Options

2022 North American rumour thread take 2

Comments

• Options
    joseph33 said:
    If Baltimore gets canceled because of venue renovations,why not honor those who had tickets and open a third date for MSG?
    I was thinking they should offer a show of choice. Not sure if logistically possible, but how many tix are there?  5k fanclub for baltimore?

really hope they can keep. Tiny venue!
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,754
    100 Pacer said:
    PJNB said:
    They like to announce NA in January lately as well as the tour page says dates are coming soon. Sure February is a possibility and is soon I guess but my money goes on Jan 20th or earlier. 
    Good luck sleeping Jeff.
    One thing is for sure. It will be before the 20th or after I am sure of it! 
  • Options
    PJNB said:
    100 Pacer said:
    PJNB said:
    They like to announce NA in January lately as well as the tour page says dates are coming soon. Sure February is a possibility and is soon I guess but my money goes on Jan 20th or earlier. 
    Good luck sleeping Jeff.
    So what you’re saying is it will be on the 20th!
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023
  • Options
    JeBurkhardtJeBurkhardt Posts: 4,503
    PJNB said:
    100 Pacer said:
    PJNB said:
    Good luck sleeping Jeff.
    That’s what it looks like. 😄
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,754
    PJNB said:
    100 Pacer said:
    PJNB said:
    Good luck sleeping Jeff.
    That’s what it looks like. 😄
    I guess the only thing I am sure of is I do need some sleep lol.
  • Options
    D-RodD-Rod Hamilton, Ontario Posts: 1,801
    PJNB said:
    100 Pacer said:
    PJNB said:
    Good luck sleeping Jeff.
    You might be on to something.  
    1996.....Toronto
    2005.....Hamilton
    2011.....Toronto N1, Toronto N2, Hamilton
    2013.....London, Buffalo
    2014.....Detroit
    2016.....Toronto N1 Toronto N2, Boston  N1, Boston N2, Chicago N1
    2018.....Seattle N1, Seattle N2
    2022.....San Diego, Los Angeles N1, Los Angeles N2, Phoenix, Oakland N1, Oakland N2, Quebec City, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto  
    2023.....Fort Worth N1, Fort Worth N2, Austin N1, Austin N2
    2024.....???? 
  • Options
    1STmammal2wearPants1STmammal2wearPants Worcester, MA Posts: 2,836
    I wouldn't complain if they threw in an Albany/Worcester/Boston/Hartford and/or Providence date in there......
    2003 Mansfield III 
    2004 Boston I 
    2006 Boston I 
    2008 Bonnaroo, Hartford, Mansfield I 
    2010 Hartford 
    2013 Worcester I, Worcester II, Hartford 
    2016 Bonnaroo, Boston I, Boston II 
    2018 Boston I, Boston II 
    2021 Sea.Hear.Now
    2022 Camden
    2024 Boston I, Boston II
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,919
    I wouldn't complain if they threw in an Albany/Worcester/Boston/Hartford and/or Providence date in there......
    Yes to all of the above. 

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    Re: DC, no PJ shows anywhere in the DMV since 2010. Last DC proper was 2008. AS for moving to Cap One, even though it would be way more convenient for me, it is HORRIBLE for concerts. The sound is awful, even by hockey arena standards. Merriweather would be far far better
  • Options
    on2legs said:
    Ryan_WFC said:
    If the Baltimore show can't be played because of the renovation timeline, wouldn't that already be known and announced?
    I would say yes, since the proposal has been discussed since July. Yes, it did just pass...but this possibility didn't come out of the blue.
    This is an interesting one.  It doesn’t seem realistic for them to play during construction.  So the logical options:

1) Play before construction in Feb even though they said tour starts in May.  Seems unlikely but how cool would that news be! It would sure make my winter!

2) Play in 2023 after construction - maybe the first concert in the new digs.  But - presumably the sections, rows and seats will all change with the renos.  Logistical nightmare, but maybe not that hard to do.  GA would still be GA.  The floor seats would be pretty much the same.  And people in the stands could receive their new seats, closest equivalent to their existing, and a right to refund if they don’t like it.  Any returned tickets would easily sell out. 

3) Change to another somewhat close venue such as where the Caps and Wizards play.  Would also require reissuing tickets though and Washington is not Baltimore.

4) Cancel outright - which I doubt as it wouldn’t be fair to ticket holders, plus most times when something has been sold the seller likes to keep the money!

I bet if 100 of us stayed our opinions on what’s most likely there would be a pretty even split among those options.  Personally I think option 2 is the most likely, but have no knowledge.

What do others think?
    Move it to Philly!
    Love this idea!
  • Options
    Weston1283Weston1283 Fredericksburg, VA Posts: 4,631
    edited November 2021
    https://www.baltimoresun.com/business/bs-bz-baltimore-spending-board-royal-farms-deal-approved-20211124-ogdmxinpevdmhbrdd7fgqhykuq-story.html

I have to say, based on the way that article is written, it sounds like the Arena is planning on a full shutdown in February after the Basketball tournament.  They state that there was concern it wouldn't be finished in time to host the 2023 basketball tournament in Feb 2023.  If that is the case, I don't see how they would be ready to host a concert 3 months into an "aggressive" renovation if they don't think that they could host a basketball game even at the tail end of it.
    2010: Cleveland
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: London ONT / Wrigley Field / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / San Diego / Los Angeles I / Los Angeles II
    2014: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Detroit / Denver
    2015: New York City
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale / Miami / Jacksonville / Greenville / Hampton / Columbia / Lexington / Philly II / New York City II / Toronto II / Bonnaroo / Telluride / Fenway I / Wrigley I / Wrigley - II / TOTD - Philadelphia, San Francisco
    2017: Ohana Fest (EV)
    2018: Amsterdam I / Amsterdam II / Seattle I / Seattle II / Boston I / Boston II
    2021: Asbury Park / Ohana Encore 1 / Ohana Encore 2
    2022: Phoenix / LA I / LA II / Quebec City / Ottawa / New York City / Camden / Nashville / St. Louis / Denver
    2023: St. Paul II
  • Options
    tdawetdawe Posts: 1,999
    https://www.baltimoresun.com/business/bs-bz-baltimore-spending-board-royal-farms-deal-approved-20211124-ogdmxinpevdmhbrdd7fgqhykuq-story.html

I have to say, based on the way that article is written, it sounds like the Arena is planning on a full shutdown in February after the Basketball tournament.  They state that there was concern it wouldn't be finished in time to host the 2023 basketball tournament in Feb 2023.  If that is the case, I don't see how they would be ready to host a concert 3 months into an "aggressive" renovation if they don't think that they could host a basketball game even at the tail end of it.
    Again: hard to say without knowing the plans for exactly what will be happening when. For instance, the article notes that part of the renovation plan includes “ significant exterior upgrades, including balconies, a plaza, lighting and sidewalk improvements.” It’s possible that the facility could host events during times when that work is being conducted. I don’t know anything about how this sort of project typically works, let alone the specifics of this one in particular, but based on the information at hand I’m not ready to conclude that “renovations to begin in February” necessarily means “you can’t host a concert there in May.”
  • Options
    May just got a little more congested.  Both Foo Fighters and Royal Blood announced headlining shows in USA for May 2022
    2013: London ONT / Wrigley Field / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / San Diego / Los Angeles I / Los Angeles II
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale / Miami / Jacksonville / Greenville / Hampton / Columbia / Lexington / Philly II / New York City II / Toronto II / Bonnaroo / Telluride / Fenway I / Wrigley I / Wrigley - II / TOTD - Philadelphia, San Francisco
    2018: Amsterdam I / Amsterdam II / Seattle I / Seattle II / Boston I / Boston II
    2022: Phoenix / LA I / LA II / Quebec City / Ottawa / New York City / Camden / Nashville / St. Louis / Denver
  • Options
    on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,427
    May just got a little more congested.  Both Foo Fighters and Royal Blood announced headlining shows in USA for May 2022
    Isn’t it logical to assume Pearl Jam has already locked in their dates? Even if they haven’t announced them publicly?
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    on2legs said:
    Isn’t it logical to assume Pearl Jam has already locked in their dates? Even if they haven’t announced them publicly?
    I meant congested in terms of people making plans, I’m assuming a lot of PJ folks have interest in the above bands.  

Yes I’m sure PJ has finalized almost all if not all of their dates 
  • Options
    on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,427
    on2legs said:
    I meant congested in terms of people making plans, I’m assuming a lot of PJ folks have interest in the above bands.  

Yes I’m sure PJ has finalized almost all if not all of their dates 
    Gotcha 👍🏻
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    DoDaFooDoDaFoo Seattle, WA Posts: 238
    Just got tickets for Foo Fighters at T-Mobile next August. Glad their Seattle show wasn't in May!
  • Options
    D-RodD-Rod Hamilton, Ontario Posts: 1,801
    DoDaFoo said:
    Just got tickets for Foo Fighters at T-Mobile next August. Glad their Seattle show wasn't in May!
    Just got tickets for FF in Toronto. 
    1996.....Toronto
    2005.....Hamilton
    2011.....Toronto N1, Toronto N2, Hamilton
    2013.....London, Buffalo
    2014.....Detroit
    2016.....Toronto N1 Toronto N2, Boston  N1, Boston N2, Chicago N1
    2018.....Seattle N1, Seattle N2
    2022.....San Diego, Los Angeles N1, Los Angeles N2, Phoenix, Oakland N1, Oakland N2, Quebec City, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto  
    2023.....Fort Worth N1, Fort Worth N2, Austin N1, Austin N2
    2024.....???? 
  • Options
    MakeUSmileMakeUSmile NJ Posts: 1,063
    on2legs said:
    I was told a few weeks ago that PJ has multiple dates on hold at MSG. They are still working the logistics of rescheduled tour and will finalize within a “month or so”

I take this as multiple dates at various times throughout the month depending on what route they take. They will release the dates that don’t work with their tour route. Not as multiple dates to play, but it’s all from a friend of a friend type deal so I am unable to question. 

So I do believe things aren’t really finalized yet and it’s not just a matter of announcing them publicly. 
    can you feel this world with your heart and not your brain?
  • Options
    This is weird considering show was just announced today 

• Options
    OceansJennyOceansJenny Manhattan, NY Posts: 3,175

Will be curious to see what they book. But good to see they are having issues as well and it’s not just PJ.
    DC '03 - Reading '04 - Philly '05 - Camden 1 '06 - DC '06 - E. Rutherford '06 - The Vic '07 - Lollapalooza '07 - DC '08 - EV DC 1 & 2 '08 (Met Ed!!) - EV Baltimore 1 & 2 '09 - EV NYC 1 '11 (Met Ed!) - Hartford '13 - GCF '15 - MSG 2 '16 - TOTD MSG '16 - Boston 1 & 2 '18 - SHN '21 - EV NYC 1 & 2 '22 - MSG '22
  • Options
    CrewCrew Posts: 299
    joseph33 said:
    If Baltimore gets canceled because of venue renovations,why not honor those who had tickets and open a third date for MSG?
    Not for me. 

Already a 3-4 hour trip from southeast VA.. can't justify doubling our travel time with a teenager in tow.

Bring it back to HAMPTON, VA!! 

Gives them an opportunity to rectify that abysmal poster from last time, at minimum.   ;)

• Options
    Crew said:
    joseph33 said:
    Not for me. 

Already a 3-4 hour trip from southeast VA.. can't justify doubling our travel time with a teenager in tow.

Gives them an opportunity to rectify that abysmal poster from last time, at minimum.   ;)

It’s a shame Richmond VA doesn’t have a concert arena, probably my only complaint about living here.

My vote for central VA would be another show in Charlottesville or the Raleigh make up wouldn’t be too far away
  • Options
    Crew said:
    joseph33 said:
    Not for me. 

It’s a shame Richmond VA doesn’t have a concert arena, probably my only complaint about living here.

My vote for central VA would be another show in Charlottesville or the Raleigh make up wouldn’t be too far away
    Now we are moving much further south from Baltimore.
    DC '03 - Reading '04 - Philly '05 - Camden 1 '06 - DC '06 - E. Rutherford '06 - The Vic '07 - Lollapalooza '07 - DC '08 - EV DC 1 & 2 '08 (Met Ed!!) - EV Baltimore 1 & 2 '09 - EV NYC 1 '11 (Met Ed!) - Hartford '13 - GCF '15 - MSG 2 '16 - TOTD MSG '16 - Boston 1 & 2 '18 - SHN '21 - EV NYC 1 & 2 '22 - MSG '22
  • Options
    cutzcutz Posts: 11,429
    on2legs said:
    I was told a few weeks ago that PJ has multiple dates on hold at MSG. They are still working the logistics of rescheduled tour and will finalize within a “month or so”

I take this as multiple dates at various times throughout the month depending on what route they take. They will release the dates that don’t work with their tour route. Not as multiple dates to play, but it’s all from a friend of a friend type deal so I am unable to question. 

So I do believe things aren’t really finalized yet and it’s not just a matter of announcing them publicly. 
    Multiple shows at MSG? 

Let's HOPE that happens.
  • Options
    MakeUSmileMakeUSmile NJ Posts: 1,063
    cutz said:
    on2legs said:

Multiple shows at MSG? 

Let's HOPE that happens.
    Im taking it more as multiple dates on hold until they finalize their plans.  But they were supposed to be back in the fall of 2020, so who knows. Maybe we will get multiple shows. Fingers crossed! 
    can you feel this world with your heart and not your brain?
  • Options
    cutz said:
    on2legs said:

Multiple shows at MSG? 

Let's HOPE that happens.
    Im taking it more as multiple dates on hold until they finalize their plans.  But they were supposed to be back in the fall of 2020, so who knows. Maybe we will get multiple shows. Fingers crossed! 
    Yeah I took it as multiple dates held as tentative, only 1 (or 2) will be booked.
  • Options
    tdawetdawe Posts: 1,999

As a bit of political theater I like announcing a show and then immediately canceling it, instead of never announcing it and leaving it to fans to assume you’re avoiding venues governed by hammerheads. 
  • Options
    jimjam1982jimjam1982 AZ Posts: 1,210
    tdawe said:

As a bit of political theater I like announcing a show and then immediately canceling it, instead of never announcing it and leaving it to fans to assume you’re avoiding venues governed by hammerheads. 
    This is gonna happen for Nashville and Phoenix probably. Possibly OKC? 

Really like how foos did it. Put the blame in the arena/state/city. 

Next steps are for the sponsors of these stadiums to back out on the naming rights payments. They aren't getting what they are paying for if the place is empty
  • Options
    With this delay in announcing its gonna be difficult to schedule trip to Phoenix on short notice (with kids, jobs etc),...are we expecting more dates added ? Maybe more Canadian dates ? ;)