that sounds alarmist, but it just seems to happen too often.  You join a gang, that comes with risks. You commit crimes, that comes with risks. You fall into a bad crowd or grow up a wanna be tough guy... that comes with risks.  Going to school? Church? Shopping?  These are supposed to be ultra safe in free societies.  IMO. 

As an add on here.. I watched The Problem With Jon Stewart the other day about gun/domestic violence. And he had on guests who had been victims of violence and become advocates against violence.  What I found... crazy amongst all the other crazy was that two of the advocates he had on... he personally had thought knew each other through their connection of being victims of gun violence but that wasn't the case, they had known each other for years and been friends before and just both happened to be shot. 

I personally have a close friend who worked in Denver and his 8 year old daughter was at school during a shooting. Small world, coincidence? Or...  there's a problem. 
    Toronto 2000
    Buffalo, Phoenix, Toronto 2003
    Boston I&II 2004
    Kitchener, Hamilton, London, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto 2005
    Toronto I&II, Las Vegas 2006
    Chicago Lollapalooza 2007
    Toronto, Seattle I&II, Vancouver, Philly I,II,III,IV 2009
    Cleveland, Buffalo 2010
    Toronto I&II 2011
    Buffalo 2013
    Toronto I&II 2016
    10C: 220xxx
    Parksy said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    CM189191 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    CM189191 said:
    mickeyrat said:

That's simply not true. 

No disrespect intended...  my opinion for what its worth is that gun violence exists on a spectrum.  Where one would argue that all gun violence is created equal, I think that's not true.  

Now I don't know or have all the facts so...  so take this example just based on my opinion. 

Let's say there is a high percentage of shootings in the inner cities and the stats show that the violence is generally in relation to criminal activity, gang violence, and also generally with illegal firearms.  That's one set of gun violence that carries it's own political views and agendas. (The 'right' would point to this violence and call out the 'left' for either causing it or not doing anything about it.)

Another type of gun violence is the mass shootings, school shootings, workplace shootings that more often than not are unrelated to gang violence, unrelated to other criminal activity, and carried out using legally purchased guns.  (The 'left' would point to this violence and call out the 'right' for either causing it or not doing anything about it.) 

I have a couple opinions and I'm not sure if this will make some of you dislike me or not. :)  But here goes.. 

While both issues are important issues... if you asked me what was an issue of higher importance on a political stage, state stage, country stage....    what would I as a citizen want to see come to an end first... gang on gang violence or Sandy Hook?  Sandy Hook has to be resolved. These types of shootings have to be stopped or slowed down and to me it also seems like the easier approach, politically and legally. Maybe that's because I'm a left leaning individual... perhaps. But I can't help as a person when looking at the victims of all this... wonder about the individual choices that were made with respect to how one found themselves with a bullet inside them. 

It's all around shitty no matter how you slice it.  But I think kids have a reason to be fearful going to school in America. Maybe that sounds alarmist, but it just seems to happen too often.  You join a gang, that comes with risks. You commit crimes, that comes with risks. You fall into a bad crowd or grow up a wanna be tough guy... that comes with risks.  Going to school? Church? Shopping?  These are supposed to be ultra safe in free societies.  IMO. 

As an add on here.. I watched The Problem With Jon Stewart the other day about gun/domestic violence. And he had on guests who had been victims of violence and become advocates against violence.  What I found... crazy amongst all the other crazy was that two of the advocates he had on... he personally had thought knew each other through their connection of being victims of gun violence but that wasn't the case, they had known each other for years and been friends before and just both happened to be shot. 

I personally have a close friend who worked in Denver and his 8 year old daughter was at school during a shooting. Small world, coincidence? Or...  there's a problem. 
    I respect everything you said here and I agree with most of it. But, Gang and criminal violence has innocent casualties as well. The amount of people killed or hit by stray gunfire is pretty sad. I just look at all gun violence the same. People could bring up Cali banning high ammo blah blah blah. Doesn’t mean shit for the gun violence that happens in the street. So how do we combat that? 
  • mace1229mace1229 Posts: 8,956
    nicknyr15 said:
    CM189191 said:
    mickeyrat said:

My guess is that black on black gun violence doesn’t bother people as much as white on white, black on white, or white on black.  I realize it’s not just black on black in NY but Americans seem to expect certain types of violence in certain areas.  Might/does this make sense?   

Let’s see, we have religious, race, gender, and now political affiliation to blame for our issues.  Political is just the flavor of the times right now.  
    We had 2 school shootings here in Aurora the week before thanksgiving just a few days apartments. Only heard about it on the local news briefly. My parents who live in California never heard about it in the news at all. I don’t think anyone was killed, but something like 12 or 14 hospitalized between the 2. My wife even told me she heard about a third shooting a few days later that i never even heard about in the local news. So there’s obviously lots of shootings, even school shootings, that the majority of people never hear about.
    nicknyr15 said:
    Parksy said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    CM189191 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    CM189191 said:
    mickeyrat said:

That's simply not true. 

I respect everything you said here and I agree with most of it. But, Gang and criminal violence has innocent casualties as well. The amount of people killed or hit by stray gunfire is pretty sad. I just look at all gun violence the same. People could bring up Cali banning high ammo blah blah blah. Doesn’t mean shit for the gun violence that happens in the street. So how do we combat that? 
    I absolutely recognize that...  I've seen numerous stories with regards to bystanders being shot and killed in Toronto. And it's awful.

I think perhaps the difference that I'm looking at with respect to like Canada vs. USA... what happens in Toronto can be compared to the inner city violence in New York, Chicago, LA, etc. Likely not as high.. but the summaries would be very similar I imagine. 

School shootings, mass shootings, etc... well yeah there certainly is a population difference between the two counties, but our laws are remarkably different... so much so that I do think it makes a big difference between the amount of violence we see compared to what America sees. 

I mentioned before... I think in the last week or so.. and while we're at it, let's throw in the Rittenhouse and Arbery cases... these stories that deal with gun violence that have been an almost every day thing in the last week or so... we just don't see here over the course of a year or two. It would be silly of me to suggest that Canada doesn't experience this type of violence because we do... but the ratio is so out of whack... I think it's why we're here talking about it to be honest. 

To your point as well.. like it is all bad without question.  The social and political divides seem to be keeping everything at a status quo or quite possibly making things worse. 
    Toronto 2000
    Boston I&II 2004
    Cleveland, Buffalo 2010
    Toronto I&II 2011
    Buffalo 2013
    Toronto I&II 2016
    edited December 2021
    I have been saying for years that we will have gun control at some point in the future. Gun violence (shootings, good guys with guns being mistaken for bad guys by police, etc.) will get so bad that fewer and fewer GOP will be able to avoid it.

To me it is just like the seatbelt law. We watch people get launched through windshields time and time again and then we finally do something about it. Does it prevent all windshield supermen? No....but it prevents a lot of them.
    Post edited by Gern Blansten on

I have been saying for years that we will have gun control at some point in the future. Gun violence (shootings, good guys with guns being mistaken for bad guys by police, etc.) will get so bad that fewer and fewer GOP will be able to avoid it.

To me it is just like the seatbelt law. We watch people get launched through windshields time and time again and then we finally do something about it. Does it prevent all windshield supermen? No....but it prevents a lot of them.
    I sure hope so. 

I agree... but perhaps sounding pessimistic... what's the threshold?  Like what else has to happen to generate actual change? I personally  have little to no hope. After Sandy Hook... if THAT wasn't enough, nationally to crack the foundations of partisanship, then what will? 

In similar context... After Jan 6th I thought... ok, this outta do it. Trump fanatics (in the name of Republicans) beating police, and everything else. Like that outta do it.  Then McCarthy's comments and Graham's comments... I was like, ok finally.  That lasted like a minute. 
    Toronto 2000
    Boston I&II 2004
    Cleveland, Buffalo 2010
    Toronto I&II 2011
    Buffalo 2013
    Toronto I&II 2016
    Parksy said:

I agree... but perhaps sounding pessimistic... what's the threshold?  Like what else has to happen to generate actual change? I personally  have little to no hope. After Sandy Hook... if THAT wasn't enough, nationally to crack the foundations of partisanship, then what will? 

In similar context... After Jan 6th I thought... ok, this outta do it. Trump fanatics (in the name of Republicans) beating police, and everything else. Like that outta do it.  Then McCarthy's comments and Graham's comments... I was like, ok finally.  That lasted like a minute. 
    The frequencies will increase as we have seen. We might be talking about 10-20 years down the road but it will happen.

The GOP solution is to put security guards at schools. That just means the shooter will make the guard the first victim. The GOP "solutions" will have to be proven false by people dying. It really sucks but that is the path we are headed down.

We will get to registration and licensing and an assault weapons ban once we have buried the right number of dead bodies. 

Parksy said:

The frequencies will increase as we have seen. We might be talking about 10-20 years down the road but it will happen.

The GOP solution is to put security guards at schools. That just means the shooter will make the guard the first victim. The GOP "solutions" will have to be proven false by people dying. It really sucks but that is the path we are headed down.

We will get to registration and licensing and an assault weapons ban once we have buried the right number of dead bodies. 
    It's such a shameful and weird thing to think of because I don't really think you're wrong. 

But to say it out loud is just weird... 

OK we're at 100 kids.... 250.  250 and we'll start making some changes. Just so weird. 
    Toronto 2000
    Boston I&II 2004
    Cleveland, Buffalo 2010
    Toronto I&II 2011
    Buffalo 2013
    Toronto I&II 2016
    edited December 2021
    Parksy said:
    Parksy said:

It's such a shameful and weird thing to think of because I don't really think you're wrong. 

But to say it out loud is just weird... 

OK we're at 100 kids.... 250.  250 and we'll start making some changes. Just so weird. 
    Agreed. It will make future Rittenhouse situations different as well.

Do you think the next time a mob encounters a Rittenhouse they will chase him? The next Rittenhouse will be the first victim. The good guy with a gun is going to start learning some nasty lessons.  Then they will come around to our side.

• nicknyr15 said:
    CM189191 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    CM189191 said:
    mickeyrat said:

That's simply not true. 

Because the gun violence you speak of and seem to be so concerned about is primarily fed by states with lax gun laws allowing straw purchasers to feed difficult to obtain gun states. Explain how it is so easy for felons to obtain firearms? Also, most of us know and are aware that if you don’t want to be the victim of gun violence, you don’t do certain things, like going to neighborhoods where gun violence is prevalent, or selling/buy drugs in “bad” neighborhoods, flipping off a motorist, or owning guns. Choices, ya know?

But we, us libs, shouldn’t have to wear body armor to school, or send our kids to school with a bullet proof backpack, or be concerned about being shot while shopping, driving a car, going to the movies, or a concert or a club. We are because some 15 year old or a disgruntled someone else is able to buy a gun online, obtain one very easily or stockpile an arsenal.

Understand the difference? We also know that the US gun market is saturated and guess what? It’s moved South and North of the border.

Who should bear the “responsibility” of it all? Gun owners, NRA and gun manufacturers, the repubs who support them or us libs who just want to live our lives lawfully?

understand?

09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Parksy said:

You crazy, yo! You’ve got 780,000 dead Americans and we can’t get people to wear masks or be vaccinated and you think we’ll restrict 2A? Crazy talk. For fun, how many dead turns the tide? I ask because Sandy Hook and Vegas haven’t caused shit to change.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Brilliantati©
    Parksy said:

You crazy, yo! You’ve got 780,000 dead Americans and we can’t get people to wear masks or be vaccinated and you think we’ll restrict 2A? Crazy talk. For fun, how many dead turns the tide? I ask because Sandy Hook and Vegas haven’t caused shit to change.
    Right but 20 Sandy Hooks and 20 Vegas' will.  As I said....might be a few decades down the road but it will happen

• Parksy said:

Right but 20 Sandy Hooks and 20 Vegas' will.  As I said....might be a few decades down the road but it will happen
    I disagree because it’s unlikely another 20 Sandy Hooks or Vegas’ will occur because of the fascist measures implemented to prevent them. Schools are like prisons and hotels have changed procedures so gun nuts can have their freedumbs. Mass shootings will occur in softer and softer targets until no place in public with more than 3 people is safe. And with Meta, you’ll never have to leave your house.

Brilliantati©
  • mace1229mace1229 Posts: 8,956

What is your definition of gun control? I could see universal background checks on all purchases happening very soon. Gun confiscation I don’t see happening in my lifetime.
  • Guess which side of the aisle and organizations are opposed to restricting, banning or increasing penalties on this activity that resulted in this young girl’s death? See the difference? Understand?

https://www.cnn.com/2021/12/02/us/kyra-scott-14-year-old-killed-brother/index.html

Brilliantati©
  • mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,426

Charging decision for Michigan school shooting suspect’s parents is imminent, official says  https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2021/12/02/oxford-high-school-shooting/ 

Charging decision for Michigan school shooting suspect’s parents is imminent, official says
    By Kayla Ruble, María Luisa Paúl, Paulina Firozi and Meryl Kornfield
    December 02 at 7:15 PM EST
    OXFORD, Mich. — A Michigan prosecutor says a decision on whether to file charges against the parents of the Oxford High School shooting suspect could be coming soon, days after authorities say the 15-year-old opened fire there, killing four classmates and injuring seven other people.
    The news came as students and the extended community have started to pick up the pieces of what was shattered in Tuesday’s shooting at Oxford High School. Dozens of area schools closed Thursday because of security concerns as local and federal law enforcement investigated hundreds of threats made online, none of which had seemed credible so far, Oakland County Sheriff Michael Bouchard said. Copycat threats have further traumatized all who had been victimized by the violence, he said, pleading with people to consider the impact of their actions, including possible criminal charges.
    “If you’re making threats, we’re going to find you,” Bouchard said. “It’s ridiculous you’re inflaming the fears and passions of parents, teachers and the community in the midst of a real tragedy.”
    In Oxford, where ribbon-wrapped trees line the streets, residents of this Michigan town are feeling the ripples of the deadliest school shooting this year in which four students were slain: 17-year-old Justin Shilling, 14-year-old Hana St. Juliana, 17-year-old Madisyn Baldwin and 16-year-old Tate Myre.
    [What we know of the four teen victims in the Oxford High School shooting]
    In the parking lot outside an apartment complex that backs up to Oxford High School, Dennis Kendrick broke down in tears. He recounted a rush of emotions after receiving a text message Tuesday about a school shooter. His son Kamari told him he could hear shots being fired.
    “I couldn’t even think straight,” the 54-year-old said, explaining that he immediately left work, got in the car and just started driving toward the school. “All I knew was I had to get here,” he said. “I had to get to my son.”
    A day after the attack, Kendrick expressed concern about his son, a sophomore who was locked down in a classroom while the shooter roamed the nearby hall. Kendrick described the guilt Kamari expressed about not being able to help as the violence unfolded just outside that classroom door.
    A 15-year-old Oxford High School sophomore, Ethan Crumbley, has been charged with a slew of felonies in the attack, including four counts of first-degree murder, seven counts of assault with intent to murder, 12 counts of possession of a firearm in the commission of a felony, and one count of terrorism causing death, charges that could send him to prison for life.

continues....
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Has the NRA commented? Maybe offered a pro bono defense?

Brilliantati©
    Has the NRA ever condoned or defended something like this?
    “The only way to stop a bad guy with a gun is with a good guy with a gun,” said with a sneer.

Brilliantati©
    “The only way to stop a bad guy with a gun is with a good guy with a gun,” said with a sneer.
    Yes, that is the only one I can recall.  I thought they were multi offenders.
This discussion has been closed.